AN HOUR AGO 7 celeb-inspired ways to cure summer boredom: http://t.co/PvDFmaO4oD

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 snag @JFClothing's tight new tee: http://t.co/VrmynrJwjF

3 HOURS AGO 20 major fashion fails: http://t.co/T7nMCBwQDd

COMMENTS

Is this brown stuff in my undies my period?

I think I just got my period. There’s a lot of brown stuff in my underwear (and I know it’s not poop ‘cause, well, I’d know). There’s...

Mod mod mod mod
I have not had my period yet but I get this light brown stuff on my undies. What is it my period or something else.

Hey Girl, that's probably discharge and is totally normal. It can be a sign your period is coming, but it isn't always 100% correct, it depends on your body

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by winkpc101 on 2/21/2013 3:31:17 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
For a few or more months i've been getting little stains in my underwear that are clear and yellowish, or funny colors. I have all the symptoms like stomach cramps, mood swings and tiredness, and lately my hair has been getting really greasy and i asked my mom and she said its probably just my body. I'm really confused if I'm going to get my first period soon.. Please Help!

Hey girl, it's likely that you'll get your period soon.  Our bods go through lots of changes during puberty.  Check out this article: "First Period Prep."

Karin E.

by JussMe Michelle on 2/18/2013 3:07:39 PM

MOD! MOD! could you please hide my comment?
Okay, so at the beginning of January, I had the same issue as the girl in the article here, except there was only a tiny little brown stuff, and I know it wasn't poop because I just knew! I changed my undies and the brown spot was still there, and my 'period' lasted three days overall. I'd had discharge for about a year, puberty for about two years, but the spot seemed a lot smaller than all of the websites I've been to have said, so was it leading up to my real period or some kind of false alarm?

Hey girlie, I think the advice in the article is probably true for you too. It's not very much because it's just brown discharge. So wear panty liners and have pads at home to be ready for when your period does come for real.

Lauren T.

by emonade on 2/17/2013 8:17:56 PM

MOD! MOD!

Hey girlie,

I think that was definitely your period, especially if your mom agrees!

Meghan D.

by ashbabe567765 on 2/16/2013 12:28:24 AM

Mod mod mod
Why is my period brown and how do I know when to put on a pad since I just started havin it a week ago

Hey! I'm not sure, but it is common for your period to appear brown or rust colored. You should ask a doctor about specifically why that is, since I'm not sure. Put on a pad as soon as it starts (carry around spares in case it starts when you're at school. if you don't have a pad on you when it starts, you can fold up some toilet paper to make a temporary one until you get home)

Helen S.

by winkpc101 on 2/2/2013 2:46:31 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod

hey! It sounds like you got your period. You should start wearing pads or tampons every day until it goes away (5-8 days on average) mark your calendar for this time next month and be expecting it again around then. Don't worry if your experience doesn't match this exactly. Everyone is different and periods can be irregular especially for the first year. good luck!

Helen S.

by winkpc101 on 2/2/2013 1:28:57 PM

Ok so during the middle of the night I had a cramp that hurt alot then when it was over I fell back asleep. When I woke up to go to the bathroom I saw brown stuff . It happened the next nite to. Is it my period. I have most of the syptoms . I have this white stuff in my underwear almost everyday for a year. I dont wear pads,tampons, or pantliners . Im. Alrady 13 I it my period ot something else pls help. If it is my period what shld I do nxt.

by winkpc101 on 2/2/2013 12:50:58 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
I think Im getting my period and theres a lot of brownish reddish stuff on my underwear.I put a pantyliner on and my mom said it was my period I don't have any pads or tamopns and Im afriad to ask her for some. What to do?

Hey! don't be scared girl! Your mom knows you have it so you might as well be up front about it. Trust me, she understands Smile good luck!

Helen S.

by kyky123 on 1/12/2013 3:23:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Okay so in november i turned 15 and i was really upset because i have been discharging and have pubic hair in all the places but still didnt have my period. I also have most of the symptoms like moodswings and breast tenderness and lower back pain. However last friday i went to the bathroom and there was brown stuff all over my underwear and so i put a panty liner on. Then they next morning there was alot more of it. Its monday now and my mom says its my period but im not sure because its not red or anything but its still coming out an i have to change pads every 2-4 hours. I dont know if its my period or not...HELPPP

Hey girl,

That sounds like it is your period, especially if your mom has seen it and says that it is! When blood is less fresh it can turn brown, so just make sure you're changing your pad regularly.

Meghan D.

by Goldilocks2 on 1/7/2013 8:16:41 PM

MD!MOD!MOD!MOD!
sometimes i have a couple light brownish yellowish dot in my undies.what is it??
thanks

Hey girl,

It could be discharge, or your period. Just keep track! xoxo

Alexis G.