14 HOURS AGO #GLQuiz Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/4LTyVqDpZO

15 HOURS AGO What to expect transitioning from home schooling to public school: http://t.co/VexOwlx570

16 HOURS AGO Exactly what to put in your BTS makeup bag! http://t.co/N6wTjqrhwe

COMMENTS

Smooching secrets from real guys

So he’s leaning in, and his lips are hovering mere inches from yours… what do you do? Because, let’s be honest: we want our guys to enjoy...

Mod
I have a crush on this guy and I've liked him for two years. I'm going into eighth grade and it will be three years this summer. We've known each other sice kindergarten and I think he may like me as well. The problem is is that I don't see him for months on end. Example 6-7 months. I want to get his phone number but I don't know how. I've tried asking my friends and my mom but they all told me the same thing. Act natural. I don't want him thinking that I like him if I got his number. I mean I get other guys's number but those are for different reasons. Can you gie me some advice? Thx.
Ryan.

Hey! the next time you see him and are talking, start telling him something before you have to go. When you have to go, just be like hey, I'll text you the rest. can i have your number? see if that works Smile

Helen S.

by Ryry1214 on 6/1/2013 2:49:50 PM

MOD
Well a few months ago my crush "Liam", his best friend "Adam" told my best friend "Lily" tat Liam liked Lily. Some other friends seemed to think so and I was sad because I thought he liked me. In the only class I share with Liam, I sit by Lily and Liam is always staring at one of us,can't tell which. He asks Lily for help sometimes but she sits closer to him. The other day Lily was looking at my yearbook and he said "I'm signing this. Whoever's it is." So I said, "i's mine." He signed his name and then wrote "Have a great summer. Hope we have a class next year. Smile" in Lily's yearbook he wrote his name is cool graffitti style lettersbur in all my other friend he wrote it in plain letters with no message. Well today I was standing in a group talking with Lily, Liam and another kid. And Liam seemed to be paying more attnetion to me than Lily and noticed my lightning bolt necklace. We're all freshman. Could he like me and Lily? That's what I think is maybe happening.

Hey girlie,

It's hard to tell who he likes just from your class conversations and yearbook signings, because he probably didn't mean anything by any of it! You're right that he may not have one crush and might have feelings for both of you, or maybe he just likes spending time with both of you and isn't thinking of it in a romantic way. Does your friend like him too? If she does, I would talk to her before you do anything, because it's not worth risking your friendship with her for a chance at a guy whom you don't know how he feels. If she doesn't and is ok with you getting to know him more, maybe you could invite him to hang out with you one on one or to study together and see how he responds.

Meghan D.

by teampeetapercy on 5/24/2013 11:58:45 PM

MODMODMOD
I REAAALLLLYYY like this guy but today after school, I was saying bye to my guy friend, who happens to be my crushs friend too, and after my friend left he called me *swearword* weird and seemed so mad and serious. It ruined the rest of my day, which already wasn't going well. I didn't know how to react so I just left with my friends without saying anything. He jokes around and says stuff like that but in a joking way. Hes never EVER talked to me like that before. If he does talk like that again, what should I do? I don't even know what to say or how to react to that. Frown thanks a bunch!

Hey girlie,

That's a really mean thing to say that's totally uncalled for, because you didn't do anything wrong! Is that really the kind of guy you want to spend your time with? Even if you two were dating, you should be allowed to talk to your other guy friends without him getting worried. The next time you see him, tell him that you didn't appreciate him saying that and that you like spending time with him but that you don't want to be around him if he's going to say those things to you. Hopefully that will make him stop, and if not, you are better off without him, because you deserve a guy who respects you 100%!

Meghan D.

by pokemon_girl11 on 5/24/2013 11:28:42 PM

MOD!!!
There is a guy who rides my bus that I kind of like. He's older than me, so I only see him on the bus. He looks at me a lot and tells me random things (ex: You know, I was skateboarding outside of your house) and asks me questions no one but my friends would know (Ex: Don't you have a pool in your backyard?). How can I grab his attention without being annoying? He has a personality like mine; easily annoyed, kind of sarcastic, and intelligent. Help me please......

Hey girlie,

If he was skateboarding by your house, he might have seen the pool then! Since he's initiating small conversations with you, if you want to continue them you could continue the conversation by asking about his classes, what he likes to do after school, or what TV shows or music he likes. Once you build a relationship as friends, it will be easier to talk about other stuff! If he's already talking to you and you have similar personalities, it sounds like you will get along really well Smile

Meghan D.

by aloha_morgan on 5/24/2013 10:10:19 PM

MODMODMOD
I really like this guy in my algebra class. I know for a fact he'll be here next year, but I really want to go out with him (before school ends). The problem is, he's super popular and I'm pretty nerdy (I like to think of it as nerd-chic, but it's practically a boy repellent). I don't know how on earth to ask him out or even talk to him outside of class! Please help!

Hey SILly0905, the next time you're in class ask to borrow a pencil and keep the convo going. You could try something like this:

*tap him on shoulder* "Do you have a pencil I could borrow?

He'll get you the pencil or paper.

"Thanks this class has been stressing me out. Did you do good on that last quiz?"

Something like that will keep him interested in talking to you. If you can't talk in class, resume the convo once it's over. Run up to him and thank him again for letting you borrow it. This is another opportunity for you to talk. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by SILly0905 on 5/24/2013 5:17:13 PM

Modmodmod
so I'm 14 and I'm going into 9th grade next year and there's this guy I reaaaallly like. He likes me too and we've hung out a couple times, but my parents don't know yet. He hasn't asked me out, but I think hes going to soon. My parents haven't set any dating rules, but I'm kind of scared. Should I tell them? What should I say?

Hey girlie! Good for you! I would just be super polite and be like, "Hey, I know we haven't really discussed this yet, but there's this guy I like and I think he might ask me out. Is that okay with you?" and then have the discussion and hope for the best! Good luck! xx

Hannah M

by summergirl21 on 5/24/2013 10:24:37 AM

modd
well im having a movie night in a few days and my boyfriend is going to be there my bestii told me that he plans to kiss me then.. this will be my 1st kiss.. im completly terrified but in a good way.. any advice?

Hey girlie, my best advice is to just relax! Kissing is a natural thing so just go with your gut.

Lauren T.

by smileyy1001 on 1/2/2013 8:43:04 PM

LOLGirl, I think he likes you. Guys dont text just to text, so if he is doing that it probably means he likes you or wants to get to know you.

by fashionqn on 11/14/2012 5:37:23 PM

Theres this boy whos kinda cute and he just recently got my number and texts me a lot. I'm not annoyed or anything, he's actually kinda sweet. Do you think he likes me?

by LOLGirl109 on 11/13/2012 7:34:12 PM

they missed the "y" on the first they

by bloop116 on 11/12/2012 2:13:33 AM

mod
there is this boy in my class that i sit across from who kicks me taps his pencil and is an overall jerk. when i ask him to stop doing something he says make me i have gone to my teacher and said this and he got yelled at. the second time my teacher moved me to a different science partner because he does this mostly during science. when he says make me how do i respond and sometimes he ruins it for everyone in the class not just me because when we have subs he is crazy and we cant get a special treat because of him. like i said how do i respond when he says make me?
thanks for answering

Hey gumball5678, this guy is annoying. The next time he says make me, (even if you're afraid) stand up, get in his face and while looking him directly in the eye say "Don't make me have to ask you again. Stop kicking my chair." When you say this speak slowly and deeply, so he knows you're serious. He may kick your chair or say make me again, so you need to show him you're serious. Violence is never the answer, but you sometimes have to get physical for people to know you mean business. Do something small like knock his book off his desk or snatch his pencil out his hand. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by gumball5678 on 11/11/2012 9:28:21 PM

Mod mod mod modIm in a group of 5 girls (including me). We act sort of crazy sometimes and we are fine about it. It seems like other people seem to think of it as being gay. I hav been told by friends in other groups that people hav been saying this but took no notice. The other day we went camping for two nights as a year level. When we were putting up the tent my 2 friends from this group overheard a girl saying that she did not want her tent set up near ours because we are lesbian. We found this quite offensive because we hav given her no reason to think this and we are straight. What should we do seeing that she isnt the first person to make comments like that??? It is starting to get really annoying.

Hey girl,

I'm so sorry that girl is teasing you! What she's doing is really pretty silly, and you shouldn't let it get to you! Don't let her words get to you and just ignore her instead of fighting back. As long as you and your friends are happy, that's all that matters, so don't let her get you down!

Meghan D.

by enriquette96 on 11/11/2012 12:15:34 AM

****************MOD MOD MOD****************
I had a personal pic of my family as my profile pic, and i couldnt get it off so i reported it so the mod team could get it off. but 3 hours later, they r still modding it! and i cant get 2 my clubs or advice queen page! pls help and speed up this project and get that pic off my profile u get to it by clicking on me and one of my clubs so pls help

Hey girl,

I am reporting your comment to our profile mods, and they will work to fix that for you!

Meghan D.

by puddinface7 on 11/10/2012 9:08:40 PM

GUY TROUBLES? TOO MUCH DRAMA? SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS HERE: http://www.girlslife.com/AdviceQueen.aspx?id=10905

by myfatsquirrel on 11/10/2012 8:56:27 PM

MODMODMODMOD!! So I just got a bf and it's going okay... except for the fact that he never texts me (he says texting is a waste of time, which would make me a waste of time?) and he never tries to hang out with me at school, he's always with his friends, when I eat with him at lunch he barely acknowledges me (just talks to his friends) and when I was telling him i was having a bad day and didnt wear makeup that day and I felt ugly (just to see if he'd say i was pretty which he didn't) he just stood there. Whenever we are alone he always talks to me and cuddles and tells me I'm pretty. I love him but I don't think it'll work. I wanna break up with him but I don't. He's the only guy ever to even go out with me and thinks I'm pretty (guys dont really like me) I don't know what to do! He's not a great BF but he's the only guy who notices me. Help please?

Hey girl,

Instead of trying to test your boyfriend by seeing if he'll call you pretty, try being genuine when you talk about him, and don't forget to compliment him, too! If you're supportive of him, he'll do the same. If he's shy when you're in public, it might just be because he wants to keep his affection more private. It's great that you want to get to know his friends, though, so if he's not talking, try starting a conversation with them to show you're interested in his life! You can introduce him to your friends, too. If you don't think he's a great BF and are only dating him because you don't think anyone else would go out with you (which is totally untrue, btw! You have your whole life ahead of you, and it will be full of tons of great guys Smile ) then you might want to consider why you are dating him and whether you really like him, too.

Meghan D.

by TeamAlice33 on 11/10/2012 8:21:16 PM

yeah the pausing and the 90/10 rules sound like good ideas

by myfatsquirrel on 11/10/2012 7:59:38 PM

the one about pausing is a really good suggestion. if i had anyone to kiss, i would do that.

by the_last_ninja on 11/10/2012 4:05:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Helen S.
This is continued from my comments on the Smashbox Cosmetics Victoria Justice Cover Contest article.
I just want to shut this girl out of my life and forget about her. She's always mean to me. I want to pretend it never happened and just forget she exists. I won't talk to her, email her, or make any contact with her.

Hey! If that's how you feel then I think you should do that. Shutting someone out can be difficult, but you have to do what feels right to you, I think.

Helen S.

by WinnieGirlie on 11/10/2012 3:39:31 PM

***********************************************************HEY! HEY YOU! YOU, ON THE COMPUTER!***********************************************************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!u need advice? what should u do to keep ur crush crushing on you? how to talk andlet him know u exist? not sure what to wear to the formal? how to deal with ur period and puberty? or basically about anything? join my club, club anything! get 2 it by clicking my username(its in purple) and clicking on the icon that says club anything! hope to see u there!

by puddinface7 on 11/10/2012 3:25:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My best friend (who is a girl) told us she was gay over the summer. I thought it would be a big deal at school, but it wasn't, everyone just accepted it. The problem is she's a really huggy person, and hugs me all the time, or we'll be sitting down and she'll rest her head on my shoulder. Sometimes she'll hold my hand, things like that. I think other people might think I'm gay becuase of it, and I'm not! Some people have teased me about being gay. I just really want it all to stop. Do you have any advice?

Hey! you have to look at this situation carefully. Is your friend touching you more than a friend normally would, or has her coming out made you see her touches differently than you used to? If she's making you uncomfortable you should nicely tell her  that.  As for the teasing, that's all insecurity on the teaser's part. You know your own sexuality, so what other people theorize about it doesn't matter. You don't need to prove anything to anyone, remember that.

Helen S.

by ste22 on 11/10/2012 1:52:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Well my best guy friend, who I've been best friends with since elementary school (we're in 11th grade now), have been dating for a little over a month and everything's going great, but.. I just can't get him to kiss me! I've tried hinting at it (touching his face, staring into his eyes/looking at his lips, etc) and we've even talked about kissing. We're both affectionate to each other.. we hold hands, hug, and cuddle, so it's not like he's shy. And I make sure that we're alone before I try to get him to kiss me, too. But if I look at him for too long, he'll just say "What?" He's kissed people before, but I haven't had my first kiss yet. I would take the initiative myself and just kiss him, but since it's my first kiss, I want him to kiss me first. So do you have any ideas on how to get him to kiss me? Thank you so much in advance! (:

Hey! This is a tough one. at this point I don't think you have any alternative other than just asking him to kiss you. That may seem odd, but he's not getting your hints and there may be something that he's genuinely worried about, and if that's the case y'all should discuss it. good luck girl!

Helen S.

by bandgeekgal27 on 11/10/2012 1:09:02 PM

Thanks GL!!!

by wesdelwarrior on 11/10/2012 12:45:31 PM

lol the last on is completely hilarious, but I agree with number seven out of the blue seems cute. But first i'd try the cheek kiss. <3

by keyesalex on 11/10/2012 11:31:16 AM

MOD!
So one of my friends and my guy friend told me last night that i act like stuck up sometimes and like im too cool for them. this confused me because i dont think i am but apparently i am i guess, how do i change?

hey! ask them what actions  specifically led them to see you this way, then you can avoid such actions in the future  if you think they have a point. good luck!

Helen S.

by Im.Unique.YAY! on 11/10/2012 11:30:14 AM

mod mod mod mod mod
last night i had a dream. I was with my ex-bf and he asked me to be mine. Then he had like a football game and then he told me to meet him in the woods. I was confused but anyways i went. Then he came sweating and still in his football gear. I looked at him questioningly and then he ran to me and kissed me.
Well that was what was in my dream it kinda ended and i woke up. What does this mean? I'm feeling so anxious right now. can you tell me what this means? please. Thank you.

Hey! Dreams are our brains' ways  of sorting through information we've processed during the day. we often dream about people or things that have been on our minds or in our lives a lot recently. Sigmund Freud  believed that dreams can only be truly interpreted by the dreamer.  I think that's a solid theory, and that means I can't assign any meaning to this dream, only you can. One way to do this is to free associate. Write down your dream and then look at each isolated incident and see where your thoughts go when you concentrate on each element (ex. the woods, the football game, etc.) This can help you interpret your own dream and might help you understand why your sleeping mind was processing these thoughts in this way. Hope this helps!

Helen S.

by ryry1214 on 11/10/2012 10:43:46 AM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
these tips are great but i dont even know how to kiss a guy. so can you give me some tips. and also tips on how to practice. THNX!!!!

Hey! Maybe this'll help:

Helen S.

by mustachio54 on 11/10/2012 9:40:56 AM

I am going on this bowling date set up thing with this guy I don't know, my friend, and my friends girlfriend (also my friend). (My friends are trying to set me up) I'm not sure what to wear. Could you give me ideas?

hey! just go in something comfy, jeans are good for bowling. and don't forget socks! Basically the key is for you to be able  to move around easily, you don't wanna feel stuck and awkward while everyone else is bowling.

Helen S.

by ljbdaisy on 11/10/2012 9:04:41 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
1. Okay well today I am going to my friends house for a sleepover and of course I just woke up and realized...I have my period. I am nervous because I never slept over at someone's house when I have my period before. I'm nervous!!!! What should I do to make it more comfortable??
2. I am always super nervous to tell my mom I have me period again. I try telling her I don't like it when she brings it up with my family in the room but she does anyway!!! HELP!!!
3. My sister told me a couple months ago that you are supposed to shave your "down there" hair. I shave my arms and legs but I don't know how to shave down there. I mean aren't you supposed to leave it down there so you don't get bacteria down there? Plus how would you shave hair that's well longer than leg hair??
HELP!!!!!!

Hey! 1) bring some tylenol and extra pads/ tampons and don't worry, you're gonna have a great time Smile 2) Just get it over with and tell her how you feel, you'll be so relieved after you won't even remember feeling awkward about it. 3) You by no means have to shave your pubic hair. It's a personal choice and you should only do it if you want to. And you're right it is hygenic to leave it there to catch bacteria.

Helen S.