Bridget M.

is modding

26 MINUTES AGO .@VictoriaJustice and @Meghan_Trainor are #twinning in their adorable Christmas sweaters👯:http://t.co/B35TZJCsOOO#Christagramingg

AN HOUR AGO #HappyHanukkah, GLgirls 😘pic.twitter.com/VEbhCp3m1EE

AN HOUR AGO DC/MD/VA girls: Join celeb stylists + the @Redskins for a fun, fashionable @NFLFanStyle night tmrw! http://t.co/vMQWbZv7MK #NFLfanstyle

COMMENTS

I feel dumb in class

I've been trying hard in school, but sometimes I just feel so dumb in class. Dear Not a Star Student, Very few kinds shine in every subject...

I am very bad in Algebra 1....I got a 30 on a test once but today I got a 98. What you can do is talk to your teacher about coming into school early to work on what you didn't understand in class. It helped me.

by ihappentobelivvy on 3/14/2013 4:34:08 PM

Dont feel that bad not everyone ios good in school, Im one of those people. My friends are all smarter than me an d triede to tuter me but it never worked thats why they gave up on me.....IM NOT BRIGHT EITHER

by Vikkinskeep on 1/19/2013 6:53:10 PM

thats ok that ur not good in EVREY subject there has got to b SOMETHING ur good at!

by hslol101 on 1/9/2013 9:42:30 PM

I don't want to sound mean, but I am one of those people who are good in every subject. I know people who are good in certain subjects but have a hard time in others. My best friend is good in science but is not very good in math.

by ty18le81r6 on 1/8/2013 8:46:56 PM

This guy asked me out on New Year's Day through text. I talked to my parents and they said I could say yes so I did. I met him at a soccer game a few months back. He goes to a neighboring school. I am friends with some people at his school. And yesterday he got his iPod taken away which was the only form of talk we had, so I couldn't text him. I texted my friend who goes to his school to ask him if he knew when he was getting his iPod back. And my friend asked that but she also asked him if he asked me out yet. He said "no". Why would he say that? On New Year's Day when we were texting a lot he called me his girlfriend. Why wouldhe have told her he hasn't asked me out yet? Thanks

by Ljbdaisy on 1/3/2013 11:24:41 AM

How can I be more confident in class? Sometimes I do raise my hand to answer questions and stuff, but a lot of times I'm afraid to speak up, especially in my English 1 Honors class. I think it's because I'm afraid to get the answer wrong and look stupid or something in front of the whole class. All my friends and teachers know I'm smart, and I know I am too, but I want to speak up and be more confident in class. It's on of my resolutions. Thank you!

Hey girl, I used to have the same problem. I think it helps to plan something to say about the homework while you're doing it - write it down, make a note somewhere in the book you're reading, and be ready to bring it up in class the next day. Knowing what you're going to say and knowing you've had time to think about it beforehand sometimes makes it easier to get over that fear of being wrong. Another thing to remember is that everybody's wrong sometimes. I'm sure you don't judge other people in your class for getting an answer wrong, they're not going to judge you either. Good luck!

Allie S.

by Sheyenne on 1/1/2013 8:25:58 PM

I always crush on older guys who are 4 years older because they are my bro teammates and friends. I always know nothing will ever happen between us. Also i go to a private school and our class has 8 boys in it and i don't like any of them really. I really want to start liking my guys age for once! PLEASE HELP!

Hey girl,

If your grade only has eight boys, it's normal that you might not be attracted to any of them! It's okay to not have a crush, so don't worry if you're happy being single for a while! You could also try to meet guys at your community center through community sports or through your church or other activities, but don't worry if you don't have a crush at the moment! Focus on having fun with your family and friends, and a crush will come when the time is right Smile

Meghan D.

by coco4 on 12/31/2012 6:35:07 PM

I have my own small blog (mostly my friends and family read it) and I'm having a contest. For people to submit their entry, I gave my email address. My mom read the post and told me I had to take off the email because it's "not safe." or create another email. I said i would never check another email. i don't think it's really fair because no one reads my blog but my friends. What should i do?

Hey girl,

Even though your mom's rule seems harsh, she's only concerned about your safety because she loves you! It might help your blog seem more professional to have its own email address, and if you know about the contest you could check it once every day or so since you'll want to see the entries. Try using a site like Gmail where you can start an account for your blog for free!

Meghan D.

by genieinabottle on 12/31/2012 6:24:15 PM

UGH!
This winter I tried out for a Musical even though I knew I would have to quit basketball. I got an amazing part in the play! My friends were happy for me but didn't want me to leave basketball. Should I go with my friends or go with my dream in becomeing an actress? How do I even tell my Coach that I'm quiting?? I need advice...
Thanks!!

by emilyscifi on 12/31/2012 1:12:49 PM

Oh My Gawd i mean i am like this all the time especially in Math Class i mean most of the time when my teacher is teaching the topic in math am like oh My Gawd this is so easy and this is not hard and when he gives out a few excerises am like totally dumb like a nut i cant do anything i am Brainless.. i dont but the more try i always fail Maths -_-

by SexehAngel on 12/30/2012 8:02:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD okay so i so want a facebook but my parents keep saying no they say it's bad but i tryed to tell them i will only go to profiles of people i know.I'm in the 6th grade and almost everybody in my grade has one.I think since i'm alowwed to go to all night skateing with just my friend and go around the mall in another town with just my friend i should be alowwed to have a facebook. what could i do to get them let me have a facebook? PLEASE HELP ME THXSmile

Hey girlie, look at the privacy policy and show your parents that you can decide who sees what you post. Show them that you'll be safe and maybe they'll change

their minds.

Lauren T.

by rockrocker101 on 12/30/2012 5:06:49 PM

I know I started to feel like this during grade 8. I used to never get anything below an 80, but all of a sudden it got harder and harder to get those good grades. It turns out, I have anxiety, especially in math class! Now I have to see a tutor and sometimes I can't write a test in class because my anxiety amps up. But the main thing is that I address it head on and I feel a lot better after taking a test or quiz, even if I don't get the As I strive for.

by Blushing-Beauty on 12/29/2012 2:15:18 PM

I moved a year ago to Virginia, and my friends last year weren't very good. Anyways, this year I made a lot of new friends. My only problem is all my good friends are always grounded. It makes hanging out with them really hard! Also, a lot of my friends want to go out to a movie, ice cream, etc. but I don't really get a lot of allowance. How can I ask them if we can just hang out at home/ do something cheaper? Thanks in advance!

Hey! Next time the suggest a movie or something come up with a similar alternative like watching one at home. Also, if you're the first person to suggest hanging out at home people might be more receptive than if they already have their hearts set on ice cream. Good luck!

Helen S.

by genieinabottle on 12/29/2012 2:12:57 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD!!!
I just joined my ski team at school and everyone is so good because they ski every weekend meanwhile I'm not very good at skiing because I'm afraid of going fast and crashing. I like skiing but how do I get over my fear of going fast because and stepping out of my comfort zone. I'm a very good athelet but this is preventing me from being the best I can be. Please help.
Thanks!!!

Hey girl, I'm the same way. Haven't gone on a hill above the one directly after the bunny hill. No need to be embarrassed, skiing takes a long while to learn and get comfortable with because it is dangerous. Really just take your time and ask your friends to show you some pointers.

lauren r.

by fgks345 on 12/29/2012 10:44:55 AM

The story about Carol Greider is so inspirational. (:

by purplerainn on 12/28/2012 8:48:47 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I don't understand. Last year, everything was so easy. I didn't even have to study and I would ace tests. It seems like I've become less smart over the summer and I am getting bad grades on my tests and I actually have to study to get an average grade. What am I doing wrong?

Hey transform2314, are your subjects getting harder? Are you feeling more stressed? What are the differences in your life? Xoxo

Lynae P.

by transform2314 on 12/28/2012 7:32:34 PM

ok, I feel u soooo much, latley, I have felt soo dumb in class, I cried, but shes right, I'm really good at english, but math is not my strongest point, u've just got to make sure u'r trying u'r best, and hope it gets ya somewhere

Stay beautiful,

a friend who cares

by am=oreo on 12/28/2012 4:29:25 PM

I feel the same way in math, but I'm really great in English Smile

by YouCanCallMeCat on 12/28/2012 2:06:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am baby sitting for three hours tonight and she usually just pays me by how much money she has in her wallet. But the last time i baby sat i baby sat for four and a half hours and went home with ten dollars, that time i baby sat three of her children. Tonight i have all of her kids, aging 20 months, 2,4, and 8 years.I am watching them for three and a half hours and i want to be paid $10 an hour since i have all of her kids, but how should i ask for a raise? She is a family friend and is my sister and i only baby sitting job, i get the job when my sister can't. Thanks Smile

Hey hun, that only seems fair to me! To avoid any complications I would talk to the parents privately and state your rate before they leave for the night out. It's a fair price that you deserve so they should be okay with it. Always state your rate before the parents go out, this way they can't only give you what's in their purse, which doesn't seem fair to me.

Jenn S.

by favcolorgreen on 12/28/2012 10:46:05 AM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.
4. Paste this to 4 other quizzes. If you do this, your crush will kiss you on the nearest Friday, but if you read this and do not paste this, then you will have very bad luck! SEND THIS TO 5 QUIZZES IN 143 MINUTES. WHEN YOU'RE DONE PRESS F6 AND YOUR CRUSH'S NAME WILL APPEAR IN BIG LETTERS ON THE SCREEN.

by beaky54321 on 12/28/2012 10:19:32 AM

I know how you feel. I felt so dumb in math class last year. I had a crazy mean teacher who actually practically called me dumb in front of the whole class. She said I was flunking her class and was the most unorganized person she had met in her life. Just know you're not dumb, you just may have trouble in certain subjects over others. But there is stuff you can do about that! I've had an incredible math tutor for almost a year now and she's helped me SO much to understand everything better (: If you start feeling like you're dumb you are going to give up and your grades wont turn out to reflect how smart you really are.

by maggie183 on 12/28/2012 9:26:52 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
My friend always puts herself down especially when it come to tests. She always says I'm going to fail or your way smarter then me. Since we sit together in my math class I have to listen to it. I always tell her she'll do just fine and that she's smart and not to say that stuff. She also puts herself down about her looks to. She says she's fat or not pretty enough for a guy to like her. I tell her it's not true but she still talks bout it all the time. HELP!

Hey hun, your doing a great job so far boosting her self-esteem. But it seems there must be an underlying issue here. I would urge her to talk to a trusted adult or counselor, they can get her the help she needs in ways a trusted friend like you can't.

Jenn S.

by zebranista<3 on 12/28/2012 9:08:55 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
my bf and i hav dated for 3 months and the other day he tried to make out with me but i got super nervous and stopped before anything really started because ive never made out with anyone and i have no idea what to do. how can i ease my nerves and how do you make out?!

Hey hun, the best advice I can give you is close your eyes, take a deep breath, and follow his lead. It's alright if your no pro at first and its perfectly okay to be nervous, just don't overthink it!

Jenn S.