12 HOURS AGO Sweater weather also happens to be smoothie weather. Snag our recipes for seasonal sips: http://t.co/s00kRlDnDq #pumpkinspiceeverything

12 HOURS AGO RT @PeytonList: Lots of great questions! Keep them coming on @girlslifemag Facebook! 😻�pic.twitter.com/iuIzoC1K4Q4Q

12 HOURS AGO The lovely @PeytonList is answering Qs on our FB wall *right now!* Head to http://t.co/7oz2xj5ydi to join in! #glpeyton #peytonlist

COMMENTS

Wanna make a new friend? 4 festive ice breakers

Just ‘cause it’s not the beginning of the school year doesn’t mean ya don’t wanna grow your group. You know what we say: the more...

MOD MOD MOD~
My friend, let's call her C, likes/liked this guy who we'll call S and they used to be in the same school when C left for a year. S is new and I instantly liked him when I saw him smile and realized he was a really nice guy. C asked a guy friend of hers to tell S about how she felt. S didn't like her back. Ever since, C says that S has been mean to her and all that jazz. I confronted S and he just said that he thought he was being funny but that C was giving him the creeps and that he thinks she is weird, even at their old school.
I don't want to betray my friends even though they really bother me all the time but I feel I have to be loyal to C (we're not that close THO) but S didn't do anything wrong.
PS. no one knows I like him
What do I do with C and my friends? And with S?

Hey girl, it's okay to be friends with both C and S, but when you're with them, avoid saying anything negative about either one of them.  If you want to strike up a friendship with S, don't base it on a dislike of C.  If C is concerned that you're befriending S, honestly reassure her that you guys don't talk about her.  See how the friendship things works out before you act on your crush-feelings.  Best of luck!

Karin E.

by angel29 on 2/11/2013 8:30:36 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So for the past year, my supposed best friends havent been acting like real friends at all. We have a group chat and when i try to text them on it, they form conversations around my text. When I ask them to have a sleepover, they dont seem excited at all so I usually cancel them because only two of them show up (theres 5 of us). The only time they text me is when they have a homework question. Is it time for me to find new friends? But when we do actually hang out its a lot of fun.

Hey girlie,

Even if only two of them show up, what's wrong with still having fun with them? Friendship is about quality, not quantity, so maybe you should focus on strengthening the relationships with people who love spending time with you instead of worrying about those who don't. You can't please everyone! And if you have fun with them, then that's great! If they text you with homework questions, maybe you could study together, too.

Meghan D.

by chillipurry on 2/2/2013 9:14:55 PM

Ok,so me and my friends are in a huge rut. My bestie told me that last week my friend (who has ruined a friendship with one friend of mine already for me) said she didn't like me. So I texted her and just asked her why and politely said I was sorry for anything I might've done. Well,she was at my other friend's house. She got girls up and called and texted me saying I was fake and lying. So of course,I tried to straighten it out. Then she fed a bunch if crap and now not even them,but all my friends HATE me because of her. And I cannot get any of them to listen or trust me Frown Frown And I didn't do anything! Help!!! Frown Frown

Hey girl, the best way to sort this out is to have an in-person conversation with these girls.  It can be really hard to communicate via texting, so try to find a time to speak with your friends face-to-face.  They should give you a chance to talk and express your feelings, but make sure you're a good listener too.  Best of luck!

Karin E.

by rx7871 on 1/28/2013 10:56:14 AM

I've always been the nerdy girl that everyone bullied and didn't like. My "friend" has everyone liking her. My other "friend" gets on my nerves often. The first "friend" insults me (she thinks jokingly) I have told her to stop in a firm voice and she doesn't. I wanna be their friends but I don't! I just want to start over. I wanna move to a random place out of the country and start over. Sometimes I even think about cutting myself. I need help. Should I stay with my friends? How can I let go if not? Is there anyway I can start over? I want to be loved! Help, please MOD !

hey! I think you should make a clean break from your friends and start over. Start by talking to people. Just say hi and maybe ask some questions about them, like how their weekend was and if they did anything fun. People love to talk about themselves want they get going, so i know you can do it Smile Please don't hurt yourself, you are a wonderful, talented, smart individual and I hope you know that too. Good luck girl!

Helen S.

by hannygl10 on 1/25/2013 10:39:58 PM

i don't know if any of these will work, but i'll try them all Smile

by girl41398 on 12/15/2012 10:28:26 PM

We tried the girls versus boys and they killed us. I thought we would have a chance but we didnt. They were being nice and letting us score a few shots. If you do that make sure the guys are nerdy because we have beat this group of nerdy guys before.

by fashionqn on 12/6/2012 10:59:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
SO there was this boy that moved to our school in the 4th grade. A lot of people didn't like him, probably because of his appearance. I knew that he had some family issues and had trouble making friends easily, so I tryed to be nice to him and told him I was his friend. Now we are freshman and he is starting to creep me out. My friend and I were at the fair and followed us around. He even talked to my mom's friend. He wouldn't leave!! He has expressed his "undying love" for me in from of other people, and today I caught him talking behind my back, telling people that he wants a picture of me on his wall. My mom has told me that she can't be mean to him because we know he has problems at home. I tried to be nice, but I think it's time to stop being nice. Am I correct? What should I do??? PLEASE HELP!

Hey girl,

You don't have to be mean to him or stop being nice, but it's okay to tell him that you only want to be friends. Just say you enjoy spending time with him but that  you aren't interested in being anything more than friends right now.

Meghan D.

by dance/musicluver316 on 12/3/2012 4:06:50 PM

Mod mod mod
These tips are good, but what about someone (like me) who doesnt go to school? I don't have that many close friends, and I want to make some new ones

Hey girl,

Maybe you could use these ice breakers to meet people at church or somewhere else you go that there are people your age. You could also try playing a sport or joining a club at your local community center to meet new people.

Meghan D.

by Kstar101 on 12/3/2012 2:04:31 PM

This is such a good idea!

by Brittany T. on 12/3/2012 10:21:39 AM

Hi girls C:
Need advice NOW?
Just ask me on my advice queen page! I check it everyday and will get right on your questions! I have pretty much been in every situation possible (fortunately) and so I know how help!

by LilacBallerina on 12/2/2012 10:58:43 PM

Hey Girls! Join Legit Boy Advice!

This is a LEGIT club about boy advice. Any questions you have let me know because guess what?! I have 5 brothers and I have each age group of boys that you will have questions for (about ANYTHING)get REAL answers from REAL BOYS themselves! All you have to do is include your age and question and I'll get right too it!

by Chloe<3 on 12/2/2012 10:43:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I love my current group of friends so much, they really "get" me and love me and make me smile. A good amount of them has had some kind of selfharm issue or has gone through depression. My other group of friends are always calling them emo and being really rude about them. I always speak up and say like "Hey those are my friends so knock it off". One of them has been into drugs but he has stopped and is a completely better person now. About half are upperclassmen and my other friends are saying that I shouldn't be hanging out with them because they are bad influneces or whatever but I am not one to be easily influenced. I really don't know what to do, please helpp!

Hey girlie, don't let other people influence your friendships. If you feel comfortable with this first group of friends and aren't going to be poorly influenced by them then keep hanging out with them. Don't worry so much about what other people think as long as you're happy.

Lauren T.

by awtechnofish on 12/2/2012 7:48:43 PM

mod mod mod
my younger brother has always been weird about fitting in because hes always the odd one out. And he has given in to peer pressure and has started to smoke drink and do drugs I'm worried about him he has been coming home sooo late and ahnging out with bad uperclassmen. He wont listen to me or me or my parents. Giving advice isn't an easy task to do so thank you so much!

Hey girlie, it sounds like you should talk to your parents about seeking help for him. If he won't listen to his family, school counselors and other resources are available to help your family get him help.

Lauren T.

by colie34720 on 12/2/2012 7:29:07 PM

Im 14 and my bf is 15. We've been dating for about 14 months. Lately I've realized that the past 3- 4 months I've I don't have the same strong feelings I used to and I feel like I'd be much happier if I took a break from the relationship. Especially since we've been fighting a lot and when we do I just feel AWFUL. I've been close to breaking up with him many times but just not had the courage, and told myself I would wait it out another month. I'm tired of waiting it out though.. I still think he's a great guy though. Also theres a twist. He hates his family and doesnt really have any friends and because of that he's been depressed and im afraid slightly.... suicidal. I know he doesnt want to break up and I'd hate to do that to him.. especially since he doesnt really have anyone. Also, according to my friends, he recently bought me a reallllly expensive christmas gift. I dont know if I should break up with him, when, how..??!?!

Hey girlie, if you've been unhappy for so long it's not fair to either of you to stay in the relationship. Maybe start with trying to take a break. It doesn't feel as permanent and you might find that you miss him and want to get back with him. Sooner is better. Just be honest and tell him what you're feeling.

Lauren T.