AN HOUR AGO Betcha never thought of putting *this* on your pie: http://t.co/mX5kbgrBdx

13 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

17 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

COMMENTS

9-year-old girl beats the boys in tackle football

Spunky 9-year-old Sam Gordon is an avid athlete. Her dad started her off playing soccer, and when her teammates and cousins would play dirty in when they...

Boys always say they're better at sports than girls.So not true!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sam is a great example!!!!I think if Sam wants to do it she should!!!Son't all you chickas out their hate when boys say they're better than girls?It makes me want to puke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by pinterest on 2/26/2013 12:16:25 PM

Go Sam! We share the same name! Smile I think girls should be allowed to play "boys" sports even though I'm not athletic and hate playing football in gym! xD but gym is gym so I'm not gonna like anything we do... oh well. You kick butt, Sam!

by unicornninja on 1/9/2013 9:28:20 PM

Thats good that she plays!!!

by MountainLover456 on 12/4/2012 4:27:19 PM

I am a girl who also plays football, I have played for 9 years! I'm in highschool now and still playing! I think it is amazing for girls to play! It show's how girls are just as good as boys. More girls should play football, I think it is awesome to beat up on the boys!

by hfitch1998 on 12/2/2012 11:08:28 PM

i say she should definitely be allowed to play! i'm in grade 10, and play boys football in my high school. i'm not a kicker like most girls who play football, im a cornerback (i cover the wide receiver). if she wants to play, good for her! more girls should get into football, its an amazing sport

by dancergirl73 on 11/25/2012 6:54:58 PM

Because I play ice hockey, it makes me extremely happy when i see a girl playing a sport that most people consider to be a "boys sport". If Sam wants to play football, then let her play football!

by crayongirl on 11/23/2012 1:52:57 PM

YES!!! I think its amazing that a girl is playing football. You go girl!

by cassieannie13 on 11/22/2012 7:57:35 PM

YES! She doesn't realize this now but she's opening doors for girls and women in the future. Plus that little saying, "Girls can do everything guys can do and do it in heels" is so true. You go girl. Rock the football world.

by ContestLover1 on 11/21/2012 9:07:21 AM

Yes..... of corse she should be aloud to play. It's sexist to say that girls aren't aloud to play certain sports.

by wildcat44 on 11/18/2012 10:35:25 PM

YES. This is her dream and her rights. If she's good, then LET HER PLAY. If it's her dream, she can show up the stereotypes and have a good time. Us girls can be more surprising than people would think we are.

by livestylehorses12 on 11/16/2012 8:49:49 PM

Totes yes. She is awesome. if they allowed it, i bet she would be an awesome NFL player someday.

by cheer1 on 11/16/2012 8:29:09 PM

Absolutely! There are plenty of co-ed teams and girls football doesn't exist that i've seen. And about the injuries? Soccer has no padding and there are more injuries in soccer than football, and there are girls soccer teams allowed. More power to her!

by cahbead21 on 11/15/2012 8:23:31 PM

While I think it's great she's playing, I think in the long run, it's not going to work out. In 3-6 years, she'll be 5' 5" and weigh in at 120 pounds--*potentially*. Those boys will be a foot taller and anywhere from 100-200 pounds heavier. (I know they mentioned her playing against guys twice her size--I saw that) But anyway: What are they supposed to tell opposing players when they tackle her?
Equality is a good thing in theory, and I'm all for equal oppurtinity, but it doesn't always work out in practice. Don't freak out on me, but it's worth thinking about.

by TheaterChik on 11/15/2012 7:19:21 PM

Let her play!!!!! Football is NOT about size. You have to know how to play, not just be tall and muscular. It's should never be about physical ability. It's mental ability that matters. To be able to know what to do with the ball. That's what really matters.

by sarahlovesbasketball17 on 11/15/2012 5:53:53 PM

hey i played football then i got you know more mature body wise and im not that big (ALMOST 13 AND 60LBS) so my parents said no more. NOW LETS PLAY BALL. where is this girl!!!

by watsmyuser on 11/13/2012 7:21:25 PM

Aw, c'mon and let her play. If she keeps up with her grades she could have a scholarship for a good college, and SHE IS SO FREAKIN' AWESOME.

by luvin1D on 11/10/2012 5:37:10 PM

She should totally go for it.

by karenbug88 on 11/10/2012 3:48:17 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!!
1. I have a huge pimple on my cheek. Its really visible, so i cant hide it in any way. I have been washing my face twice a day. Its making me really selfconcious!!!! How do I get rid of it???
2. Im freaking about about tampons!! I've tried using one before and i couldnt get it in. I know summer is almost a year away but im still freaked. Any advice??
P.s. my mod havent gone through for months!
xoxo!

Hey! 1) Just keep washing your face and don't touch your face. Eventually the pimple will go away. 2) With practice you'll get it, just keep trying and be sure to follow the directions. good luck!

Helen S.

by PandaLover0330 on 11/10/2012 3:47:50 PM

i get that its a girl magazine and all, but why did you have to highlight the fact that she's a girl? Expecially if ur trying to say how everyone is equal. you could just say amazing nine year old foot ball player outruns everyone

by lotsaluv101 on 11/10/2012 3:38:24 PM

I'm still waiting for me October- November magazine! Did it get lost in the mail?

by pretty123 on 11/10/2012 2:06:12 PM

LET HER PLAY!!! its awesome to see a girl kicking butt at a what most people call an 'all guys game' GIRLS CAN PLAY JUST AS GOOD AS GUYS!!! you go sam! NEVER GIVE UP!!!!

by lilja on 11/10/2012 1:42:20 PM

I've always loved playing football you go girl!

by keyesalex on 11/10/2012 11:16:45 AM

oh course!! she's rocking it and beating those boys' butts!!

by soccerholic on 11/10/2012 10:09:18 AM

Mind strength is what matters. Not being muscular or tall. I SAY LET SAM PLAY!!

by sarahlovesbasketball17 on 11/9/2012 11:48:05 PM

NEED ADVICE FAST? Check out my advice queen page and become a fan! I'm on everyday, so it would mean a lot! Thanks! http://www.girlslife.com/AdviceQueen.aspx?id=10905

by myfatsquirrel on 11/9/2012 11:29:47 PM

That is so cool! girl power!

by londonlaura123 on 11/9/2012 10:31:51 PM

Girls should be allowed to play football. Boys can't always show off like they do in football. Go Sam!!!

by wesdelwarrior on 11/9/2012 9:12:59 PM

That's so me!

by jazzyrae on 11/9/2012 9:05:06 PM

I watched her play on CNN Student News in history! We were all laughing so hard because shes so fast and small! lol

by averya on 11/9/2012 7:23:51 PM

She should definitively be allowed to play.

by dancemagic320 on 11/9/2012 7:16:45 PM

I've always wanted to play football, to show that girls can do EVERYTHING and be the best at EVERYTHING. you just keep doin what youre doin Laughing

by Liv_Laugh_Luv_Smile on 11/9/2012 5:39:34 PM

sam should totally play with the guys.she is amazing just google her and you will find nothing but good things about her.i wanted to play football and ice hockey but my mother wouldnt let me.if i was her i would fight for the chance to play with the guys!!!!

by bking62 on 11/9/2012 5:35:30 PM

this girl is amazing, she deserves to play. it doesn't matter your gender, weight, or how tall you are.

by sammyy99 on 11/9/2012 5:28:41 PM

She should be able to play! I used to play football in the sixth grade, and it's safe to say I was better than a lot of them (none-narcissistic). Any girl who wants to play football should be able to. There's nothing wrong with it. She's one of the best on the team, therefore there shouldn't be any problem. Basing it on gender isn't right.

by Violeta2552 on 11/9/2012 4:39:04 PM

YES YOU GO GIRL!! SHE SHOULD BE ALOWED TO DO WHAT YOU LOVE!

by serenitybaum on 11/9/2012 3:47:27 PM

She should definitely be able to play!! My cousin plays football and is also 9. On his team there is a girl who is good, like Sam is. And if they are saying Sam is the best, then that means being a different weight isn't making a difference. I used to be the only girl on a boys ice hockey team, I was one of the better players- girls should be allowed to play boy sports with boys, and boys should be able to play girl sports with girls.

by bruins9191 on 11/9/2012 3:23:31 PM

Oh my gosh thats amazing!!!! Especially for.football being such a physical and contact sport. You have got to be tough! My brother has played for eleven years and now it is over! It makes me so upset. Especially because I used to care less about football! I don't know why but I started watching his Junior year and just fell in love with it! I make Facebook statuses about every game before and after! I met our Quarterback who says he loves my statuses and since.he is a Junior and will still get to play for another year he was like maybe you could come back next year for me. He was the sweetest thing ever! Even though I love Football as much as I do I only care about my schools football team. I don't care about any other !professional teams!

by 15hayhay on 11/9/2012 1:51:05 PM

Yeah she should play. Lol I remember being her age doing the same thing, I use to play with my brothers (I have five!) so its nothing too surprising to me. Of course I don't play now. xD I grew out of it slowly.

by Chloe<3 on 11/9/2012 12:08:58 PM

What's wrong with the video it says it's been "removed by the user".

But I think she should SO BE ALLOWED TO PLAY, SHOW THE GUYS WHAT YOU GOT! RIGHT?

by cellphone1847 on 11/9/2012 8:02:28 AM

Why is the video removed?

by YouCanCallMeCat on 11/9/2012 7:47:49 AM

I think if what people are worried about is that the boys weigh more than her, then they shouldn't be worried because her coach says she can take a tackle, and that is where weight comes into play the most, and besides, being lighter means you are faster than the heavier boys. Sam should be allowed to play with the boys.

by otter77 on 11/9/2012 7:13:54 AM

Yes she should play against the boys.Girl's are as good as boys, so let's show them what were made of.I have all boy cousins on my dads side and we all like to play basketball and there pretty rough (you get use to it after a while).

by emmacd on 11/9/2012 1:43:17 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!! I want to lose weight and keep it off. I am 13. I weight 109 pounds and I'm 5'1. I eat healthily as possible and only eat sweets in small portions like 3 times a week. This is my schedule:
Sunday- Morning run with mom. 2 Blogilates arms. Medium intensity.
Monday- 10 mins run 5.5. 1 long Blogilates abs . Low intensity.
Tuesday-45 mins run. Speed 6.5-7.5. High intensity.
Wednesday- 15 mins run 6.0. 2 Blogilates legs. Medium intensity.
Thursday- 10 mins run 5.5. 1 long Blogilates(anything). Low intensity.
Friday- 45 mins run. Speed 6.5-7.5. High intensity.
Saturday- Morning run with mom. 2 Blogilates (anything). Medium intensity.
Is this enough to lose weight?
Thanks!

Hey torie55, sounds good to me. Just stay motivated and determined. Believe, truly believe you can loose the weight and you will. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by torrie55 on 11/9/2012 12:35:06 AM

GO GIRLS!! Totally, play with the boys. Show the guys what we got! Amazing player, Sam!!!

by eak on 11/9/2012 12:25:14 AM

Okay, YOU GO GIRL! Yes she should play with the boys. This girl is totally amazing!!!!!!

by lilyyum on 11/9/2012 12:05:18 AM