9 HOURS AGO Which summer sport's got ya game? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/Ici50wNgla

12 HOURS AGO Tell us how you feel in our survey about smoking: http://t.co/6Q9EeXv0yg

12 HOURS AGO 5 fun fitness guru videos: http://t.co/ltFmHhPXLG

COMMENTS

Better stockpile your snack cakes! Hostess closes up shop

OK, we know this isn’t really healthy news—although it might help trim kids’ waistlines, now that we think about it—but it’s a milestone nonetheless. So, here...

The chocolate cupcakes!!!Stocked up and am hiding them from my older bro, if he found them, they'd be gone lickety-split!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I don't want Hostess to go out of business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by pinterest on 2/26/2013 12:09:34 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!Why oh WHY did the workers on strike?ehh at least it's not little debbie.

by horseirl on 11/26/2012 12:39:56 PM

At least Michelle Obama will be happy

by Sangeet27 on 11/25/2012 9:22:26 PM

I find it hard to beleive that Hostess cannot afford to go on. It is so popular for the twinkie. Then the workers go on strike?! They should have known the company was going bankrupt. Did they expect the money to just appear in the Hostess company?! Now its shutting down for their greed. What about the workers who didnt go on strike? Now they will lose their job. I dont care the cupcakes are gone. I care about all the people who wont be able to put food on the table now. Think before you ask for more. Gee whiz people. Think for a second.

by katgirly on 11/22/2012 2:05:22 AM

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! how in the world could they go out of business?! RIP Donuts

by myfatsquirrel on 11/19/2012 3:27:40 PM

This is a bigger deal than it should be - some big company will buy them, actually, they're already working out a deal to sell the company.

by karenbug88 on 11/19/2012 1:16:10 PM

my brother is obsessed with Twinkies soo for Christmas I am getting him like 3 boxes of Twinkies .

by tampagirl<3 on 11/19/2012 7:14:21 AM

Yeah. Seriously? My grandmother is going berserk! She keeps saying "Oh, I have to get to Walgreen's to get some of those donuts!" I've never had Hostess anything. But it's sad.

by sarahlovesbasketball17 on 11/19/2012 1:15:36 AM

happy and sad! Going to miss those ho-hos and zingers and such and sad that all those people are being laid off, but good for some people because im sure hostess has a hand in some peoples obesity issues too! Smile Frown

by <3BlueZebras<3 on 11/18/2012 11:00:49 PM

NOOOO! I just tried a twinkie for the first time and discovered their wonderfulness and now i can't get any?! This is just brutal! Curse you stupid economic problems!!!!

by lavlo on 11/18/2012 9:26:37 PM

I used to resent Twinkies, now I regret never eating them. Frown But those CupCakes were the best ever! And Donettes? I LOVE those! They were the best breakfast on-the-go treats ever! I'm very sad but I'll be skinnier. Frown It's not going to be the same though.

by Gabriella123 on 11/18/2012 9:09:50 PM

Here's what I think will happen as a result:

November 18, 2013

Breaking news! Obesity rates have dropped 21%. Researchers have claimed it was a result of the closing of Hostess in 2012.

I mean, seriously? Your life will probably improve as a result of this.

Please excuse my username, I was 10.

by jonastwilight on 11/18/2012 8:52:12 PM

I love hostess. Why oh why did the bakers go on strike?

by Lizzylizard101 on 11/18/2012 8:45:39 PM

modmodmodmod
ok so i wake up at 6-6:10 in the morning and i'm 12. what time do you think i should go to bed at night? thanks!

Hey girlie, I would suggest going to bed around 10. That way you get 8 hours of sleep, and you should wake up feeling well rested.

Lauren T.

by sailaway11 on 11/18/2012 8:01:01 PM

I never even got to try a Twinkie! Frown

by fresnobee on 11/18/2012 7:35:40 PM

Where will I buy my Twinkies?! Oh wait. I hate Twinkies. But sad that Wonderbread is gone Frown

by kenzi143 on 11/18/2012 7:20:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD I have a question I hugged my one guy friend and when he hugged me he looked really smug and like prideful almost. When guys touch/hug girls does it help their pride or did his face mean something else? PLEASE HELP THANKS

Hey girlie, in this situation I don't know. It's different for different guys. It's possible that he has a crush on you or maybe it was just good for his self-esteem.

Lauren T.

by luette on 11/18/2012 7:05:48 PM

A world without Twinkies... OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!

by smartnsassy on 11/18/2012 7:05:27 PM

Hi! Please join my style advice club!! It's so amazingly awesome!! I know you won't regret joining it!! It's also updated almost everyday!!! Smile Thanks, averya

by averya on 11/18/2012 12:50:51 PM

I have mixed feelings. I don't eat junk food a lot and when I do, these products are not my first choice. I'm very sad the cupcakes and donettes are going to be gone, but I'm glad things like that will be out of kids' diets.

by rileytibbles on 11/18/2012 12:46:41 PM

YAY NO MORE TWINKIES!!!!! But :"( becuz my Ho-Hos and Ding Dongs and LITTLE DOUGHNUTS (Did I spell that right)!!!!

by Lex1 on 11/18/2012 12:44:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I won something from the September week four giveaway, should I have already gotten it in the mail?

Hey awtechnofish, oh yes you should have received it a long time ago. I would send an email to brittany@girlslife.com and tell her. She should be able to help you. Sorry about that! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by awtechnofish on 11/18/2012 12:42:30 PM

Well, I feel bad for all the people who luv Twinkies, but I never did so I'm okay with Hostess closing!

by genieinabottle on 11/18/2012 12:25:04 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not the TWINKIES!!!! :,(

by galegirl on 11/18/2012 11:59:08 AM

MOD MOD MOD,
I was inspired by GL to have my own new years sleepover! But how to I do it with these following obstacles, and how can I convince my dad to accept it?? a) We have just moved into a whole house that used to be an apartment. Dad needs some time to furnish and work on it all, so "no party anytime soon". All I want is to have it in ONE room downstairs from him, my sis, & my dog. How can I convince him? b) he works on New Year's eve, 'cuz he's a musician. And he doesn't think that I can get any other supervisor like my relatives cuz they'll be doing their own thing at that time. What do I do? How do I find someone? I could find my mom, b/c she doesn't do anything on NYE, but she's divorced with my Dad.Plz reply as soon as possible.

Hey Vintage_Me123, tell him you just need one room and that's it. And for sleepovers you don't need furniture. All you need is some comfy pillows, blankets and sleeping bags. What about hanging with some friends for NYE? Call up your besties and see if you can tag along with one of them to bring in the new year. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Vintage_Me123 on 11/18/2012 11:21:35 AM

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW WHERE WILL I GET ALL MY HOHOS AND DINGDONGS????????? NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by cheerfulcheer on 11/18/2012 11:19:28 AM

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO sad! I live right next to a gas station with a store, and that's where I got ALL of my fave snacks: TWINKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me and my BFF are SO sad!!!

by girlscupcakespitbulls on 11/18/2012 11:08:35 AM

It's okay because twinkies take like 30 years to decompose. I'd like to stockpile regular food, please.

by miley13t on 11/18/2012 10:57:43 AM

MY DING DONGS!

by ida.b.rocks on 11/18/2012 10:06:44 AM

MY favorite not-so-good-for-you treat's Donettes.

by otter77 on 11/18/2012 9:39:43 AM

I love this quote "There's a skinny girl inside of me trying to get out. I shut her up with a Twinkie." but I guess they'll have to change it!Frown

*******************************HEYGIRLS!!!!!!**************************************
You need some advice on boys, mean girls, books, friendship troubles, family, holidays, ANYTHING? Or do u just want to chat about nothing in particular?
JOIN CLUB ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most positions are open, PLS JOIN LOVE YA!!!!!!!!

by puddinface7 on 11/18/2012 8:17:00 AM

by rockchik333 on 11/18/2012 7:50:21 AM

I tried a twinky once. Thought it tasted like something a sea sponge might poop out if it were capable. It is time for them to go.

by zwinky on 11/18/2012 1:37:58 AM

I am not into junk food but I love a Hostess cupcake every now and then. How can they stop making them? I will just have to get one from my friends house.

by fashionqn on 11/18/2012 12:16:46 AM