1 HOURS AGO Go behind the scenes of this year's #GLfashbash: http://t.co/qDH8tnIGJi

2 HOURS AGO Our girl, @lauramarano shows us why veggies are the http://t.co/pLtNniQ0l2: http://t.co/Zd1nuJDn4c

3 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 2 chatterboxes talk it out with @PantechMobile's Pantech Vybe: http://t.co/ISHwCBt5o7

COMMENTS

What to say (and do) to reel him in

Okay, so you’ve settled into the school year, gotten used to the classes and prepped for the coming cold weather. There’s only one thing left on your...

So I really liked this guy from my theatre school over the summer, and we became better friends, but then he found out I liked him. He told me about this in a really kind way, said unfortunately he didn't like me back, but added that he loved being my friend and he wanted to continue getting to be better friends. I was bummed but not too devastated since he still wanted to be friends. but recently he's been really stand-offish around me. I think it's because he thinks i still like him. how do I convince him that I'm over him and get our friendship back to where it used to be before the crush silliness?

Hey! You have to show him that you're ready to be friends again. Say hi to him  and invite him to hang out in a group sometime Smile good luck!

Helen S.

by starringlola on 11/24/2012 3:23:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Thanks super much Smile <3

by goofyball2246 on 11/23/2012 10:39:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!! Smile
I really like this one guy... lets call him Enrique. He is a total player and loves basketball... and possibly has a crush on my friend. I'm a naturally energetic person but I'm afraid I'm annoying him when I text him- he replies with one word answers and never texts me first. I was wondering if there are ways for me to calm down a bit and give me a better chance with him... and some flirting/texting tips?? Thanks sooo much!!

Hey girl,

If it seems like he's giving you short answers, maybe wait for him to text you first next time, or try talking to him in person instead of texting! Check out our Ice Breakers section for TONS of great flirting tips Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/ice-breakers.aspx

Meghan D.

by goofyball2246 on 11/23/2012 10:20:28 PM

I have a little prob with this one guy I really like. Okay let's say his name is Luke. I knew Luke before anyone else because his older brother and my older brother play baseball together. I met him over spring break last year and we REALLY connected. So this year, He is at my school and we had two classes together: Math and Spanish. And we really bonded in September. But now, he switched out of my Spanish and the only class I have with him is math now. I recently found out that he liked me at the beginning of the year. But there are a bunch of other girls that currently like him. He has COMPLETELY changed since September. I found his planner once and wrote I love you in it then gave it back to him and last time I looked at it, he scribbled it out. We don't talk as much as we use to. I miss him a lot. Anyway that I could get him back to liking me? It would really help.

by MarisaMermaid99 on 11/23/2012 4:53:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
So I'm in a dilema. I really like this guy, and I KNOW he likes me back. At least I do now. See, he's in my homeroom and I always catch him staring, and sometimes he'll go to some interesting extremes so sit by me or be able to talk to me. On a class trip about a week ago, he was very flirty and friendly, and I texted his friend to find out who he liked because guys do not act as friendly as he was acting if they don't like a girl. My/his friend told me that he didn't like me, and I tried to talk to him about it but things just got really awkward. That day when I talked to him, he was avoiding me, but he's continuously gotten closer but not to the same point he was. I'm trying to put him out of my head but everything reminds me of him! It's so frustrating! I don't know what to do, because I feel like he was lying and I don't know why. I don't know if he's worth it, and I don't know what to do. Please help!

Hey girl, to me it sounds like he's def into you, but shy about having a GF. It was smart to go to his friend first, so that you didn't make him nervous and scare him off. Plus the fact that he went back to his flirty ways after a few days is a good sign he's still into you. Shy guys are a common problem at your age because many have never had their first GF so don't let it discourage you. It's important to make moves though since it seems to always be on your mind. I'd chat his friend up again, maybe he has some new info. Let him know that you like him but your not looking for anything serious yet...maybe your guy will be more open to responding to something like this knowing there's no pressure to immediately ask you out. If this doesn't work, I'd lessen your flirting back. It's not fair for him to give you all this attention and lead you on if he's gonna back out. That extreme may just be the sign he needs to realize he needs to admit his true feelings. And even if they aren't there, it still seems like you have fun with each other no matter what!

Jenn S.

by mainemadegirl on 11/23/2012 2:48:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay so I have a bit of a problem. I really like one of my best guy friends and I think he might like me back. The problem is, I'm not allowed to date and I would never go behind my parents' backs to date him. I want him to know how I feel and I want to know how he feels about me, but I keep worrying about what would happen afterwards. Help!

Hey chickee, major props to you for respecting the rules of your 'rents. Even though you can't date yet, you'll feel so much better getting these feelings off your chest so I would def talk to your crush. If he feels the same way, just take it day by day! Let him know you can't date yet and talk to your parents about setting a certain age you are both comfortable with. Bring him around as a friend so they can become comfortable with you guys hanging out. If he's worth it he'll be fine waiting around for you, and remaining your friend in the meantime.

Jenn S.

by RockMusicFanatic on 11/23/2012 10:38:01 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
So I'm in this insane love triangle. My crushes best friend (n) really likes me and we talk a lot but I am more into my crush (j) j knows that n likes me so he isn't talking to me because he doesn't want to hurt his friend. I don't want to lead n on but he's becoming one of my best guy friends and I don't want to hurt him and lose him. I recently started talking to j and he's really funny and cute and I really like him but because of n me and j can't be together. How do I let n down easy without losing him as a friend and get to know j better and gain confidence? N makes it easy to talk to j because they're always with eachother and I talk to them both. I feel like j might secretly like me because he teases n about how I like him (j) and he likes my pictures and status' on facebook and stuff. . . Help me please? Thanks mod!

Hey girlie, I totally understand that you don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings but at the end of the say you gotta go with your gut and go for the guy your into, not the one you feel obligated to give attention to. Since your all friends, he should be respectful of your decision and withhold any grudges. You could also suggest setting him up with one of your girl friends you think he'd be perfect for as a way to deflect attention from you and J and keep him happy! But its best to act soon so your not leading anyone on. A very similar thing happened to me and I withheld my true feelings for too long. Once me and my crush finally got together, and because we handled it respectfully just as you are trying to do, no one got hurt and we are all still friends to this day. Good luck and check out this article for more help

Jenn S.

by samileigh13 on 11/23/2012 10:05:39 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I've been sick with the flu for two days now and am still super sick :-( So I'll be staying home tomorrow on Thanksgiving while my family goes to my relatives house. All I've done for the past two days is sit in front of the TV and have missed so much at school. I'm doing everything to get better but I still feel so lousy.
I'm getting REALLY depressed and sad about everything I'm missing out on and still feeling so sick.
Any advice on how to get through this and somehow keep my spirits up a little? Thanks GL<3

hey girl! I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. try turning off the TV for a bit and pick up a book. whether it's an old favorite or something completely new, it'll give ya something totally new to do. or, try out some new hair and makeup looks. it'll give ya something to do and make ya feel better about yourself. GET WELL SOON Smile

xoxo

Katie L.

by maggie183 on 11/21/2012 5:03:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
my BGF has being really awkward, swears frequently, etc, and insults my stuff which shouldn't be a big deal because it's just stuff. But now every time I look at it I'm like "is that really true?" and it's hard for me to wear that stuff anymore and he made fun of my evil eye bracelet even though HE KNOWS about it and he knows it's important to me and it's important my family. Also, I went into town with some friends (not including him) and was really happy afterwards, the happiest I'd been in at least a week, and he totally ruined my mood and made me sad. I would just walk away from our friendship, but he's been my friend for over 10 years. He's turned into someone else. I'm hanging out with him for 4 hours tonight. What can I do then, and what can I do in school when I see him?
Thank you so much!

hey girl! He sounds totally rude, and if i were you I'd make new friends and say goodbye to this dude. But if you wanna try and patch things up, you're gonna have to talk about it. Tell him, head on, he makes you feel bad about yourself and what you wear. This may embarrass him, but he needs to hear it. Hopefully you two can work things out!

xoxo

Katie L.

by ste22 on 11/21/2012 4:46:04 PM

My grade is FILLED with flirty people. It seems like every guy is taken or is already interested in someone else! I'm having trouble finding someone I really like. How can I find "the one" and make sure he's only interested in me?

hey girl! just look out for guys who share your interests and gives you butterflies. theres no formula, crushes just happen. get close to him and see if he makes any moves. good luck!

xoxo