5 HOURS AGO Don't get rid of your summer shorts yet! Style 'em into fall with these tricks: http://t.co/Xp7R765Nre

6 HOURS AGO A clean closet = a happy closet. A happy closet = tons of awesome outfits. Here's your plan: http://t.co/hwsRJ4DMlC

7 HOURS AGO Fashionable nails that – wait a minute—yep, have to do with school: http://t.co/OpeFgHDtgG

COMMENTS

6 easy ways to better your beauty sleep

Sometimes sleep can seem more like a reward for making it through a crazy day than an essential part of your…beauty routine? Listen up ladies, beauty sleep...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Help! I always get like 5-6 hours of sleep going to bed at 11:45-2:00 in the morning. Everyones focusing on how to fall asleep but I have no trouble with that!! I just can't go to bed!! I alway finish homework like 2 minutes before I go to bed. Thats the problem! I always go on youtube and the internet for like 3 hours then go to bed late because of homework. I've tried blocking the sites and everything but I always find a shotcut! Please help my addiction with interent and help me get 8 hours of sleep! I'm dying literally!!

Hey girl, if you don't need the internet to do your homework, awesome, just find a place where you don't have access to the internet.  Find a place in your house or the library away from any internet devices and get to work!  You can do it.  If you need internet to do your work, put yourself in a place where you don't want others to see you on Youtube (like the library).  Good luck!  If you're truly worried about your health, have a conversation with your parents and see if they can help you get back to a good sleep sched.

Karin E.

by holster63 on 3/5/2013 3:05:02 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
So I have never been able to sleep very well. I could lay in bed for two hours and most of the time, I will wake up perfectly. I take ADHD meds at 11:30 and sometimes forget so I take it later. I know that sometimes has something to do with it. But even when I get it on time, I can't sleep. I don't know what to do. Sometimes I fall asleep at midnight and wake up at 2 or something and can't fall back asleep. When I sleep really well, I wake up even more tired than before. I also tell my friends I am really tired and then they say that they have it worse when they always tell me that they sleep a whole lot. I don't know what to do anymore!!!!

Hey girlie, make sure that you're not drinking any caffeine after school. Caffeine stays in your system so that even coffee or soda with dinner can keep you from sleeping. You might also want to try working out in the mornings. It'll make you tired at night so you'll sleep better.

Lauren T.

by princesslily on 2/27/2013 7:10:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
This might make me sound a little weird but Im supposed to take these pills and its my first time taking pills ever and I'm kind of nervous. How do you swallow pills? Would it be bad if I crushed it then mixed it in water? If it would be what else can I do to make it go down smother?

Hey girl,

I think swallowing them would be better than crushing them...it can be a little scary to swallow pills at first, but you'll get the hang of it quickly! Try taking a huge sip of water or juice--you won't even notice the pill Smile

Meghan D.

by swifty#1 on 11/23/2012 9:42:18 PM

If I can't fall asleep, I like to picture the best scenario happening to me the next day at school and I usually just drift off!

by genieinabottle on 11/14/2012 6:23:16 PM

What is so wierd with me is if i do something for the whole night (like once i volunteered at a haunted trail) it will be all i dream about all night! Gah! Its so annoying!

by lilitzygurl:) on 11/9/2012 5:19:11 PM

I used to have the worst time falling asleep, but then I started to listen to clasical music on while I fell asleep or celtic, or even gregorian chanting. It really helps listening to Bach, Tchikovsky, and Paganini are the best to fall asleep to. Another thing is to stop thinking about all your problems, and picture yourself as a character in your favorite movie or tv show, it works really well.

by Hatter9898 on 11/8/2012 11:14:52 PM

For all the insomniacs:
Try to go to bed at least 1 hour before you want to fall asleep, and establish a bedtime ritual. Like now i wash my face, now i read a book because it tells your bodies that its time to sleep.

by camijam on 11/8/2012 9:32:30 PM

I just have a lot of problems getting to sleep. I either count to 100 in my head, starting over if I lose my place, or listen to this meditation app my mom got me that's intended to be used as an aid to get to sleep. I've also found that lullabies worked well when I was little, but now I prefer classical or instrumental Christmas music. I've tried a lot of tips similar to these, and they never worked for me. I don't know, maybe there's just something in my brain that makes me really weird this way.

by lol1029 on 11/8/2012 8:12:04 PM

I never take devices to bed with me or do homework right before bed either. But most nights I'm up, staring at my ceiling for hours, sometimes all the way till 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. Is there something wrong with me?

Hey Girl, a lot of people have trouble falling asleep. You can always talk to your doctor about it, but calm yourself down before going to bed: take a warm shower, watch t.v., read a book...

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Nerdbird34 on 11/6/2012 11:54:21 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I was just wondering, when i go to bed around 8:20PM every night and wake up a 5:45AM in the morning, would that be enough sleep for me? I'm 11 and my mom says that I need 11 to 13 hours of sleep every night. Do I really need that much?
Thanks!

Hey Chica, you may or may not need that much sleep. Adults need an average of 8 hours of sleep, but someone your age is still growing and needs a little more. Be carefull, though, toomuch sleep can make you drowsy all day.

Hannah H.