Bridget M.

is modding

5 HOURS AGO #Quiz—which classic Christmas flick are you? http://t.co/i0LF5xdOKg

8 HOURS AGO .@CodySimpson has some major exciting news: http://t.co/BsrYGeIaoe

9 HOURS AGO This throwback Christmas pic of @FifthHarmony is die for #SOCUTE: http://t.co/9GKHuKVpHl #5H #harmonizers

COMMENTS

Want to grow your relationship with God? Grab the NIV Once-A-Day Bible and Devotional

Buzz! There goes your morning alarm and, before you know it, you’re dashing from class to practice to a study sesh—and that crazy schedule’s on...

OMG I was looking for something like this. I really need more God in my life. I just started going to church and so far I love it. This would go great.

Good luck to the 5 lucky girls! I hope to be one of them hehe Smile

by neonroxursox on 12/2/2012 8:19:34 PM

I'm seeing a lot of teen God things here. How about for the kids? You might not know this GL, but I used to hate church and get far away from God until I went to a Korean church in KOREA for summer vacay. I look at these contests for this and... I wonder if I should enter. What if it's too mature for me? What if...? I hope you have a contest that has a Kid Bible. I love God. ♥

by sohi105 on 11/23/2012 5:52:52 PM

I am a Christian, and I love God, but I do agree with some of the others. If you are going to have stuff advertised for Christians, why not get some of the other religions in on it. Maybe advertise a Young women's book for Islam, or Judaism, or something along those lines.

by soccerholic on 11/22/2012 9:17:37 PM

im an so glad this was on here. i grew up learning about God and going to church every Sunday. i learn about God everyday is a Catholic School. its nice to get closer to your faith in different ways. once you get older you tend to push God away but i've come to realize that i need Him. and if people are going to say negative things then dont say anything at all. this could go for all religions. they are tons of different religions in Christian. if your not Christian then dont buy it..as simple as that. i believe that everyone should grow closer to God in some way. and dont be saying bad things about this because im Christian and it does hurt my feelings in a way and could hurt other peoples feelings too. if it hurts God's feelings it hurts mine...because God belongs to me.

by caseycat16 on 11/22/2012 8:08:19 AM

I'm tolerant of different religions, but I wont lie, it's a bit weird to have it promoted on a girl's magazine. If somebody is looking for insight or information on religion, there is PLENTY of other places to look.

by EmXoXo on 11/21/2012 4:40:17 PM

Wow! Really proud of GL for posting something like this. Nice work!

by Chloe<3 on 11/21/2012 2:46:32 PM

well this is for girls who are interested in things like God- gracezoom144, so just respect that about the site and the girls. Thanks GL!

by uniquester on 11/21/2012 2:10:11 PM

It's not advertising one religion over another! It's just showing that there is a devotional Bible for the girls on the go. Thank you Girlslife!!!

by AlwaysDreamer on 11/21/2012 1:42:37 PM

@puffinlover and @gracezoom144 if you dont like it, dont buy it or even click on the article if you just want to say negative things. I'm all for being tolerent of others views so maybe you hould try that too. Tong

by dojhallow97 on 11/21/2012 1:40:56 PM

I do not think a secular magazine should be promoting books about religion. This is a magazine that is circulated worldwide, and girls of every religion read it. Promoting Christian books and not books about other religions as well immediately discriminates against those other religions (or the lack thereof. I personally am an atheist.) As a secular magazine, though, with no open ties to religious organizations, I think it is Girl's Life's responsibility to remain unbiased, which means not promoting any religion unless you promote ALL religions (and include options for those who are not religious.)

by rockinlishy on 11/21/2012 1:13:39 AM

If you ask me GL is overstepping the boundaries a little bit. Although they aren't saying "Come be Christian!" It does kind iffy to be endorsing a product that will help you "get closer to god"

by gracezoom144 on 11/20/2012 10:33:44 PM

Thank you GL for this article. This is a great product for anyone, because everyone needs God. And I am not a religious fanatic or anything, just a christian in a seemingly non-christian world.

by ceahorse on 11/20/2012 9:23:15 PM

Thanks so much for this GL! Definitely will check it out, its awesome to see a Chirst-centered book being advertised here - never would have expected that!

by vbgirl397 on 11/20/2012 9:10:31 PM

Do you like to read? Do you like to be yourself and be creative? Then I have the perfect club for you- Ravenclaw girls! You do not have to like the harry potter books- Ravenclaw is a personality! all positions are open, and id love to have more than one person in the club lol! and it also doubles as a advice/book suggestion club..

by Zepfergirl on 11/20/2012 4:46:37 PM

@puffinlover They aren't advertising one religion over another, they're simply giving an opportunity for Christian girls to become closer to their God. They aren't promoting the Christian religion, they're promoting a wellness BOOK.

by kenzi143 on 11/20/2012 3:10:10 PM

This sounds great!!! I already have a devotional, but this seems easier to comprehend Smile christmas list maybe...

by jaydawg14 on 11/20/2012 1:19:41 PM

Are you serious? You can't advertise one religion over another!!!

by puffinlover99 on 11/20/2012 9:47:47 AM

really cool! i'll definately check this out! and thanks GL for having faith inspired things on your site! i really appritiate it!

-xoxo