Bridget M.

is modding

7 HOURS AGO The one guy in class who's always blocking when your crush is around: http://t.co/x5eVoNBasu

10 HOURS AGO Betcha never knew THIS could cure your headache: http://t.co/7N2Zvgihsy

11 HOURS AGO The Grinch or Buddy the Elf—which Christmas movie is totally YOU? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/tB7jzg6gnZ

COMMENTS

10 things a best friend should never, ever do

You love your bestie. If you didn’t, she wouldn’t be your BFF, right? But just ‘cause she’s your numero uno doesn’t mean she can do...

Be rude continually. I mean one little slip up is accidental and can be looked over but continually being all mean is not okay. I had a "friend" who was really rude while i was presenting a project (talking, giggling with others, playing on electronics) and when I asked her about it and told her that it was rude and made me annoyed, she told me to get over it and then later started hugging me and saying oh my bad. She did it again and then I said that you can't just do something and then apologize just so you can do it over again. Then, she started saying "whatever" so then later on in the day she started crying and was rude all over again. SO now we're not really friends anymore.

by appleduck101 on 1/5/2013 2:31:10 PM

My friend's BFF does pretty much all of those things to her... and she said I was was ruining her (my friend). And she said she hates me but won't give a reason why... she just doesn't like me. =(

by music191 on 1/5/2013 2:18:32 PM

My best friend doesn't help me. She says she tries, but whenever I go to her with a difficult situation, she always replies generically, like- 'That's sad,' or 'I'm sorry.' Or says that she doesn't know what to say because she doesn't know who I'm talking about- but that's the thing, she knows me! I don't really think I want her to be my best friend, but I don't know how to tell her. Do you think I'm over reacting? Thanks.

Hey! not everyone knows the right thing to say all the time, so try to be more patient with her. If she seems rude or unconcerned though, that's different, just express these feelings to her. Being honest is the most important thing you can do. good luck!

Helen S.

by svds on 1/5/2013 2:05:26 PM

Omg I used to have this friend who would make me feel SO bad about myself! She was seriously the biggest snob I've ever met idk why I was friends with her..but she would get me so sad and depressed about myself and my life and as soon as I stopped being friends with her I became SUCH a happier person! Don't let people who treat you poorly stick around in your life..they don't deserve anything from you.

by maggie183 on 1/5/2013 1:20:30 PM

Tell your crush that you like him.... Trust me... It is sooooo embarrassing!

by ChloeCouture on 1/5/2013 1:20:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've had a friend who has done almost all of the things written in the 10 things a best friend should never ever do article. I knew she wasn't a good friend and I tried to avoid her, but she followed my other friends and I everywhere. Now we don't have any classes together. She hangs out with a group who spreads rumors and is full of drama. She's in my dance class and I think she is trying to take advantage of my other friends. How can I not let her bother me?
ThanksSmile
P.S. Thank you so much Girls Life for all the advice on your website and thank you so, so, much for the "How to Live a Drama Free Life" book!

Hey! I'm so sorry girl, just remember that she does these things for attention. try to be compassionate to her and nothing she does can ever hurt you. good luck!

Helen S.

by girlio93485 on 1/5/2013 1:06:08 PM

1. Gossiping about me
2. medaling in my relationships

by luvcheer87 on 1/5/2013 1:03:54 PM

They should NEVER disrespect your beliefs, interests and opinions.

by fieldhockey001 on 1/5/2013 1:00:25 PM

Best friends shouldn't be talking down to u and respect u and not boss u around and not yell and not be so self important by thinking they r better or smarter than u.

by Icecreamluver on 1/5/2013 12:49:12 PM

Mod mod?
How do u become a better writer? One of my things on my life bucket list is to publish my writing work.

hey! 1) read. all the time. So much inspiration comes from reading the work of others 2) revise. once you've written a draft of something, keep working on it. take a break for a few days, then read it again and see what you can tweak to make better 3) share your work. get a friend who's interested in writing and read each other's pieces. getting feedback is really important. good luck Smile

Helen S.