1 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 cutie cozies up to the coral craze with @livefashionABLE's Etanesh scarf: http://t.co/u6kdgFkmia

2 HOURS AGO Beat summer boredom, celeb style: http://t.co/e13QhQBPKt

14 HOURS AGO Is your best friend a true friend? Take the quiz to find out: http://t.co/oqUldKXc7j

COMMENTS

Everybody's a critic! Here's how to deal

We love our fam and friends, but sometimes, they drive us up the wall with the not-so-sensitive things they say oh, 24/7. Loved ones making...

OMG!!!!! the one comment, out of many, that seems to stay with me is what my family told me on my 13th birthday! I'm so angry still and im about to turn 15. The fact they decided to comment on the way I naturally look ruined my whole b-day. I wanted to tell everyone off right then and there and i'm the sweet, shy type, but that... I'll never think of them the same again.

by glitzimani382 on 2/28/2013 9:15:42 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!! Okay so it seems like my room is always messy. My mom comments on it, my dad's a perfectionist and a clean freak, and my brothers' room is bigger than but just as messy but they don't comment on it. I try to clean it as much as possible but i have alot on my plate... I teach myself piano, am an honor student at my school so I study ALOT, I have a boyfriend who I love to spend time with but rarely am able to, I teach myself to sing, I sketch to relieve most of my stress, I have chores, I workout, I have friends, and I have my dog to take care of who is like a bottomless pit. I try to keep my room clean but sometimes i dont have the time. I'm a perfectionist like my dad and love to keep things tidy but I never find time to clean. Its makeing me get stressed out and super sad. I'M NOT SUPER GIRL I CANT'T DO EVERYTHING!!! Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could budget a time on the weekend or after school to clean your room, or you could ask your parents for tips on how to organize better since they are tidy. They could help you figure out how to make and keep your room clean and maybe buy you some bins or other organizing items to help you out. And you could work out a cleaning schedule with them that works for both them and you. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by beachheads1016 on 2/25/2013 5:17:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I was always the kid bullied in school. My friend is a popular chick with TONS of friends and perople having crushes on her. She insults me (she thinks jokingly) and it really hurts. I told her to stop, she doesn't. My other friend gives me attitude all the time and gets on my nerves. I want them as friends but I don't! If I am not friends with them, I have nobody. If I stay friends with them, I get hurt. I just want to start over in a new school, toen, state even country where nobody will know me. Sometimes I even feel like I wanna start cutting. I need friends and I really need help! What should I do about my friends? How can I start over? What can I do?! Please, please please answer!!!!

hey! I'm really sorry you feel like hurting yourself, and I want to do everything I can to convince you that it's not the answer. You can totally make new friends at your own school by reaching out to people. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself in these situations, and if things are getting tough you have to talk to someone, whether its a counselor or a teacher or parent. I really hope this helps! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Helen S.

by hannygl10 on 1/25/2013 10:28:23 PM

When my mom says she don't like my new out fights that I loved. I just huff and let it go.

by MoonGirl2 on 12/28/2012 1:39:14 PM

Mod modmod
So, I love to sing. In the showerSmile I want to sing in public but, even though I am loud, fun (I think) person, public speaking is a HORROR to me. It's my fear of messing up and how people will react. My point is, is that we have a talent show each year (I tried out last year with 3 friends singing... sadly we didn't make it but we would've been much better than most of the others). I WANT to try out but I know I wouldn't have the guts to. I cant even sing in my real voice infront of my friends, even though they think I have an awesome voice.

Hey girlie, I know it's scary but be confident! If you believe in yourself, everyone around you will too. Start with the audition. It'll just be in front of a few people so if you mess up it won't be so embarrassing. And practice in front of your friends. They love you, and I know they'll be there to support you in this.
Lauren T.

by cookiemonstah123 on 12/26/2012 7:12:48 PM

I need some help. My personal space gets invaded all the time. My brothers will enter my room like it was there own! My brothers will walk into the bath room when i am in there like no one was there! I lock the door but they take a coin and unlock it and barge right in. They even do this when i am in the shower, on the toilelt or just doing my hair! I try to talk to my dad about it but he wount do any thing about it. Please help!!!!

by AMY12345 on 12/26/2012 6:25:02 AM

Mod mod mod! I am freaking out. Tomorrow me 4 of my bgfs and one is a girl. I need advice what to say, how to act and how to dress ( not to look like I'm trying too hard though) oh did I mention I have An giant crush on one of them!!!!!! I have no clue what to wear how to do my hair.. NOTHING.PLEASE help my hair it's to my shoulders when straightenEd.

Hey girl,

I would maybe wear something casual like a cute top and jeans, and something casual with your hair like a cute pony or just wearing it down. Check out our style channel for more fashion and hair ideas! http://www.girlslife.com/category/style-beauty.aspx

Meghan D.

by sophierose1d on 12/16/2012 12:52:21 AM

@Beach girl- Im not a proffesional, but I know how you feel because my mom is the same way! Are you closer to your dad, or have a wise grandmother? Or maybe even a close friend? Hopefully they will help you, but if not, just speak up! Dont say anything mean and witty, just simply tell her it kinda hurt your feelings. If this STILL continues, just ignore her. You are perfectly fine the way you are!

by sarahsprinkles265 on 12/14/2012 7:39:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I just need to talk to someone..there was a school shooting at one of the elementary schools today. 20 kids died and 8 adults....Obama has already been on the news talking about it and its all so big and so much and everyone I know is just crying..how do I get through this right now I feel like I'm just going to go crazy

Hey girl,

It was really sad for all of us to hear about what happened today! If it's affecting you, you should talk to a trusted adult like a parent, teacher or guidance counselor. They'll be able to help you with what you're going through! For additional help, check out this post: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by maggie183 on 12/14/2012 4:14:19 PM

MODMODMOD!!******
How do i know if i have depression? lately i've been having suicidal thoughts, im not going to act upon them but ive been having those types of thoughts, i get sad way to easily now, and i let things get to me for weeks. I'm so tired of being sad, i have thoughts of running away or even using distractions to get away from my life (ex. alcohol)
please any advice? or someone i can personally talk to ?

Hey girlie, talk to a guidance counselor or nurse at school to get advice about what you should do. They'll be able to point you in the right direction to get you the help you need.

Lauren T.

by hippiechild on 12/12/2012 8:59:43 PM

sry ljbdaisy... i think i accidentally reported u..... sorry. but next time ur sister disagrees with u just say, "You know, (sister's name), disrespecting my opinion doesn't make you any more right, or any better of a person" this is respectful and points out to her wht's wrong with her negativity. hope this helps!!! Laughing

by Beach Girl <3 on 12/12/2012 8:24:59 PM

My mom is well... fat. She feels aweful about herself and hates that she's not fit like she used to be. So I'm not the skinniest person but im normal, maybe a little chunky, but definately not fat or anywhere close. But the most annoying thing is that shes always bringing up that i eat too much or need to do something about 'my weight.' I dont really care what she says and i really want to lash out at her. But i dont because i know that she just wants the best for me and whenever i tell her that im happy with how i am, she pretty much says that i shouldn't be. I dont really care that im a little chunky. I still look nice and nobody really notices - but my mom makes it so hard for me to just be happy about myself? how can i get it across to her to lay off without being rude or upsetting her?

by Beach Girl <3 on 12/12/2012 8:20:21 PM

So I go to private school, and I am looking for a high school to go to. I love school 1, I feel like I fit in, i love the teachers, the programs, the campus, everything. School 2 was my first choice hs, but now that I look at it more I dont care for it. It believes extra curriculars are more important than academics, and none of my friends want to go there. My mom came home from work and was saying how I should go to school 3, because someone she just met at work said it's great. I have looked at this school, and it isnt. Not many kids are accepted into college, there is a bullying problem with new students who start in hs not kindergarten (which would be me). I told my mom this, and then she started dissing my first choice school. My dad has helped me with hs, and he agrees with me. My mom hasn't looked into these schools at all and told me earlier multiple times that she doesn't care.

Hey girlie, show her the research you've done. Explain to her why your first choice is the right school for you and what you need.
Lauren T.

by Maddie5321 on 12/9/2012 7:21:59 PM

MOD! I think i might like this kid.Im pretty sure he likes me due to the amount of flirting he's done. the thing is im 2 years older. im in 10th grade and he's in 8th. so he's not even in the high school yet. someone told me that he's too young for me but i dont think so.Is this whole affair wrong??!!!!!

Hey girlie, 2 years isn't such a big difference. Do what makes you happy and go after what you want!

Lauren T.

by ladyinlike on 12/9/2012 7:20:45 PM

once i was eating my lunch next to my friend. i packed cheetos, and she said these exact words (or something like them): "you're so lucky, my mom doesn't let me pack junk food in my lunch." i wanted to insult her lunch right back, but i didn't (obviously)

by fashionista997 on 12/9/2012 6:35:29 PM

Well my sister disagrees with everything I say

by ljbdaisy on 12/9/2012 6:13:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD! so every thanksgiving and christmas my family goes over to my aunt and uncles house and i always hate going over because im usually left standing alone and no one talks to me, not even my mom dad or sister. and my sister has no problem starting a conversation with my aunt or my cousins. im not shy with any of my friends and a lot of my friends make me to the teachers because they know im the brave 1, but suddenly when we go to my moms familys house im mute! did i mention i cant stand them?! theyre rly wealthy and stuck up(they own 2 houses that each cost a million dollars!) and all they talk about is all their electronics. they completely ignore me and this thanksgiving my mom told me to help my aunt, cousin, and sister help peel the eggs and i was having trouble with mine and my aunt took the 1 i had and gave me another 1 without saying anything, like she knew i was 2 stupid to peel it! she hates me, but shes super close with my sister. i wanna fit in, what do i do?!

Hey girlie, maybe you're so quiet around your family because you don't like them or you feel uncomfortable. I'm sure they don't hate you! Just try to be yourself and start up a conversation with someone. It might make you feel more comfortable if you start out by joining a conversation that your mom, dad or sister is having with someone.

Lauren T.

by fearless;) on 12/9/2012 5:42:18 PM

How can you get to answer mods?

Hey girlie, GL hires mods on an as-needed basis. You have to be over 18 to apply.

Lauren T.

by miley13t on 12/9/2012 5:40:46 PM

Haha my grandma is the opposite! She always tells me how fantastic of an artist I am and how I am so good at creative things! My parents can be a little critical sometimes but not that bad!

by cupcakecutie325 on 12/9/2012 11:18:38 AM

Weird. My grandma goes on about how thin I am. I'm not even thin. I'm muscular. Weird. Just weird.
But thanks for this ppl really are critics!
********************************************HEY GIRLS!!!!!***************************************************

by puddinface7 on 12/9/2012 9:19:44 AM

I was in the car with my Grandma and I was singing the song that I was doing for the talent show for her and she stopped me in the middle of it and said "That sounds horrible!!! Don't sing it like that, it makes you sound awful. Sing it light and soft and it might actually sound ok. Let me guess... you're trying to sound like the pop-singer who sings it. All of those stars nowadays don't even sing, all they do is scream." I had to hold myself back from screaming "I'm not singing like a "pop-singer" I'm singing with my own style!!!" I know they can't help it but jeesh!!! A little harsh. =(

by music191 on 12/9/2012 9:05:21 AM

MOD MOD..could you answer this quickly?
My basketball team is doing this thing where we all have to buy a gift for under $15 and then we all randomly get one of the gifts. What should I get? It's an all girls team...thanks for your advice xoxo

Hey girl, an easy out would be a gift card for $10 or $15 to a cool store. Maybe you could do a nice pack of nail polish. They have a really awesome nail polish sets now, can't go wrong with that!

lauren r.

by rcy9 on 12/9/2012 7:42:08 AM

Hey girlies! Come join my club IT GIRL!
It features everything like how to become the it girl at your school and tons of advice!

by iheartparis101 on 12/8/2012 7:30:07 PM

NEED ADVICE FAST? GO HERE: http://www.girlslife.com/AdviceQueen.aspx?id=10905

by myfatsquirrel on 12/8/2012 7:29:54 PM

OMG YES!!!! My grandmother is always telling me that i need to workout more and that I really shouldn't eat a hamburger. But then she will push food on me and tell me to eat everything! ERGG it makes me so mad!

by gracezoom144 on 12/8/2012 3:16:36 PM

MODMODMOD!
What does MOD mean? Sorry I'm new here

Hey! Mod is short for Moderator and that's my job, to moderate and check all the comments on the site to keep it safe and fun for you guys Smile If you have a question about anything or need advice start your comment with "mod mod mod" and one of the moderators on duty will get back to you as soon as she can. thanks for the question!

Helen S.