AN HOUR AGO 5 ways to sass up your salad: http://t.co/6lXjxj4cim

2 HOURS AGO 5 fit vids to whip you into shape: http://t.co/4w5iTzC1Ql

3 HOURS AGO We wanna know! How do you feel about smoking? http://t.co/WcbALOzQ4B

COMMENTS

What's pH got to do with it?

I keep hearing about my pH balance and I'm very confused. What is it? The pH scale measures the relative acidity of a certain substance. Maintaining...

Mod mod mod mod mod
My period is super heavy and luckily for me I'm also slightly anemic. Sometimes when Im on my period I feel week like I'm about to faint. I also get really bad migraines. My doctor gave me these pills that are supposed to make the migraines hurt less. She told me to take them 1-3 days before I'm supposed to have my period. My period is still really irregular though so I'm not sure if I should take a pill or not. I'm supposed to get my period tomorrow. And today I've been getting some cramps and a headache but I'm scared to take the pill cause I don't know what will happen if I take it and I don't get my Period. Help!

Hey swifty #1, I would take it just to be sure. She said between 1 and 3 days, so you should be okay. Call her and let her know your periods are irregular and unsure of what to do. She'll give you the best advice. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by swifty#1 on 1/11/2013 8:09:52 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod

Sorry girl, your question was a little too inappropriate for this site. And I am sorry, but I have no idea.

Hannah H.
Hannah H.

by Roxizzy on 1/10/2013 3:16:42 PM

Do you have to go to the doctor to check your pH balance?

by StrayngeFlowar on 12/9/2012 8:19:40 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
My "down there" is sore. What does this mean and what should I do?

Helen S.

by Megan1220 on 11/24/2012 4:21:47 PM

Our pH level is important.

I think our pH levels also affects how long sperm can live in our vagina. In health they said it was a tough environment for sperm to survive, which is probably a good thing for most of us until we get older.

by fashionqn on 11/19/2012 6:28:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have a question that I cant seem to find the answer to.I get hair bumps "down there".They keep coming back and are irratating.Is there anything i can do to stop them from popping up?

Hey girl,

You might get ingrown hairs from shaving, so try shaving in the direction the hair grows to avoid irritation.

Meghan D.

by GL4LIFE1 on 11/17/2012 11:46:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
i've used a tampon but twice ive cut the bottom of my vagina and it burns when i pee,how can i make the burning go away.

Hey girl,

It's normal to have trouble when you are first using a tampon, but if you are feeling a burning I would talk to your mom about seeing a doc to be on the safe side!

Meghan D.

by Monet428 on 11/17/2012 11:40:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
This is kind of a weird question, but um how do i wash down there when I'm on my period? Like is there a special kind of soap or something, cause I change my pads regularly but sometimes I can still smell it....
thanks (:
-Katarina

hey! there's no certain soap to use, just wash like you normally would Smile

Helen S.

by kat_13 on 11/17/2012 1:07:30 PM

MOD!
I'm in a very sticky situation. My boyfriend and I had sex... More than once. With a condom and he pulled out. But I want to tell my mom that I want birth control. I'm okay with asking my mom to get the pill. I'm just nervous about going to the doctors? Like what do they do/ask? If they ask if I'm a virgin, and I lie, would it change anything? Thanks!

You should tell your doctor the truth. They ask for medical reasons so unless you tell them the truth, they won't be able to make sure you're 100% healthy. So I suggest you tell the doctor the truth if they ask you. Its the best way to be as healthy as possible. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by topaz16 on 11/13/2012 10:15:16 PM

I have a question that I cant seem to find the answer to.I get hair bumps "down there" in places that I cant reach.They keep coming back and are irratating.Is there anything i can do to stop them from popping up?

by GL4Life1 on 11/11/2012 5:08:18 PM

This is a weird question but I got my period when I was 13 and then I lost a lot of weight by exercising and eating healthy. Anyways, my last period was really heavy and lasted for a couple of weeks. Finally it stopped but I never got it back since then. Should I be worried? Will I ever get it back?

Hey Roselyn475, oh yes you will definitely get it back. Periods have a tendency to become irregular, sometimes bleeding later or earlier than they normally would. No worries just be on the lookout for the next one. Keeping a calendar tracking when you get your period may help a little. Let me know if you need anymore advice. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Roselyn475 on 11/4/2012 9:29:03 AM

Mod mod mod mod mod
Hey. Well my friends and I were playing a game of the weirdest things to possibly happen. One was getting a pimple 'down there.' Being the worry wart I can be I want to know whether you can get a pimple down south. If so how do you get rid of it?
Thank you.

Hey girl,

You can get pimples on pretty much any part of your skin, even in weird places like your hairline or leg. So I would think it would be possible to get a pimple in that area, although not within the vagina, just on your legs or bikini area. If that happened, it would probably just go away with soap eventually. I wouldn't worry about it too much!

Meghan D.

by akaprincess on 11/3/2012 11:45:47 PM

mod mod mod
when will the december/january magazing issue be coming out?

Hey girl,

It should be released later this month!

Meghan D.

by yorkielover88 on 11/2/2012 10:51:20 PM

Mod mod mod
This is kind of an embarrassing question to ask but I used to be 5'4 about 144 lbs and a 34C bra size. I had an hourglass figure and I loved my shape. Well I started basketball season and we run a lot. Well since I started, i have lost about 15lbs and I think my boobs are shrinking😞 how do you think I can get my shape back.

Hey girl,

If you're getting in shape, that's great! Being fit and healthy is more important than what shape you are, so try embracing your new, fit bod! You are still young and your body won't stop growing until you are about 18, so it's possible your cup size will increase. But breasts do have a lot of fat, so it's normal they got smaller when you got more fit. Being healthy is more important than having breasts, so be happy that you are in great shape! Smile

Meghan D.

by artistchic99 on 11/2/2012 8:36:46 PM

Umm..weird sorta related question..how do you clean your vagina if your on your period and it is on heavy fluid right now..ha.hha....uh..yeah..it started on monday but been heavy since i started again.. :/ and is my vagina messed up if I use soap and lukewarm water to clean it when I'm not on my period? Is my pH balanced or no???

Hey girlie, a gentle, non-scented soap is best. Wash up in the shower to keep the mess down and make sure all that soap is completely rinsed off. They also have down there products you can buy, like little wet naps for cleanups in-between showers- super useful for that time of month.

Lauren I.