3 HOURS AGO From patient princess to spoiled brat, how demanding are you? Take the #quiz and see: http://t.co/esCqSBDnyT

4 HOURS AGO "My girls say he's a cheater...should I believe them?" http://t.co/rnIcn2ddgJ

5 HOURS AGO #tbt to that time we had an ice cream + gossip sesh with @rydelR5 // #r5family #r5 pic.twitter.com/KXTAl9aBVa

COMMENTS

Is this brown stuff in my undies my period?

I think I just got my period. There’s a lot of brown stuff in my underwear (and I know it’s not poop ‘cause, well, I’d know). There’s...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok so today I found this light brown stuff (there was a lot) in my undies (it's not poop) and I'm 11 going to 6th grade and I'm like 5"2" and I've been having some signs of first period and like once I had a cramp so bad I couldn't go to sleep I'm just so worried that I'm going to have it unexcpectedly (oh and if this matters, my mom was 11 or 12 when she had it) so ya srry this is long
Thanks Smile

Hey GL girl! Chances are, you probably will be getting your period soon. Be prepared (have an emergency pad or tampon in your bag or backpack with you always) for your period. It's okay to be worried, though- tons of girls are going through what you're going through now.

ElizabethGwenn

by Brookiecookie234 on 7/24/2013 2:29:11 AM

Okay so I haven't gotten my period yet but since December (its now June) , I've had this brownish-clear stuff in my undies. It happens every day! I've been using pantie liners to keep it clean, but I'm getting really tired of it and just want my period to happen! Is this normal, and when will I get my period? Help!

by disblonde on 6/30/2013 6:43:18 PM

So uh...i just wanna ask but i'm suppose to get my period this week (every 3rd week of the month) And like all i'm seeing are brown stuff on my underwear. I've been searching and they all say its a discharge. But i'm not getting any cramps or signs that my period is coming. Is this normal? I'm scared to ask an adult like my mom...and only my stomach been hurting.

Hey girlie,

That might be discharge or it might be your period, and it's normal for your period to be irregular at first. I would talk to your mom if you're still concerned and if your stomach is hurting, though, because she will be able to help you out!

Meghan D.

by Monkey1110 on 6/20/2013 11:06:24 PM

I got brown stuff on my underwear like 2 weeks ago but still no period...is that normal? And I've also gotten a lot of the signs too. Mostly head aches and cravings for chocolate but I have been forcing myself to eat fruits so I could stay healthy.

First of all, props to you for eating healthy! As for the brown stuff, that may have simply been breakthrough bleeding, or spotting- it can happen at any time during your cycle. Staying hydrated will also help your headaches- try to drink 6 or more cups of water a day!

Caroline C.

by Julie-loves-music on 6/18/2013 1:27:21 PM

I am 12 years old turning 13 on December and I had all the signs of periods and I have been on puberty for about 2 years. Yesterday I got brown stuff on my under wear like 2 times (it was my favorite white under wear and now it's ruined) does this mean I am close to my period? I don't want to get it! And now that it's summer me and my family travel a lot and there is a lot of boys in my family especially my age and I don't want to get embarrassed :-( so does this mean I am close to my period? Please help

Hey girl!

You're prob close to your period. Let your mom know what's going on so she can get you some panty liners, pads and tampons from the store (that way you're set just in case). Then keep a small supply with you in your purse or beach bag wherever you go. And you can wear a panty liner even when you don't have your period to keep your other fave underwear clean. The boys in your family won't have to know a thing!

xo
Jess D.

by Julie-loves-music on 6/10/2013 1:43:55 PM

i'm 14 and just got my period last month, and got it again on time this month. last month i used only pads but it was wayyy too much of a hassle (i have to wear spandex for volleyball plus i can't swim!). i have tried 6 times to put in a tampon but it doesn't go in all the way (sorry kinda gross). i've looked up tips but nothing is working! helpp Frown

Hey theresaaSmile, what did the tips you researched suggest? Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by theresaa on 4/14/2013 5:28:28 PM

I have gotten a slightly regular period that started in October, and I got it October, November, December, and January, varying by a couple days, but I'd always get it. I have not gotten my period in February or March... Should I be worried? I know that periods are irregular the first year or so, but I just want to check that my period completely skipping is OK. Thanks!

Hey girlie,

You're right that being irregular is normal, but there's no harm in talking to a doc to be safe! Smile

Meghan D.

by LuciaGrace123 on 4/13/2013 10:31:27 PM

OH NO, i have the same thing but haven't gotten my period yet! :-{

by nirvanaluvr1222 on 3/27/2013 11:02:13 PM

To answer you question lynae, I had my period this November and December.

by $lover on 3/27/2013 5:40:15 PM

I have a question. I already had my period this month but for some reason I have it again. Is this normal? Am I having an irregular period? Do I have a problem? Please help!!!!

Hey $lover, mhmm. Is this your first or second year having your period? Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.