1 HOURS AGO How to stay healthy during Labor Day cookouts: http://t.co/RthaSviW43

2 HOURS AGO Poppin' pin-worthy BTS nail art: http://t.co/EykNKhp6zB

3 HOURS AGO ICYMI find out who took home a #VMA moon man: http://t.co/iSbqAtVltQ

COMMENTS

Everybody's a critic! Here's how to deal

We love our fam and friends, but sometimes, they drive us up the wall with the not-so-sensitive things they say oh, 24/7. Loved ones making...

OMG!!!!! the one comment, out of many, that seems to stay with me is what my family told me on my 13th birthday! I'm so angry still and im about to turn 15. The fact they decided to comment on the way I naturally look ruined my whole b-day. I wanted to tell everyone off right then and there and i'm the sweet, shy type, but that... I'll never think of them the same again.

by glitzimani382 on 2/28/2013 9:15:42 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!! Okay so it seems like my room is always messy. My mom comments on it, my dad's a perfectionist and a clean freak, and my brothers' room is bigger than but just as messy but they don't comment on it. I try to clean it as much as possible but i have alot on my plate... I teach myself piano, am an honor student at my school so I study ALOT, I have a boyfriend who I love to spend time with but rarely am able to, I teach myself to sing, I sketch to relieve most of my stress, I have chores, I workout, I have friends, and I have my dog to take care of who is like a bottomless pit. I try to keep my room clean but sometimes i dont have the time. I'm a perfectionist like my dad and love to keep things tidy but I never find time to clean. Its makeing me get stressed out and super sad. I'M NOT SUPER GIRL I CANT'T DO EVERYTHING!!! Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could budget a time on the weekend or after school to clean your room, or you could ask your parents for tips on how to organize better since they are tidy. They could help you figure out how to make and keep your room clean and maybe buy you some bins or other organizing items to help you out. And you could work out a cleaning schedule with them that works for both them and you. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by beachheads1016 on 2/25/2013 5:17:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I was always the kid bullied in school. My friend is a popular chick with TONS of friends and perople having crushes on her. She insults me (she thinks jokingly) and it really hurts. I told her to stop, she doesn't. My other friend gives me attitude all the time and gets on my nerves. I want them as friends but I don't! If I am not friends with them, I have nobody. If I stay friends with them, I get hurt. I just want to start over in a new school, toen, state even country where nobody will know me. Sometimes I even feel like I wanna start cutting. I need friends and I really need help! What should I do about my friends? How can I start over? What can I do?! Please, please please answer!!!!

hey! I'm really sorry you feel like hurting yourself, and I want to do everything I can to convince you that it's not the answer. You can totally make new friends at your own school by reaching out to people. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself in these situations, and if things are getting tough you have to talk to someone, whether its a counselor or a teacher or parent. I really hope this helps! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Helen S.

by hannygl10 on 1/25/2013 10:28:23 PM

When my mom says she don't like my new out fights that I loved. I just huff and let it go.

by MoonGirl2 on 12/28/2012 1:39:14 PM

Mod modmod
So, I love to sing. In the showerSmile I want to sing in public but, even though I am loud, fun (I think) person, public speaking is a HORROR to me. It's my fear of messing up and how people will react. My point is, is that we have a talent show each year (I tried out last year with 3 friends singing... sadly we didn't make it but we would've been much better than most of the others). I WANT to try out but I know I wouldn't have the guts to. I cant even sing in my real voice infront of my friends, even though they think I have an awesome voice.

Hey girlie, I know it's scary but be confident! If you believe in yourself, everyone around you will too. Start with the audition. It'll just be in front of a few people so if you mess up it won't be so embarrassing. And practice in front of your friends. They love you, and I know they'll be there to support you in this.
Lauren T.

by cookiemonstah123 on 12/26/2012 7:12:48 PM

I need some help. My personal space gets invaded all the time. My brothers will enter my room like it was there own! My brothers will walk into the bath room when i am in there like no one was there! I lock the door but they take a coin and unlock it and barge right in. They even do this when i am in the shower, on the toilelt or just doing my hair! I try to talk to my dad about it but he wount do any thing about it. Please help!!!!

by AMY12345 on 12/26/2012 6:25:02 AM

Mod mod mod! I am freaking out. Tomorrow me 4 of my bgfs and one is a girl. I need advice what to say, how to act and how to dress ( not to look like I'm trying too hard though) oh did I mention I have An giant crush on one of them!!!!!! I have no clue what to wear how to do my hair.. NOTHING.PLEASE help my hair it's to my shoulders when straightenEd.

Hey girl,

I would maybe wear something casual like a cute top and jeans, and something casual with your hair like a cute pony or just wearing it down. Check out our style channel for more fashion and hair ideas! http://www.girlslife.com/category/style-beauty.aspx

Meghan D.

by sophierose1d on 12/16/2012 12:52:21 AM

@Beach girl- Im not a proffesional, but I know how you feel because my mom is the same way! Are you closer to your dad, or have a wise grandmother? Or maybe even a close friend? Hopefully they will help you, but if not, just speak up! Dont say anything mean and witty, just simply tell her it kinda hurt your feelings. If this STILL continues, just ignore her. You are perfectly fine the way you are!

by sarahsprinkles265 on 12/14/2012 7:39:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I just need to talk to someone..there was a school shooting at one of the elementary schools today. 20 kids died and 8 adults....Obama has already been on the news talking about it and its all so big and so much and everyone I know is just crying..how do I get through this right now I feel like I'm just going to go crazy

Hey girl,

It was really sad for all of us to hear about what happened today! If it's affecting you, you should talk to a trusted adult like a parent, teacher or guidance counselor. They'll be able to help you with what you're going through! For additional help, check out this post: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by maggie183 on 12/14/2012 4:14:19 PM

MODMODMOD!!******
How do i know if i have depression? lately i've been having suicidal thoughts, im not going to act upon them but ive been having those types of thoughts, i get sad way to easily now, and i let things get to me for weeks. I'm so tired of being sad, i have thoughts of running away or even using distractions to get away from my life (ex. alcohol)
please any advice? or someone i can personally talk to ?

Hey girlie, talk to a guidance counselor or nurse at school to get advice about what you should do. They'll be able to point you in the right direction to get you the help you need.

Lauren T.