1 HOURS AGO 10 last minute costumes that actually look legit: http://t.co/mxeOK2EU2m

2 HOURS AGO Can this app help you ace math? http://t.co/6HyPHr7u87

3 HOURS AGO The best type of bangs for your face (oh yeah, it matters): http://t.co/Q2xBOvMPHx

COMMENTS

Am I sick? I have all the symptoms for a chronic disease!

I think I may have Type 1 Diabetes. I have all the symptoms, but I don't know how to tell my parents. What should I do? ...

You shouldn't be glad julybaby01.. It's very sad having that. It's bad that so many girls have it!!

by cookies345 on 4/9/2013 7:58:58 PM

Hello! So if you find out u do have it prepare. I have had so many people say but your not fat,is it contagious,why are you eating a brownie, and so much more. People out there tell people what type one is! Join my club T1D

by DANCING WITH MYSELF on 3/16/2013 10:04:16 PM

Its nice to know so many other GL girls have Type 1! I've had it since 2007 when i was 7, but i try not to let it stop me from doing what i love, yes it gets frustrating and i want to give up, and it definetly keeps me on my toes, but i make it through! so will you if you have it!

by blueeyeddreamer on 2/26/2013 10:31:06 AM

the other day I found this weird bump on the inside of my ear. I can't see it because of the way my ear bends, but it hurts to touch.
Also, I have this weird hole like thing on the bottom of my foot. It's very tiny ad has been there for several years. My mom thinks its a wart, but it's inward and has been there for a whole now.
What is all this stuff???

Hey girl, trust me when I say you're not the only person who discovers these sorts of things. I would not sweat them, however. For the bump in your ear, don't touch it. For the foot spot, maybe try a wart cream and see what happens as you apply it.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by kenbon on 11/26/2012 6:48:40 PM

I don't trust doctors.
I've had bad experiences at the hospital...

by Madison Hoke on 11/20/2012 11:11:34 PM

I hate having type1! Everyone thinks I have type 2 when I don't. I waited for a while, and like @gigishook 's brother, I was near death. Now I have had it for 5 years, and you will soon get better at taking care of yourself. I'm kind of glad to see so much GL gals who have type1, so I know I'm not alone! Smile

by julybaby01 on 11/8/2012 5:58:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
can i become a person who answers "mod" questions?? and if i can, how? thanx!!

Hey bballstar123, you can always create an advice club and help girlies out with their problems. I'm sure you'll be useful to a lot of girls! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by bballstar123 on 11/8/2012 5:55:08 PM

i have type 1 diabetes and honestly it is frustrating but treatable. The first few months are the hardest. Getting used to a new routine, testing your blood sugar, getting shots, and counting carbs is hard but you WILL make it through. I was diognosed with out symptoms so i never got really sick like most people do. i have learned to NEVER let diabetes stop me and i still do things any other person does... just with a little more to think about. Diabetes is a serious- but treatable!!!

by stargede on 11/7/2012 6:21:00 PM

ihave type 1 diabetes

by luvr21 on 11/6/2012 7:45:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!
OK so I have Ovarian Cysts. I have been diagnosed by a doc. Yesterday one burst (I have had one burst before so I know what it feels like) It was a really big one and it still hurts. It burns. How should I deal other than taking my pain meds?

Hey Girl, I am sorry but I don't know much about Ovarian Cysts. Defintely keep taking your meds, but talk to your doctor about what else you can do to help.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Angel07 on 11/6/2012 1:26:57 PM

Okay, so I have a problem which my mom puts it as by slouching a lot! Ugh! ^-^ I'm a tall person so it makes , from my mom's point of view, insecure, feeling like your shy, bored, etc.. I ask my friends, but they always say, we like you for who you are so we relly don't care and my best guy friend slouches to make fun of me but in a flirty way and he always says, " don't let of how you look ruin the true you just caz somebody said you look weird" which is so true! Idk what to do! My mom said I gotta stand tall with confidence, pride, and look smart though you are relly smart. It's too much work and stuff.. PLz help! OH ALSO< --another question! My mom wants me to wear makeup caz I'm 13 and I don't wanna! I know how to but I tend to wear jeans, hoodie, tee everywhere I go.. I need fashion help to impress my mom! AND MAKEUP HOW TO HELP!! !PLZ HELP! I want my mom to see me mature and grown not that so not true insecure girl tomboy ish but i don't wanna change my personality!

Hey Girl, I totally understand where you're coming from. Slouching can actually cause back problems so you should try to work on that. Check out or style section for makeup tips, start with lipgloss and keep it light so you are comfortable at first. You can still be a tomboy and dress well... instead of sneakers, try some boots, stick with the jeans, and instead of a hoodie wear a zip up sweatshirt and some layers. Voila! You're a fashionable YOU.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Susmita24 on 11/6/2012 12:42:03 PM

Hey GL girls! I know you've seen regular people say hey, come join my club, well, in this chatting room club, which is called Blah Blah Blah club which our ex president Lisseniere made is really awesome and I believe it deserves more people than 10, plz, I know some girls out there feel insecure or bored on GL caz you seen every post there is! So plz take the T:ME and join this club, Lisseniere gave the torch to me to keep up her club and I don't wanna fail one my good besties, thanks 4 reading this and hope you thought thoroughly. Smile

by Susmita24 on 11/6/2012 12:24:36 PM

Mod
I think I might have OCD. I've thought so for a while. I have trouble sleeping, and I can't fall asleep unless my room is clean. Also, I go through phases where I convince myself that bad things will happen if I don't do a certain thing--when I was younger I thought that if my eyes weren't closed when I turned the lights off at night, I would have nightmares and be killed in my sleep. Sometimes I get really nervous that I'm going to do something impulsive and horrible, like throwing something valuable out the window or screaming out a rude comment to someone. Then I have trouble talking to that person because I feel like I will force myself to do it. I'm I also get really anxious, to the point where I can't eat or sleep and my stomach will hurt for months at a time, especially when school starts. I've taken online quizzes, and they all say that it is likely that I have it. My parents have no idea, and I'm worried they'll just think I'm being a hypochondriac. Help!

Hey girl, I think you're worrying a bit too much here. First of all, don't trust the Internet in diagnosing disorders; trust a doctor. Sometimes the Internet can lead us to exaggerate or over focus on certain traits. I wouldn't trust it in telling you whether you have OCD, which is a very serious thing. If you are worried, a) tell your parents about the feelings you have and b) talk to a guidance counselor at your school or someone with a background in psychology (aka an expert) who can give you a better, scientific read on whether there's reason to be worried.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by pinkninja64 on 11/5/2012 5:45:31 PM

GUY TROUBLES? DOES THAT ONE GIRL GET ON YOUR NERVES? SOLVE ALL YOUR GIRL PROBLEMS HERE: http://www.girlslife.com/AdviceQueen.aspx?id=10905

by myfatsquirrel on 11/5/2012 5:37:36 PM

I'm a type 1 diabetic and I was diagnosed w/o symptoms

by stargede on 11/5/2012 6:58:33 AM

Please, please, please tell your parents!!!!! My brother was diagnosed with type one diabetes over a year ago. Don't wait till you get really sick like he did. My brother was close to death because he waited so long. PLEASE don't reach that point because it's really scary. My brother has a friend who diagnosed himself with T1D so you might be on to something. Just please check it out with a doctor before anything bad happens. If you do have diabetes,it gets a lot better. The first few months can be really hard, but it WILL get easier with time and dedication. Good luck girly! Smile

by gigishook on 11/5/2012 12:20:47 AM