AN HOUR AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

2 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

3 HOURS AGO #DudesDecoded—What "going out" reallllly means: http://t.co/82lzQAmYHK

COMMENTS

Why do guys take forever to ask out a girl?

Why do guys take such a long time to ask a girl out? This guy has liked me for nearly a year but still hasn’t asked...

MODMODMOD
So I have liked this guy for nearly a year now and he knows
ad he has told people that he likes me too. So why wont he ask me out?? Should I just ask him out myself???

Hey shayshay(:, he's probably just nervous to make the first move. I think you should say something first. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by shayshay(: on 11/11/2012 11:04:35 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
I recently told a guy I liked him, but he never responded. We're pretty good friends and get along really well, I'm just confused because he told me that he didnt have anyone special right now. Guys dont usually show emotion, but he does with me most plenty of times. Should I bring it up with him? or should I let it go? We've talked since then, it's just awkward knowing that the subject of our feelings still lingers in the air.....

Hey aeroangel87, I wouldn't say anything unless he does. Maybe it surprised him that you had these feelings for him. In your conversations since you told him, what do you guys discuss? Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by aeroangel87 on 11/11/2012 1:12:32 AM

So, I have a MAJOR crush on this really shy guy! I can tell that he likes me back bc he always stares @ me in class, he messes w/ me in a flirty way, he always smiles around me, & other ppl think so too!
....BUT, the most times he makes ME start the convo first! He usually won't say anything, he'll only just look my direction if I don't say something first. I know he's shy but I wish he would make more of an effort to talk to me! Is it even worth liking a guy who will probably NEVER tell me how he feels??? I really care about him, but should I just keep waiting for him to do something???
(I've like him since 8th grade! And we're in 9th now)

Hey girl,

If he's being flirty, he might just be shy, because if he likes talking to you it sounds like he cares! If you want to talk about how you feel, you could always tell him you like him first! Check out these posts for more advice given to girls with similar questions about shy guys! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2007/07/19/girl-talk-shy-guy.aspx

Meghan D.

Meghan D.

by 1Dlovr0709 on 11/10/2012 9:58:47 PM

So,I like this really shy guy! Ik he likes me bc he always stares @ me in class,he messes with me in a flirty way & other ppl think so too ...BUT the majority of the time he makes ME start the convo, and won't even say a word to me unless I say something first! It's gets super annoying, and though he's shy I wish he would try a little harder to make an effort! Does he not even care??? Is is even worth liking a guy for sooo long, who won't ever tell me how he feels??? I've liked him since 8th grade & I still like him now(9th grade) Should I just give up??

Hey girl,

Meghan D. Meghan D.

by 1Dlovr0709 on 11/10/2012 9:47:24 PM

***********************************************************HEY! HEY YOU! YOU, ON THE COMPUTER!***********************************************************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!u need advice? what should u do to keep ur crush crushing on you? how to talk andlet him know u exist? not sure what to wear to the formal? how to deal with ur period and puberty? or basically about anything? join my club, club anything! get 2 it by clicking my username(its in purple) and clicking on the icon that says club anything! hope to see u there!

by puddinface7 on 11/10/2012 3:27:18 PM

MOD!so theres this guy tht was new, we rlly liked each other and after 4months we started dating. he decided that he wanted to keep our relationship a secret because he was too afraid of my bro to find out, cuz well my bro is this rlly popular, muscly scary guy(atleadt thats how every1 sees him)i didnt like keeping it a secret and i also didnt want my bf to get beaten up so i decided to break up with him for d best.he spent 4months begging me to give him another chance but i refused even tho i actly loved him.soon enufmy ex had already gotten a gf (a girl i hate just to make me jealous) and is best friends w/ my bro tht annoyed me. we both rlly liked each other but he inderctly made it clear tht nothing can happen between us cuz he wud b betraying my bro like dat.every1 knew we liked each other he broke up with that girl he was tryin to make me jealous with but then now hes dating ANOTHER girl.i dnw if hes tryin make me jel or he rly likes her but but either hes killin me.wat shud i do

hey! I think you should try to get over him because it sounds like he's either being really manipulative toward you or is over you, and either way you should try to get over him. Time heals all wounds so if you just try to move on with your life you'll find yourself thinking about him less and less. you can do it!

Helen S.

by zirror on 11/10/2012 3:04:53 PM

MOD! MOD!! MOD!!
There's this guy in my home school group that I sort of like, but I'm not sure if he likes me. Sometimes, I think he doesn't, like when he doesn't say hi to me. But then I think he does, like when I was in the hospital, he emailed me a couple of times and said that he really hopes I get better soon and everybody in our home school group has been missing me. Is he just a little shy around girls, or does he just not like me?

Hey! no one can really explain his behavior except for him, so just wait and watch and be his friend and see what happens. It can be frustrating, but there's just no way to know for sure without asking him.

Helen S.

by iloveballet&singing on 11/10/2012 1:08:14 PM

Meghan D.(my last comment cont.) he is like one of mi bgf. and i just am trying to keep our friendship cuz he is just one of the bestest friends ive ever had. if we do talk we just talk like normal bgf convo.

Hey girl,

There's nothing wrong with staying friends, as long as you recognize that you can't date someone with a girlfriend. But you should definitely hold onto your friendship!

Meghan D.

by k2d2a on 11/9/2012 11:51:36 PM

so i have a major crush on this guy and my bff made fun of it cuz he kinda dorky (i love dorks(Smile and i was humiliated and i was embarresed. and over the summer me and him txted alot and well somethings happened so i didnt talk to him for a couple days and right then my bff swooped in and took him cuz she thought i hated him. so then they talked alot and i really missed him (i cried) and then i was gonna tell her i really liked him still (it took me a while because i was afraid she would make fun of it) but right before she told me they were dating.FrownFrownFrownFrown it was horrible... i cry alot cuz if i txt him she gets mad and she blames this mess on me and doesnt care. she says i ruined everything. she tells me about how they make out and all and i get really jealous and cry. Ireally miss him but i dont know what to say anymore. plz help im dying inside. FrownFrownFrown

Hey girl,

I'm sorry you're feeling sad. If he is dating someone, though, you can't go for him, especially if his girlfriend is your bff--you don't want to hurt her feelings, do you? She's not telling you those things to make you feel sad, she's telling you because you're her best friend and she's happy in her relationship. So if you're texting her boyfriend that you like him, it's natural for her to be upset! It's hard to see your crush dating someone else, but do your best to be happy for your friend--it will mean the world to her to have your support. And keep your mind open to the possibility of dating other guys--I'm sure there are plenty of available cuties at your school!

Meghan D.

by k2d2a on 11/9/2012 11:40:32 PM

i need advice. how can i chat?

Hey girl,

We have mods here to give you all the advice you need Smile Just post your questions and we will get back to you!

Meghan D.