Bridget M.

is modding

8 HOURS AGO #Quiz—which classic Christmas flick are you? http://t.co/i0LF5xdOKg

11 HOURS AGO .@CodySimpson has some major exciting news: http://t.co/BsrYGeIaoe

12 HOURS AGO This throwback Christmas pic of @FifthHarmony is die for #SOCUTE: http://t.co/9GKHuKVpHl #5H #harmonizers

COMMENTS

10 things a best friend should never, ever do

You love your bestie. If you didn’t, she wouldn’t be your BFF, right? But just ‘cause she’s your numero uno doesn’t mean she can do...

My best friend lives 90 minutes away i don't really visit her. But we skype and oovoo and stuff but we don't talk anymore. I tried calling but all she would do is answer and say her brother and moms bothering her and hang up. I try contacting her on the computer but nothing works. When we did talk i tried telling her we should talk more but then she would say she lost her ipod,the charger broke, or her computer broke. I don't want to be pushy or annoying but we haven't talked in 4 months and i really need to talk to her and tell her stuff. Shes my best friend and we used to talk to about (EVERYTHING) ever day but now i feel sad a alone cause we don't talk anymore. Please Help ;(

Hey girl! Distance can be so hard! Keep up the friendship but maybe reach out to other friends too. It might help to have someone near you to talk to and hang out with!

xo

Taeler L.

by destine02 on 8/10/2013 10:27:02 AM

MODMODMOD
my best friend is being really clingly and I don't know what to do!
She keeps staring at me and follows me around! She has an emotional break down almost once a month. One time she thretaned to do bad things to herself if I didn't sit in the seat next to her! Even though she has a bunch of other friends she NEVER leaves.
I don't know what to do!

Hey babe! It's totally understandable that you need some space. Try and find out why she always feels the need to be with you, figure out what the underlying thing here is; I bet there is something more to it. You could also try telling her that you really love her and she is your best friend but sometimes you need to be your own person and it's OK to be apart. But it does sound like that could be tough if she reacts so negatively, try to be sensitive but if she keeps following you around it could be very bad for your friendship in the long run. Also, make sure you set aside some special time where it can be just the two of you, the reason she might be so clingy is that she could feel insecure about your friendship. By setting some BFF bonding time aside, you can show that you are still down to be BFFs but you just need some space every once in a while. Best of luck! xox

Caroline M.

by rainbowlious10 on 5/15/2013 3:53:23 PM

be nice one day mean the next. also dumping you and stealing ALL of your other friends at your school. and being a brat witch who has to control evrything about you. She knows who she is.......

by savygirl123 on 4/16/2013 8:05:30 PM

my ex BFF is a jerk. she acts like she doesn't do anything either, and wants me too still be her "friend" when her others are gone. she is rude and populer, and i have given her way too many chaces. i am done with her. but how do i do that without others hating me. i am positive she will play innocent when i tell/confront her. what do i do too ditch her without others thinking i am rude?

hey! you might not be able to break it off without losing some friends, but your true friends will hear your side of it first, good luck chica!

by 513520cb on 4/4/2013 8:45:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD: my best friend likes her ex and he likes her back! but she also told my crush she likes him when she doesn't! anything I text to him about her he tells her and she always gets mad at me! they both think I'm jealous and I don't want them to be friends! and also today she told him she didn't like him and he got really sad and started complaining to me and I can tell she's trying to lead him on! what should I do?! HELP!

hey! be honest with him, and def don't text him about your friend anymore. try not to get in the middle of their drama either, that can only end badly. next time he wants to talk to you about her just be like, "Hey she's my friend and i don't want to get involved. If you have something to say, you should say it to her" good luck girl!

by distractionrainbow on 4/4/2013 6:18:04 PM

Its been days since I've "posted" mine but nothing has come even up... I just need advice.

by Madison Cinnamon on 4/3/2013 9:56:16 PM

are you serious! one comment comes up but the other doesn't!!!

by 513520cb on 4/3/2013 7:58:42 PM

how come my comments never come up?

by 513520cb on 3/30/2013 11:41:39 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Ok thanks Katie L, just one more question...how should I bring up the topic with him? Should I text him? It's just sort of weird because he wasn't the one to tell me about this..I heard it from a friend. And apparently pretty much everyone hates him now and all of his friends are ditching him because of what he did. I'm so confused and I know I need to know the whole story before I cross him off my friends list because I've known him to be such a genuinely nice person that wouldn't hurt anybody...and I've known him REALLY well....so idk it just doesn't add up to me. But anyway, what do you suggest I say to him?

hey girl! exactly, so try not to ditch him like everyone else! contact him however you feel most comfy. I can't tell you what to say, it's all about what you feel you need to say.

good luck! xoxo

Katie L.

by maggie183 on 3/27/2013 4:45:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just found out my BGF did something pretty bad..he made some racist comments on Facebook and now he's in big trouble with the school for it. My mom is saying I shouldn't be friends with him anymore..but I'm so confused. I've been like best friends with him for so many years and he's never said anything that sounded at all racist. I don't know what would cause him to write these things. I'm really hurt and confused...you know it's one of those times when you thought you knew somebody REALLY well but then discover you barely know them. I haven't actually talked to him about this because I don't know how to bring it up..
And I'm not allowed to have a Facebook so I don't know exactly what he said..just that it was pretty bad and directed at a couple people at my school.
I feel like I'm friends with a bad person now..should I just ditch him as a friend?? Any advice, I'd really appreciate it...I'm really sad and I don't know what to do.

hey girl! I think everyone deserves a fair chance, so you should give him one. As terrible as racism is, it's possible he just made some extremely distasteful jokes that were taken out of context. While this is still unacceptable, at least he wouldn't be intentionally hurting people. You'll only find out if you talk to him. It won't be weird for you to bring it up because it must be pretty much all he's able to think about right now. Remember that he's having a really tough time with this too, as this could impact his education. good luck girl.

xoxo

Katie L.

by maggie183 on 3/27/2013 12:58:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!

by maggie183 on 3/26/2013 8:16:21 PM

Mod mod mod,
I'm not sure if I already posted this, but I'll do it again. So, I feel like I don't have any friends anymore. I got back surgery in December and came back to school in February and hardly any of my friends came to visit me or even text me ( I get that they were busy but they could have made an attempt). I still feel really sad about that. Also, I've been going through a depressed stage right now and I'm trying to tell my friends and all they say is "Oh, I'm sorry." When I'm always there to help them and I'll send them 2 page texts about what I love about them and all that. Should I confront them, or not? Any advice would be appreciated.
Scarlett Witch.

Hey girlie, at this point, it doesn't hurt to confront them. Maybe they haven't realized what they're doing and it'll be better if you bring it to their attention. And if not then start talking to new people because you deserve better friends.

Lauren T.

by Scarlett Witch † on 3/25/2013 1:27:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
My "friend" has a really bad attitude. If someone doees something as simple as not telling her "bye" in the hallway,she'll go from your best friend to your worst enemy. A few weeks ago,she started to tell a joke I had already heard. I said "I don't wanna hear any of your lame jokes!" My crush happened to be sitting near us so she said "Isn't that the guy you like?" really loud,and ran away. A few DAYS ago,I didn't tell her "bye" in the hallway so she said "Oh,that's ok! I'll just tell him something!" I'm getting sick of this!! I can't exactly avoid her because we have dance every week and our families are pretty close. Did I mention her attitude? How do I deal with/ignore her?

Hey girlie,

If you said her jokes were lame, it probably hurt her feelings, which might have caused her to be defensive. Maybe you could sit down with her in a private conversation and tell her that you like spending time with her but don't appreciate when she's mean to you, and explain that if you forget to say goodbye that you aren't trying to diss her and that she shouldn't take it personally. If you talk about it, you can work it out and go back to the friendship you had before. She might not even realize she's upsetting you!

Meghan D.

by grandeninja<3 on 3/16/2013 10:02:55 PM

Hahaha. My 'best friends' have done all of those things.......:/

by cupcake53 on 3/13/2013 1:12:30 AM

I don't really see my friend anymore since I started living with my cousin, but I go to church a lot and I want to make new friend. But I just don't seem outgoing enough. What can I do to be more outgoing?

Hey girl, check out these posts about how to make new friends.  Just take a deep breath and be yourself.  Have confidence and know that anyone would be lucky to be your friend.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by cupcake_champions on 3/11/2013 12:50:35 PM

So true.

by pookie188 on 3/8/2013 8:44:47 PM

I don't think and best friend should ever lie to you or tell you your lying! Or not trust you and all of the other ones that GL wrote

by Maddie90871 on 3/7/2013 9:52:30 AM

Mod mod mod, My friend was self harming herself (Cutting for two years,Whenever she was upset ),i knew i had to tell and i did, but now she hates me.She said that whatever they do to help her wont help and her problem had nothing to do with anyone else.I Tried helping her before i told but that didn't work so i had no choice. Now people are saying "Oh maybe u shouldn't of told, Maybe it wasn't serious" And "Now her mom is gonna get mad at her and its ur fault" People told me when her mom finds out she will get Hit and stuff, Cause her parents are old fashioned i guess. I Don't know what to do now, people are saying its my fault meanwhile before They told me to tell! I Only did it to help her because she was hurting herself and i thought i was helping. Now when she walks by me she gives me looks and calls me names!?

Hey hon. You absolutely did the right thing. Cutting is a very serious issue, and something that should absolutely be brought up to an adult. And though she may be upset now, I'm sure she'll come to realize that what you did was only in her best interest. Give her the time and space it sounds like she needs. I would also recommend talking through this issue with a trusted adult - like your parents, a counselor, a doctor, or a teacher - so they can give you more specific advice. Good luck.
Florence N.

by mozilla10 on 3/6/2013 8:11:07 AM

MOD MOD MOD, Is it wrong of me to hold a grudge or still be mad over somthing that only happened a week ago! I mean my bf dumped me by someone else for him!, Plus he didn't care about my feelings even through we were "Apparently" Best friends,hes changed and started acting more rude, swearing, Inappropriate jokes,and he insults me on Facebook saying "Oh i never liked her, i just wanna be friends, shes bossy etc" He thinks im bossy cause i got jealous over a girl who he sat with who he cheated on me with TWICE! Now hes saying oh im not mad at her i just wanna be friends again! Now his Friend is sticking up for him saying, "Just get over it, that's what i do, Just be friends with him" and " You can choose who u like and hate, Just like him as a friend!" BUT I DON'T WANT TOO! if i do ill start to like a guy who is a total jerk, i don't wanna start this again i wanna forget him!PLUS on fb hes telling people he wants to date that girl he cheated on me with (Clearly to get back at me)!

Hey girlie,

It's normal to be upset with him, but talking to other people about it won't help. The only way to be friends with him again is if you talk to him yourself and go over everything together, and it's okay if you're not ready to do that or don't want to do that. It's up to you who your friends are, and if you want some time apart from him, that's okay! It's probably hard for your mutual friends, but they can spend time with both of you, and you don't have to talk to him if you don't want to.

Meghan D.

by mozilla10 on 2/25/2013 8:55:33 PM

I talked to them but they wouldn't respond to it. What should I do?
P.S I think it's great you girls are doing this, your advice really helps, you are our angels, helping us. Thank you!!! <3

Hey girl, aww, thanks for the sweet compliment!  Try talking with your friends one more time.  Make sure you're in a quiet, not-distracting area so you can have a serious heart-to-heart.  If they don't respond or continue to disrespect you, you should make an effort to spend time with people who are good friends to you and not waste your time worrying about people who hurt your feelings.

Karin E.

by PeculiarGurl on 2/25/2013 5:51:12 AM

My friends do all of them except 2 from he list above. Only 3 friends of mine don't do any of them. Help! What should I do?
Thanks

Hey girlie,

If your friends are doing stuff that hurts your feelings, you should be honest with them and tell them that even though they might not realize it, it's hurting you. Hopefully they will stop since they might not have known it was hurting your feelings!

Meghan D.

by PeculiarGurl on 2/23/2013 11:07:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Ok so I was in class today and we had watched this video. After the video everyone started talking because school was almost over. I heard my crush and this other guy talking and I heard the guy he was talking to (lets call him A) say my name and then my crush (lets call him B) Says my name and looks at me. I just pretended not to hear and sat there till the first bell went off. B usually leaves at the first bell and I usually leave at the second. But this time he stayed till the second bell. As i walked out the door. (It was really crowded) I looked back and I saw him staring at me. What does this mean?

Hey! Maybe he thinks you're cute. You should smile at him and say hi next time you see him.

by Sarah1011 on 2/23/2013 12:23:45 PM

mod mod mod , i don't know what too do, My friend since she first came she cut herself!! I was playing around with her one day and i grabbed her arm and she screamed and when i lifted her sleeve i saw cuts, she said she does it to herself when shes upset to make her feel better, Meanwhile i don't know why I know this is serious i don't know what to do, I Mean i saw yesterday new cuts and i told her to stop and i asked her why but she didn't tell me, I Mean shes skinny, pretty, and she has a bf who loves her, Her parents are very nice to her and i don't know how she could ever wanna harm herself! i know i should tell a teacher but she doesn't think its a big deal and i don't wanna hurt her anymore with drama like this!!!

Hey! You have to tell someone. Your friend will thank you later even if she doesn't thank you now. You have to do the selfless thing and tell someone even if you don't want her to be mad at you, you just have to take that chance. Here are some online resources as well. I hop your friend gets better, I'm sorry you're going through this right now, I know it must be really hard for you to know this information. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

by mozilla10 on 2/23/2013 10:52:34 AM

My best friend is 3 years older than me (he's a senior, I'm a freshman), and in just a couple months' time he'll be moving across the country to attend the school of his dreams. I'm super proud of him, but I'm also really sad he's leaving. We've been best friends for 12 years, and I've never really gotten close to anyone else. I'm really scared that when he leaves, I won't have anyone that I can hang out with, have fun with, or get advice from. Since we've been friends, the longest we've gone without seeing each other is 15 days. What if he forgets about me because he's too busy with all his new college friends? I don't want to be lonely.

Hey girlie,

Just because he will be farther away from you doesn't mean you will stop being friends! You can still email, talk on the phone, text and talk on Skype. He'll make new friends at college, but that doesn't mean he will forget about you and all of your time together! And you can make new friends, too--if you're in your first year of high school, you still have plenty of time to meet people! Try introducing yourself to other people in your class or setting up a study group with some people from your classes. I'm sure they would love to talk to you Smile

Meghan D.

by emmyquack on 2/18/2013 8:00:45 PM

Mod, mod, mod
My friend has done almost all of these I HATE how she acts to me. She says Ava that outfits really ugly and she says I have that ( f word)
( b word) and she says Ava is a horrible kickball player ( kick ball is a big game at my school)
My best friend is going for a week and she is the only one I play with I am nervous about this week and my friend making fun if me. My parents now that she has problems like she says she HATES her dad! Please help one bite-Ava

Hey girl, if your friend does not respect you and makes you feel bad about yourself, it's probably time to invest time and energy in different friends.  Expand your friendship circle and spend time with people who make you feel happy.  Good luck, chica.

Karin E.

by Avagurl on 2/18/2013 1:31:23 AM

Thanks for the advice, but I forgot to mention one thing-my clingy friend is pretty popular. Anymore advice?

Hey girlie, try telling her no. When she saves you a seat at lunch just tell her that you want to sit with your other friends that day. If you do it once a week or so, it's enough to start giving you some freedom without making her feel bad about it. Hopefully she'll respond well and be open to you hanging out with other people.

Lauren T.

by Olivia_Rose on 2/17/2013 8:35:59 PM

I have lots of friends at school and out of school. They are all nice and fun to be around-except one. She never lets me hang out with any of my other friends, she is always early to lunch so that she can save me a seat right next to hers, and she acts like we are attached at the hip. It's really annoying. I want her to stop being so clingy, but I don't know how to let her know without hurting her feelings-because if her feelings get hurt, she will start a rumor about me and get people to turn their backs on me. Help!

Hey girlie, why don't you try introducing her to more of your other friends. She's probably being clingy because you're her only friend and she doesn't have anyone else to hang out with. So if you introduce her to more people, she'll feel more confident socially and won't rely so heavily on hanging out with you and just you.

Lauren T.

by Olivia_Rose on 2/17/2013 8:27:20 PM

When I started middle school, I didn't have many friends. I am a loner and am really quiet. I met 4 girls that I soon became best friends with. Well today when I was eating lunch with 3 out of 4 of them, I was kinda stalking them for fun, but not in a mean way. They called me a stalker. When I went up to them before our next classes after lunch began, they didn't know I was there and I said, "Hi," and they kept calling me a stalker. I feel like they are judging me because I am quiet. It wasn't my fault that they didn't know I was there. I told my friend that didn't eat with us that day about it and she said that basically became their own group, that's why she stopped eatting with us. She told me that real friends don't do that and that I should ignore them. The reason why I became a loner and a quiet person is because I have had past friendships that were destroyed by drama. So much drama that I can't stand it anymore.

by MidnightRose on 2/11/2013 4:11:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD I'm extremely worried about my best friend! She has a bad home life&not a good relationship with her parents&they tend to overwork her&I'm pretty positive she's suffering from exhaustion. This has led to so many problems, she has appetite issues, like sometimes she just doesn't get hungry all day, &she's been getting sick randomly. Her parents don't let her get proper help with injuries, &there's a long list of them, even soemthing I was convinced was a concussion! Her parents, especially her mom, push the health issues&her exhaustion aside&continues to expect her to get perfect grades, succeed in her sports (everyday of the week!),&if she doesn't, her mom screams at her&it's gotten physical once. It's a lucky night if she actually sleeps inside the house. She's the type of girl who doesn't tell people her problems, I'm the only person who really knows the extent of this. She is completely uncomfortable with talking to her counselor...I just don't know what to do anymore!

Hey girl, continue to encourage your friend to talk with the counselor or with another adult she trusts.  Here is a link with some resources that might be helpful.  Also, you could suggest she call the Nineline, an anonymous counseling hotline (1-800-999-9999), to talk about some of the issues she's having at home.  If your friend's situation becomes overwhelming to you, it's okay for you to see a guidance counselor at school too, just to talk about how you're feeling.  Best of luck!

Karin E.

by PunkRose88 on 2/11/2013 2:56:01 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD! help me! me my bff have been friends 6 years , last year we both saw this cute guy. We both have crushes on him (we both know that). this year, someone asked her out (a dare) for that guy! she said yes and didnt tell me.... till the word got around. i ran and started crying, my 2 other friend followed me and tried to make me feel better. It hurts me that the fact my best friend and my ENOURMOUS crush are going out. i think about it every day (serious)! i cry about everyday!! what do i do??!?! i try "flirting" around him, and i try to act funny and cute around him too. please reply soon!

Hey girlie,

i know it's really hard, but try to be happy for your friend! Even though you like him too, your friendship is stronger than what you feel for any guy, and deep down you want her to be happy. Plus, you should never flirt with a guy who has a girlfriend, even if you have liked him for a while! Try being supportive of her and keeping your eyes open for other cuties who are available Smile Check out this article for more tips on what to do when you and a friend like the same guy! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/12/02/Boy-or-bestie.aspx

Meghan D.

by iluvsqrls5 on 2/8/2013 10:24:42 PM

My two very best friends in the whole world, they just told me that they're bi. I'm okay with that, but my mom doesn't like bi girls. I tried to invite them over for a sleepover, but my mom said no. I asked her why she doesn't like bi girls, and she said it's because it's unnatural. I've talked to her about it, even fought with her, telling her that they're still my best friends, and that they're very nice people. How do I get my mom to understand that they're alright for me to hang out with?

by wildflower148 on 2/7/2013 7:43:00 PM

I need help. There's a school dance next week, and my friend Megan convinced me to do The Wobble with her at the dance. Then I talked to my other friend Ashley, convincing her to do it with us, and she agreed. Later that day, Megan says to me "Ashley just told me that you don't want to do The Wobble with us" I never said anything like that! Is Ashley trying to make me and Megan mad at each other? Do you think she was just being mean? Helen S.

by wildflower148 on 2/7/2013 7:36:10 PM

This is a message to all girls:

I had a friend for four years. In that time she hit me, yelled at me, called me name, made me feel worthless, claimed that she was perfect and that I was inferior to her.

Then one day it was all over.

She ended it. I was not strong enough to do it first.

But something good came out of this though.

I met a real friend.

Never let someone do what that girl did to me.

You deserve better.

-WinterK

by WInterK on 2/5/2013 3:29:05 PM

Mod mod mod
So I was texting my bffs boyfriend the other day, and there was a big miss understanding and he thinks that I like him (which I don't). Then he told his girlfriend (my bff) and she's very mad at me because she gets jealous easily. I tried to explain but she just ignores me. Rumors spread really fast and it's hard for me to convince everyone that it was just a big misunderstanding. My friend hates me and everyone is on her side and doesn't believe me. How do I get my bff to listen and understand me? And how do I stop all the false rumors?

Hey girlie,

I would try to talk to her in person and explain the whole situation (maybe show her the text and explain what you really meant!) and if that doesn't work, talk to him in person and ask him to talk to her. Everyone else will move on soon enough, so try to ignore the gossip and focus on making up with your friend!

Meghan D.

by LilTigel on 1/31/2013 5:43:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One of my so-called "friends," alwaysmakes fun of me. She is always telling me how I'm annoying, weird, a dumb-blonde, fat, and ugly. Also, she makes fun of the size of my boobs. She is always saying how they are so big, and eveytime she sees me, she asks "How are the three of you?" As if shes saying me, and both of my boobs. She makes me feel really bad about myself. I've asked her to stop, but she never does, and all my other friends just laugh along with her. What should I do?
Thanks-
Abby

Hey girlie, just ignore her. Act like you don't hear her and refuse to respond. If she's not getting the response that she's looking for then she might stop making fun of you.

Lauren T.

by Abby774 on 1/30/2013 8:20:41 PM

My bff is always saying things about how I am so pretty and she is so ugly. SHE IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PERSON I KNOW!!!! Also, she says everyone likes me better than her, and acts like I am so much better than her at everything! We are really tight and I love her so much!!!!! What should I do????

Hey animalsrock22, you can only do what you're doing right now. If she doesn't feel confident, it doesn't matter what anyone says. Maybe suggest she do this: Make a list of all the things she likes about herself (maybe 10-20 things) and this can include anything. Even liking the way she makes a bowl of cereal or how neats she writes. Tell her to recite this list back to herself every morning in the mirror and hopefully she'll start to feel better. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by animalsrock22 on 1/25/2013 8:14:35 PM

my bff told me she wouldnt be my friend if i was bi or lesbiam what should i do?????

by alliyah11 on 1/20/2013 11:25:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
My best friend has been texting a guy from school for a while. I was getting worried because he had tried sending her some private pics of himself although she had declined. I was beginning to feel safer about them texting until she told me that they had agreed to be "freinds with benefits." I feel really awkward around her now (and around the guys she has been texting) because she has told me what they do together. I don't think I can be her friend any more. Should I tell her I can't hang out with her anymore? ShouldI tell someone what she's been doing with this guy? I just don't feel comfortable being her friend anymore...

Hey girl,

If you're that uncomfortable with the situation maybe you should talk to your friend before you jump straight to the "I can't hang anymore" option. She probably has no idea that this is making you feel this way. If you talk to her and she still doesn't understand then you can explain to her why you don't think it's a good idea to be hanging out anymore. As far as telling someone about what she's up to, unless she's putting herself in danger there really isn't any need to go telling anyone about what you know.

Alexis G.

by Breezy28 on 1/17/2013 4:14:59 PM

MOD
I break out on my chest like crazy! What can I do to stop it?

Hey girl,

The next time you go to the store check out the face wash aisle, they have some awesome products out like body wash that treats acne on all parts of your body. xoxo

Alexis G.

by lolomar on 1/17/2013 3:11:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! im in a super sticky situation!im new to my school and I have two groups of super tight knit friends! but the only problem is... the two groups hate eachother. When im walking to class, one group will come up to me, start talking to me, then the other group will just march up and interrupt and vice versa! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO??? they always complain to me about how they hate the other group... and I try to back the other group up... but it's so hard! I feel like im in a tug-o-war match or something and it's not fun! please help me figure out a way to keep all my besties from fighting! D:

In all honesty there's not a lot you can do to get the two groups to like each other. If you think it might be successful, maybe try to have an event at your house where you invite both groups and try to get them to see they have things in common and shouldn't hate each other. But if you don't think that will work, then I say you talk to each group and explain that you love all of them as well as everyone in the other group and they need to accept it. If they're your true friends they will respect that and allow you to have the friends you want to have. good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by lalalagurl on 1/15/2013 9:12:39 PM

Its never OK to: Lie,hurt each other,tell secrets, spread rumors or make you be someone else around them, or there friends, if they do say good bye, and say hi to someone new!

by mamabear162 on 1/13/2013 5:19:55 PM

A friend should never, ever, EVER insult your other friends. whether it's because the friend whose insulting thinks your other friend is mean or dishonest, she should leave your outside life up to you and not get involved unless you are being hurt in a major way. a friend did that to me once, and i was so upset i ran to the bathroom and cried.

by fashionista997 on 1/12/2013 8:53:22 PM

Yeah that's 10 reasons why I'll NEVER forgive my friend!!!

by MountainLover456 on 1/12/2013 3:41:39 PM

they should never be jealous of something you probably dont even have

by SweetSugarBabe1357 on 1/12/2013 11:36:53 AM

#1 thing a best friend should never do is:START RUMERS ABOUT YOU

by mindless_101 on 1/11/2013 5:26:54 PM

My number-one not-OK thing a bud should never do's make you feel guilty.

by otter77 on 1/8/2013 11:17:02 PM

I think it's so STUPID when girls steal their friends/other girls bfs
I mean seriously there is plenty of fish in the sea
I mean I guess if u feel the urge to steal
Away your friends bf then go for it but let me
Say if u do u need to stop calling her your friend because
U are not a friend to her yup! Your pretty much a major
Umm what's a better word for this.... Harlet!

by redvelvetluv on 1/8/2013 8:35:54 PM

I used to have a friend who would always guilt-trip me and call me mean. friends shouldn't do that.

by dramaticstar on 1/8/2013 2:02:55 PM

She should never be friends with someone you can't stand.

by 4soccer27 on 1/7/2013 10:01:05 PM

Hey girls! Join At Emilicious for great answers to your problems! This club is here for YOU and only you. Whether its your daily downs or huge problems, you can always comment here, and I'll get back to you ASAP (usually within 24 hours). You'll receive tons of satisfactory answers to your sitches and really fast too!

by Emilicious on 1/7/2013 9:53:04 PM

I sometimes make my friends feel guilty, but I don't mean to! I just kinda say "Oh, okay... Frown" when my friends tell me I can't, say, have one of their potato chips at lunch or something. I honestly don't mean it!

by lemonlime123 on 1/7/2013 9:11:46 PM

take ur guy....twice....

by bribri4ever on 1/7/2013 9:01:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
Im really shy but I would really like to create my own organization that benefits others. I already have an idea and my own product I can brand, but I don't think Im outgoing enough to make it really go big. Im really self-conscious and really scared of what other people think (but I take critisicm and other comments really well if I have to). But I really want to do this organization, but I want to have bigger confidence. Any advice? Thanks.

Hey girl,

Maybe try to separate your confidence about the organization from your personal confidence. If you know this is a great idea and an awesome thing to do, then have faith in it and don't worry about what other people might think! Talk to your parents about branding and advertising, and if you believe in yourself you can take your idea off the ground Smile Good luck chica!

Meghan D.

by Emilicious on 1/7/2013 8:45:15 PM

Mod mod mod!!
One more thing sorry. But I have only kissed someone once and it was barely a kiss. And he said he wants me to graduate the kissing levels. Meaning kindergarten through 12th grade. What would he mean by that?

Hey babe,

I really wish I could help you on this one, but I'm not sure I've ever heard of "graduating" the kissing levels. Maybe one of your friends could help you out on that one? As far as kissing goes though, you shouldn't stress about your seeming inexperience. If you really like a guy, then the kiss will be great no matter what. You just need to stop stressing and let the moment happen. xoxo

Alexis G.

by Ljbdaisy on 1/7/2013 3:04:12 PM

Mod mod mod!!!
I have a date Friday night to a sports mall/club where there are different kinds of sports to play. And I asked him what I should bring and he told me athletic clothes, deodorant, a bathing suit, and my lips. Three things. 1) what could I do to look cute? Since it is an athletic type date (which I love sports!) 2) what can I do to not get so sweaty? 3) I have asked this before but am still a little confused sorry. But how do you kiss? Some tips would be helpful. Thanks!!

Hey girl,

Sounds fun! You could wear a cute pair of running shorts, or leggings over a breathable, yet cute top. Braid your hair? Or put it up to keep it out of the way. The only way you can really avoid getting sweaty is if you stay away from athletic activity, but since this date will be centered around that, just try not to get too worked up over the games. Just make sure you wear some sweet smelling deodorant and you should be fine, don't worry! As for kissing, it really does come naturally. If you're worried about it, let him lead. Don't think about it too much and let the kiss fall into place naturally. It'll help you both out more if you aren't stressing! xoxo

Alexis G.

by Ljbdaisy on 1/7/2013 3:01:38 PM

My best friend should never keep things important from you

by VNJ99 on 1/6/2013 8:59:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD..
I am going to the Taylor Swift concert in March and My sister and I got the tickets for Christmas and we got 5 tickets my sister is taking our cousin who the same age and I want to take a friend but I want to take Ashley because she has always been there for me but Megan and Sam will get mad and I'm not sure the right thing to do is

Hey girlie, if Megan and Sam are good friends, they'll understand that you could only pick one person to take. Take the friend that means the most to you, and the one that would enjoy it the most.

Lauren T.

by Bananas81 on 1/6/2013 7:29:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
One more thing. My bestie basically left me hanging. A couple months before the science fair (since I wasn't sure if we had to do it this year or not) I texted her and said that we have to be partners. She said ok. Well a month or so ago when we found out we were doing it and had to pick our partners, I walked out of class and saw her in the hallway and said that we totes have to be partners. Then she looked at me weird and said that she was partners with Jessica. I was like oh... and walked away. I didn't bring up when she texted me that she would be my partner but I have a new partner now. It hurt when she said that though. It almost seems like Jessica is replacing me because she does everything and hangs out with Jessica more. Should I do anything? Thank you! Sorry for all the comments and that they're long but my bestie has done so much and I need help with it.

Hey girlie, talk to her about it. Tell her that you're starting to feel left out and you miss her. If she doesn't respond well to that or doesn't change her behavior it might be time for you to let her go and find a new best friend. You don't need to be besties with someone who doesn't look out for you.

Lauren T.

by Sheyenne on 1/6/2013 5:53:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So a month or two ago, my best friend got a bf. She rubbed him in my face but I got over it. Well, after school one day I said, "you need to send me a pic of him!" and she was like, "no because you're gonna steal him." (She said it playfully, but still.) and I was like, "well no because I'm still working on trying to get Jacob." Then she said, "psh, you can't even get him!" After she said that, she covered her mouth and her eyes got big. She never even said sorry and I acted playful about it but I felt like crying after she said that. Should I say anything about it or leave it alone? Thanks!

Hey girlie, even though she didn't say sorry, it sounds like her body language did. She obviously felt bad about it. Let this one go, but if she says something similar again it's time to stick up for yourself.

Lauren T.

by Sheyenne on 1/6/2013 5:46:52 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
This is really important. According to my other friend, let's call her Danielle, my other friend, let's call her Grace, has been calling me a freak and how I'll never be popular and I'm a third wheel behind my back. I confronted her about it a few weeks ago and she totally lied, saying that it was this other girl. I really trust my friend Danielle, and I don't think she's lying because one time I went up to Danielle and Grace in gym and they stopped talking and I asked them what they were talking about and they didn't respond. Plus, Grace doesn't have the best track record with friends. Help!!!!

Hey girl, that's terrible. I'm so sorry! Talk to her again. If she's saying these things about you behind her back, she's not a friend worth keeping!

lauren r.

by Sarah510 on 1/6/2013 12:05:48 PM

ok i have two probelms
1.ok so my xbffayza is datng my friend who is my ex tyler
so they went out and tyler is nice he even said hed break up with her to make me feel better and i said dont and then he said ok so ayza dated my exs 2 times and she said sorry only one time and i had to force her to say it!!!! they arent really a good couple they seem more like friends to me.what should i do cuz i still kinda like him!
2. ayza and megan are bffs but me and ayza were bffs before then ayza started blowing me off for megan like 5 times every single day!!1. shes eating lunch with megan2.she is hanging out with megan 3. she is partners with megan and more!! megan is my enemy and she wants to be friends but she is soo mean she went out with my crush and she knew it!! what should i do?

Hey girl, if she's really your bff she should NEVER do that. It's completely off limits. Talk to her about this. Tell her she's not treating you and respecting you like a best friend, because she's not! I'm really sorry girl, you'll get it figured out. Smile

lauren r.

by misstomboy1 on 1/6/2013 9:55:23 AM

Hay yall! Come and join my clubs! There names are We Want It and Nee A Friend? Hope you join!

by IMDoodlebug on 1/5/2013 11:13:48 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD!
What are some fun things to do on the weekends?

Hey girlie,

That depends on what you like to do! You could go bike riding or take a walk with a friend, or go for a run if that's your thing. You could ask your mom to teach you to cook a new dish or organize a family game night to get your family together. If you're alone, you can read a book or catch up on your fave TV show. Do whatever makes you happy!

Meghan D.

by WinnieGirlie on 1/5/2013 10:46:13 PM

I agree we shouldnt do those things to each other but we all sometimes make mistakes. So there are times I have slipped up and times where my friends have done the same. Its natural to make mistakes but if you do it on purpose to hurt someone that isnt right.

by fashionqn on 1/5/2013 10:32:29 PM

My bff and I have been baby buddies but lately I feel like I can't trust her. Like recently (she's also my cousin and comes over to my house after school) she always is eating fruit at my house like all the time, good yeah I know but like she told us that her parents don't buy fruit and when we asked their like we buy it for her but she won't eat it. And so now I don't know whether all the things she says is true or not. What should I do? I mean she's lied before and tried to get me in trouble before and when I tried to confront her about it shegot upset and said later that I called her the b word and flipped her off! I'm seriously tired of it but I don't want to lose my best friend. Please help.

Hey girl,

Since she's your cousin, the good news is that you can't lose her since she is a part of your family! There are worse things than eating fruit, so try sharing even if you're not sure whether or not she gets it at home. If she says you did something you didn't, tell the truth and try talking to her about why she's upset. She might have something tough bothering her that's not related to your friendship! She might also be craving attention, so try complimenting her and asking about her day when she comes over after school. You can also talk to your mom since she is her aunt!

Meghan D.

by lucascousin on 1/5/2013 10:31:50 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!

Hey girl,

That sounds like a pretty big deal, maybe you should try talking to her in person after class instead of over email. You could ask her what exercises you need to do to practice so that you will be more ready to go on pointe and talk about your progress. It will be a lot easier in person!

Meghan D.

by WinnieGirlie on 1/5/2013 8:47:28 PM

Should point out you flaws kinda like make you feel bad. Like calling you ugly or fat because one thing it hurts, but another it's not true!

by LexiNicoleBieber on 1/5/2013 8:25:34 PM

What about things a boy bestfriend should never say or do ?

by GissetR on 1/5/2013 8:01:21 PM

i think its kind of hilar that me an dmy bestie do all of this haha

by soccerbestie18 on 1/5/2013 7:43:29 PM

I thought I had this BFF and she did EVERY single one of these. :'( But we aren't friends anymore..

by neonroxursox on 1/5/2013 6:54:38 PM

my bestie ,we will call her A,embarrasses me ALOT!!!!!!it gets really annoying cus she will tell embarassing stories infront of my boyfriend and other friends that would think i was really strange if they saw me do that and acouple days ago she told my ex that i stalked him on facebook(which i dont even have a facebook) and now he is going around telling ppl that and im kinda mad at her.ive asked her to stop several times but she wont and i have another friend who does this.plzzz help cuz i still wanna be friends with them

by bking62 on 1/5/2013 6:33:31 PM

I love my bestie, but she tells some of my secrets to her boyfriend, who doesn't like me! She claims that they're a "package deal," so whatever you tell to one of them becomes common knowledge. It's so annoying; I feel like I can't tell her anything anymore! I wish her relationship didn't have to change our friendship.

by WritingChic on 1/5/2013 6:31:29 PM

Me and my friend hit each other all the time. "Playful smacks" are totally and completely fine. And we constantly insult each other. Cause we're like sisters, and thats what sisters so. Well, not me and my actual sister because she's mean, but we used to do that.

by emroxlol on 1/5/2013 5:11:11 PM

hi I have 2 questions
1. I was supposed to do Algebra stuff in winter break (2 chapters and a half) to prepare for my exam on January 20th. My math tutor told me to do it. I didn't finish it I have a lot left and she's gonna check it after school tomorrow. I was really really busy over break and I don't know what to do. Can you help?
2. Sometimes my skin gets really dry around my nose and under my eyes. How can I get rid of it? Also, I usually have clear skin but randomly (usually before my period) I get these weird breakouts in the awkwardest places on my face. I'm not allowed to use concealer or anything like that though. How can I stop that? Thanks!!!

Hey! 1) just start studying now. break down the amount of time you have left and the material you have to cover and just do the best you can Smile 2) find a good moisturizer for you, I like the brand "kiss my face," to minimize breakouts just wash your face daily and don't touch your face too much. good luck!

by ballerina55 on 1/5/2013 4:41:52 PM

My cousin dated my crush after I told her I like him Frown

by pinkcupcakezrule on 1/5/2013 3:42:40 PM

Mod please.
I have this friend, who used to be my best friend, and over the summer she was dissing md to my face and calling me a brat and saying that I'm really weak and that I have no friends. She was my best friend. She is really fun to hang out with, but whenever she starts a fight the next day she comes up to me and says ''I'm sorry" and puts this little 'kicked puppy' face on and I forgive her but then she does it again, and she acts like my bestest friend ever whenever parents are around but then ditches me later. Then when I confront her, she says "Omg I'm so sorry I didn't mean to do that please forgive me" and stuff like that but then she does it again and again. But, we were really good friends for a long time and she actually saved my life and if you aren't friends with her your life is literally hell. So i don't know what to do because she is really fun to hang out with too. Sorry this is so long and for wasting your time.

Hey! The best thing you can do is to be honest with her. it's hard but it will ultimately be the best thing for both of you. good luck girl Smile

by nerd_girl_lotr on 1/5/2013 3:36:28 PM

I want to eat healthier. I already have the exercise part down because I play soccer and basketball. Do you have any healthy eating tips?

by carinaamina on 1/5/2013 3:24:44 PM

So there is this guy in my grade who is so gorgeous and funny and EVERY girl in my grade likes him (including me). He already knows that my friend who is new this year likes him. she even told him that i liked him last year! I've liked him since 6th grade, so ive liked him longer than all of the other girls. My other friend also likes him and everyone thinks he likes her back. I don't want to ruin either one of my friendships by going out with him. Also, i'm worried that every girl in the grade would hate me out of jealousy. but this guys is sooo dreamy. I cant help it. what should I do? thanks.

Hey!  don't worry about what other people think. If he decides to go out with you that's his choice too isn't it? why should they be mad at only you for a relationship you and he want to be in together. good luck to you!

by carinaamina on 1/5/2013 3:23:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD I NEED HELP
Also, my bestie has a comeback or an insult (playfully, but still) after like, everything I say and it's getting super annoying! How do I get her to stop? She will also playfully shove me or hit me or something. One day when we were leaving band I had my instrument (a saxophone too) she shoved me into a wall and I had the big case and I didn't like it, or she'll pull my hair or hit me or something (playfully) and I don't like it. She also hates it when I hang out with other people a lot, and likes to have me to herself a lot. Like yesterday in the hallway, my friend was talking to me and my bestie came and pulled me to the other side and got in the middle! There's also more stuff but that's one example. How can I tell her to stop all these things? She gets defensive easily! Thank you so much, sorry this is long!

Hey! she may get defensive, but she has no right to treat you that way. next time tell her to stop, because you mean business. she has no right to get upset if you ask her to stop mistreating you. you're the victim, not her. Just be honest, and don't back down. you can do it!

by Sheyenne on 1/5/2013 3:20:20 PM

my friend always tells me im not as pretty as her. it used to not bother me, but now she says it in public a lot and it hurts my feelings. what should i do?

by sammyy99 on 1/5/2013 3:04:53 PM

Be rude continually. I mean one little slip up is accidental and can be looked over but continually being all mean is not okay. I had a "friend" who was really rude while i was presenting a project (talking, giggling with others, playing on electronics) and when I asked her about it and told her that it was rude and made me annoyed, she told me to get over it and then later started hugging me and saying oh my bad. She did it again and then I said that you can't just do something and then apologize just so you can do it over again. Then, she started saying "whatever" so then later on in the day she started crying and was rude all over again. SO now we're not really friends anymore.

by appleduck101 on 1/5/2013 2:31:10 PM

My friend's BFF does pretty much all of those things to her... and she said I was was ruining her (my friend). And she said she hates me but won't give a reason why... she just doesn't like me. =(

by music191 on 1/5/2013 2:18:32 PM

My best friend doesn't help me. She says she tries, but whenever I go to her with a difficult situation, she always replies generically, like- 'That's sad,' or 'I'm sorry.' Or says that she doesn't know what to say because she doesn't know who I'm talking about- but that's the thing, she knows me! I don't really think I want her to be my best friend, but I don't know how to tell her. Do you think I'm over reacting? Thanks.

Hey! not everyone knows the right thing to say all the time, so try to be more patient with her. If she seems rude or unconcerned though, that's different, just express these feelings to her. Being honest is the most important thing you can do. good luck!

by svds on 1/5/2013 2:05:26 PM

Omg I used to have this friend who would make me feel SO bad about myself! She was seriously the biggest snob I've ever met idk why I was friends with her..but she would get me so sad and depressed about myself and my life and as soon as I stopped being friends with her I became SUCH a happier person! Don't let people who treat you poorly stick around in your life..they don't deserve anything from you.

by maggie183 on 1/5/2013 1:20:30 PM

Tell your crush that you like him.... Trust me... It is sooooo embarrassing!

by ChloeCouture on 1/5/2013 1:20:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've had a friend who has done almost all of the things written in the 10 things a best friend should never ever do article. I knew she wasn't a good friend and I tried to avoid her, but she followed my other friends and I everywhere. Now we don't have any classes together. She hangs out with a group who spreads rumors and is full of drama. She's in my dance class and I think she is trying to take advantage of my other friends. How can I not let her bother me?
ThanksSmile
P.S. Thank you so much Girls Life for all the advice on your website and thank you so, so, much for the "How to Live a Drama Free Life" book!

Hey! I'm so sorry girl, just remember that she does these things for attention. try to be compassionate to her and nothing she does can ever hurt you. good luck!

by girlio93485 on 1/5/2013 1:06:08 PM

1. Gossiping about me
2. medaling in my relationships

by luvcheer87 on 1/5/2013 1:03:54 PM

They should NEVER disrespect your beliefs, interests and opinions.

by fieldhockey001 on 1/5/2013 1:00:25 PM

Best friends shouldn't be talking down to u and respect u and not boss u around and not yell and not be so self important by thinking they r better or smarter than u.

by Icecreamluver on 1/5/2013 12:49:12 PM

Mod mod?
How do u become a better writer? One of my things on my life bucket list is to publish my writing work.

hey! 1) read. all the time. So much inspiration comes from reading the work of others 2) revise. once you've written a draft of something, keep working on it. take a break for a few days, then read it again and see what you can tweak to make better 3) share your work. get a friend who's interested in writing and read each other's pieces. getting feedback is really important. good luck Smile

by Icecreamluver on 1/5/2013 12:45:32 PM

Best Friends should never lie to you, steal from you, be mean to you, or blackmail you.

All These tips are also good for what you yourself shouldn't do.

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 1/5/2013 12:35:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
One more thing. I gave my bestie my mom's fb password in 6th grade to friend somebody for me (it was stupid, I wasn't thinking) and the next day I checked and that person wasn't friended. She said that it must be one of the friends that didn't show, but all of them do! A month later, my mom's fb got hacked and everything was changed to my info, and it was someone from school. My bestie said she didn't do it or give the pass out, but she was the only one who had it. Later, I had her make an email for me. Two days later, a fake fb was made of me using the same email she made for me that SHE ONLY knew about and used the pic I posted of us a week before on my mom's fb that she only saw. She swears she didn't do it, but it all makes sense that it was her. I brought it up a couple months ago, and she got mad. And she also kept telling me some guy that I use to like had a fb, but he never did!! I can't trust her a lot anymore. What should I do? Sorry this is long. Thanks!

Hey! Well I think it's pretty clear that you can't trust her with anything anymore especially personal information. If it comes up again stand your ground. Otherwise just be careful what you tell her. good luck!

by Sheyenne on 1/5/2013 12:24:36 PM

My best friend one day decided she hated me and told all my friends lies about me Frown thats the worst thing a best friend can do!

by cupcakecutie325 on 1/5/2013 12:13:37 PM

Friends should never, ever, be too clingy. It gets really annoying.

by puddinface7 on 1/5/2013 11:42:16 AM

My best friend did something like that to me. Let's just say that we're not BFFs anymore. Now that I think about it, there was a time that she did EVERY ONE of those things. Frownx1000000000000000000000000000000000

by MountainLover456 on 1/5/2013 10:54:39 AM

Ha well I guess I need all new friends! :/

by lemondancer18 on 1/5/2013 9:37:41 AM

Lie to you

by punky99 on 1/5/2013 8:41:19 AM

My best friend should never ever blame me for something that was her fault or partially her fault.

by onyinyechi5166 on 1/5/2013 1:34:07 AM

My number one not OK thing is keeping things from people.

by transform2314 on 1/5/2013 1:11:01 AM