8 HOURS AGO Really though, is there any better feeling than a fresh mani?

9 HOURS AGO That friend who never wants to hang < http://t.co/n4hMjie8rv

12 HOURS AGO DIY lip scrubs we heart: http://t.co/lSqLTWrTyL

COMMENTS

Fact or fiction: Wearing a bra stops your breasts from growing

I’m 12 years old and I'm flat-chested. My friends always used to make fun of me, so I started wearing a cupped bra. But I have a...

Mod Mod Mod

My sisters got me sports and normal bras for my birthday. And usually when i lay down my boobs hurt ALOT! and its really painful and then i take it off it hurts even more and gets even more painful! whats wrong with me? Please help

Hey chica! Your bras may be too tight. Try a bigger size and see if that helps. xoxo

Kate G.

by destine02 on 8/29/2013 2:14:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD I'm 12 years old and I get my bras at Victoria Secret and aerie. My friends think I'm slutty but I'm not buying push up... How can I explain I get them because they're comfy? HELP

Hey girl! Don't worry about what your friends say! If you like those bras and you think they're comfy, then keep buying them.  If your friends are teasing you, offer to let them try one of them on and show them how comfortable they are.  Pretty soon, your friends might start looking there for bras, too, so you might just have to wait until then for them to understand why you buy your clothes where you do.  xoxo

Kate G.

by emilyr418 on 8/29/2013 11:01:12 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
what about wired bras? do they stop your breasts from growing? should i wear non wired bras to be safe?

Hey girl,

Bras with underwire add extra support. They definitely don't stop your breasts from growing! Wear whatever type and fit you find more comfortable.

Caroline C.

by violet_music on 7/23/2013 11:44:20 AM

@pinkcat4305 Your body is your body and its normal 32a is actually REAlly small even if your eight I no some big eight year olds that are taller than me im 11 turning 12 but ur perfectly fine

by DumebiDivia on 6/24/2013 8:16:59 AM

so i have the opposite prob than this girl in the article cuz i am 8 and have big boobs for my age

by pinkcat4305 on 6/18/2013 4:14:39 PM

is it normal to be 8 and need a underwire bra

by pinkcat4305 on 6/11/2013 6:03:39 PM

I am 13 and I wear 30a. I measured myself yesterday, and I need to get 32a. But, is anyone else as flat chested as me at THIRTEEN?!?! Not to mention, I'm 14 in 2 1/2 months.

by justagirlslife on 6/11/2013 12:29:46 PM

hey guys about the newest post i put please answer me because i do not know if it is okay to wear a 32A at 8

by pinkcat4305 on 6/10/2013 8:30:15 PM

so i am 8 and wear a 32A is that normal

by pinkcat4305 on 6/10/2013 8:21:48 PM

is it normal to have nipple hair when you are 9

by aries329 on 6/4/2013 7:08:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm 11 and I always wear a bra , is that ok?

Hey girlie, it doesn't matter what age you are if there's a need for you to wear a bra. If it makes you feel more comfortable to wear one then that's fine.

Lauren T.

by Love Animals on 5/12/2013 6:49:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
am living with my father after my mom died and my older sis is in collage ... my boobs started growing this year i have a tiny boobs am 12 .... and am too shy to to wear a cupped bra ... if there is any type of bra else than this one i can wear
plzzzz healp me

Hey Chica, you can always get started with a training bra so you become more comfortable with it. They're kind of similar to spots bras.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by chacha_mochacha12 on 4/9/2013 5:24:47 AM

Hi so I recently started wearing a cupped bra and I want to buy another. But all of them have underwire is it ok if it's underwire if I have small breasts? Also where can I find a bandeau so I can wear it for strapless tops and dresses?
Thanks

Hey girlie, underwire is fine no matter big or small you are. I just wouldn't recommend sleeping in it. Look in stores you normally shop in for bandeaus. They're a big trend right now so most places like Forever 21, Wet Seal, American Eagle, and many others are carrying them right now.

Lauren T.

by APlovesJB on 4/7/2013 6:07:17 PM

Help! I dont like bras, do i have to wear them?

by koplop89 on 4/3/2013 9:04:43 PM

I'm 12 and I wear a bra 24/7, when I'm sleeping too. I don't have large boobs, but I feel weird if I don't wear a bra. Is this a bad thing?

Hey girlie,

That's definitely not bad, but if you're alone in your room, it's ok to go braless since no one will see you when you're asleep!

Meghan D.

by Love Animals on 3/29/2013 9:35:59 PM

I always wear a bra even at night and my boobs are bigger than my older sisters!!!

by Maddie12001 on 1/30/2013 1:32:26 AM

is B 36 to big of a cup size for a 15 year old or is it normal? im 15 and im bigger chested then my sis whos 20

by redvelvetluv on 1/26/2013 8:59:02 PM

Ok, so I'm 13, and I know I need a bra. My boobs are pretty small, but they um, show. I wore trainers before but they're too small now and show everything. I would like to wear a cup bra, but apparently I'm too small? I'm not flat, underbust: 26; bust: 29; thats a difference of 3 inches, but apparently u add 4 or 5 to ur underbust first?! What?! That put me at 30AAA. That can't be right, that size isn't real. What can I do about my size? Camis and trainers don't help. Thanks!!

Hey girlie,

Have you tried on any bras? The sizes can get super confusing so sometimes the best thing to do is just to go and try on a few different sizes to see which one fits most comfortably. Xoxo

Alexis G.

by 5555fanny on 1/22/2013 1:16:03 AM

I'm 13 and I'm very flat chested. Does this mean I have breast cancer?

Hey Cathy123, no not at all. Your body is still developing, no worries. Breast cancer is when you have a lump in one of your breasts. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Cathy123 on 1/18/2013 8:07:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
so im 12 and my breasts started growing about 8 months ago. they grew normally for about 8 months then i didnt notice ANY change. this has been going on for a while now... is it normal? will they grow again?

Hey Girl, that is totally normal. Like when you grow taller, your breasts grow faster at certain times. You will probably continue to grow in that area, although you may not. It depends on your body type, how active you are, and genetics.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by mayag1300 on 1/15/2013 3:53:49 PM

About last year my boobs felt tender and sensitive but now it recently went away. Does it mean that my breasts will not grow anymore??

by Ggirl00 on 1/8/2013 7:00:43 PM

No matter what age if you are getting boobs and it feels like you are sagging you probably need to get a bra. Its also a good idea because boys start noticing things, I had a friend who noticed my boobs almost before I even did and my mom said it was time. I am glad she noticed because I was showing through my shirt and she saw him looking. It just seems like I havent been growing there as much as some of my friends.

by fashionqn on 1/5/2013 11:16:44 PM

Don't worry I use to wear a non underwire all the time .... And to be honest I think it helped.... Now I wear a underwire cuz they give me a little more UMPH! So ur totally fine!

by Lilred1220 on 12/23/2012 9:05:32 PM

i'm 11 and i'm already growing boobs my friends say I really need to wear a bra before my boobs start sagging but my mum says she doesn't like small bras so i cant wear one. i get really uncomfy outside. help

by CrushGirl2000 on 12/11/2012 3:13:31 PM

**MOD!MOD!MOD!*
1) Hey wats up... I think I need to lose weight but my mom and dad don't think so(BTW my doctor said I need to lose weight).So I can't go on a huge diet or big workout... or anything really noticble!

Hey girlie, make some smaller changes. Eat smaller portions and more fruits and vegetables. Any bit of exercise helps so take the stairs more often and do short workout videos at home.
Lauren T.

by caiteoehl on 12/9/2012 8:29:29 PM

my bras feel really small but i don't want to go out and try some on and the bras im wearing happen not to be small so is there any way i can meaure my bra size without a tape measure

Hey girl,

I would go to a department or specialty store and get measured there. A pro will know exactly what size you are!

Meghan D.

by tracy8810 on 12/3/2012 5:09:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay- this is gonna be a little awkward and really embarrassing to explain. But I have these purple-blue bruises on my boobs. I don't know where they came from. I just noticed them when I was taking a shower and when I tried to put on a bra it hurt a lot. It felt like they were being squished. Should I see a doctor? If I have to do they have to look there?

Hey girl, I have them too. Most likely, they're just stretch marks and broken bloodvessels because they are growing. It's natural. But if it makes you uncomfy, totally talk to a doctor about it just to ease your mind. Smile

lauren r.

by Kat_13 on 12/2/2012 1:14:43 AM

MOD!!!! So I'm 14 and underweight because I starve myself. I might be anorexic but I don't know for sure. Anyway I still think I'm fat but everybody I know says I'm too skinny. How can I boost my self esteem and stop thinking I'm fat??? Thanks Smile

You might want to talk to a professional about this. If you have a teacher or counselor at your school that you trust, or even a parent, you should talk to them about what you're feeling. It sounds like you might have a serious problem and anorexia can be life-threatening! Even if that's not what's happening, if you're having problems with your self-esteem it might help to talk to a pro and figure out where those feelings are coming from. xoxo Allie

Allie S.

by taylorswiftlover101 on 12/1/2012 7:14:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I am so flat chested. Like I'm so flat I can't even fill up the smallest bra. I'm 13 years old! Guys call me ugly and the "popular" girls always try hit me in my chest. Its like all I have is a pretty face and an ugly body. Any Tips?

Hey girl! That is terrible the way people are treating you. There's nothing wrong with having small breasts. I'm a size B and I absolutely love it. I can wear whatever I want without having to worry about spilling out, I don't have back pain, and I feel confident and comfortable! Your body isn't ugly just because you have small boobs. Learn to love and work what you've got, girl!

xoxo

Katie L.

by SweetLyricz on 11/28/2012 7:16:15 AM

Hey Girls! Join Legit Boy Advice!

This is a LEGIT club about boy advice. Any questions you have let me know because guess what?! I have 5 brothers and I have each age group of boys that you will have questions for (about ANYTHING)get REAL answers from REAL BOYS themselves! All you have to do is include your age and question and I'll get right too it!

by Chloe<3 on 11/26/2012 8:29:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have swimming tomorrow for gym, and I have my period. I've tried using a tampon before, but I had troubles finding where to insert the tampon in. I tried again today, but I still couldn't insert the tampon. And I'm really worried for tomorrow. Please help!!

Hey girl, tampons can be tricky at first, but follow the instructions and you can always ask your mom for help or tips. With practice, you'll get it!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by cloudyday on 11/26/2012 8:05:17 PM

MOD!!!
Ok so I feel REALLY awkward asking this but here goes. Um. I am 13 years old. Everyone I know is flatchested, then theres me. Im a 36C! I'm not overweight or anything I'm tall sure but weight isnt bad. I dont get it! I feel really awkward around other girls because I am like "huge"! Please help! (Thanks)

Hey girl, I know it can be tricky when you're a little ahead of your friends, but love your bod and know that's what makes you unique. My sister also has a bigger chest, but she's learned to embrace it. When she doesn't want to play it up, she'll wear looser clothes: i.e., you can control how present it is by choosing clothes that flatter your shape.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by rachel_m on 11/26/2012 7:37:07 PM

So I think I will et my period soon. I'm 14 and for the past couple of weeks I had really heavy discharge. Now I have a reddish pink colored discharge. Is this normal?

by JSizzle12 on 11/26/2012 5:31:49 PM

Mod!
I have the opposite problem. I'm 12 and already in a 36B! It's kinda sad because Im pretty skinny so you can tell how big they are. I know I should be glad for them-I have a 14 year old friend in a 32A-but sometimes I feel uncomfortable. HELP!

Hey girl, that's totally understandable! My sister has a big chest too and it can be tricky sometimes when they draw a lot of attention. The trick is to a) love the way you look and realize your bod is changing and growing and b) wear clothes that downplay them if you like. My sister, for example, will wear looser tops so they're not as prevalent.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by WashingtonGirlie13 on 11/26/2012 5:30:25 PM

schooled: guys how to's
ok hi so i can help you with guys. like i can help when they say they love you and go say that to a girl you do not know or if you like a guy and you wish he likes you or if he likes you but you would like to just be friends i can help you!
I NEED: A VP, TREASURER, AND SECRETARY! I also have a book and movie lover of the week! please join! thanks.

by messy-luv's-you on 11/25/2012 9:52:33 PM

MODMOD MOD
I feel really weird sleeping without a bra... like I can't sleep. And it has to be a padded bra... not even a sports bra. I'm kidna flat though.... help?

Hey emmabess, if you feel weird sleeping without one, don't. Do what makes you comfortable.  Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by emmabess on 11/25/2012 9:09:57 PM

Mod Mod Mod
So my periods are irregular, like ill have a cycle that is 13 days then my next one is 18 days long. Well I just had one...I think. It was weird like this has never happened in the year and a half that I have had my period. I had a period with only brown discharge, but when I wiped there was blood on the toilet paper. I mean it was so light That I used a liner and only changed it 2-3 times a day at the most. Mod please help!
, Peyton <3

Hey Girlzrock123, yes unfortunately periods can be irregular, even up to your first three years of having one. No worries, you're not alone. As long as nothing crazy is happening in your body you're fine. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Girlzrock123 on 11/25/2012 12:08:21 PM

OMG same

by Lex1 on 11/23/2012 10:46:37 PM

some friends they are...

by spazzygirI on 11/23/2012 9:45:58 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
I'm getting moved to pre algebra 1 and my ex best friend and last years crush is in that class. We were really good friends and he was my best friend but there was a girl told him complete bs about me and he hates me. I believe in second chances but I'm scared he still hates me. How can I talk to him without him walking away or inviting me??? I also feel like I cant be myself around him anymore.

Hey girlie! First things first you should always surround yourself around people who make you feel good about yourself and who you feel comfortable being yourself around..if they don't let you do that then maybe you should re-evaluate if their worth trying. I respect your maturity and the fact that your willing to put the past behind you, but if they're not willing to then it's not worth getting upset over..there's a whole new class of kids to make friends with! I'd start small with a smile and hello, but if its not returned then I'd sit on the other side of the room and start fresh.

Jenn S.

by epicvicky on 11/23/2012 4:05:27 PM

You should be enjoying your tiny boobs Smile i sure do Smile and im 15

by turtlegirl1239 on 11/23/2012 4:03:34 PM

That exact thing happened too me. My friends always make fun of me because I'm flat chested. They have bigger boobs than me and they are always making fun of me.

by funkelicious on 11/23/2012 1:45:11 PM

MODMODMOD?
i havnt gotten my magazine yet this month? do you know anything about it???

Hey girl! If your concerned about your mag check out https://secure.girlslife.com/

or contact one of us so we can help! http://www.girlslife.com/page/contact.aspx

Jenn S.

by gentrye on 11/23/2012 12:49:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD?
I wear sports bra all the time except bedtime, is that a good habit? :\

Hey chickee! Real bras help push em up and keep the weights off your back but some girls are more comfortable in a sports bra. It's not necessarily a bad habit but I'd give em a boost during the day and let em free while you sleep. If you haven't bought a bra yet check this out for help  http://www.girlslife.com/tag/find-the-right-bra-for-you.aspx

Jenn S.

by Susmita24 on 11/23/2012 8:57:44 AM

wait a sec, ppl wear their bras when they r sleeping? Hmm. No comment;)

********************************************HEY GIRLS!!!!!***************************************************

by puddinface7 on 11/23/2012 8:38:53 AM

Mod mod mod
Hello! I think I need to lose weight in my thighs. How can I do that? Also, I really want to learn to play guitar but I also kind of need a new laptop because mine is broken. I'm saving up for both but which do you think is more important ? Thanks!

Hey girl!  Props to you for planning ahead and checkin priorities. For your thighs, it's great your being proactive about the sitch and we have some great workouts. Check out http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/08/24/The-easy-move-for-totally-toned-thighs.aspx

For your savings, I'd def go with the laptop first. It'll help you our more in the long run with school, your social life and you can even Youtube guitar lessons!  You'll even be able to search for jobs and extra ways to make cash in order to save up for the next thing on your wish list. Plus, good news hun Christmas is just around the corner so it won't hurt to ask for one from Santa.!

Here's some quick links to advice on jobs just to get you started!

Jenn S.