3 HOURS AGO Can we get a "yas" for this surfing pig? http://t.co/NKdXo1fHEB

6 HOURS AGO Listening to @BeaMiller #youngblood and wishing it was live like yesterday! #glfashbash

6 HOURS AGO Stripes, polka dots, or floral?! Find your perf print match here: http://t.co/lM41ZdRSJ6

COMMENTS

9-year-old girl beats the boys in tackle football

Spunky 9-year-old Sam Gordon is an avid athlete. Her dad started her off playing soccer, and when her teammates and cousins would play dirty in when they...

Totes yes. She is awesome. if they allowed it, i bet she would be an awesome NFL player someday.

by cheer1 on 11/16/2012 8:29:09 PM

Absolutely! There are plenty of co-ed teams and girls football doesn't exist that i've seen. And about the injuries? Soccer has no padding and there are more injuries in soccer than football, and there are girls soccer teams allowed. More power to her!

by cahbead21 on 11/15/2012 8:23:31 PM

While I think it's great she's playing, I think in the long run, it's not going to work out. In 3-6 years, she'll be 5' 5" and weigh in at 120 pounds--*potentially*. Those boys will be a foot taller and anywhere from 100-200 pounds heavier. (I know they mentioned her playing against guys twice her size--I saw that) But anyway: What are they supposed to tell opposing players when they tackle her?
Equality is a good thing in theory, and I'm all for equal oppurtinity, but it doesn't always work out in practice. Don't freak out on me, but it's worth thinking about.

by TheaterChik on 11/15/2012 7:19:21 PM

Let her play!!!!! Football is NOT about size. You have to know how to play, not just be tall and muscular. It's should never be about physical ability. It's mental ability that matters. To be able to know what to do with the ball. That's what really matters.

by sarahlovesbasketball17 on 11/15/2012 5:53:53 PM

hey i played football then i got you know more mature body wise and im not that big (ALMOST 13 AND 60LBS) so my parents said no more. NOW LETS PLAY BALL. where is this girl!!!

by watsmyuser on 11/13/2012 7:21:25 PM

Aw, c'mon and let her play. If she keeps up with her grades she could have a scholarship for a good college, and SHE IS SO FREAKIN' AWESOME.

by luvin1D on 11/10/2012 5:37:10 PM

She should totally go for it.

by karenbug88 on 11/10/2012 3:48:17 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!!
1. I have a huge pimple on my cheek. Its really visible, so i cant hide it in any way. I have been washing my face twice a day. Its making me really selfconcious!!!! How do I get rid of it???
2. Im freaking about about tampons!! I've tried using one before and i couldnt get it in. I know summer is almost a year away but im still freaked. Any advice??
P.s. my mod havent gone through for months!
xoxo!

Hey! 1) Just keep washing your face and don't touch your face. Eventually the pimple will go away. 2) With practice you'll get it, just keep trying and be sure to follow the directions. good luck!

Helen S.

by PandaLover0330 on 11/10/2012 3:47:50 PM

i get that its a girl magazine and all, but why did you have to highlight the fact that she's a girl? Expecially if ur trying to say how everyone is equal. you could just say amazing nine year old foot ball player outruns everyone

by lotsaluv101 on 11/10/2012 3:38:24 PM

I'm still waiting for me October- November magazine! Did it get lost in the mail?

by pretty123 on 11/10/2012 2:06:12 PM