5 HOURS AGO What to do when you have a cyber crush: http://t.co/WYtcyoAlTG

6 HOURS AGO RT @BronteASpida: Had so much fun 2Day best day of my summer @girlslifemag #FashionBash2014

8 HOURS AGO What kind of guy should you go for? Take the quiz to find out: http://t.co/OHtk0RLtVR

COMMENTS

Wanna make a new friend? 4 festive ice breakers

Just ‘cause it’s not the beginning of the school year doesn’t mean ya don’t wanna grow your group. You know what we say: the more...

MOD MOD MOD~
My friend, let's call her C, likes/liked this guy who we'll call S and they used to be in the same school when C left for a year. S is new and I instantly liked him when I saw him smile and realized he was a really nice guy. C asked a guy friend of hers to tell S about how she felt. S didn't like her back. Ever since, C says that S has been mean to her and all that jazz. I confronted S and he just said that he thought he was being funny but that C was giving him the creeps and that he thinks she is weird, even at their old school.
I don't want to betray my friends even though they really bother me all the time but I feel I have to be loyal to C (we're not that close THO) but S didn't do anything wrong.
PS. no one knows I like him
What do I do with C and my friends? And with S?

Hey girl, it's okay to be friends with both C and S, but when you're with them, avoid saying anything negative about either one of them.  If you want to strike up a friendship with S, don't base it on a dislike of C.  If C is concerned that you're befriending S, honestly reassure her that you guys don't talk about her.  See how the friendship things works out before you act on your crush-feelings.  Best of luck!

Karin E.

by angel29 on 2/11/2013 8:30:36 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So for the past year, my supposed best friends havent been acting like real friends at all. We have a group chat and when i try to text them on it, they form conversations around my text. When I ask them to have a sleepover, they dont seem excited at all so I usually cancel them because only two of them show up (theres 5 of us). The only time they text me is when they have a homework question. Is it time for me to find new friends? But when we do actually hang out its a lot of fun.

Hey girlie,

Even if only two of them show up, what's wrong with still having fun with them? Friendship is about quality, not quantity, so maybe you should focus on strengthening the relationships with people who love spending time with you instead of worrying about those who don't. You can't please everyone! And if you have fun with them, then that's great! If they text you with homework questions, maybe you could study together, too.

Meghan D.

by chillipurry on 2/2/2013 9:14:55 PM

Ok,so me and my friends are in a huge rut. My bestie told me that last week my friend (who has ruined a friendship with one friend of mine already for me) said she didn't like me. So I texted her and just asked her why and politely said I was sorry for anything I might've done. Well,she was at my other friend's house. She got girls up and called and texted me saying I was fake and lying. So of course,I tried to straighten it out. Then she fed a bunch if crap and now not even them,but all my friends HATE me because of her. And I cannot get any of them to listen or trust me Frown Frown And I didn't do anything! Help!!! Frown Frown

Hey girl, the best way to sort this out is to have an in-person conversation with these girls.  It can be really hard to communicate via texting, so try to find a time to speak with your friends face-to-face.  They should give you a chance to talk and express your feelings, but make sure you're a good listener too.  Best of luck!

Karin E.

by rx7871 on 1/28/2013 10:56:14 AM

I've always been the nerdy girl that everyone bullied and didn't like. My "friend" has everyone liking her. My other "friend" gets on my nerves often. The first "friend" insults me (she thinks jokingly) I have told her to stop in a firm voice and she doesn't. I wanna be their friends but I don't! I just want to start over. I wanna move to a random place out of the country and start over. Sometimes I even think about cutting myself. I need help. Should I stay with my friends? How can I let go if not? Is there anyway I can start over? I want to be loved! Help, please MOD !

hey! I think you should make a clean break from your friends and start over. Start by talking to people. Just say hi and maybe ask some questions about them, like how their weekend was and if they did anything fun. People love to talk about themselves want they get going, so i know you can do it Smile Please don't hurt yourself, you are a wonderful, talented, smart individual and I hope you know that too. Good luck girl!

Helen S.

by hannygl10 on 1/25/2013 10:39:58 PM

i don't know if any of these will work, but i'll try them all Smile

by girl41398 on 12/15/2012 10:28:26 PM

We tried the girls versus boys and they killed us. I thought we would have a chance but we didnt. They were being nice and letting us score a few shots. If you do that make sure the guys are nerdy because we have beat this group of nerdy guys before.

by fashionqn on 12/6/2012 10:59:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
SO there was this boy that moved to our school in the 4th grade. A lot of people didn't like him, probably because of his appearance. I knew that he had some family issues and had trouble making friends easily, so I tryed to be nice to him and told him I was his friend. Now we are freshman and he is starting to creep me out. My friend and I were at the fair and followed us around. He even talked to my mom's friend. He wouldn't leave!! He has expressed his "undying love" for me in from of other people, and today I caught him talking behind my back, telling people that he wants a picture of me on his wall. My mom has told me that she can't be mean to him because we know he has problems at home. I tried to be nice, but I think it's time to stop being nice. Am I correct? What should I do??? PLEASE HELP!

Hey girl,

You don't have to be mean to him or stop being nice, but it's okay to tell him that you only want to be friends. Just say you enjoy spending time with him but that  you aren't interested in being anything more than friends right now.

Meghan D.

by dance/musicluver316 on 12/3/2012 4:06:50 PM

Mod mod mod
These tips are good, but what about someone (like me) who doesnt go to school? I don't have that many close friends, and I want to make some new ones

Hey girl,

Maybe you could use these ice breakers to meet people at church or somewhere else you go that there are people your age. You could also try playing a sport or joining a club at your local community center to meet new people.

Meghan D.

by Kstar101 on 12/3/2012 2:04:31 PM

This is such a good idea!

by Brittany T. on 12/3/2012 10:21:39 AM

Hi girls C:
Need advice NOW?
Just ask me on my advice queen page! I check it everyday and will get right on your questions! I have pretty much been in every situation possible (fortunately) and so I know how help!

by LilacBallerina on 12/2/2012 10:58:43 PM