18 MINUTES AGO How to get him to (finally) call you back: http://t.co/RGMLbQNyLi

AN HOUR AGO Oh @olivia_holt, your braid is bae: http://t.co/hpc3M3wbQr #hairspo

2 HOURS AGO Sprinkling *this* in your cereal could make all the difference: http://t.co/eB66NoXsEJ

COMMENTS

Hands off! Schools ban Flamin' Hot Cheetos

Most of us know what to expect when we dig in to a bag of Cheetos: bright orange cheese powder coating everything that gets even remotely close...

Hot cheetos are gross, anyways. I LOOVE Takis, but I hardly eat them.

by XxUTookMahFonexX on 2/16/2013 10:57:01 PM

flamin hot cheetos are da bomb! i think schools should keep them, but warn people about the effects it can have on their digestive system. banning isn't going to work anyway because people are only going to get mad and find somewhere else to get them and share them with lovers of spicy food.

by monicagrace on 12/8/2012 1:46:30 PM

Hmm-mm........ Ive never tried them, but i do agree about the teachers standpoints! However I do love CHEETOS

by leechichi on 12/5/2012 7:39:36 PM

I LOVE HOT CHEETOS! I HATE SCHOOLS FOR BANNING THEM! My school didn,t ban them. I wonder why :/

by princess80241 on 12/5/2012 1:03:19 AM

Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod : okay two things!
O1. I'm super upset because my period lands perfectly so I have it on THANKSGIVING and CHRISTMAS. How am I supposed to deal?! On Christmas it may or may not happen, but still. I hate tampons and I really don't plan on wearing them. Help!
O2. I've finally developed my own style. The only problem is I don't have that many clothes to fit my new style. How do I make my old clothes fit my new style?
thanks so much, I GREATLY appreciate it!

1- There's nothing you can do to avoid getting your period. If you really hate tampons that much, try using pads. They are super easy!

2- Try redesigning your cloths! You can do this by accessorizing more to add your own "spunk."
mailyse f.

by MusicIsLove123 on 11/30/2012 2:10:00 PM

The cheetos shouldn't have been banned, they should have been kicked to the curb because they are pure junk food, plain and simple.

As for the excuse about them having too much salt... That's not a good reason. There is NO scientific proof backing up claims that salt causes high blood pressure or health problems. The only people that benefit from a salt-reduced diet are of African decent. As for everyone else, we could probably eat three times the daily salt allowance for the rest of our lives and be perfectly fine. (Granted, the bloated fingers wouldn't be fun.)

by Imura on 11/29/2012 9:27:59 PM

I think they should be able to ban foods...
What if a food can make someone seriously sick? It's way better to snack on something healthier rather than risk your life to a junk food

by grinny48 on 11/28/2012 7:17:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD Help! My cheeks are so red my friends asked me if I was wearing blush! Is it just a normal thing? Should I have a doctor check on it? By the way, I am positive that I am not allergic to anything. It does not seem like the case for that anyways.

Hey girl, I don't think there's anything abnormal about red cheeks, but if you're concerned, you can run it by your 'rents and the doc the next time you see her. In the meantime, however, take a deep breath and relax. Rosy cheeks are lovely and may just end up saving you a bit on blush to boot!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by ising990 on 11/26/2012 8:38:56 PM

i have a crush on my guy friend. i was over at his house on Thanksgiving night with my fam for a party. we went downstairs to his bedroom (with his cousin, she's an 8th grader, he's in 8th grade and imma freshman) and hung out and talked the whole night until i left. i can't stop thinking about him. i wanna tell him i like him but i feel like if i do that it might be weird between us(i'm going over there again before Christmas for another party). at school he gives me the "sup" nod in the halls. i asked him who he liked (i'm very brazen about those things) and he wouldnt tell me, mayb because it's me? what should i do? should i tell him? (i'd haveta do it over text) or should i wait until i go over there in like 3 weeks and see how things shake out? thanks!

Hey girl, I'd wait for now. Definitely tell him you like him in person and not over text. Announcements that big should be made in person (even though it can be a little harder working up the guts!)

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by alindgren on 11/26/2012 5:36:31 PM

I don't like Flamin' Hot Cheetos anyway.

by YouCanCallMeCat on 11/26/2012 9:39:49 AM

I can understand why schools would want to abn hot cheetos but they're not illegal so they can't really make people not eat them.

by smartnsassy on 11/26/2012 8:43:34 AM

I can see why some schools would be concerned but seriously, banning a food? what about other spicy foods? If it's causing stomach problems then i think the kid should make up his own mind to stop eating it. And what can the school really do about it? The kids have total freedom to eat them before or after school. It isn't doing anything to ban them. Actually, if you think about history, banning something just makes people want to do or use it more. Like the ban on alcohol. that just created smugglers and whatnot. Banning a certain food could lead to more consumption of that food than before.

by rosehuber on 11/25/2012 11:06:16 PM

schooled: guys how to's
ok hi so i can help you with guys. like i can help when they say they love you and go say that to a girl you do not know or if you like a guy and you wish he likes you or if he likes you but you would like to just be friends i can help you!
I NEED: A VP, TREASURER, AND SECRETARY! I also have a book and movie lover of the week! please join! thanks.

by messy-luv's-you on 11/25/2012 9:49:29 PM

I don't really like cheetos, and I do understand where the school is coming from, but they shouldn't be allowed to ban food.

by txtingirl on 11/25/2012 9:48:25 PM

The cheese in Cheetos is non-vegetarian and has beef and pork enzymes in it, you can look on the Frito-Lay website. So I don't eat them anyways...

by topaz1116 on 11/25/2012 9:34:37 PM

This is stupid. I don't eat school lunch, but I can honestly say that I don't need the government sticking their big fat nose into everything I do. If I want to be a fat, lazy slob, who's the government to tell me otherwise? As long as I don't interfere with other people's rights, I think I'm good. That being said, classrooms should ban cheetos because they make a mess, but selling cheetos during lunch is good because the school makes money, and the school has to make money to have dances and sports teams.

by Sangeet27 on 11/25/2012 9:20:36 PM

Schools are schools. They run their own rules and they get to choose what they want. Schools can ban anything they want. I even have some examples:

1. In a local middle school in my county, there has been a letter sent home to parents about the amount and kids going to the nurse for injuries from the Eraser/Cinnamon challenge. The Eraser challenge leaves a big red spot/scar on your arm or hand and that can affect your skin in the long run. The Cinnamon challenge can affect your health badly, also not good in the long run.

2. In a surrounding city in my county, there is a school that is banning the word "retard" because of it's overuse into the school.

Those are my examples and this is my opinion!

by itsjustgz on 11/25/2012 7:43:29 PM

Woah, they have those at my school. Good thing that I don't eat yucky school lunches!

by TresSapphire on 11/25/2012 7:11:29 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!!
what are good Christmas present ideas for Grandma/Grandpa? I only have 50$ to spend

Hey girlie, anything that you get them they'll love! Try a big frame with multiple photos. You can put in pictures of you and your grandparents, you and your parents, and even pictures of just you. They can hang it up at home and always have a sweet reminder of you.

Lauren T.

by YayaYuiki on 11/25/2012 6:23:28 PM

They can't do that! Cheetos are wicked cool/good!

by galegirl on 11/25/2012 6:07:44 PM

I think schools should be able to tell their students what they can and can't eat. If kids aren't allowed to eat things in school, they're going to eat them at home anyways. Schools can't force kids to eat this and not that, but they can ban certain foods from schools. This is why so many people are obese, because they eat all this junk.

by gymgirl123 on 11/25/2012 12:53:26 PM

Don't let the snacks in classrooms is fine but banning them from campus is ridiculous. Government and schools need to stop interfering with what we eat!!!!!

by Lizzylizard101 on 11/25/2012 12:35:28 PM

Wow.. This is just sad! Seriously? C'mon! If the students want to eat that, it's their preference. I don't particularly care for hot chips at all, but when I do, I don't eat to the point my stomach is hurting. This is just ridiculous. SMH

by Dstyles34 on 11/25/2012 12:17:07 PM

schools should never be allowed to say what you can and cant eat. I mean, saying that there should be no food in class is one thing, because it keeps out pests, but banning one food is outright wrong

by Bunniesrock14 on 11/25/2012 12:12:18 PM

MODMODMOD
How to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day (even on the weekends) without waking the fam up (on the weekends)?

Hey *Queen of the Fashionistas*, you can set up an alarm in your room and close the door so no one will hear it when it goes off. You can set an alarm on your phone, ipod, or ipad and plug headphones in so when you wake only you will hear the alarm. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by * Queen of the Fashionistas* on 11/25/2012 12:10:09 PM

I agree with some of the posts before me. The schools should not be telling us what we can and cannot eat. Last year I left my lunch box at school over the weekend and on Monday I ate school lunch. I had to dump the whole lunch that I left in the trash because it was gross. Later the teachers said,"You didn't think we would know would you?" and they held up my lunch and demanded to know who it was. Since when is it their job to enforce us to eat?

by miley13t on 11/25/2012 11:53:01 AM

I can see where they're coming from, but honestly banning things from schools doesn't mean kids aren't still going to eat it. So it won't really make a huge impact. If they like them and can't eat them at school they're going to eat them at home.

by theskeeper on 11/25/2012 11:45:40 AM

yes of course. you only spend about seven hours at school five days a week. you have the rest of your time to eat what ever and kids shouldn't even be eating during class.

by sparklycupcake2000 on 11/25/2012 11:39:31 AM

Hey ladies!
From besties to boyfriends, schoolwork to Queen Bees, from pets to frenemies, teachers to family probs, I have advice on all of it, from real life experience! This club is a place to VENT, and CHAT with all the other members. No judging allowed! Don't have many members, so I'd appreciate it if you would joinSmile

by alindgren on 11/25/2012 10:30:36 AM

i don't really care if they're banned, but constitutionally i think they have the right, therefore kids should just deal with it. eating stuff like this for a snack isn't a big deal, but when kids are bringing just junk or spending all of their money on vending machine snacks then something should be done. of course, this is a touchy issue since the schools can't tell kids how to live and eat beyond whatever they learn in health class. i know this issue has been brought to light in my own school with the banning of unsealed water bottles but not giant cans of soda in lunch. teachers are at a loss because they don't want to see these kids stuff themselves with crap, but they can't legally do anything except ban stuff, but trust me there's always something else out there.

btw, there's a video with a bunch of kids rapping about their hot cheetos that we watched in homeroom that is kind of sad but also pretty funny.

by the_last_ninja on 11/25/2012 10:05:02 AM

A ban? That's a bit harsh. The key is MODERATION.
****************************************HEY GIRLIES!!!!!!!********************
From boys to friends, schoolwork to Queen Bees, from pets to books, teachers to family probs, I have advice on all of it, from real life experience and advice books. This club is a place to VENT, and CHAT with all the other members. No judging allowed! Don't have many members, SO JOIN!!!!!!!!!!!

by puddinface7 on 11/25/2012 9:52:23 AM

I think they may be banning them for good reasons, but they're trying to go healthy, then add more options for salad, veggies, and fruits. If they are going this far with the Cheetos, they might as well go all the way.

by meepala21 on 11/25/2012 9:50:06 AM

I can truly see the schools' points, as they are not only looking out for themselves, but for the students' health in the long run, but at the same time, should schools be able to ban a certain product? What about other spicy/hot foods? Why is this JUST (or if it isn't, sorry for saying this) Hot Cheetos?

by cheerfulcheer on 11/25/2012 9:46:02 AM

Cheetos are disgusting! I don't understand how people can eat them. And SPICY cheetos? ugh!!! I'm fine with the schools banning them because 1) they are extremely high in fat and salt and 2) apparently they are causing stomach problems.

by swimchickliz on 11/25/2012 9:44:36 AM

I heard their banning them because they have an addictive property in them of some sort. Though i don't think schools have the right to tell us what we can and can't eat. Obesity may be a problem but no one has the right to tell us what we can and can't eat......

by amileofroses on 11/25/2012 1:19:46 AM

I don't think flamin' hot cheeto's should be banned. They can leave finger prints on desks from other types of cheeto's or even with dorito's. As for health wise...school lunches are bad enough. Especially when they try making them "healthy" by concocting pudding with veggies or make brownies without any sugar or gluten. Anyway who are the school's to control what kids do or don't eat. I eat flaming hot cheeto's all the time and trust me. They aren't even hot.

by BabyDahl13 on 11/25/2012 12:32:42 AM

I dont think they should be allowed to ban any food as for the stomach pains I get them when I eat too many hot cheetos and any thing very spicy. If they are worried about health the food they serve should be healthier.

by livluvbesties on 11/25/2012 12:20:00 AM