AN HOUR AGO If you're a #Marvel fan, you absolutely *have* to watch the #CaptainAmericaCivilWar trailer:

2 HOURS AGO You *can* make an awesome pie. Here's how:

This just in: Your school year is about to get longer

So you’re thrilled to pieces when the final bell rings at 3 p.m., right? Well, don’t through your papers in the air and starting shouting...

I'm so glad i don't live there. But it the new health care gets passes, my school gets shut down.

by RubySparkle on 12/4/2012 6:15:40 PM

I don't love there but that is not fair for anyone who does!!! I mean I feel so overworked right now from school. Kids need time to relax. More hours honestly is just too much.

by BabyDahl13 on 12/4/2012 6:05:31 PM

honestly i think most kids ll start skipping school more. Also, i think more kids will be stressed and that will lead to stress related health issues. More time in class gives teachers more time to assign homework. Those of us who do extra curriculars, such as dance, will have to cut back. most extra curriculars provide exercise, so it would go against preventing child obesity.

by luvmonkey1313 on 12/4/2012 5:58:06 PM

Glad I'm homeschooled and that I graduate high school in May. But, even though I'm homeschooled it doesn't mean school is easy. I actually do school year round, and I'm never really done with work. There is always something else I could be working on. I'm also dual-enrolled in community college, so I have college work to do as well. I'm going to be ahead of other people my age when I graduate community college, though, because I'll be transferring into a four-year university as a junior at only 19. So even though my schooling is not at all easy, it's totally worth it.

by rockinlishy on 12/4/2012 5:40:33 PM

I know this may seem like a small problem... but i have ADHD and i take medicine for it. It wears off after 6 hours and i don't know what i'd do if the day was longer. It would ruin my schedule and i would be hyper and extremely distracted the rest of the day! If we lengthened the school year we would practically be going to school into August! With all the snow days we're having now i don't think it's a good idea. Sorry for putting you through my long complaint! LOL. Smile

by Lioncub190 on 12/4/2012 5:29:42 PM

Check out my videos: mintyfreshswagger27
I want your opinion! What videos do you want me to do??
Just post them on my channel wall Smile
*rate*comment*subscribe* thanks!!! <3

by softballismyBFF on 12/4/2012 5:25:08 PM

Are you kidding me?! There is such a thing as tutors, people! Plus, what happens to the kids who are already smart and don't need extra schoolwork? Extending school hours is just going to make students more miserable!

P.S.; there was a spelling mistake in the first paragraph. It's "throw" not "through".

by HelenaPS on 12/4/2012 5:22:36 PM

why? we already wasted like 90% of our time in school? why make it longer? i swear, it's like they WANT us to be home-schooled.

by coobs123 on 12/4/2012 5:21:42 PM

Im from Westchester, NY and my teacher was talking about adding days, not hours. He said that we could start going into saturday and july. UGH

by prettypinkelephants on 12/4/2012 5:13:07 PM

I think each individual student should have the option to decide whether or not their day is longer. I would want to stay at school longer if it meant more electives because I am going to have trouble choosing between 4 electives next school year. Extending MY day would solve that problem. I'm not saying that it should change for everyone, just the people who want to stay longer.

by BrynnaRox on 12/4/2012 5:11:28 PM

What do you do to study?

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?