11 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

14 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

15 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

I'm proud of my bod--but not my stretch marks

I’m only 13. I’m proud of my body, but I’ve been noticing I’m getting stretch marks on my breasts and thighs. Is that normal? Good...

Hey, I was looking for a way to loose weight, but I need motivation and I don't know to loose weight without gaining muscle.

Hey lifeunicorn, head to our Fitness section for some great tips on loosing weight. There are lots of articles that will def help you out! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by lifeunicorn on 2/8/2013 5:23:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
im 13 and I have alot of marks on my lower belly and upper thigh and i don't know what they are. I have lost a lot of weight recently and I wonder if that has any thing to do with it. Also, I'm looking for a place to buy fake eyelashes. What store would be safest? (and cheap) thanks a billion :*

Hey girl, sometimes you can get stretchmarks from losing weight but if it makes you uncomfortable talk to your doctor or a trusted adult! And Sally Beauty has great false eye lashes for cheap!

Jenn S.

by natalieg on 1/18/2013 4:03:22 PM

Is there a certain age when stretch marks appear? I'm 11 and i have them on my thighs,hips, and breasts. My mom says it is because i am overweight and still gaining weight but I think it is natural. Who is right?

Hey! Stretch marks appear as you grow, no matter what you weigh, so they will occur naturally as you grow.

Helen S.

by cbelits on 12/29/2012 3:17:10 PM

I am not very proud of my body. This summer i went on a gluten free diet and my bod looked great, but now i feel much heavier and bigger than all of my friends. I have really big hipps and a lot of stomach flab. I know i should get rid of it and excercise more and probably go back on my gluten free diet, but i just dont have time, in between school and friends and theater and volleyball! Im 5'7" and i weigh 117 pounds. Is this a good weight?

Hey Girl, you are really active which is awesome! keep it up! and you are a very healthy size, you might even be a little underweight. girls always have larger hips and depending on your age you might be developing and that's why you feel like you're heavier. You might need to be on a gluten free diet for another reason to make you feel better, maybe you're allergic?  Consider talking to your doctor.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by briannaf202 on 12/18/2012 4:07:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I'M SUPER SUPER board because i woke up early. I wanna stay in bed and do something what should i do. Posted on my nook still in bed. Thanks. Thanks

Hey girl, browse the internet! My favorite thing, is looking up new fashion and clothing lines. Check out LoveTagLA Apparel online. They're my favorite new company, and I love following their photos. Plus Girl's Life has tons of articles online to read, especially for around the holidays!

lauren r.

by hgrules on 12/9/2012 9:17:57 AM

Looking forward to getting them, but I hope I dont get them too bad. My neighbor has and stretch marks and is built more in the chest than I am and she complained about them recently. I care about her but it was TMI at the time. Now I realize its just stretch marks.

by fashionqn on 12/7/2012 11:03:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
lately I haven't been feeling so good. The doctor suggested an endoscopy. What do they do in those?

Hey girl,

I think it is when they look at a specific organ, but I would ask your doctor about the specifics of the procedure!

Meghan D.

by fantastic8805 on 12/3/2012 5:47:14 PM

Mod!
Lately I've been feeling insecure about my weight. I'm twelve years old and weigh 110 pounds, but all my friends tell me that they weigh from 70-100. It's starting to affect the way I dress at school. I feel constantly judged, I always compare myself to others, and I feel like I can't go to anybody I know for help because it'd be an awkward subject. I also saw this one girl on TV who weighed the same as me, except she was like 20 years old. My sister, who is two years older, weighs the same as me. What do I do?

Hey girl,

Don't compare yourself to other people, just focus on being a healthy weight for yourself! And you definitely shouldn't compare yourself to people on TV because they are so far from being average. You're right to consider going to others for help--it might be an awkward subject to bring up, but a trusted adult can really help you out! They can sort through how you're feeling and a doctor can help you focus on nutrition and not on weight. For additional help, check out the resources on this link: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by elmerbear on 12/1/2012 11:22:25 PM

I have stretch marks too on the sides of my hip/thigh and they look dark, darker then my skin. I also have kinda-small stretch marks under my thighs, but they look kinda like red-purpleish, like I have been scratched. Does this mean I have the same problem? What do I do?

by nerdy dancer12 on 11/30/2012 8:49:16 PM

I have the same thing and is very embaressed by it. Thanksg for the story!

by 8322849 on 11/30/2012 5:17:19 PM