4 HOURS AGO Which season matches your personality? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/h9pMpB9Sq8

7 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

8 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

COMMENTS

Shy guy? 6 tips to get your crush chatting

In a perfect world, if a guy thought you were pretty, smart or funny (which we know all you GL readers are!) he’d walk right up to...

MOD! MOD! MOD!
Okay I like this guy. Im not sure if he likes me though. We've been texting a ton lately. At first my friends and I thought he really really liked me. And they said I should ask him who he likes. I did (stupid move). Then said he wasnt gonna tell. So I asked if I knew her and he said "idk" thats it. After that convo we talked more. I asked him how the slopes were stuff. The normal things. Then I sent him a " Hi Smile " message a couple days ago and he never replied! Did I scare him away? My one friend said that it could that he just wants to be friends and I understand that, should I tell him i just want to be friends too? Im really confused! Should I say something to him? Or just wait it out? PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey girlie, just wait it out for now. Maybe he's just been busy or didn't get a chance to reply. Talk to him in school and see if that feels normal. You can even text him again since it's been a couple days and send something that he needs to respond to, like what've you been up to?, to see if he answers it.

Lauren T.

by Live2sing on 2/17/2013 8:08:10 PM

So I like this guy, and he likes me. But the thing is, we barely talk! People are telling us to become a couple but were both a bit shy. What should I say during our silent conversations? Is there a way we can talk easier?

Hey girl, it's great that you found this post about chatting up a shy guy.  Check out lots more advice in the GL ice breakers section.  When you get to the bottom of the page, click "Read More!" to read more articles.  The key to having a good conversation is making sure you feel comfortable.  Talk about things you like and are genuinely interested in and hopefully one of those things will spark his interest too.  Good luck, chica!

Karin E.

by beenity6 on 2/13/2013 6:14:06 AM

My crush and I are really good friends. I love talking to him, but I always freeze up. Whenever he says something I only say yeah, cool or laugh. What are good ways to continue a convo?

Hey! I always ask a question, like "how was your weekend?" and then move into more specific topics like interests such as music. questions are a great way to keep up a convo. good luck!

Helen S.

by Landeye101 on 1/26/2013 1:03:15 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!
I really like this guy in my band class and in a couple of months we are going to an amusement park. I want to talk to him there but I don't know how to and I'm not the best person at flirting. Help!!!!

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could make friends with him in the next few months so you can hang out on the trip! You could talk to him after lunch or after school and start a casual conversation. Once you get to know each other it won't be awkward to hang out on the trip!

Meghan D.

by mady104 on 1/19/2013 9:48:35 PM

MOD!
I'm new here and I really like your advice to others.
There's this boy at my school who I don't talk to but I text alot! We are best friends, I really like him and want to talk to him face to face, but we're both shy! And my bestie dated him before and hates him. And there's another problem he is only at my school for one year then moves to another state! What should I do with this whole situation? Please help I need advice!

Hey girl,

First things first, you should realize that because he's moving you have no time to waste! If you really like him, don't worry about being shy or what your friend will think- let him know! If you don't soon then you may never find out what his true feelings are. All you need are a few seconds of crazy confidence. Go up to him and start talking to him, pick up where your last text conversation left off. He'll love that you made the first move because he's so shy. Good luck!
Alexis G.

by GabyLiz on 1/8/2013 1:11:15 AM

this probably sounds stupid, but i have to ask, what does MOD mean?Smile

Hey girl,

Mod stands for moderator, which is the group of people who approve comments on GirlsLife.com and answer all of your questions Smile

Meghan D.

by aleshear123smile on 1/7/2013 5:10:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So I really like this guy at school. But the thing is I accidentally wacked him, kicked him, and bonked into his desk. He even says I'm crazy. I said sorry, but I want him to like me. How do I do it?

hey Chica! To get the attention of any guy- FLIRT! check this out:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2007/11/17/Flirting101.aspxv

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Pugsgalore2 on 1/1/2013 4:37:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! ok, so I was recently ivolved in with a bunch of boy drama and its a reaaally long story so I wanna leave it all behind me with this reaaally cute, but insanely shy and just a teensy bit nerdy guy Smile haha he seems so sweet! but the problem is that we only have one class together and I already get in trouble for talking enough! and it seems impossible by this point to get him to know I like him! and I mean this article is helpful, but not really in my situation! what do I do? how do I get him to know that I reaaally like him with such a short class hour? please help!!

Hey hun, here's a quick move for ya. After your next test, wait for him outside of class and then ask "hey how do you think you did." This way you'll have plenty to discuss as you walk to your next class, and you can even suggest a study sesh together for next time.

Jenn S.

by lalalagurl on 12/28/2012 10:04:54 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
I've never done this before so I hope Im Doing this right. But anyways, I finally goty crush to ask me to a school dance, but the problem is its like 2 months away! What do I do now?? He is pretty shy so I doubt he'll start anything. Help! This is my first real date...

Hey girl, try and hang out with him sometime before hand! Just hang out, watch a movie, do something fun. Being shy is okay, he'll come around once he's less nervous around you. Just talk to him more, it will make him more comfortable. You got this! Smile

lauren r.

by ineedabettername2 on 12/22/2012 7:45:31 AM

SO there is this guy at my school and i have liked him for 2 years; we sorta had a thing over the summer but now he has a girlfriend. I really really really like him. what should i do?

by minabina122897 on 12/20/2012 10:09:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
This guy friend of mine asked me out last November, but I told him I'd rather stay friends for a while to get to know him better. He seemed to respect that, and we stayed friends, although he was still a bit flirty sometimes with his hugs and jokes.
We were talking over fb one night about two months ago and I ended up telling him about my feelings. He said he wouldn't want to lose me as a friend after we dated, so I shrugged it off and agreed to stay his friend. However, I overheard him tell his friend that he pretended not to like me cuz he'd mess things up, and that maybe we'd date down the road if he got his life together. The thing is, he hardly acts flirty with me and even flirts with other people in front of me. Was he just saying that to his friend? Im confused, help please??

Hey girl,

That's tough and you're not the first one to be utterly confused by a boy. It seems to me like he was telling his friend the truth. After all, it makes sense that he wouldn't want to mess up the friendship you both have just because of a possible failed relationship. His flirting with other girls could just be his way of making you jealous, or his way of trying to get over you. I'm not sure. The best thing to do is go directly to him. Tell him you overheard him and his friend talking and ask him if what he said was true. It's better than watching him flirt with other girls and not knowing what his true feelings are, right? xoxo

alexis g.

by starrlaverna101 on 12/13/2012 11:02:47 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Their is this SUPER cute boy in my class, and whenever I look at him, he's always staring at me. We do silly faces to each other and we talk a lot to each other. By these actions, do you think he might like me?

Hey girl,

He might like you or he might just want to be friends, but either way, if you talk a lot, it sounds like he's interested in spending time with you! There's no rush, so try getting to know him as friends to see how he acts around you. Ask him to eat lunch together or to hang out with your friends so you can get to know each other in a casual setting, and if he likes you he might start being more flirty.

Meghan D.

by iloveonedirection! on 12/10/2012 8:40:56 PM

How do I focus more on school work and less on my crush?

Hey girlie, try to use your school work to distract yourself from thinking about your crush. Focus on school and getting your work done and you won't have time to focus on your crush.

Lauren T.

by puella94 on 12/5/2012 7:50:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Hi I REALLY like this guy and I was so sure that he liked me because he stares at me all the time and whenever I talk to him he blushes. But today this really mean girl told him that one of her friends.. aka me.. Likes him and so he askes who and my bestie told him that she did and he said that he likes her too. But my bestie doesn't even like him!! She just took the fall for me cuz she's amazing. But Im so heart broken that he likes her. I still really like him!! I was so sure that he liked me because he would always talk about me to his friends and everything.. But what does it sound like to you?? PLEASE HELP! IM SO CONFUSED!!

Hey girlie, it's totally possible that he likes both of you. Maybe since your friend likes him, he thinks that you don't so he's favoring her. Have someone let him know that it's actually you that likes him and see what happens.

Lauren T.

by kkheartspink on 12/5/2012 5:54:18 PM

MOD (Please answer!!!)
I really want some help. I have a crush on this guy, but he thinks that I'm not his type. He didn't even tell me this. One of my friends did. I feel like a loser. He likes peppy, athletic girls. I'm not peppy or athletic. I really love him and would do anything to change for him. Should I change for him?

Never ever ever change for a guy. They're not worth it! One day a guy will come along and love you just the way you are. So why do you want to change for some guy who doesnt? Trust me. You'll be ok and youre 100% better off without him. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by wesdelwarrior on 12/4/2012 8:15:51 PM

Look, I'm a HUGE cluts and I am always dropping things when I don't want to and when I accidentally drop something in front of my crush, he doesn't help or anything. So dropping things is not a good idea

by famusgal on 12/2/2012 12:37:42 PM

Please someone help! I have this crush on a guy (he is 14, I am 12) and the other day, he said he needed to tell my friend, Melissa, something important, that no one else could hear, especially me! (Btw, Melissa does have a boyfriend and they love each other ALOT) Do you think he likes me? I seems like he does so much! And should I tell him my feelings?

by luckystar3630 on 12/2/2012 9:32:20 AM

MOD I have a really good friend lets call ger m. Well everyone in m's family is young. Her uncle is 13 and in the 9 grade. I really like him. We are good friends. After school when we all walk home we talk and he jokes around with me and playfuly teases me. We are really good friends but im only 10 and in the 5 grade. I cant tell m or my parents or my brother or my other best friend or him. I also dont want to write it in my diary because i let m and my other best friend read it.

Hey girl,

If you like your friend's family member, that's fine to keep it to yourself for now, but if you ever wanted to ask him out or for his number, you need to tell your friend. She would be really hurt if you didn't tell her! Even if it's awkward, it will be best for your friendship if you are honest with her. And that might not be a huge age difference, but that's a lot of school years in between, so make sure you are on the same page as him!

Meghan D.

by hgrules on 12/1/2012 11:35:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
I like this guy but i don't know if he likes me,we flirt with each other all the time but sometimes he jokingly says I'm annoying does that mean anything??? and my friends asked if he liked me and we wouldn't answer what should i do to see if he likes me??
please help me.

Hey girl,

If he says you're annoying, even jokingly, are you sure that's someone you want to be with? You deserve someone who will always respect you! If he wouldn't answer, he might have been embarrassed or not have wanted to hurt your feelings. I would focus your effort into school and your relationships with family and friends and focus on a guy who will always respect you and treat you well!

Meghan D. Meghan D.

by pandabear012 on 12/1/2012 11:31:11 PM

Hey Girls! Join Legit Boy Advice!

This is a LEGIT club about boy advice. Any questions you have let me know because guess what?! I have 5 brothers and I have each age group of boys that you will have questions for (about ANYTHING)get REAL answers from REAL BOYS themselves! All you have to do is include your age and question and I'll get right too it!

by Chloe<3 on 12/1/2012 8:45:22 PM

(Please answer!)

Hi, sorry I had to delete your question - we're not allowed to let you post addresses of other websites. But I can pretty much guarantee you this website is NOT legit. There are a lot of similar websites that are known scams. I'd stay away if I were you! xoxo Allie
Allie S.

by xXMissBehavedXx on 12/1/2012 8:27:35 PM

If anyone wants my clubs of Hey Monday, Linkin Park, Boys Like Girls then please come to my profile and tell me.
Also please come to my advice queen page. Thanks
Paramorefan123

by paramorefan123 on 12/1/2012 11:40:48 AM

I wanna talk to my crush, but i'm the shy one here

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Join my club: Operation: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Our mission is to post anonymous notes in public places for other people to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! In my club, we will have daily quotes that you can put on post- its to uplift girls. We also give advice on how you can make your day better, and everyone else’s day better! So please join our uplifting club so we can tell everyone that we are beautiful the way we are!

by heather99 on 12/1/2012 11:27:46 AM

Mod mod mod
Me and my crush got into a fight a month ago. He used to rest his arm on my shoulder and pat my head. We weren't dating though. Then, a week after the fight he tickled my chin and smiled at me. Now, he's talking to my mom a lot and he talks to my little siblings and jokes with them. He doesn't do anything with me anymore. He asked me if I like him or if I ever liked him. I would've said yes, but he asked me that 5 seconds after telling me my ex-crush doesn't like me. I was hurt, because I told my ex-crush that I liked him to his face, and he gave me his number on facebook 20 minutes after, and told me he had to tell me something, but never told me. That's when he had his friend (my current crush) reject me for him. It seems like me and my current crush (the one I had the fight with) are slowly drifting apart. He called my brother his "little man" yesterday, and I thought it was cute. Should I message him on fb "I thought it was cute that you called my bro ur lil man"?

Hey girl, honestly I would just leave it alone. Let it rest for a while. He'll probably come back to you. But let him come to you if you still want to be with him. Trust me! Smile

lauren r.

by kittycatmeowmeowchelsea on 12/1/2012 10:55:13 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Ok so there is this really cute guy that had a huge crush on me like 3 years ago..and I liked him back but we were both really shy so nothing ever became of it.
That was 8th grade..we are in 11th grade now and haven't had a single class together since high school started.
The other day though I caught his eye in the hallway and idk it just sort of sparked something if you know what I mean. I really wish I still knew him like I used to and we didn't loose touch. I need advice on how to reconnect with him..it just seems sort of impossible to me since we don't have any classes together, I don't have a Facebook and we are both so shy....but I figured I'd just see if anyone has an idea??
Thanks<3

Hey girl, maybe during lunch or afterschool you could re-connect, start talking to each other again. Facebook is a great way to connect with people. Maybe you should consider getting one! Each time to see him start to say more and more. Next time, just say hey what's up, the time after that, add a little more onto it. Just start talkin!

lauren r.

by maggie183 on 12/1/2012 10:33:16 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm a freshman and I really like this junior that's in my Spanish class. Yesterday his friend gave him my number and told him to text me, and he did! I was so happy, but I'm not sure what to talk about! We talk everyday in class, but I feel kinda awkward and I don't know what to say when he texts me. What should I talk about? Thank you soooooooo much!

Hey girl, talk about anything. Talk about something you're watching on TV, something that happened that day or maybe even that happened in class. The cool thing about texting is you can say whatever, whenever and you don't have to think of an immediate response.

lauren r.

by jellybean1998 on 12/1/2012 10:21:17 AM

**********HEY GIRLS***********
My name is Caroline and alot of you might know me as the advise giver on Molly coconut, and Dancestar! I finally decidd to get my own page and I would love if I could hace some members! Just go to my page and click on Dojhallow97 Advise Queen! I have been told Im great at giving responses and will give you detailed answers on anything you ask. Im in High school so I can help you with anything~!
Thanks and much love!
xo-c

by dojhallow97 on 12/1/2012 9:52:21 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am going to a family friends bat mitzvah today. It's in this fancy country club in baltimore. I am wearing a pink dress. I think my crush will be there. Do you have any stylish tips for me? I have long, layered dark brown hair, and i painted my nails sparkly. i kinda need help soon! thanks
xoxo

Hey girl, love bmore! Outfit sounds adorable too. I think it all sounds great. Maybe for your shoes I would wear small heels to go with it, or flats, incase there will be lots of dancing. Maybe curl your hair, so it's a beach wave? Love that look! Have fun today girl!

lauren r.

by raeshrimp on 12/1/2012 8:51:52 AM

Mod Mod Mod
Why are guys so happy when u compliment their clothing? I complimented this one guy's shoes, and his face lit up. I complimented this one guy usually playfully tease, ( I said I liked his pants) and he said, "that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me!" why on why? It makes no sense at all.

Hey girls, some guys really take pride in how they look and what outfit their wearing. Especially their shoes. So they totally take notice of what you say to them!

lauren r.

by puddinface7 on 12/1/2012 8:43:30 AM

Mod mod mod
Whenever i want to talk to my crush or anything i feel really nervous and awkward and i end up backing out of it. How can i avoid being this way? I would really like to talk/flirt with him because i feel he may like me.

Hey girl, well take it slow. Don't think about it in terms of you need to talk to him and flirt right away. Just have a small conversation with him about whatever comes up. Like school, teachers, extra curricular activities. Maybe you can ask him for help in a subject that "you don't understand" even though you may actually understand it completely. Just to get close to him and able to talk to him a bunch.

lauren r.