1 HOURS AGO Learn these beginner poses and become the next pro at yoga! http://t.co/FRwmboprw5

2 HOURS AGO Find out your body confidence: #GLQuizzes

3 HOURS AGO Learn our tricks on how to talk to the new cute boy in school! #GLLovesBoys http://t.co/NdSgKaUXFl

COMMENTS

Why won't my mom let me date?

I’m 13, I get good grades, and I’m responsible. So why won’t my mom let me have a boyfriend? Dear Mom Says No, Some parents have...

Dear MOD,
i have a serious problem because 2 days ago my ex-boyfriend dumped me because he said things were awkward because different people were crushing on me and telling him to dumped me, but the next day he asks someone else out. I still have a big crush on him and it hurts to see him and talk to him. Plus he sits next to me in social studies, is in my homeroom, first period and 3 lockers down from me. I think he's a jerk and want to get over him, but its hard.It seemed like he used it as an excused and been looking for one because he kept asking how i still liked him and i could do so much better, but it still hurts. Please give me some advice!?

Hey sweetheart2064, give yourself time to get over him. You can't make all these feelings go away in a day. I would cry about him, be angry and feel all the other things you're feeling. Because if you get those things out, they won't bother you anymore. Remember he is just one guy, and you are soooo young, don't let this make you feel like a failure. Everyone has dated a jerk, so you're not alone. You will be fine girl. Write to me anytime! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by sweetheart2064 on 1/18/2013 6:57:45 PM

To be or not to be.....I have a crush on my BGF but im not allowed to go out with him. My mom says its because im too young(im in 9th grade) and she never had very good relationships wich I get but it makes me so depressed. I have agreed not to date but I dont know how to get him off my mind since I see him every day at school and hes my friend. So I was wondering what to do. My BGF is not like any guy, hes the nicest guy I have ever met and hes adorkable plus my friends are so supportive. I am almost certian he likes me back. How can I move forward till my mom says I can date him? Anythingwould be helpful, thanks

Hey girlie,

I know it's difficult, but try to understand why your mom is setting those rules. She's only being cautious because she loves you and doesn't want you to get hurt! You don't have to stop seeing him or talking to him, just try to stay friends for now and not be more than that. Maybe you and your mom can make a compromise about a dating age that's appropriate, or that you could hang out with him in a group date. Try to be respectful of her opinions and listen to her reasoning!

Meghan D.

by Quietfriend1415 on 1/14/2013 6:10:44 PM

There is no set age on dating, everyone and our parents are different. Some parents encourage it and others dont. You just need to do it when you feel ready and not follow friends, but it seems normal to date at 12 and 13 for some people. A lot of people say you should be older because of the temptations that come along with dating. And a lot of us give in or feel pressured, so I would do what feels comfortable for you.

by fashionqn on 1/8/2013 11:01:49 PM

How old should you be to have a bf? I'm 12 and was just wondering. One of my bffs has had different bfs since like 1ST GRADE! What??

by Rotfl:brbttyl:) on 1/3/2013 5:29:33 PM

I am 14 in 9th grade and i am not allowed to date until i turn 16. It sucks because there has been boys that i have really liked that has really liked me back and i couldn't do anything. But something i learned is that you may say that you are in love with this boy or with that boy but you really aren't. you just have strong feelings for him. I became the girlfriend of some kid that i had liked for a whole school year but we did't go until the end of the year which sucked because it was only 2 weeks. And he broke up with me because he didn't want to have a long distance relationship since he was going to London for the summer(because of the Olympics). the following school year we got back together but i broke up with him because i thought that i was in love with someone else. It was a mistake and the thing is that me and that kid still have feelings for each but we can't out. You can't say you love someone because you have strong feelings for them.

by bearryorange on 1/3/2013 9:34:41 AM

BF at 11, not the best idea?

One of my acquaintances at school told me her sister has a bf at age 11. We were talking about guys and dating and she mentioned her sister was dating and now has her first bf. I am not sure if that is a good idea but she felt it was not a big deal. We never got around to talking about if her mom knew, I would think she does so everyone's family and what we can do is different.

by fashionqn on 12/13/2012 5:01:44 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!!! Ok so usually people hang out with boys outside of school and stuff. I haven't exactly done that yet..... I am in 7th grade and i communicate with them but i really would never end up going to like the beach with them... I don't really like my grade. The guys at our school isolate themselves but not to their girlfriends. Im starting to wonder if this is not normal.....

Hey girlie, you're only in 7th grade. So it's not a big deal that you're not hanging out with boys outside of school. Boys at your age are still really immature, so it's fine if there's not anyone that you want to hang out with.

Lauren T.

by marylofal16 on 12/12/2012 7:51:44 PM

Dear Girls Life,
I Want a boyfriend so bad because i feel lonely all the time. I think im really pretty and ssweet and nice to everyone so i would be able t gte a guy but there are no cute nice boys at my school how do i get one, I mean its ok with my mom and everthing i just really need a guy

Hey girlie, unfortunately there are times when that happens to everyone. Just because you haven't met the right guy to be your boyfriend doesn't mean you should feel lonely. You still have your friends and family. Appreciate the time you have with them and just have fun. They always say that you find love when you're not looking for it, and I've found that to be true.

Lauren T.

by leah52899 on 12/12/2012 5:40:50 PM

I need help, ASAP! so this boy told my best friend he likes me and now everyone seems to think i like him to! They all tell me to go out with him when I dont even like him! And i cant have a conversation with my friend without her saying " Oh he loves you, you love him you guys are perfect for eachother" its really bugging me and i tried to talk to her about it and she said "Okay but im still gonna think what i want".. she told everyone about it and now people always bug me about it. what do i do!!??!! PLease HELP!

Hey girl,

If he hasn't said anything to you, you don't have to do anything about it since this is just a rumor, but if he does say something to you, tell him that you just want to be friends with him. It's better to be honest with him now than to hurt his feelings later! As for your friend, just tell her you don't like him and don't want to talk about it, and try starting conversations with her about other topics. She will get the hint eventually!

Meghan D.

Meghan D.

by livelovelaugh143 on 12/10/2012 8:22:18 PM

There is this guy I REALLY like at school (I'm in 8th grade) and I think he likes me but I don't know! On a field trip he told me he wanted to me in my group but my group was full and he sounded kinda sad. We also eat lunch together everyday with one of our other friends. He sits behind me in one of our classes and always talks to me during passing period... and I walk him out to the bus after school everyday with one of my girlfriends. One time he warned me that this super creepy guy was gonna ask me to dance so I could avoid the creeper the whole dance and I thanked him but he didn't really say anything--all he did was tease me about it! I don't know if he likes me but if he does I would like to ask him out. But I have the same problem, my mom won't let me date. Please help, thanks. Smile

by maksquirt on 12/9/2012 8:28:41 PM