AN HOUR AGO #Quiz: Could you be @CodySimpson's girlfriend?: http://t.co/mlkP4If3iF

2 HOURS AGO 1 lucky gal will get Taylor "Friends with Benefits" headphones from Frends! @wearefrends http://t.co/VhilcCxCRN

2 HOURS AGO Because making a smoothie is just like cooking—except way easier. Also, #yum: http://t.co/YVxwDs4b8A

COMMENTS

Hands off! Schools ban Flamin' Hot Cheetos

Most of us know what to expect when we dig in to a bag of Cheetos: bright orange cheese powder coating everything that gets even remotely close...

I think schools should be able to tell their students what they can and can't eat. If kids aren't allowed to eat things in school, they're going to eat them at home anyways. Schools can't force kids to eat this and not that, but they can ban certain foods from schools. This is why so many people are obese, because they eat all this junk.

by gymgirl123 on 11/25/2012 12:53:26 PM

Don't let the snacks in classrooms is fine but banning them from campus is ridiculous. Government and schools need to stop interfering with what we eat!!!!!

by Lizzylizard101 on 11/25/2012 12:35:28 PM

Wow.. This is just sad! Seriously? C'mon! If the students want to eat that, it's their preference. I don't particularly care for hot chips at all, but when I do, I don't eat to the point my stomach is hurting. This is just ridiculous. SMH

by Dstyles34 on 11/25/2012 12:17:07 PM

schools should never be allowed to say what you can and cant eat. I mean, saying that there should be no food in class is one thing, because it keeps out pests, but banning one food is outright wrong

by Bunniesrock14 on 11/25/2012 12:12:18 PM

MODMODMOD
How to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day (even on the weekends) without waking the fam up (on the weekends)?

Hey *Queen of the Fashionistas*, you can set up an alarm in your room and close the door so no one will hear it when it goes off. You can set an alarm on your phone, ipod, or ipad and plug headphones in so when you wake only you will hear the alarm. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by * Queen of the Fashionistas* on 11/25/2012 12:10:09 PM

I agree with some of the posts before me. The schools should not be telling us what we can and cannot eat. Last year I left my lunch box at school over the weekend and on Monday I ate school lunch. I had to dump the whole lunch that I left in the trash because it was gross. Later the teachers said,"You didn't think we would know would you?" and they held up my lunch and demanded to know who it was. Since when is it their job to enforce us to eat?

by miley13t on 11/25/2012 11:53:01 AM

I can see where they're coming from, but honestly banning things from schools doesn't mean kids aren't still going to eat it. So it won't really make a huge impact. If they like them and can't eat them at school they're going to eat them at home.

by theskeeper on 11/25/2012 11:45:40 AM

yes of course. you only spend about seven hours at school five days a week. you have the rest of your time to eat what ever and kids shouldn't even be eating during class.

by sparklycupcake2000 on 11/25/2012 11:39:31 AM

Hey ladies!
From besties to boyfriends, schoolwork to Queen Bees, from pets to frenemies, teachers to family probs, I have advice on all of it, from real life experience! This club is a place to VENT, and CHAT with all the other members. No judging allowed! Don't have many members, so I'd appreciate it if you would joinSmile

by alindgren on 11/25/2012 10:30:36 AM

i don't really care if they're banned, but constitutionally i think they have the right, therefore kids should just deal with it. eating stuff like this for a snack isn't a big deal, but when kids are bringing just junk or spending all of their money on vending machine snacks then something should be done. of course, this is a touchy issue since the schools can't tell kids how to live and eat beyond whatever they learn in health class. i know this issue has been brought to light in my own school with the banning of unsealed water bottles but not giant cans of soda in lunch. teachers are at a loss because they don't want to see these kids stuff themselves with crap, but they can't legally do anything except ban stuff, but trust me there's always something else out there.

btw, there's a video with a bunch of kids rapping about their hot cheetos that we watched in homeroom that is kind of sad but also pretty funny.

by the_last_ninja on 11/25/2012 10:05:02 AM