5 HOURS AGO Boobs actually get flatter from sleeping on your belly—#FactOrFiction? http://t.co/7mzxaXpwC0

8 HOURS AGO Are you and your BFFL too much alike!? Take the #quiz, and see if you're stuck in the clone zone: http://t.co/BpmROLyNcN

9 HOURS AGO Sneak a peek at your future in this week's horoscopes: http://t.co/9XlQA9FGQg

COMMENTS

6 ways to get the guts to talk to your crush

Let’s be real, ladies: Bella Swan didn’t just wake up one morning and transform into a vampire for Edward, and Justin Bieber didn’t just rent out the...

One of my friends who lies a lot, told my crush that I like him, and she said he likes me back. Should I believe her?? I don't know because what if she is lying or what if she is telling the truth??

Hey girl,

I would talk to him instead of going by hearsay, especially if you're not sure if she's telling you the truth or not. Talking to him directly would be the best way to find out the truth!

Meghan D.

by Poophead234 on 12/15/2012 9:31:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
How do I get the courage to tell my crush that I like him?

Guys are really into girls who aren't afraid to tell them how they feel. Get him alone and have a normal conversation and just simply say "i like you." If he takes it weird and you have the feeling he only likes you as a friend, you can always just play it off. He could take it so many different ways! You go girl!
mailyse f.

by iloveonedirection! on 12/14/2012 3:55:57 PM

ok, i think i would have the courage to ask the guy i like out (Seeing as im really shy, this is an achievment. i would do it monday...if only i knew how. should i ask in a note? in person? ask for his number first so that i could txt him? i really like him and all my friends say we would look cute together...and a couple say he probably likes me as well. but i have no idea what to do...

Hey girl,

I think asking in person is the best way to go since this is a big deal! If he says no, just say you can still be friends and leave it at that. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by lili-ana on 12/1/2012 11:18:26 PM

And #7, do your actual homework! Don't want to cut the date short so you can finish your science project, do you? And you dont want to drag down the mood, worrying about your English essay throughout the entire date!

by emroxlol on 11/25/2012 9:58:08 PM

please help!Okay, I am really stuck. I sit next to this really cute guy in history. I have a major crush on him. I dont think he has on crush on me though. Or if he does then he's really good at hiding it! Anyway, I wish he knew how I feel about him. But the other half of me is like NO WAY HE CAN FIND OUT! It's really hard to stop thinking about him. I have writen 4 about him! My best friends know that I like him big time, and they are really supportive. We make small talk. I sometimes ask what the date is. I have to give him my notes because he doesnt copy them down fast enough. Im okay with that because i will do that for anybody. We sit near the back of the room. But there are two people who sit behind us! I know i should find out if he's single first. But im almost postive that he is single. We are the same religion. But one day I heard him say that he only goes to church so that he can get married in one! He also swears alot. Is he bad news? should i move on?

by Rea12 on 11/17/2012 7:56:08 PM

please help me so one of my closest friend has a brother who's in eighth grade and I'm in seventh. I liked him last year and he said i was cute,i think one of the reason we didnt go out was becuase seventh graders couldnt date sixth graders back then.Now were older what do you think i should do,becuase of the age difference i cant talk to him and im too scared. Please help me!!!!

by Monet428 on 11/13/2012 7:13:53 PM

Me & my boyfriend have been dating for a few months, and we havent kissed yet. I know he wants to, and I do too but it's his first kiss. I've had mine already, but when should I do it & how?

Try these awesome and super helpful links!

~Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Symphoni789 on 11/13/2012 4:54:35 PM

thanks! the way he talks is really random... like, he talks about crazy theories for how things could work out, like time travel or my art projects being somehow related to unicorns. that's a really bad example, but he's pretty crazy (in a good way!). i can totally appreciate that sort of stuff, but i am a little bit more "by the book" about stuff...

Hey! haha yeah I have friends who make those kinds of connections, and I know what you mean, it can be fun. Just don't be afraid to disagree with him. In fact, that could spark a good discussion.

Helen S.

by the_last_ninja on 11/10/2012 4:13:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
i don't really have a problem talking to my crush courage wise, but once i we start talking i freeze up and don't know what to say. he knows this and tries to get me out of my shell a little, but it doesn't really work. i feel really badly because he knows how chatty i am with my friends but then i totally fail at talking to him. plus he always says that he knows there's something i'm not telling him (true, it's that i like him). most of our conversations are awkward, as admitted by both of us, but we both keep initiating them. help me learn to talk to him!!!

Hey! That's rough. I know it's hard, but I think it really helps to try not to focus so much on your feelings for him when you're having a casual conversation. Try focusing on what you're talking about and get excited to get to know him better. really listen to what he's saying. once you're interested in the conversation (and not thinking about how you want the conversation to go well) it won't be awkward to keep it going. good luck!

Helen S.

by the_last_ninja on 11/10/2012 4:01:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
so i have a crush on J.last school year he liked me back,but we never fessed up.i guess he stoped liking me over the summer, since we never saw each other,but i still liked him and missed him with all my heart.so when i whent back to school all ready to ask him out,but soon enough he got together with the new girl,S.well,yesterday my BFF told me that S dumped J.i decided to send my guy friend K to ask him if he wanted to go out with me now that S had dumped him,but K came back with a no.now theres this other guy,G,who REALLY likes me.i'd go out with him,but i just can't get J out of my system.what should i do?HELP!

Hey girl,

If you like him, go for it! The first guy will probably need a little time to get over his other girlfriend, too. If you're not ready to move on, it's okay to get to know the second guy as friends--there's no rush to ask him out, so just hang out casually and things will move to the next stage when you're ready!

Meghan D.

by ashbabe567765 on 11/9/2012 9:55:05 PM

MODMODMOD
Here's my problem. I like this guy and nobody knows. He sits right next to me in science and we talk but it's like "What was number 2?" It's an okay start but I need something besides school to talk about. Any ideas?

Hey rockinmagz, start by complimenting him. Ask where he got his shoes from or compliment his hair and take it from there. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by rockinmagz on 11/8/2012 6:46:59 PM

I desperately need advice! Ok, so, I had P.E. with this really nice guy last semester and after we hung out a little during class he asked me for my number. Back then I was really shy and inexperienced. Basically we never hung out of did anything because I kept freaking out and turning him down. Now, (half a year later) I am still thinking about him. I don't have any classes with him anymore and rarely see him in the hallway. How can I nonchalantly start talking to him? I really want him to give me another chance so I can give him one. Please help!!!!

by guitartar on 11/7/2012 8:06:37 PM

I finally asked my crush out, and he said yes! But now we don't ever really get to talk. We don't have any classes together so we can't talk then and when ever we see each other in the hallways he only looks me in the eye and smiles slighty. I have thought about asking him out on a date but my mom said because i am not 16 yet she has to come with. What should I do?

by Geek Lover on 11/7/2012 5:13:35 PM

i want to be good friends with this guy. Hes really polite and funny. I talk to him now and then but not enough to consider him as a friend. I dont have any classes with him, so i dont see him that often. And sometimes when i talk to him i get all shy and nervous. How should i become friends with him? and when i talk to him how can i not be as shy and nervous? He seems like a really nice guy.

Hannah H.

by stars2010 on 11/6/2012 2:22:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Here is the situation. Last night on facebook I posted a status saying that I wanted to see a movie and wish I could drive. Then, my crush that's a year older than me said he could drive me. I have thought he liked me for a while and this basically confirmed it. I want to message him on facebook at set up a time to go with him. Only problem, I haven't told my mom about this and she is at work now. She has never met him before and I'm not sure she will let me go t the movies alone with a boy. I can call my mom at work and ask her if I can go. Should I make plans with him and then ask her if I can go? I mean what if he is busy now? What should I do???

Hey Girl, As a rule, I always call my mom first. You should get the O.K. from her before you make plans. But if you already made them, she should still let you go out.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Pugglegirl1008 on 11/6/2012 9:00:35 AM

I dunno how this works but here goes. I have a major crush on the cutie in my german class. He is hot and funny. Here is the doozy, I've only talked to him once or twice mainly because I'm a huge wiener. Here is doozy number 2, the football ball at my school is in 2 weeks and i still haven't had the guts to ask him to go with me, and doozy number 3 we're constantly catching each other's eyes. In the library, in the halls, in the cafeteria, and most of all in german class. No matter where i go to look or even help from my friends and even my mom. I need some help and some tips to help me work up the guts to talk to him.

Hey girl, here's a trick: ask him what the homework assignment in German class is or if he can help you with a concept you went over in class. Now you've got him talking and a chance to hang one on one with him if you study together. Good luck!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by killjoygil463 on 11/5/2012 7:18:00 PM

I have a crush, but I don't think he knows I exist. He's older than me, and is kind of a loner. The worst thing is he likes my best friend. How could I say hi, without seeming really random? (We've never spoken that much )

Hey girlie, just say hi. He might think it's a little strange at first, but he'll notice you and he'll notice that you're paying attention to him.

Lauren T.

by linabearforever on 11/4/2012 7:53:10 PM

MOD MOD lynae i was asking helen what i should do bcuz i keep losing stuff. i lost my binder and haveeverything for school (other than my books) in it. i had everything in there and have loooked everywhere for it! pls help thanks in advance

Hey girlie, ask around at school in case you might have left it there. Talk to your teachers tomorrow and check any lost and founds. Also talk to your parents to ask if they've seen it. Unfortunately, you probably won't be able to do any homework without it, but your teachers are likely to be understanding if you've lost it.

Lauren T.

by puddinface7 on 11/4/2012 6:11:37 PM

Mod , Mod, Mod,
There is a girl at my school and she's REALLY MAD at me. Lets just call her Sally. So I was just talking to one of my friends , and my friend told me who her boyfriend was. So then Sally walked up asking who my friends bf was (she had been listening the whole time). So I whispered to my friend ,"You don't have to tell her." Then Sally got real mad at me and cursed me out and walked away. Now she has all her friends talking about me.
How do I stop her from spreading rumors about me??

Hey girlie, your best option is confrontation. Tell her that you didn't mean to offend her and you would appreciate it if she would stop talking about you. If you're too afraid to you ask a friend to talk to her for you.

Lauren T.

by Cartoon Kit-Kat on 11/4/2012 6:01:04 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
Okay, so I was friends with guy(Caleb) and I sorta had a crush on him. He was nice and I thought he liked me back. He walked me to every one of my classes and gave me a hug after he walked me to class. One day, during lunch, a girl from my colorgaurd team calls him out to talk to him and I don’t think anything of it. They talk all through lunch, but, at the end of it, he just gets his stuff and leaves without walking me to sixth period. I don’t see him afterschool either. The next day he doesn’t walk me to first or second period, but during second, the girl who was talking to him during lunch(Marina) explodes on me about how Caleb was dating someone from another school and how I shouldn’t ever talk to him again. I try to talk to him during lunch, but he says that he is in a bad mood and doesn’t want to talk so I went away. I’m really confused about what is happening and I don’t know what to do! Could you please help me! Thanks!

Hey mushrooms.rule, I would give it a few days before talking to him. Maybe a week to two weeks. Then ask him if everything is okay and if you two can be friends again. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by mushrooms.rule on 11/4/2012 12:49:43 PM

My crush doesn't like me but I see him have the signs. I asked him on Facebook and he said that he doesn't like me but would like to talk to me more in person cuz we usually talk more online. I don't know if he's truthful or not cuz I see him look at me a lot and smiles. When I had to read something from a book he turned like 90 degrees to look at me and clapped the LOUDEST! Could he not like me cuz we don't talk much? And I only see him once a week so I can usually only talk to him on facebook... We are even pretty friendly after I asked him and we don't mention it much. But yesterday on skype he asked me how my love life was going and he said he asks that to everyone but I don't think he does.. And I said it was ok since nothing really happens for me. He said that he could find the "perfect" guy for me! Is he being friendly or actually interested? And I'm 2 years younger than him so maybe that's it? Sorry it's confusing but THANKS! Laughing

Hey sugar7410, I can't tell if he wants to just be your friend or more than that. Try talking to him more in person and see if you can pick up any signs from that. See if he's touchy feely or tries to get close to you or makes direct eye contact. Things like that will let you know if he likes you. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by sugar7410 on 11/4/2012 10:51:22 AM

Mod Mod Mod...
My crush doesn't go to my school and he is a freshmen in high school and I'm an 8th grader. I only see him in the summer at cattle shows and 1)his parents, friends, or brother are always around and I don't really want them to thin anything at first 2)I'm really shy and I've never had a boyfriend and he has had a girlfriend 3) he goes off and on with this other girl that I don't really know (I just kknow her name)so I never know if he has a girlfriend or not 4) I don't have a phone or facebook, i can't get a facebook until next year and I can't get a phone until I get my license unless i pay for it by myself. Any suggestions on how to talk to him at all??? Thank You SOOO much!

Hey Cowsrule11, umm this one is a little hard girly. The only thing I can think of is going to highschool events like sport games and fundraisers and hoping you see him. And if you do you have to get confident and approach him. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Cowsrule11 on 11/4/2012 10:05:29 AM

Mod mod
Thanks Helen! But I lost my binder and that had all my stuff in it I've checked everywhere! What should I do?

Hey puddinface7, Helen has signed off but I'm here to help. Would you mind explaining your problem to me so I can help ya out. I'll be more than happy to give you advice girly. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by puddinface7 on 11/4/2012 7:17:44 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
My crush does respond to me, but it seems like he likes to class more than online. He compliments me almost every day saying I like nice. And we took turns playing cat mario on my computer during school after we finished the assignment given. I also waved to him one day and he didn't wave until I was almost unsealable, so after he got home he shot me a message on facebook saying sorry for not waving. What should I do from this point?

Hey girl,

Maybe next time you could wait for him to start the conversation or to wave to you first! It sounds like he's at least interested in being friends, so keep hanging out and talking to him and see where things go from there.

Meghan D.

by Pugglegirl1008 on 11/3/2012 10:26:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
SO I like love this guy. hes on the basketball team and hes so cute! i sent him a letter and i regret it. and my friend sent his brother (her crush) a letter too and she put her email in there and he emailed her and then it ended up that she told him who she was and who I was and I feel like my crush thinks im a freak but I don’t care that much. I just want to find a way to get him to talk to me… please help

Hey girl,

Your crush might have been surprised about the letter, so I would wait a few days before trying to talk to him. If he doesn't approach you first, you could say that you want to be friends no matter how he feels and just leave it at that. Now that he knows how you feel, he'll make a move if he feels the same way.

Meghan D.

by pinktastic4ever on 11/3/2012 10:18:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
So I have been flirting with my crush lately, and 2 days in a row I talked to him on Facebook. Do you think I should play it cool for a couple days so I don't look creepy wanting to talk to him a lot?

Hey girl,

If he's talking to you back, you're probably fine since he wants to talk to you too! But if he doesn't respond to your messages, I would wait a few days before sending another one, or let him message you first. You could also try talking in person!

Meghan D.

by Pugglegirl1008 on 11/3/2012 10:14:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
sooooo i need a really cute way to ask a boy to the movies. i need to do it tonight because the movie is tomorrow night! any cute ideas? thanks!!! <3

Hey girl,

I don't think there's a specific way to ask him to the movie, just ask if he wants to go or if he's seen whatever movie you want to see, and if he says no, you can respond by asking if he wants to! I don't think he'll focus on how you asked him, he'll just be flattered that you did!

Meghan D.

by say.xoxo on 11/3/2012 9:20:52 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!!!
ok so last week my bff had asked my crush if he liked me,and he said that he hasnt thought about it? Im always trying these steps but he never notices any other tipps????

Hey girl,

Instead of trying specific flirting tips, try just talking to him as a friend and being yourself! Start up a casual conversation and go from there. If you're friends, he'll get to know you and see how awesome you are!

Meghan D.

by aweaver13 on 11/3/2012 9:11:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm try to sum this up: I'm shy at school-outgoing with friends-i come off as being tough-but really sensitive. I went to a bday party-wore something that kids wouldn't expect to see me in (just a more fitted dress that was super flattering-more girly)- i kinda expected for at least one guy to say i looked nice- didn't happen- now i'm disappointed- i KNOW guys were checking me out (that sounds self absorbed but i the only reason i noticed is because i garentee u thats the first time they noticed i could look pretty)-a couple of guys came and started to talking to people around me- but me being shy would nonchalantly put my back to them and start talking to someone else-i don't know what to do-i thought i looked so great and when no guys said a thing i'm bummed-i saw a guy i kinda like-but now my friend saw him and now she likes him-now i'm ignoring my feelings and letting her go for it...what's up with me??

Hey girl,

You're right that guys might have been shy, but the truth is that you don't need a fitted dress to show guys how awesome you are! Try showing them the greatest part of you: your personality! Instead of turning your back to them, introduce yourself to them at school and start a casual conversation. If you're shy, talk to a guy who's in one of your classes and that will give you a conversation starter. You could even set up a study session together! Try getting to know guys and they will see how awesome you are, inside and out Smile

Meghan D.

by Justmecheyenne on 11/3/2012 9:01:36 PM

MOD MOD
So 3 things: 1 i have a crush who is super immature but HILARIOUS and i think he likes me. he is a little meAAan so should i just move on or how do i show that i like him cuz he'd prob make a joke even if he LOVES me.
2 my other crush is his bff, and he says hi to me whenevr he sees me, and we dont even have any classes togeether. he prob likes me, but how do i get to know him better and his cousin who is only 8 keeps embarrassing me and telling him i like him! how do i cope?
And sorry this is so long but THREE im not overweight (yet) but other than soccer i cant make myself excersise cuz im always worrying about stuff like i always lose things and thats like the only thing that i get in trouble for. so how do i get excercising? and how do i quit losing things? thanks in advance!

hey! 1) Go with your gut. i think you know deep down whether you think this guy's worth your time, only you can give the advice you need on this one 2) If his cousin says stuff, just brush it off. if you show that an 8 year old's comments bug you, it'll become obvious that the kid is spot on about your feelings. 3) Why don't you see if you have any girlfirends who also can't get motivated, and then work out together. if it's a group activity, it's easier to stick with it. if you have a designated "spot" for each belonging and you consistently put them there, it becomes easier to keep track of stuff. also a clean room is a ticket to easily locating stuff when you need it. Good luck!

Helen S.

by puddinface7 on 11/3/2012 4:30:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! Ok, so I'm a freshmen, and my crush is a senior... I didn't know he was a senior until yesterday, but I REALLY like him. He is SO easy to talk to, and he's super funny and adorable. My friends all say we'd look cute together, but I don't know what to do... I'd love to get to know him better and I'd love to go out with him, but I don't know if it's worth trying to see if he likes me since he's a senior and will be graduating this year. Would you think it was worth it, just to have fun? I'm not really looking for a serious relationship anyways, since I've never had a boyfriend or gone out with anyone before. Thank you so much Mod! Hope you have a great day Smile

Hey! Yeah I'd think it was worth it. You seem to have the right mindset about it so there's not too much risk of it ending badly. I say go for it Smile

Helen S.

by pookamads on 11/3/2012 3:15:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I asked this question on the article with the iPhone case but it never got answered. So I got asked out by my crush yesterday (YAYY!!!) and of course I said yes! One obstacle, I have never had a boyfriend before and this will be my first date. How can I ask my mom if I can go out with him? We don't have any details set yet but I am really excited! Also what do I say to him if my mom says no? Please help!

hey! The tough truth of being a kid is that you can't get your parental units to do anything. You can however, try to open a dialogue with her about your feelings. Explain your side to her in a non-whiney, calm manner. Don't interrupt her or get angry even if she interrupts you or gets angry. That's unfair, but since she has all the power, it's in your best interest not to antagonize her. As in, you'll be more likely to get what you want if you act really, super mature. If she still says no, accept her decision gracefully. If she sees that you're not going to throw a fit for not getting your way, she'll be more likely to listen next time you want something. good luck!

Helen S.

by awtechnofish on 11/3/2012 12:43:54 PM

I used this last week, and it totally changed my confidence. Guess what? Because of this outstanding post,my crush asked me out! Thanks a bunch, Girlslife!!!!!

by perfect n' popular on 11/3/2012 12:42:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
i got an invite to my crush's surprise b-day party! mega-yay!!!=D but...i don't know what to get him! i don't know him super well. i could ask his mom for ideas (she's a teacher at my school)... the party's in two weeks, so i have time, but aaaaaagghhh!!!!

Hey! you could ask his mom, his friends, or if you both have facebooks you could friend him and see what his music and other interests are, and get him something based on that. good luck!

Helen S.