AN HOUR AGO Obsessed with Jane makeup like we are? Then you’ll def want to check out this #BeautyBlowout: http://t.co/98vG84Nw7G

15 HOURS AGO It is never too soon to start thinking about fall fashion! Here are some of our favs: #GLStyle http://t.co/ur0KcH2S0v

16 HOURS AGO #Quiz: Is you friend a real friend? http://t.co/KiJFbS0la7

COMMENTS

10 things a best friend should never, ever do

You love your bestie. If you didn’t, she wouldn’t be your BFF, right? But just ‘cause she’s your numero uno doesn’t mean she can do...

My friends do all of them except 2 from he list above. Only 3 friends of mine don't do any of them. Help! What should I do?
Thanks

Hey girlie,

If your friends are doing stuff that hurts your feelings, you should be honest with them and tell them that even though they might not realize it, it's hurting you. Hopefully they will stop since they might not have known it was hurting your feelings!

Meghan D.

by PeculiarGurl on 2/23/2013 11:07:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Ok so I was in class today and we had watched this video. After the video everyone started talking because school was almost over. I heard my crush and this other guy talking and I heard the guy he was talking to (lets call him A) say my name and then my crush (lets call him B) Says my name and looks at me. I just pretended not to hear and sat there till the first bell went off. B usually leaves at the first bell and I usually leave at the second. But this time he stayed till the second bell. As i walked out the door. (It was really crowded) I looked back and I saw him staring at me. What does this mean?

Hey! Maybe he thinks you're cute. You should smile at him and say hi next time you see him.

Helen S.

by Sarah1011 on 2/23/2013 12:23:45 PM

mod mod mod , i don't know what too do, My friend since she first came she cut herself!! I was playing around with her one day and i grabbed her arm and she screamed and when i lifted her sleeve i saw cuts, she said she does it to herself when shes upset to make her feel better, Meanwhile i don't know why I know this is serious i don't know what to do, I Mean i saw yesterday new cuts and i told her to stop and i asked her why but she didn't tell me, I Mean shes skinny, pretty, and she has a bf who loves her, Her parents are very nice to her and i don't know how she could ever wanna harm herself! i know i should tell a teacher but she doesn't think its a big deal and i don't wanna hurt her anymore with drama like this!!!

Hey! You have to tell someone. Your friend will thank you later even if she doesn't thank you now. You have to do the selfless thing and tell someone even if you don't want her to be mad at you, you just have to take that chance. Here are some online resources as well. I hop your friend gets better, I'm sorry you're going through this right now, I know it must be really hard for you to know this information. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Helen S.

by mozilla10 on 2/23/2013 10:52:34 AM

My best friend is 3 years older than me (he's a senior, I'm a freshman), and in just a couple months' time he'll be moving across the country to attend the school of his dreams. I'm super proud of him, but I'm also really sad he's leaving. We've been best friends for 12 years, and I've never really gotten close to anyone else. I'm really scared that when he leaves, I won't have anyone that I can hang out with, have fun with, or get advice from. Since we've been friends, the longest we've gone without seeing each other is 15 days. What if he forgets about me because he's too busy with all his new college friends? I don't want to be lonely.

Hey girlie,

Just because he will be farther away from you doesn't mean you will stop being friends! You can still email, talk on the phone, text and talk on Skype. He'll make new friends at college, but that doesn't mean he will forget about you and all of your time together! And you can make new friends, too--if you're in your first year of high school, you still have plenty of time to meet people! Try introducing yourself to other people in your class or setting up a study group with some people from your classes. I'm sure they would love to talk to you Smile

Meghan D.

by emmyquack on 2/18/2013 8:00:45 PM

Mod, mod, mod
My friend has done almost all of these I HATE how she acts to me. She says Ava that outfits really ugly and she says I have that ( f word)
( b word) and she says Ava is a horrible kickball player ( kick ball is a big game at my school)
My best friend is going for a week and she is the only one I play with I am nervous about this week and my friend making fun if me. My parents now that she has problems like she says she HATES her dad! Please help one bite-Ava

Hey girl, if your friend does not respect you and makes you feel bad about yourself, it's probably time to invest time and energy in different friends.  Expand your friendship circle and spend time with people who make you feel happy.  Good luck, chica.

Karin E.

by Avagurl on 2/18/2013 1:31:23 AM

Thanks for the advice, but I forgot to mention one thing-my clingy friend is pretty popular. Anymore advice?

Hey girlie, try telling her no. When she saves you a seat at lunch just tell her that you want to sit with your other friends that day. If you do it once a week or so, it's enough to start giving you some freedom without making her feel bad about it. Hopefully she'll respond well and be open to you hanging out with other people.

Lauren T.

by Olivia_Rose on 2/17/2013 8:35:59 PM

I have lots of friends at school and out of school. They are all nice and fun to be around-except one. She never lets me hang out with any of my other friends, she is always early to lunch so that she can save me a seat right next to hers, and she acts like we are attached at the hip. It's really annoying. I want her to stop being so clingy, but I don't know how to let her know without hurting her feelings-because if her feelings get hurt, she will start a rumor about me and get people to turn their backs on me. Help!

Hey girlie, why don't you try introducing her to more of your other friends. She's probably being clingy because you're her only friend and she doesn't have anyone else to hang out with. So if you introduce her to more people, she'll feel more confident socially and won't rely so heavily on hanging out with you and just you.

Lauren T.

by Olivia_Rose on 2/17/2013 8:27:20 PM

When I started middle school, I didn't have many friends. I am a loner and am really quiet. I met 4 girls that I soon became best friends with. Well today when I was eating lunch with 3 out of 4 of them, I was kinda stalking them for fun, but not in a mean way. They called me a stalker. When I went up to them before our next classes after lunch began, they didn't know I was there and I said, "Hi," and they kept calling me a stalker. I feel like they are judging me because I am quiet. It wasn't my fault that they didn't know I was there. I told my friend that didn't eat with us that day about it and she said that basically became their own group, that's why she stopped eatting with us. She told me that real friends don't do that and that I should ignore them. The reason why I became a loner and a quiet person is because I have had past friendships that were destroyed by drama. So much drama that I can't stand it anymore.

by MidnightRose on 2/11/2013 4:11:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD I'm extremely worried about my best friend! She has a bad home life&not a good relationship with her parents&they tend to overwork her&I'm pretty positive she's suffering from exhaustion. This has led to so many problems, she has appetite issues, like sometimes she just doesn't get hungry all day, &she's been getting sick randomly. Her parents don't let her get proper help with injuries, &there's a long list of them, even soemthing I was convinced was a concussion! Her parents, especially her mom, push the health issues&her exhaustion aside&continues to expect her to get perfect grades, succeed in her sports (everyday of the week!),&if she doesn't, her mom screams at her&it's gotten physical once. It's a lucky night if she actually sleeps inside the house. She's the type of girl who doesn't tell people her problems, I'm the only person who really knows the extent of this. She is completely uncomfortable with talking to her counselor...I just don't know what to do anymore!

Hey girl, continue to encourage your friend to talk with the counselor or with another adult she trusts.  Here is a link with some resources that might be helpful.  Also, you could suggest she call the Nineline, an anonymous counseling hotline (1-800-999-9999), to talk about some of the issues she's having at home.  If your friend's situation becomes overwhelming to you, it's okay for you to see a guidance counselor at school too, just to talk about how you're feeling.  Best of luck!

Karin E.

by PunkRose88 on 2/11/2013 2:56:01 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD! help me! me my bff have been friends 6 years , last year we both saw this cute guy. We both have crushes on him (we both know that). this year, someone asked her out (a dare) for that guy! she said yes and didnt tell me.... till the word got around. i ran and started crying, my 2 other friend followed me and tried to make me feel better. It hurts me that the fact my best friend and my ENOURMOUS crush are going out. i think about it every day (serious)! i cry about everyday!! what do i do??!?! i try "flirting" around him, and i try to act funny and cute around him too. please reply soon!

Hey girlie,

i know it's really hard, but try to be happy for your friend! Even though you like him too, your friendship is stronger than what you feel for any guy, and deep down you want her to be happy. Plus, you should never flirt with a guy who has a girlfriend, even if you have liked him for a while! Try being supportive of her and keeping your eyes open for other cuties who are available Smile Check out this article for more tips on what to do when you and a friend like the same guy! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/12/02/Boy-or-bestie.aspx

Meghan D.