2 HOURS AGO Who knew babies and sloths (yes, sloths!) could be such good friends? http://t.co/t3cHUse1PC

3 HOURS AGO ICYMI @Zendaya's starring in a brand new movie: http://t.co/1VDEbqpbHp #zswaggers

4 HOURS AGO Are you a loyal friend? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/jGdkLjNp6t

COMMENTS

What to say (and do) to reel him in

Okay, so you’ve settled into the school year, gotten used to the classes and prepped for the coming cold weather. There’s only one thing left on your...

MOD MOD MOD!
Okay so I like this guy in my school but he hardly notices me... I think. So we are in different classes but when we switch he is in my class. He doesn't sit next to me but sometimes I catch him looking at me. I just glance up and his eyes are on me. The tough thing is though he is... you could say part of the popular crowd. I live on the same street as the popular queen of the school. Sometimes he walks home with her and their friends. I don't know how to approach him. Please help. I want to break the ice between us. Please!!!!!!

Hey! next time you see him, smile and say hi. Keep doing that whenever yuo see him, and eventually strike up a conversation about school, homework, music, or common interests. you can do it!

Helen S.

by Sarcastic_Rainbow on 4/18/2013 6:53:42 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!
I really like this guy. We've known each other since we were babies and our families are pretty close. When we are alone or just with his brother hes funny sweet and sorta flirty but when we're with our friends he shuts me out and is sorta a jerk. I don't want to make things awkward but I really like him! What do I do?!?!? Please help!!!

Hey girl, you might want to have a chat with him about his uncool behavior and then decide whether or not to ask him out.  Check out GL's ice breakers for helpful boy advice.  Best of luck!

Karin E.

by ashley1467 on 2/18/2013 12:50:59 PM

MOD
I have liked this guy for about a year. He used to date my best friend and he is a year older then me. We don't really know each other that well and my friends wants us to. We are both in the play and practices start soon, and my friend wants to introduce us. I am super nervous cause I know people who like him and I don't feel like my friend is over. Plus what if I make a total fool out of myself when he talks to me?

Hey girlie,

If your friend is the one who wants to introduce you, I would trust that she is over him! I wouldn't be nervous, just try to be casual when you meet him and start a small convo about something like school, and then go from there.

Meghan D.

by lizzierox on 1/14/2013 6:45:32 PM

Mod mod!!
There's this boy I like and we both are in the same practice time and shoot at the same time. He is REEEEEEALLY good, and I'm okay at it, and I want to ask him for some tips and pointers but I'm way too nervous! I shoot next to him when the spot isn't filled and I'm not too nervous. Is there any ways to subtly ask him how to shoot better and how to talk to him without freezing up and wanting to run away?

Hey girl, since you're right there next to him, you should definitely just ask. When you're text to him just miss really bad and make sure he sees, then say "oh my gosh, i need some pointers! would you mind helping me?!" and he will totally help!

lauren r.

by nerd_girl_lotr on 1/13/2013 10:15:09 AM

MOD.
There's a guy that I like and I thought that he liked me too, but he might have changed his mind. He doesn't talk to me that much anymore, and I overheard his friends telling him to go out with a girl that he's friends with & has been talking to a lot lately. DO you think I should keep trying to see if he likes me? I'm really deciding on giving up, even though I don't want to.

Hey! You have to move on from this guy. I know it's hard, but just try to concentrate on other things for a while, like your friends or an activity you love. It's tough now but every day your life will bring you something new to learn about or help with or share with someone, and when you make the most of your days, you'll move on even sooner than you think. I hope this helps girl! Smile

Helen S.

by sweetari95 on 1/10/2013 7:40:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! ok, soo there's this guy ik and kinda like.. and so to bring in the new year and start fresh I decided to idk, maybe try it out even though I don't really feel like dating.. and so I invited him with a group of friends to see a scary movie with me... and last nite he must of taken that as a sign because he told me he LOVES me! I don't know if I even like him! i'm just experimenting and having fun! what do I do?????? is it ok to avoid him?????? D: please help!

Hey girl,

It's definitely okay to avoid him, or you could try talking to him and telling him how love is veryyy different from liking. Tell him you just wanna have fun and try things out. The sooner he knows your intentions the sooner he might be able to understand them. Just be honest! xoxo

alexis g.

by lalalagurl on 1/1/2013 12:16:44 PM

Sorry its so long!
Okay, so i developed a crush on this guy im friends with. We talk quite a bit but only when we have to sit together in classes. He has once approached me to talk for a bit which gave me the idea that he might like me, nd he leans in to talk to me and he laughs at nearly everything i say. And when im upset he always tries to cheer me up on facebook but not in person? So i had an idea that he might like me...then he told me that he really liked this other girl and asked me to help get them together. I was devastated but we are friends so i couldnt say no. So i spoke to her and found out that she dosent like him back. I told him this and he was upset so i was there to comfort him and we had a really long talk cheering eachother up, but every other convo we have is just normal friendly talk. I think he just likes me as a friend but i like him way more than that and he has shown signs that he may like me too, but im unsure if he is just being friendly?! Please help me!

Hey girl,

It sounds like he might want to work on developing your friendship a little more before taking things to the next level, especially if he recently told you he liked another girl. Try continuing to strengthen your friendship and hang out as friends, and you never know what will happen in the future! In the meantime, it doesn't hurt to keep your options open to other guys Smile

Meghan D.

by BestBiebers on 12/29/2012 9:24:18 PM

While we encourage an open environment on Girlslife.com, some blogger babes may find your comment offensive or inappropriate. Please discontinue to ask or comment about this subject and talk to a parent, trusted friend or guidance counselor. Love and thanks! , Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.

by Damionjay on 12/29/2012 12:33:25 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ive liked this guy for a little while and i think he likes me. He loves to make me laugh and if im sad he will do anything just to get me to smile, he talks to me everyday(well everyday at school) he likes to come up behind me and tickle me to make me jump, he looks straight into my eyes, ive caught him starring at me, he walks withme to class and out of school, in one class he laid next to me during a movie and kept getting closer and our hands kept brushing,he thinks im funny, he talks about me to his friends, we had a dance and he came over to our group and danced next to me, and at the dance he even pulled my out of the group to talk with me, at lunch he sits with his friends but will come over and talk to me and if he walks by he will do something to get me to notice him, and he always hits me (not hard) he knows ill hit back and we "battle" eachother. He talks to a lot of girls but he does little things and likes to be aroud me.Is it me or does he like me? Thanks

It seems like he's totally into you! By all your description, you should go for it!
mailyse f.

by HopeIsNotHopeless on 12/26/2012 2:01:57 PM

Can I get some advice? Ok...I've fallen for an friend. I've only seen him maybe 3 times, but our families have met, and we'll be going to ACDA in Texas together. The big problem is that he's just turned 19 and I'm turning 15 in a week and a half. I don't have an issue with ages, but I don't know how to talk to him. He gave me a hug last time I saw him in person, and we're friends on Facebook. I'm not sure how to reach out to him though. Does he notice me like that? Am I just a "little buddy" and he's liking college girls? How can I get to spend time with him? Help???

by worldcitizen13 on 12/22/2012 10:44:54 AM