12 HOURS AGO Really though, is there any better feeling than a fresh mani?

12 HOURS AGO That friend who never wants to hang < http://t.co/n4hMjie8rv

15 HOURS AGO DIY lip scrubs we heart: http://t.co/lSqLTWrTyL

COMMENTS

This just in: Your school year is about to get longer

So you’re thrilled to pieces when the final bell rings at 3 p.m., right? Well, don’t through your papers in the air and starting shouting...

Omg!!!! Why do they do these thing??? Just to let use suffer? This is stupid we need more fun time!!!!!!!

by Prim on 12/4/2012 5:07:44 PM

This doesn't make sense. Most schools are having major budget cuts right now. The districts can't afford to pay the teachers for more hours.

by happy-go-lucky14 on 12/4/2012 5:00:03 PM

I would not like it, I hope my school day doesnt get longer. And I dont get it, I have friends who are homeschooled and they have so much more free time and are so much smarter than a lot of the people I know in school. Longer doesnt mean better just like bigger isnt always better.

by fashionqn on 12/4/2012 4:51:17 PM

How about you ask an actual kid how that wil go...

by realchk on 12/4/2012 4:43:44 PM

I'm glad that I don't live near there, and I think the idea is STUPID!

by MountainLover456 on 12/4/2012 4:24:03 PM

i live in ny and my year is actually shorter this year

by greeknspooky on 12/4/2012 4:18:54 PM

Kids already have a hard enough time getting through school sane. Adding more hours is going to get us more unfocused and unwilling to do the work because all we would want to do is leave. plus, what about after school activities?

by soccerholic on 12/4/2012 3:42:12 PM

Im homeschooled and don't live there. YES!

by Gracie206 on 12/4/2012 3:40:09 PM

I know! I am from Connecticut, and a couple days ago it was on the front page of the newspaper! I was so disappointed. After reading this though, it is good to know that it will incorporate more arts though! I only have fifteen art classes a year, and I love art!

by Caitlin2000 on 12/4/2012 3:33:36 PM

Well, in some places they have school year round, but with a one week holiday every five weeks. I honestly think that would work, plus we'd still get the customary holidays and vacations (except for summer) off.
Also, there are numerous mistakes.
"Well, don’t through your papers in the air and starting shouting about freedom just yet." should be "Well, don't throw your papers in the air and start shouting about freedom just yet."

by pinkcutiix33 on 12/4/2012 3:30:57 PM