Bridget M.

is modding

33 MINUTES AGO DC/MD/VA girls: Join celeb stylists + the @Redskins *tonight* for a fun, fashionable @NFLFanStyle event! http://t.co/vMQWbZv7MK #NFLfanstyle

1 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 5 shine bright wearing @CateandChloe's Katie Pure Ring: http://t.co/JXxHerzL28

2 HOURS AGO Easy, pretty holiday hairstyles: All you need are bobby pins: http://t.co/r9VsDstcLU

COMMENTS

Shy guy? 6 tips to get your crush chatting

In a perfect world, if a guy thought you were pretty, smart or funny (which we know all you GL readers are!) he’d walk right up to...

MOD! MOD! MOD!
Okay I like this guy. Im not sure if he likes me though. We've been texting a ton lately. At first my friends and I thought he really really liked me. And they said I should ask him who he likes. I did (stupid move). Then said he wasnt gonna tell. So I asked if I knew her and he said "idk" thats it. After that convo we talked more. I asked him how the slopes were stuff. The normal things. Then I sent him a " Hi Smile " message a couple days ago and he never replied! Did I scare him away? My one friend said that it could that he just wants to be friends and I understand that, should I tell him i just want to be friends too? Im really confused! Should I say something to him? Or just wait it out? PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey girlie, just wait it out for now. Maybe he's just been busy or didn't get a chance to reply. Talk to him in school and see if that feels normal. You can even text him again since it's been a couple days and send something that he needs to respond to, like what've you been up to?, to see if he answers it.

Lauren T.

by Live2sing on 2/17/2013 8:08:10 PM

So I like this guy, and he likes me. But the thing is, we barely talk! People are telling us to become a couple but were both a bit shy. What should I say during our silent conversations? Is there a way we can talk easier?

Hey girl, it's great that you found this post about chatting up a shy guy.  Check out lots more advice in the GL ice breakers section.  When you get to the bottom of the page, click "Read More!" to read more articles.  The key to having a good conversation is making sure you feel comfortable.  Talk about things you like and are genuinely interested in and hopefully one of those things will spark his interest too.  Good luck, chica!

Karin E.

by beenity6 on 2/13/2013 6:14:06 AM

My crush and I are really good friends. I love talking to him, but I always freeze up. Whenever he says something I only say yeah, cool or laugh. What are good ways to continue a convo?

Hey! I always ask a question, like "how was your weekend?" and then move into more specific topics like interests such as music. questions are a great way to keep up a convo. good luck!

Helen S.

by Landeye101 on 1/26/2013 1:03:15 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!
I really like this guy in my band class and in a couple of months we are going to an amusement park. I want to talk to him there but I don't know how to and I'm not the best person at flirting. Help!!!!

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could make friends with him in the next few months so you can hang out on the trip! You could talk to him after lunch or after school and start a casual conversation. Once you get to know each other it won't be awkward to hang out on the trip!

Meghan D.

by mady104 on 1/19/2013 9:48:35 PM

MOD!
I'm new here and I really like your advice to others.
There's this boy at my school who I don't talk to but I text alot! We are best friends, I really like him and want to talk to him face to face, but we're both shy! And my bestie dated him before and hates him. And there's another problem he is only at my school for one year then moves to another state! What should I do with this whole situation? Please help I need advice!

Hey girl,

First things first, you should realize that because he's moving you have no time to waste! If you really like him, don't worry about being shy or what your friend will think- let him know! If you don't soon then you may never find out what his true feelings are. All you need are a few seconds of crazy confidence. Go up to him and start talking to him, pick up where your last text conversation left off. He'll love that you made the first move because he's so shy. Good luck!
Alexis G.

by GabyLiz on 1/8/2013 1:11:15 AM

this probably sounds stupid, but i have to ask, what does MOD mean?Smile

Hey girl,

Mod stands for moderator, which is the group of people who approve comments on GirlsLife.com and answer all of your questions Smile

Meghan D.

by aleshear123smile on 1/7/2013 5:10:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So I really like this guy at school. But the thing is I accidentally wacked him, kicked him, and bonked into his desk. He even says I'm crazy. I said sorry, but I want him to like me. How do I do it?

hey Chica! To get the attention of any guy- FLIRT! check this out:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2007/11/17/Flirting101.aspxv

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Pugsgalore2 on 1/1/2013 4:37:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! ok, so I was recently ivolved in with a bunch of boy drama and its a reaaally long story so I wanna leave it all behind me with this reaaally cute, but insanely shy and just a teensy bit nerdy guy Smile haha he seems so sweet! but the problem is that we only have one class together and I already get in trouble for talking enough! and it seems impossible by this point to get him to know I like him! and I mean this article is helpful, but not really in my situation! what do I do? how do I get him to know that I reaaally like him with such a short class hour? please help!!

Hey hun, here's a quick move for ya. After your next test, wait for him outside of class and then ask "hey how do you think you did." This way you'll have plenty to discuss as you walk to your next class, and you can even suggest a study sesh together for next time.

Jenn S.

by lalalagurl on 12/28/2012 10:04:54 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
I've never done this before so I hope Im Doing this right. But anyways, I finally goty crush to ask me to a school dance, but the problem is its like 2 months away! What do I do now?? He is pretty shy so I doubt he'll start anything. Help! This is my first real date...

Hey girl, try and hang out with him sometime before hand! Just hang out, watch a movie, do something fun. Being shy is okay, he'll come around once he's less nervous around you. Just talk to him more, it will make him more comfortable. You got this! Smile

lauren r.

by ineedabettername2 on 12/22/2012 7:45:31 AM

SO there is this guy at my school and i have liked him for 2 years; we sorta had a thing over the summer but now he has a girlfriend. I really really really like him. what should i do?

by minabina122897 on 12/20/2012 10:09:58 PM