7 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

10 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

11 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

What to say (and do) to reel him in

Okay, so you’ve settled into the school year, gotten used to the classes and prepped for the coming cold weather. There’s only one thing left on your...

MOD MOD MOD!
Okay so I like this guy in my school but he hardly notices me... I think. So we are in different classes but when we switch he is in my class. He doesn't sit next to me but sometimes I catch him looking at me. I just glance up and his eyes are on me. The tough thing is though he is... you could say part of the popular crowd. I live on the same street as the popular queen of the school. Sometimes he walks home with her and their friends. I don't know how to approach him. Please help. I want to break the ice between us. Please!!!!!!

Hey! next time you see him, smile and say hi. Keep doing that whenever yuo see him, and eventually strike up a conversation about school, homework, music, or common interests. you can do it!

Helen S.

by Sarcastic_Rainbow on 4/18/2013 6:53:42 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!
I really like this guy. We've known each other since we were babies and our families are pretty close. When we are alone or just with his brother hes funny sweet and sorta flirty but when we're with our friends he shuts me out and is sorta a jerk. I don't want to make things awkward but I really like him! What do I do?!?!? Please help!!!

Hey girl, you might want to have a chat with him about his uncool behavior and then decide whether or not to ask him out.  Check out GL's ice breakers for helpful boy advice.  Best of luck!

Karin E.

by ashley1467 on 2/18/2013 12:50:59 PM

MOD
I have liked this guy for about a year. He used to date my best friend and he is a year older then me. We don't really know each other that well and my friends wants us to. We are both in the play and practices start soon, and my friend wants to introduce us. I am super nervous cause I know people who like him and I don't feel like my friend is over. Plus what if I make a total fool out of myself when he talks to me?

Hey girlie,

If your friend is the one who wants to introduce you, I would trust that she is over him! I wouldn't be nervous, just try to be casual when you meet him and start a small convo about something like school, and then go from there.

by lizzierox on 1/14/2013 6:45:32 PM

Mod mod!!
There's this boy I like and we both are in the same practice time and shoot at the same time. He is REEEEEEALLY good, and I'm okay at it, and I want to ask him for some tips and pointers but I'm way too nervous! I shoot next to him when the spot isn't filled and I'm not too nervous. Is there any ways to subtly ask him how to shoot better and how to talk to him without freezing up and wanting to run away?

Hey girl, since you're right there next to him, you should definitely just ask. When you're text to him just miss really bad and make sure he sees, then say "oh my gosh, i need some pointers! would you mind helping me?!" and he will totally help!

lauren r.

by nerd_girl_lotr on 1/13/2013 10:15:09 AM

MOD.
There's a guy that I like and I thought that he liked me too, but he might have changed his mind. He doesn't talk to me that much anymore, and I overheard his friends telling him to go out with a girl that he's friends with & has been talking to a lot lately. DO you think I should keep trying to see if he likes me? I'm really deciding on giving up, even though I don't want to.

Hey! You have to move on from this guy. I know it's hard, but just try to concentrate on other things for a while, like your friends or an activity you love. It's tough now but every day your life will bring you something new to learn about or help with or share with someone, and when you make the most of your days, you'll move on even sooner than you think. I hope this helps girl! Smile

Helen S.

by sweetari95 on 1/10/2013 7:40:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! ok, soo there's this guy ik and kinda like.. and so to bring in the new year and start fresh I decided to idk, maybe try it out even though I don't really feel like dating.. and so I invited him with a group of friends to see a scary movie with me... and last nite he must of taken that as a sign because he told me he LOVES me! I don't know if I even like him! i'm just experimenting and having fun! what do I do?????? is it ok to avoid him?????? D: please help!

Hey girl,

It's definitely okay to avoid him, or you could try talking to him and telling him how love is veryyy different from liking. Tell him you just wanna have fun and try things out. The sooner he knows your intentions the sooner he might be able to understand them. Just be honest! xoxo

alexis g.

by lalalagurl on 1/1/2013 12:16:44 PM

Sorry its so long!
Okay, so i developed a crush on this guy im friends with. We talk quite a bit but only when we have to sit together in classes. He has once approached me to talk for a bit which gave me the idea that he might like me, nd he leans in to talk to me and he laughs at nearly everything i say. And when im upset he always tries to cheer me up on facebook but not in person? So i had an idea that he might like me...then he told me that he really liked this other girl and asked me to help get them together. I was devastated but we are friends so i couldnt say no. So i spoke to her and found out that she dosent like him back. I told him this and he was upset so i was there to comfort him and we had a really long talk cheering eachother up, but every other convo we have is just normal friendly talk. I think he just likes me as a friend but i like him way more than that and he has shown signs that he may like me too, but im unsure if he is just being friendly?! Please help me!

Hey girl,

It sounds like he might want to work on developing your friendship a little more before taking things to the next level, especially if he recently told you he liked another girl. Try continuing to strengthen your friendship and hang out as friends, and you never know what will happen in the future! In the meantime, it doesn't hurt to keep your options open to other guys Smile

by BestBiebers on 12/29/2012 9:24:18 PM

While we encourage an open environment on Girlslife.com, some blogger babes may find your comment offensive or inappropriate. Please discontinue to ask or comment about this subject and talk to a parent, trusted friend or guidance counselor. Love and thanks! , Your Blog Patrol Babes

by Damionjay on 12/29/2012 12:33:25 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ive liked this guy for a little while and i think he likes me. He loves to make me laugh and if im sad he will do anything just to get me to smile, he talks to me everyday(well everyday at school) he likes to come up behind me and tickle me to make me jump, he looks straight into my eyes, ive caught him starring at me, he walks withme to class and out of school, in one class he laid next to me during a movie and kept getting closer and our hands kept brushing,he thinks im funny, he talks about me to his friends, we had a dance and he came over to our group and danced next to me, and at the dance he even pulled my out of the group to talk with me, at lunch he sits with his friends but will come over and talk to me and if he walks by he will do something to get me to notice him, and he always hits me (not hard) he knows ill hit back and we "battle" eachother. He talks to a lot of girls but he does little things and likes to be aroud me.Is it me or does he like me? Thanks

It seems like he's totally into you! By all your description, you should go for it!
mailyse f.

by HopeIsNotHopeless on 12/26/2012 2:01:57 PM

Can I get some advice? Ok...I've fallen for an friend. I've only seen him maybe 3 times, but our families have met, and we'll be going to ACDA in Texas together. The big problem is that he's just turned 19 and I'm turning 15 in a week and a half. I don't have an issue with ages, but I don't know how to talk to him. He gave me a hug last time I saw him in person, and we're friends on Facebook. I'm not sure how to reach out to him though. Does he notice me like that? Am I just a "little buddy" and he's liking college girls? How can I get to spend time with him? Help???

by worldcitizen13 on 12/22/2012 10:44:54 AM

Hi Frown I need some advice. I've fallen for my bgf, who a few months ago, agreed to be friends with benefits (Just Kissing though) with me. I'm happy and all, but I always want to be more. At school, we're careful not to let anyone know our status, but I kinda want them to know. I've talked to him about a relationship before but he said that he's scared of them. What does that mean? I know I like him, does he like me? Whenever I go out with another guy friend, he gets jealous and asks if I had a better time with the other guy than him. If he doesnt want me out with other guys, why wont he commit then? Idk... please help!

Hey girl,

If you both agreed not to be in a relationship, you can't be too upset with him for not wanting to commit yet. But if you find yourself continually wanting to be more than what you are now, maybe you should take a break from physical contact for a while. It will help you get your mind off him and give him a chance to think about what he wants. Focus on spending time with your family and other friends and enjoy the holiday!

by Munrocake on 12/21/2012 9:03:43 PM

I've liked this guy for a really long time now. Over a year. He's graduating this year, and I really wanna tell him how I feel, but there's a catch. My good friend told me that she just developed a crush on him too, but she didn't want to tell me because I liked him before her. I know she can't help it, but it just makes me so angry! And what's worse is that she gets to talk to him more in class because she sits near him, and she grins and giggles when she talks to him, and now he talks to her more than he talks to me. It really makes me so sad because I like him so much and she's just better at getting his attention. I see them talking and it puts me in a less approachable mood, so the cycle continues. I just really want to tell him, but if I do it now, he'll most likely not feel the same way, and the rest of the year will be awkward. But if I wait, what if I find out that he felt the same way, and then it's too late? It's just really confusing and discouraging. Advice?

Hey girl! Such a tough one, but the best advice I have is to be brave. Try to strike up convos with him and develop your own friendship separate from the one he shares with your friend. Be confident and smile. If he likes you, he will let you know.

xo

Taeler L.

by macca21 on 12/20/2012 7:56:50 PM

So there's this guy that I kind of like in my social studies. I can't figure out if he likes me back or not... Most of the time he is teasing me and calling my names, but he never really seems serious or nasty when he says it. So I'm pretty sure he's just joking. And I've also heard that when a guy likes you he can be mean to you.. Lately he's been asking me questions like if I play any sports, if I play any instruments, if I have a dog etc. I think he's trying to get to know me better, but I'm still not sure if this means he likes me or if he's just curious and wants to be friends. On top of all this he talks with a lot of other girls and he doesn't seem to tease them like he teases me... So I hope they're just friends. And lastly I know that he recently got out of a relationship with another girl a few months ago. Ps: I also noticed that when he talks to me he's not shy and he looks straight into my eyes... help!!!!!! Does it sound like he likes me??

by Noodles03 on 12/18/2012 6:06:59 PM

Ok so I like this guy. We have a Really,Really complicated past. He used to be do mean to me, and I was horrible back. Now it's a few years latter and we are not mean to each other much. I think it's because we both have kinda grown up a little since then. Now he'll tease me about how stupid I was and I tease him back. He sits across from me in one of my classes, and a couple times I have looked up to see him possibly looking at me. I'm not sure though if its me, since I sit with my back to the teacher! Any advice?

by jelly_bean on 12/18/2012 6:00:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
So I have a Winter Formal coming up in two months. And the girls have to ask the guys to the dance. Well there is this guy who I want to ask, but I feel awkward around guys and I am terrible at flirting. Plus I never had a boyfriend so I have no experience. But I really want to ask this guy but I don't know how to approach him and talk to him. I see him glance at me in the hallways (Especially when I have a cute outfit on.) but I'm not sure what to do. Please help!

Hey chica, check out our "Icebreakers" page for some cute ideas of how to approach this guy.  Once you've talked to him a few times, then muster the courage to ask him out.  You can do it!  Have fun at your Winter Formal!

Karin E.

by vicky162 on 12/12/2012 11:30:20 AM

Help!!! so there is this boy that i like...but he is in eighth grade and im in seventh. he also danced with another eighth grade girl at the dance last night. Do you think that we have a chance? He told my friend that he used to like me in fifth grade? I wouldnt do anything to my friend who danced with him. but still, i want to dance with him!

Hey girl,

One year shouldn't be too much of an age difference, and if he used to like you that's a good sign! If he's dating the friend that he danced with, you should leave them alone, but if they're only friends and you want to dance with him, there's nothing wrong with asking him to dance next time!

by happygirl5457 on 12/10/2012 8:53:51 PM

MOD MOD
So the guy I like he always stares at me and when I try to talk to him he always smiles and he jokes around and says funny stuff in class and always looks at me when he does it ,does it mean he likes me or???

Hey girlie, all of these are great signs. Seems like he wants to make sure you notice when he's clownin around and is tryin to catch your eye. Start a convo with him, take the next step! Tell him how funny you thought his joke in class was, go for it!

Jenn S.

by Music lover 155 on 12/6/2012 8:53:44 PM

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... ................................................................................................................................................................................................Smile

by nisson101 on 12/4/2012 5:37:49 PM

blah ble bloo bloo...... Smile just ask a sib they'll hook ya up...

by nisson101 on 12/4/2012 5:36:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!
helppp!
okay, so i kinda like these 2 boys. lets call them will and luke. ive liked will scince the beginning of school but hes the kind of boy who knows hes cute. i started liking luke a few weeks ago and today i found out that he likes my best friend. i didnt like him that much but for some reason that really brought me down... will is really funny and nice.. i havent been acting like myself lately, more like a follower. Is there anything i an do to be more myself, independent? also, how can i get over luke and be more talkative with will??

Hey girl,

The great thing is that you don't have to choose between them! If you want to develop more of your own personality, try figuring out what you like to do and following that. If you've always wanted to try out for the school play or take piano lessons, talk to your parents about doing that! Once you figure out your talents and interests, you will have a better sense of who you are, although it's totally okay to explore different options and change your mind! If you want to be more talkative with the first guy, just start a casual conversation about school or set up a study date to do homework together! If you get to know him as friends you will become more comfortable around him.

by glam on 12/3/2012 8:01:13 PM

mod mod mod mod! hi. so i really like a guy in my class. my friends say he most likely likes me too. in your opinion, is it a bad thing for a girl to ask a guy out? if not, then how should i ask him?

It's not a bad thing at all for a girl to ask a guy out.  You go, girl!  Try to find a time when you can talk to him without lots of other people around & suggest a cute date idea.  You got this!

Karin E.

by lili-ana on 12/3/2012 2:29:50 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
So Winter dance is coming up on the 21st and there's this guy in band I wanna ask. Not as a bf,just to go with. Have fun. But anyways,he asked my bff but she turned him down and we are really close. But I am scared to ask him because no guy at my school likes me and if he says no,girls will harrass me till the day I die and make jokes. Frown Help please?

Hey girlie, you can't assume that boys don't like you. Go for it! When you ask him, specify that you just want to go as friends. If he says no, someone might say something about it, but they'll get bored and move on to make fun of someone else soon enough.

Lauren T.

by rx7871 on 12/2/2012 5:46:29 PM

MOD MOD!! I've liked this guy for about a year now. I catch him staring at me a lot and last year in health he said that " I have a unique personality, when I'm happy it makes him perk up, and that I look good in anything". I used to have a lot of classes with him, but now we only have social studies and we sit on opposite sides of the room. What should I do??

Hey girl, well outside of class pull him aside and maybe start a study group to talk to him!

lauren r.

by KXjqu238 on 12/2/2012 1:21:15 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi! so i really like this boy who is in my 5th hour at school. people keep telling me he likes me too. One of the problems is that hes in 8th grade and im in 7th... Another thing is that he grabs my butt all the time and were not even going out... i dont ask guys out so what should i do?

Hey girl, if you're interested in him talk to him more. It definitely sounds like he's interested in you. I think you should just talk to him, start to subtly ask him who he's interested in. There's nothing wrong with a girl asking a guy out, I think you should just do it!

lauren r.

by shysweetie on 12/1/2012 8:22:38 AM

MOD!!
I've had a crush on a guy in a long time. Last week he asked me for my number and we haven't stopped texting since. Does that mean he likes me? Sometimes I feel like I may be getting annoying and I worry he will just stop talking to me.... HElP!!

Hey girl, he might like you or he might just want to be friends, but you can find out if you keep getting to know him! If you think you are talking too much, try letting him text you first once in a while and try to talk in person, too. Good luck!

by megkoe on 11/30/2012 9:05:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I like a guy. And his best friend. Whenever I talk to either of them, my palms get sweaty and I kinda stumble over my words then I think 'Wow, you TOTALYY blew that'. Is there anything I can do to talk to him and not stumble or freak out? Thanks Smile

Hey girl, by taking a deep breath and just reminding yourself he likes you and wants to spend time with you as a friend at least. Remember he's not any more intimidating than anyone else and take a deep breath. Just be you, and that confidence will shine and make its mark.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by LivieLoo on 11/26/2012 6:05:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I just realized something, whenever I really really like a guy, I get really mean. I'm not exactly known for being nice, but when I'm with my crush I'm downright rude. I always say kind of impolite things, but I'm always joking and I always make sure the other person knows that. When I'm talking to my crush, I literally forget to laugh/smile and its like I'm insulting them for no reason. I have no idea what to do, and all my crushes are going to hate me soon!

Hey emroxlol, you need to start making it clear that you are just joking, or don't insult them at all. Catch yourself before you say something rude and try a compliment instead. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by emroxlol on 11/25/2012 9:56:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!! i have a huuuuge crush on this boy at my school (i think i'm in love with him!) but the problem is: i'm 12 and in 6th grade, and he's a senior in high school!!! i really love him, and i'm always trying to convince myself that i have a chance with him. do i have a chance? is it possible? HELP! what should i do???

Hey gymcat, girl he is kinda older. He'll be leaving for college and you will only be in 10th grade. Are there any cuties in your grade? Xoxo

Lynae P.

by gymcat on 11/25/2012 11:19:52 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!I have a little prob with this one guy I really like. Okay let's say his name is Luke. I knew Luke before anyone else because his older brother and my older brother play baseball together. I met him over spring break last year and we REALLY connected. So this year, He is at my school and we had two classes together: Math and Spanish. And we really bonded in September. But now, he switched out of my Spanish and the only class I have with him is math now. I recently found out that he liked me at the beginning of the year. But there are a bunch of other girls that currently like him. He has COMPLETELY changed since September. I found his planner once and wrote I love you in it then gave it back to him and last time I looked at it, he scribbled it out. We don't talk as much as we use to. I miss him a lot. Anyway that I could get him back to liking me? It would really help.

Hey MarisaMermaid99, do you have his number? Try texting him wassup and ask how he's doing. Maybe ask him on a study date for math. If he doesn't respond to your gestures, then I would let him go. You can't make anyone like you girly. You can only be you and if they can't appreciate that, then forget them. There are too many ute guys out there who deserve your time for you to be sad about this one. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by MarisaMermaid99 on 11/25/2012 9:46:02 AM

MOD!
ive had the biggest crush on this guy since fifth grade(now im in 9th) but im too shy to go up and talk to him. He and i are on different teams and only see each other in the hall. We have some mutual friends but he is even more shy than i am. How can i get him to come talk to me when we both wont start a conversation?

Hey girl,

If you have known each other for years, it won't be too awkward to go up to him and start a conversation. Ask him about school or sports or something casual and let the conversation flow from there! If you have mutual friends, you could ask him to hang out with you and them so it wouldn't be as awkward.

by krazyangel1006 on 11/25/2012 12:34:43 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
So I met the guy I like at my new school in September through one of our mutual friends who lives back at home. We clicked instantly, but we only see each other at band practice, so I gave him my number (at the time I didnt like him like that) and he gave me his. Over the weeks that we got to know each other, we'd often say hi at practice, but we'd text more than we ever really talked. After two months of knowing him, I finally convinced myself to tell him that I like him. I kept it short and to the point, but he never replied back! I waited 24 hours before texting him again, and we went on acting like
nothing had ever happened. Sometimes he finds me at practice & will smile & wave, or if we're walking past each other he'll look at me, say hi & smile when I start to say hi back. We still havent talked about it, so Im wondering if he likes me, likes me? HELP!!!

Hey girl,

He was probably surprised, especially if you told him that over texting. If he hasn't brought it up, I would try to stay friends for now. He knows how you feel, so if he's ready for a relationship, he'll bring it up!

by aeroangel87 on 11/25/2012 12:02:05 AM

My boyfriend is super sweet,he always posts sweet things on my facebook and i really love him..but sometimes i feel like I don't want to date him.Like I'm not totally head over heels for him,and i feel bad cuz he's head over heels for me.I don't really know how to handle it because he gets really jealous.And sometimes I'm totally happy that we're dating.I don't know how to handle my crazy feelings,and maybe my period is just coming or something. I'm just so confused. please help? thank you so much!

Hey girl,

If you think your boyfriend is being too jealous of your other friends, you should bring up the conversation with him directly. Tell him you like the attention he gives you but that you want to hang out with your guy friends, too. And if you're not sure whether or not you like him, you could always ask him to take the relationship a little slower so that you can both be on the same page.

by pinkguitar98 on 11/24/2012 11:52:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I think my crush likes me but I'm not 100% sure. We got to pick our own seats for a class we're in together and he decided to sit right in front of me instead of with his friends. His friend kept asking him why he's not sitting with him and he said he doesn't know. Today my crush talked to me. I was sitting in driver's education and he walked in, sat down, and turned around and asked if I was doing basketball. I said no and that I was doing softball instead. He said isn't that spring sports and I said that they're starting conditioning early. He's pretty shy and never really had a conversation with me so... I don't know if he was disappointed that I wasn't doing basketball because he does basketball and that would have gave us something to talk about. Now I feel bad that I said I was doing basketball this year ,but changed my mind. I'm afraid that he won't ever talk to me again because we have nothing to talk about. I'm really shy so I'm not good at starting conversations.

Hey girl,

If he started a conversation with you, he might like you or he at least wants to be friends! You don't have to play basketball if you don't want to, though--if you both like sports, that already gives you something to talk about! Next time you could start the conversation and ask him about school or his other hobbies. If he talked to you once, he would be interested in talking to you again!

by medapop on 11/24/2012 11:30:51 PM

Everyone in school thinks I'm weird because I have a emo haircut with pink highlights and I like Dubstep and Death Metal music. How do I stand up to heaters without getting in trouble?

Hey girl, don't worry about what other people say, just be true to yourself! You don't have to stand up to them by staging a scene, but if they say something mean to you, tell them you are comfortable with who you are, even if you like different things from them.

by rockerchic123456789 on 11/24/2012 9:55:46 PM

MOD!! Last one I promise, I just wanna thank you for your help!!! LaughingLaughing

by Littlepuppygirl on 11/24/2012 9:15:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD (tie this to my last comment)

I mean, this guy is a little inappropriate, but he's nice, and he's more than that. I mean, I really like him, but I don't know what to do!

by Littlepuppygirl on 11/24/2012 9:12:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD!! (Meghan)
So here's the thing. Guys in my grade, are totally inappropriate. My mom would not let me go with him anywhere, even in a group. But, I don't even really know HOW THIS HAPPENED, and so I mean, if she finds out, she's gonna be really mad. On the bright side, I'm not like going OUT with him (literally, like going somewhere), but it would still upset my mom. My mom knows I have guy friends, and she's ok with that, but she wouldn't be ok with a boyfriend.

Hey girl,

Maybe you could just let her know you have a bf but that you're not "dating" and won't be going on dates. That way you are still honest with her!

by Littlepuppygirl on 11/24/2012 9:11:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I have a boyfriend, kinda. I agreed, but there is NO way my parents'll let me date. I'm only in 6th grade. He's really sweet, and I really like him, but I'm afraid that my mom will find out and like kill me. I get where my mom is coming from "you can't date in 6th grade are you crazy?" but it seems like she won't let me date in 7 or 8th grade. I mean, I have a brother in 9th grade, and he's not even dating!! My boyfriend leaves next year, to a private school. I'm just really confused!!

Hey girl,

If you are upfront with your mom about it now, she will appreciate your honesty and maybe you can reach a compromise. Would she let you talk on the phone if it is before a certain hour at night, or could you hang out with him if it was with a group of your friends? Try to have a calm conversation with her about your boyfriend and explain why you like him, and maybe you can reach a midpoint! It would be better to tell her than have her find out later and be upset that you kept it from her.

by Littlepuppygirl on 11/24/2012 9:03:49 PM

I'm always really friendly and we hang out together a lot with other friends from the theatre group. I'm just afraid he's confusing my friendliness with a crush.

Hey! He might be, but you know the truth and that's what's important. So just keep being friendly. if he asks you can set him straight, but other than that there's nothing wrong with just being his friend if you know that's how you feel about him.

Helen S.

by starringlola on 11/24/2012 3:41:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
i'm working on all of these things with my crush, even the asking him to hang out (hobbit at midnight???maybe...). we talk SO much more this year than we have ever before, and he initiates lots of conversations with me and my friends. slight/possible problem: he's very chatty in that he will talk to whomever is around. how do i know if he's into me? also, we both point out the occasional awkwardness of our conversations. he thinks that it was because i knew about his surprise party for a while, but that's not it. i'm pretty shy and really only just got enough courage to uphold my end of the conversation. he doesn't know this, but he does know that i am pretty chatty with most everyone else, just not him. how can i get that comfortable with him? just talking to him more? and what should my next move be?

Hey! It sounds to me like you really like this guy Smile congrats, it can be fun to have a crush. The best way to deal with this is to be his friend and see if something more happens naturally. I have seen so many girls get hurt and ruin friendships because they "had to know" if someone liked them, and they asked the guy about it and made the whole situation awkward. I even did that myself when I was younger. It's better to have a secret crush on your friend than to have a public crush on your ex-friend. good luck!

Helen S.

by the_last_ninja on 11/24/2012 3:25:17 PM

So I really liked this guy from my theatre school over the summer, and we became better friends, but then he found out I liked him. He told me about this in a really kind way, said unfortunately he didn't like me back, but added that he loved being my friend and he wanted to continue getting to be better friends. I was bummed but not too devastated since he still wanted to be friends. but recently he's been really stand-offish around me. I think it's because he thinks i still like him. how do I convince him that I'm over him and get our friendship back to where it used to be before the crush silliness?

Hey! You have to show him that you're ready to be friends again. Say hi to him  and invite him to hang out in a group sometime Smile good luck!

Helen S.

by starringlola on 11/24/2012 3:23:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Thanks super much Smile <3

by goofyball2246 on 11/23/2012 10:39:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!! Smile
I really like this one guy... lets call him Enrique. He is a total player and loves basketball... and possibly has a crush on my friend. I'm a naturally energetic person but I'm afraid I'm annoying him when I text him- he replies with one word answers and never texts me first. I was wondering if there are ways for me to calm down a bit and give me a better chance with him... and some flirting/texting tips?? Thanks sooo much!!

Hey girl,

If it seems like he's giving you short answers, maybe wait for him to text you first next time, or try talking to him in person instead of texting! Check out our Ice Breakers section for TONS of great flirting tips Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/ice-breakers.aspx

by goofyball2246 on 11/23/2012 10:20:28 PM

by MarisaMermaid99 on 11/23/2012 4:53:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
So I'm in a dilema. I really like this guy, and I KNOW he likes me back. At least I do now. See, he's in my homeroom and I always catch him staring, and sometimes he'll go to some interesting extremes so sit by me or be able to talk to me. On a class trip about a week ago, he was very flirty and friendly, and I texted his friend to find out who he liked because guys do not act as friendly as he was acting if they don't like a girl. My/his friend told me that he didn't like me, and I tried to talk to him about it but things just got really awkward. That day when I talked to him, he was avoiding me, but he's continuously gotten closer but not to the same point he was. I'm trying to put him out of my head but everything reminds me of him! It's so frustrating! I don't know what to do, because I feel like he was lying and I don't know why. I don't know if he's worth it, and I don't know what to do. Please help!

Hey girl, to me it sounds like he's def into you, but shy about having a GF. It was smart to go to his friend first, so that you didn't make him nervous and scare him off. Plus the fact that he went back to his flirty ways after a few days is a good sign he's still into you. Shy guys are a common problem at your age because many have never had their first GF so don't let it discourage you. It's important to make moves though since it seems to always be on your mind. I'd chat his friend up again, maybe he has some new info. Let him know that you like him but your not looking for anything serious yet...maybe your guy will be more open to responding to something like this knowing there's no pressure to immediately ask you out. If this doesn't work, I'd lessen your flirting back. It's not fair for him to give you all this attention and lead you on if he's gonna back out. That extreme may just be the sign he needs to realize he needs to admit his true feelings. And even if they aren't there, it still seems like you have fun with each other no matter what!

Jenn S.

by mainemadegirl on 11/23/2012 2:48:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay so I have a bit of a problem. I really like one of my best guy friends and I think he might like me back. The problem is, I'm not allowed to date and I would never go behind my parents' backs to date him. I want him to know how I feel and I want to know how he feels about me, but I keep worrying about what would happen afterwards. Help!

Hey chickee, major props to you for respecting the rules of your 'rents. Even though you can't date yet, you'll feel so much better getting these feelings off your chest so I would def talk to your crush. If he feels the same way, just take it day by day! Let him know you can't date yet and talk to your parents about setting a certain age you are both comfortable with. Bring him around as a friend so they can become comfortable with you guys hanging out. If he's worth it he'll be fine waiting around for you, and remaining your friend in the meantime.

Jenn S.

by RockMusicFanatic on 11/23/2012 10:38:01 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
So I'm in this insane love triangle. My crushes best friend (n) really likes me and we talk a lot but I am more into my crush (j) j knows that n likes me so he isn't talking to me because he doesn't want to hurt his friend. I don't want to lead n on but he's becoming one of my best guy friends and I don't want to hurt him and lose him. I recently started talking to j and he's really funny and cute and I really like him but because of n me and j can't be together. How do I let n down easy without losing him as a friend and get to know j better and gain confidence? N makes it easy to talk to j because they're always with eachother and I talk to them both. I feel like j might secretly like me because he teases n about how I like him (j) and he likes my pictures and status' on facebook and stuff. . . Help me please? Thanks mod!

Hey girlie, I totally understand that you don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings but at the end of the say you gotta go with your gut and go for the guy your into, not the one you feel obligated to give attention to. Since your all friends, he should be respectful of your decision and withhold any grudges. You could also suggest setting him up with one of your girl friends you think he'd be perfect for as a way to deflect attention from you and J and keep him happy! But its best to act soon so your not leading anyone on. A very similar thing happened to me and I withheld my true feelings for too long. Once me and my crush finally got together, and because we handled it respectfully just as you are trying to do, no one got hurt and we are all still friends to this day. Good luck and check out this article for more help

Jenn S.

by samileigh13 on 11/23/2012 10:05:39 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I've been sick with the flu for two days now and am still super sick :-( So I'll be staying home tomorrow on Thanksgiving while my family goes to my relatives house. All I've done for the past two days is sit in front of the TV and have missed so much at school. I'm doing everything to get better but I still feel so lousy.
I'm getting REALLY depressed and sad about everything I'm missing out on and still feeling so sick.
Any advice on how to get through this and somehow keep my spirits up a little? Thanks GL<3

hey girl! I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. try turning off the TV for a bit and pick up a book. whether it's an old favorite or something completely new, it'll give ya something totally new to do. or, try out some new hair and makeup looks. it'll give ya something to do and make ya feel better about yourself. GET WELL SOON Smile

xoxo

Katie L.

by maggie183 on 11/21/2012 5:03:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
my BGF has being really awkward, swears frequently, etc, and insults my stuff which shouldn't be a big deal because it's just stuff. But now every time I look at it I'm like "is that really true?" and it's hard for me to wear that stuff anymore and he made fun of my evil eye bracelet even though HE KNOWS about it and he knows it's important to me and it's important my family. Also, I went into town with some friends (not including him) and was really happy afterwards, the happiest I'd been in at least a week, and he totally ruined my mood and made me sad. I would just walk away from our friendship, but he's been my friend for over 10 years. He's turned into someone else. I'm hanging out with him for 4 hours tonight. What can I do then, and what can I do in school when I see him?
Thank you so much!

hey girl! He sounds totally rude, and if i were you I'd make new friends and say goodbye to this dude. But if you wanna try and patch things up, you're gonna have to talk about it. Tell him, head on, he makes you feel bad about yourself and what you wear. This may embarrass him, but he needs to hear it. Hopefully you two can work things out!

xoxo

Katie L.

by ste22 on 11/21/2012 4:46:04 PM

My grade is FILLED with flirty people. It seems like every guy is taken or is already interested in someone else! I'm having trouble finding someone I really like. How can I find "the one" and make sure he's only interested in me?

hey girl! just look out for guys who share your interests and gives you butterflies. theres no formula, crushes just happen. get close to him and see if he makes any moves. good luck!

xoxo

Katie L.

by YouCanCallMeCat on 11/21/2012 3:50:16 PM

I usually compliment guys and smile at them a lot to show them I'm into them. I <3 movie dates too. Smile

by YouCanCallMeCat on 11/21/2012 3:40:59 PM

Good advice I've needed this!

*******************************HEYGIRLS!!!!!!**************************************
You need some advice on boys, mean girls, books, friendship troubles, family, holidays, ANYTHING? Or do u just want to chat about nothing in particular?
JOIN CLUB ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most positions are open, PLS JOIN LOVE YA!!!!!!!!

by puddinface7 on 11/21/2012 3:07:04 PM

Mod mod mod
There's this boy at my tae kwon do that I think likes me. He likes to tickle my chin, rest his arm on my shoulder, and once at a haunted house last month he told me that he grabbed my leg. I think I kind of like him too. The problem is that I don't wanna tell him "I like you" because I told another boy that, and he avoids me now. How can you let a boy know you like him without telling him "I like you"? Also, what's a cute/creative way to do it?

Hey girl! Try dropping some not-so-subtle hints at him. Flirt back with him, ask him to hangout, just generally get to know him better. Good luck chica!

xoxo

Katie L.

by isabellec on 11/21/2012 1:02:21 PM

Okay so there is this guy in my class and i dont really know if i like him, but we have been flirting back and forth for a while so i wanna hang out with hum outside of school for once. I dont really want it to be a date but it will be boys and girls. I dont know how to ask him to hang out either!! also what could i wear and what kind of makeup i dont want to scare him off but i wanna get to know him more!! THank you sooo much!!!!
XO

hey girl! plan a get together with a group of guy and girl friends and invite him. it depends on where you're going as for what you should wear....but I think tights, boots, a skirt, tight shirt, warm jacket, and scarf would look great and not be too dressy or casual. try a light smoky eye and some nude lips for makeup! good luck chica.

xoxo

Katie L.

by dancer8608 on 11/21/2012 12:27:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So my ex boyfriend (lets call him Alex) has a nickname for me. The nickname is shorty even though im not short but just compared to him(Im 5'6 haha). Do you think its weird that he gave me a nick name? my friend keeps telling me he still likes me and she thinks its adorable that he calls me shorty. So I guess my question is, Is it weird that he calls me shorty or is it just me????
-claire

hey girl! just the fact that he calls you shorty doesn't mean he likes you. it is cute though! look for other signs to read the situation. good luck!

xoxo

Katie L.

by tampagirl<3 on 11/21/2012 11:51:59 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD my crush has done so many of these to me,the be your self one, we did a puppet show for a project and he is a four yearold on the inside (in a cute way) he complimented me a on my sewing for the puppet show and asked if i ever stuck myself w. the needle a lot, talked about when we were in group project together in 5th grade and he is always joking. this probably sounds stupid but does he like me????

hey girl! well it's hard to tell, but he definitely sounds interested in you. I'm glad my article helped ya out! keep flirting with him and see where it leads. good luck Smile

xoxo

Katie L.

by favcolorgreen on 11/21/2012 11:32:51 AM

I say compliments (or do) body language to reel a guy in. The tip I will try first is Body Language.

by otter77 on 11/21/2012 11:17:17 AM

If the names Shawn Spencer and Burton Guster mean anything to you, join the Psych fanclub! We need members to join the club though! Hurry hurry!

by katgirly on 11/21/2012 10:34:06 AM

i feel like that stuff shows a lil too much, cuz wut if he doesnt like u?!?!?!

by VeveJen on 11/21/2012 10:16:42 AM

Awww thanks GL!!! Ur like a big sis that tells u all the things u need to know about LIFE! Wish my big sis would do this. Id say ALWAYS SMILE! It lets him know ur happy about life and make u more approachable!

by serenitybaum on 11/21/2012 10:07:28 AM

MOD!
There is this guy I like and in the last two years I have been able to easily talk to him, but now I get kind of tongued tied and do not know what to say. I want to keep the conversation going, but I have no idea what to say. When I looked back on the end of last year, it kinda seemed like he may have liked me, but I don't know. I enjoy talking to him and for the past few months it has only been chat over facebook. We say hi in the halls on occasion and I talked to him some at a club meeting today. I'm not sure, but I thought while I was getting a water bottle and then looked up, he was looking a me with a smile, but who knows. I am afraid that if I talk with him too often we will run out of things to talk about. Thanks!

hey girls! you should totally be talking to a guy if you like him. how else will you get close?! try and take the conversation offline by walking with him in the hallways or inviting him to hangout (as friends) outside of school.

xoxo

Katie L.

by Bridgge2010 on 11/21/2012 7:42:16 AM

*****************JOIN STYLE ADVICE!***********************

My club, Style Advice! gives you great ideas for fashion and style! I post a new tip every single day! We would like more members than we already have now, and we would love you to join! We will answer your questions if you have any asap! Smile Thanks for reading this! See you there! Smile -averya

*******************JOIN STYLE ADVICE NOW!!!!**************