12 HOURS AGO Do you think smoking is a big deal? http://t.co/wRmpH82b03

15 HOURS AGO 5 ways to remix your salad routine: http://t.co/ritxTtorOn

16 HOURS AGO 5 furry friends you need to follow on Instagram ASAP: http://t.co/PVxAb5RkaE

COMMENTS

Is this brown stuff in my undies my period?

I think I just got my period. There’s a lot of brown stuff in my underwear (and I know it’s not poop ‘cause, well, I’d know). There’s...

I've been on my period for 2 weeks and going! This is only my second period and I'm very worried. Do you know what's happening?

Hey girlie, it's probably nothing to be worried about. Abnormal periods are typical during your first few cycles. If it doesn't stop or your future periods continue to last that long then you might want to see a doctor.

Lauren T.

by smyal on 3/24/2013 5:14:47 PM

MOD
Hi, I got this brown discharge about 7-8 months ago. But only once. I don't get it? I mean, I know you said a few months, but 7 sounds like a lot. I've also had normal discharge for 17 months, if that matters. Thanks!

Hey girl, everyone's bod is different and timings for periods/discharge vary a lot.  If you're still worried, talk to your Mom or consult a physician (like a nurse).  Good luck!

Karin E.

by Scarlet Ann on 3/18/2013 1:56:06 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
There's white stuff on my underwear, what's that mean?

Hey girlie,

That sounds like discharge, which is normal Smile

Meghan D.

by Megan1220 on 3/16/2013 11:16:00 PM

Do you have to get brown discharge before you get your period, or can it be white because i got all the symptoms just not the brown stuff, answer ASAP plz thanks.

Hey girlie, it doesn't have to be brown before your period. Just be prepared for whenever your period comes.

Lauren T.

by hottie1250 on 3/11/2013 6:44:14 PM

I had discharge for a long time, and it stopped suddenly about a month ago. I still don't have my period but I don't really care I just wondered if the sudden stop in the "discharge" meant anything? Or if this just happens sometimes?

by boogie99 on 3/7/2013 9:35:20 PM

i get this alot so does that mean that im getting it soon?

by hockeygirlie44 on 3/7/2013 8:33:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD Hey thanks for answering my questions here's another one I have a lot of brown discharge lately and you said that it means my period is in the way well I read an article thisorning and it said that brown discharge means your pregnant? Is that true? Please help and answer!!

Hey girlie! While it is common for women who are pregnant to get a brown discharge, it's not linked solely to pregnancy. It's totally normal to get it - in fact, it happens fairly regularly - without being pregnant at all.
Florence N.

by $lover on 3/6/2013 9:07:17 AM

Ok quick question. Do you have discharge the day before your period? Or can you have discharge on your period?

by $lover on 3/4/2013 3:26:11 PM

I got my first period in November and then again on December. I have his brown stuff in my undies today. Does his mean I will have my period sometime this month?

Hey girl, yes, it probs means you'll be getting your period again soon.  Check out this post about brown discharge.

Karin E.

by $lover on 3/4/2013 7:08:25 AM

Mod Mod Mod
I have a quick question. Is wearing a pad that's more absorbent than you need it to be, bad? As in, if my period's light, is it fine to be wearing a regular absorbency pad? And are tampons the same? Thanks, I got my period at the beginning of February so I'm still new to it (I got it again today). Thanks!

Hey cookiemonstagh123, yeah that's fine. Better safe than sorry right? Tampons work well too, so give them a try. It really comes down to preference. I prefer pads, but some of my girlfriends only use tampons. See what works for you! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.