6 HOURS AGO Anna & Elsa are servin' up some major hairspo! #PrincessStat: http://t.co/dQpwHoErKm

9 HOURS AGO Swap out your fatty foods for clean nom-worthy treats: http://t.co/HvO68YoFFc

10 HOURS AGO Color-changing nail polish just may be the coolest thing ever: http://t.co/sJVrKrDBFm

COMMENTS

Help! My BGF has a serious medical condition

My guy friend was just diagnosed with Crohn’s disease. I don’t know how to act around him because he has changed so much. He is very weird...

My best friend has a bunch of mental disorders namely OCD. How do I not make her feel like the odd one out when she has to order up scraps of paper?

Hey girlie,

I would just treat her the same as you treat your other friends unless she asks you to do something different!

Meghan D.

by WinterK on 2/9/2013 11:42:50 PM

What is Chrones disease?

by twise8484 on 12/29/2012 8:52:05 PM

The first person to join my club is vice predisent and so and so on

by cutechick1 on 12/1/2012 5:33:19 PM

I like this guy I've known since first grade but, he'll joke about me in front of my face and when someone else says something behind my back he'll defend me. What does that mean?

Hey smallville826, mhmm. He probably jokes with you because he thinks you're friends. Joke back and see what happens. He must like you because he defends you. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by smallville826 on 11/29/2012 8:03:38 PM

Hey Girls! This is a LEGIT club about boy advice. Called...Legit Boy Advice! Any questions you have let me know because guess what?! I have 5 brothers and I have each age group of boys that you will have questions for (about ANYTHING)get REAL answers from REAL BOYS themselves! All you have to do is include your age and question and I'll get right too it!

by Chloe<3 on 11/28/2012 1:34:06 AM

Give him time, once his body adjusts to the medication he will go into periods of remission. Doctors have spent years trying to figure out my digestive issues and really do not know anything yet. They thought it was Chron's disease so obviously I know what he is going through. It's a lot to take in. Now he will have to get colonoscopys (the prep is absolutely horrible) every so often. This is something that older adults deal with and it's upseting for us kids that have issues to know that we are going to be placed in this category. The pain is unbearable sometimes, he will probably miss school more often, and will most likely need a 504 plan to make things a little easier. All that is enough to make someone act way out of the ordinary. He will slowly come back once he begins to accept the fact that this diagnosis is always going to be a part of him and there isn't much to do but live life the way he wants to no matter what. Take all of this into consideration and be as nice as possible

by mkmnj on 11/27/2012 4:24:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I have a bit of a problem. Lately I've developed very poor self esteem. I try to eat as little as possible even though I know it's wrong, and whenever I do eat I feel incredibly guilty. I'm never happy with the way I look anymore. I constantly doubt my self in terms of intellegence even though I have the highest marks in my whole grade and I won a scholarship last year! How can I stop seeing myself in such a negative light? Thanks Smile

Hey babe-

It's normal for girls to become their own toughest critic and the mirror is so distorting that it's hard to differentiate between what's really there and what your mind is tricking you into believing. Take a deep breath. When I'm feeling down about myself I make a list of goals I'm working toward. This helps me come back to earth. Then, I think of all of the things I've already accomplished. It's okay to be proud of yourself! Try and make a mental list of all the things you love about your life and yourself. Take baby steps toward loving what you see-- it may not happen over night, but if you make a conscious effort to love yourself in your entirety, you will find that you are not alone in the way that you feel. You should never eat as little as possible. Make sure to eat three meals a day and work toward eating healthy. It will make you feel more energetic and might even brighten your mood! No one is ever happy with themselves 100% of the time, but it's so easy to love yourself when you make an effort to remind yourself of all the amazing things you are capable of.

If you're ever feeling sad about the way you look, or your tempted to skip a meal, confide in a close friend. Talking about things may help you to see it in a different light, and being around people that care for you will help you stay away from destructive habits. xoxo

alexis g.

by RockMusicFanatic on 11/27/2012 9:22:22 AM

MOD
My boyfriend and I have been dating for 15 months. We have a very strong relationship and it's going very well. My best friend and I have only been as close as we are for about half a year. My bff is very religious and has really strong beliefs about doing the right things and stuff. My bf is not religious and does not have beliefs as strong as hers. I'm kind of in the middle. Every time my bff and I talk, if we end up talking about my bf, she hints that she doesn't think he's good for me. When I ask her to elaborate, she tells me she doesnt see us being together for much longer because we're so different. I have talked to my bf about this and he is afraid that she will eventually convince me to break up with him. I just don't like the fact that my best friend doesn't like him. I don't know what to do, because both of them are very important to me and pretty much the only people I have to talk to.

Hey girl, tell them both this the next time they bring it up, particularly your friend. Tell her that she's important to you but your boyfriend is, too and you wish she'd be more supportive of the relationship because you don't see it ending anytime soon. Try to get them together more so they get to know each other (and don't bring up religion when you do). It sounds like your friend's opinion is founded on her own religious beliefs rather than anything he's specifically done. Give her a chance to warm up to him and maybe you'll get her endorsement after all.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by erinthemaster on 11/26/2012 8:32:34 PM

mod
I've been worried about my weight lately. I don't look or seem fat, but I'm 12, 5"1 and weigh 111 pounds!!! and I think I seem chubbier then I was before! I eat a lot because I get hungry a lot, and I'm really scared of getting fat! How do I stop getting hungry? Or, if I can't stop myself from getting hungry, how do I ignore my hunger?? I've eaten less today, how do I keep it up??

Hey girl, first of all, your weight is fine for your height. If you want to control your appetite, however, try opting for healthier snacks. If you're starved, for example, go for an apple rather than chips. Not only is it healthier, but it's more filling! Don't feel you have to starve yourself (you shouldn't; your bod is growing): opt for better quality products (healthier food), not just lowering quantity.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by hermionegirl12 on 11/26/2012 7:42:20 PM

Hey Girls! Join my club called: Legit Boy Advice This is a LEGIT club about boy advice. Any questions you have let me know because guess what?! I have 5 brothers and I have each age group of boys that you will have questions for (about ANYTHING)get REAL answers from REAL BOYS themselves! All you have to do is include your age and question and I'll get right too it!

by Chloe<3 on 11/26/2012 6:19:48 PM

My brother was originally misdiagnosed with Crohn's, but he actually had Colitis. It can be tough sometimes, but just hang in there and support him! It may be difficult for him, especially if he has to go on a special diet like my brother did. If he's anything like my brother, though, he won't like too many personal questions. Make sure to support him, though, because he's probably having a really hard time transitioning!

by oceangurl13 on 11/26/2012 5:46:23 PM

modmodmodmod
ok so today one of my best friends told this guy who i liked when i specifically told her not to the morning before. and of course the guy she told is friends with my crush and now he know i like him. what do i do now? i have almost all of my classes with these two guys so it will be very awkward tomorrow btw. Thanks!

Hey girl, play it as if everything's OK and then see how things pan out. There's no guarantee this guy will tell your crush so try not to assume the worst (and sometimes that little push and spreading of the news can take this sitch from one of inaction to one of action and maybe you ending up as his girlfriend).

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by sailaway11 on 11/26/2012 5:37:50 PM

hi ummm i have a major problem. well to start of i have a bf and bgf and things are going fine with my bf but recently me and my bgf have became tight if you know what i mean. well i know he likes me but he also has a gf so idk im really confused becuase i also kind of like him so idk what to do?!?! Please Help!!!

by slgoethel on 11/26/2012 5:30:01 PM

i have Ulcerative Colitis, which is basically the same thing, just only in your large intestine, not other places. it can be embarrassing at times and can depress you. if a friend of yours has an IBD or IBS (Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, don't ask unless they're open to telling you. they'll get even more upset. i had a more serious case than most, one that hospitalized me for months and gave me other problems. i ended up getting my large intestine taken out and given an ileostomy. just be supportive of your friend and know that they may be upset every once in a while. it's hard to ajudst to, trust me.

by alindgren on 11/26/2012 5:23:32 PM

schooled: guys how to's
ok hi so i can help you with guys. like i can help when they say they love you and go say that to a girl you do not know or if you like a guy and you wish he likes you or if he likes you but you would like to just be friends i can help you!
I NEED: A TREASURER AND SECRETARY! I also have a book and movie lover of the week! please join! thanks.

by messy-luv's-you on 11/26/2012 5:15:22 PM

Mod mod mod
There was this boy at my taekwondo who would stare at me, and one time I accidentally smiled in his direction, and he smiled back. He used to laugh whenever I would mess up with a kick or say something stupid. I started to fall for him. Then, a month after that he got rid of his glasses and dorky haircut, and he actually looked really cute. But then, I told him I liked him, and he gave me his number, and then a few days after that, he had his bff reject me for him. I wanna show him that he's missing out. How do I do that? I don't wanna make him jealous, I just wanna show him that he made a huge mistake.

Show him what he's missing by grabbing her attention. Try laughing a little harder and smiling more. Show him that you're likable by showing yo have friends. Try wearing cute cloths too to see what you're really made up of!
mailyse f.