1 HOURS AGO RT @InternQueen: SO excited to have execs from @USATODAYcollege @GOLINglobal @girlslifemag & more at 1st ever #InternQueenParty #DC! http:/http://t.co/FPbSl5siz2

2 HOURS AGO Glam up with @thegivermovie-inspired nail polish: http://t.co/BZdTlAzmjY

3 HOURS AGO Take our survey and tell us how YOU feel about cigs: http://t.co/LS4LilscPc

COMMENTS

How can I get someone to stop texting and driving?

My older sister’s friend sometimes drives us places, but she talks and texts on her cell phone while she’s behind the wheel, and it makes...

I have an issue with my mom. While I love her tons, and she is a great person, she is very hard to talk to. When I was a little kid, she always taught me not to interrupt people or wait until there was a break in the conversation to say something, but now she interrupts me all the time. I have tried to tell explain this to her a million times, but either she won't let me finish talking, or doesn't remember the last time I asked her not to interrupt me. Sometimes I just feel like I can't talk because I can never say what I need to. Is there anything I can do/ say to get the message across, that will get her to stay quiet for a few minutes and let me get a full sentence out, on more than one occasion?

by thejewelryfreak on 1/10/2013 11:22:28 AM

One of my friends likes to text and drive at the same time. He isn't supposed to be driving because he doesn't have a learners permit. I tell him all the time not to do that. He likes to speed and he gets distracted really easy. He also drives without his mom in the car. He drives his younger brothers around and that is even scarier. I tell him that he needs to get a permit but he failed it once and hasn't tried since. Someone please help me!

by Originally Unique on 1/5/2013 1:00:37 PM

help, my pockets are draining! My parents give me an allowance but i don't have anything to offer my piggy bank because the food they offer at my schools canteen is so expensive! I'mtoo busy studying to make my own food, much lesss get a job or eat breakfast. I don't ask allowance everyday cause i dont want my parents to think i'm a big spender. I find myself constantly digging my piggy bank! Help!

Hey girl,

Even though you're busy studying, you can still save by not buying food at school, at least not everyday! Try packing something easy like a sandwich, fruit and salad that won't take long to put together. And breakfast is super important, so try eating something quick like a bar or cereal to get you going! You can also make your breakfast and lunch the night before in case you run late in the morning.

Meghan D.

by lizheartslondon on 1/4/2013 9:30:15 PM

Wow, that's a scary situation to be in. I would find stories about tragedies that happened when a teen was texting and driving, just like have_a_heart said. Then, when the car ride is over, pull her aside and say, "It's really scary when you text and drive at the same time. When you do that, think that you're not only putting my life and my sister's life in danger, but yours too. You should really think about that." Then, don't be afraid to have a chat with your ssiter and see if you guys can change things.

by horselover0609 on 12/29/2012 12:03:04 PM

NEED MORE FRIENDS
All my friends are changing and not for the better and I don't won't do be apart of it but I'm homeschooled. How can I make more friends?

by MoonGirl2 on 12/27/2012 1:47:31 PM

FRIEND OR FOE
I am in a really tight situation you see..... My BFF knows I really like this guy and have been into him for years and she is dating him!! She says her so-called-friends dare her to ask him out but I don't believe it one bit. I mean really, it has 'accidently' happened about 10 times... in ONE year. She has been my friend for 2-3 years now. I really wanna stay her friend, I have told her before I don't like her doing that but she pretends that she is innocent. I give presents to my crush, I gave him a card, a 10$ hat so far this year.. I talk to even my mom about it but she doesn't know anything what I mean. My friend is the nicest person ever but.. What should I do?!

by Dash1432 on 12/26/2012 6:30:06 PM

She really has to stop. Print out a bunch of articles about teenagers who died in texting and driving accidents. Leave them in her car. Harsh, but I lost my best friend in a car accident that had nothing to do with texting, so if you could prevent your big sister from losing hers, then why wouldn't you? Everyone walks around with a "This won't happen to me complex, it can't" But it can, and if she keeps this up, it WILL. And she could kill a four year old with her too.

by have_a_heart on 12/26/2012 1:29:52 AM

My Mom texts while driving ALL THE TIME and I always tell her to stop. Sadly, she doesn't listen.

by YouCanCallMeCat on 12/23/2012 12:37:20 AM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
I'm going out for pizza with my boyfriend tomorrow ( so excited I finally got one!!!) and I don't know what to wear. Option 1: A crop top with peach, bright pink, light pink and white flowers on it with bright pink lace around the neckline with bright pink jewels, a gray cami underneath, gray leggings and silver glittery flats. I would accesorize with these silver ''lace'' drop earrings, with a pink stone and pink rhinestones surronding the stone, and a silver, glittery clutch with silver rhinestones around the edge. Option 2: A turquiose shirt with lacy sleeves, a gray cami, black lace leggings, and silver glittery flats. I would accesorize with navy and turquiose stone drop earrings, and the same clutch. Help!!!!!!

Hey! I think the second one sounds the cutest. Perfect for a fun pizza date. Good luck and have a great time!

Helen S.

by Sarah510 on 12/22/2012 1:52:27 PM

by puddinface7 on 12/22/2012 12:42:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
When are the writing contest winners going to be posted? Or bave they?? I can't seem to find it anywhere? The writing contest that was in like July/August? Thanks so much!!!!!! Smile

Hey quest6c, I don't think we have those writing contests anymore. If you haven't seen them since the summer, then they're probably over. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by quest6c on 12/21/2012 7:02:07 PM

Mod mod mod!
Where can i find the winners of the week two December weekly giveaways? I only see the first week.
Thanks!

Hey peetakatniss1, only week 1 has been posted. Check back next week for the second list of winners. Xoxo

Lynae P.