1 HOURS AGO This guy is the definition of the perfect summer crush: http://t.co/JoExgHz0cs

2 HOURS AGO What's your future hold? Check out this week's #horoscopes to find out: http://t.co/P7VmvJ6Y4B

3 HOURS AGO How to deal with a jealous best friend: http://t.co/5Wzr0mNveH

COMMENTS

The Dirt: Why guys fight for no good reason

Why do guys like to fight? Dave: Who us? Says who? Would you like to step outside and accuse me of likin’ to brawl? I don’t know if...

MOD MOD
Okay, so my crush and I have been friends for about 9 months and I am pretty sure that he likes me back but hes a shy guy. I can tell when we are alone together that he wants to say something but it doesn't leave his lips. How can I get him to open up to me more and speak his mind?

Hey! you can let him know that you're here for him, but other than that he has to want to talk about it on his own. good luck!

Helen S.

by Quietfriend1415 on 1/12/2013 3:39:49 PM

Okay, so my crush and I have been friends for about 9 months and I think he likes me back but hes usually shy. I can tell when we are alone together he wants to say something but it doesn't slip his lips. How do I get him to open up a little more and speak his mind?

by Quietfriend1415 on 1/12/2013 3:27:17 PM

why do boyfriends like to argue with girlfriends?

by hellogdbyebebe on 1/10/2013 12:00:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really need advice. I'm in 11th grade and I like a guy in 9th. I know he's 2 years younger then me and supposedly that's really weird but we've been friends for so long and it really doesn't feel like theres an age difference at all. I'm really really short too so I feel like I've always connected more with people in the grade or two below me versus above me because they are more on my level..if that makes any sense. Anyway..I think this guy really likes me and I could really use some advice about what to do? I really like him and the age difference doesn't matter to me but I feel like it would be a big deal to other people..which would then make it a big deal....if you know what I mean. Any advice, I would appreciate it SO much..idk what to do and I'm really stressing over this. Thanks<3

hey! I know what you mean about other people turning things into big deals. but the truth is you have to stop worrying so much about what they think if you want to pursue what makes you happy. I think you and this guys sound like a good fit, so go for it, and shrug off any negativity. you can do  it!

Helen S.

by maggie183 on 1/3/2013 8:06:08 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod my school is having a valentines day dance and my friend is begging me to go but i only want to go if my crush asks me what do i do do i just go alone?

Hey girl,

If you want to go with your crush, you could always ask him yourself! If you don't want to ask him, you could go with your friend and ask him to dance with you once you're there. Have fun!

by jadarocks2401 on 12/22/2012 10:03:05 PM

Hi please help!
I know my boyfriend is getting me something for christmas, but i dont know what to get him. Im in 6th grade and the reason why i put that is to state that i dont have a whole lot of money! His friend also did spill the secret that hes getting me chocolate kisses, so i dont want to get him the same thing.Could you give me some ideas? Thank you!!Smile

by lovetilltheworldends12 on 12/15/2012 5:19:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
What are shy-guy signs that he likes me?

by soccacheer on 12/15/2012 12:02:57 AM

So I liked this guy when we went to Hawaii together with our band. He has a girlfriend now and it absolutely broke my heart. We're still close friends now though. I was texting him though and he asked who I liked, so of course I said no one since it was him and I'm friends with his gf. He then asked why and I said that I hadn't found the right guy yet and the longest crush I'd ever had was only a year and a half. It was actually two since it was him and I still like him. He asked who it was so after a bit I finally told him that it was him but that I got over it when he started dating this other girl. He seemed kinda sad by that but then he said that he used to like me too and then we were talking about what if anything had happened and he was being kinda like he wanted to try again. But he has the gf and yet he still flirts with me occasionally. He's a really sweet guy and it's the most I've ever liked a guy and I just don't know what to do Frown

by ilovelinus3 on 12/12/2012 12:08:16 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I really like this guy that i've known since kindergarten and we're pretty good friends. In my physics class he always turns toward me and talks to me and we always smile and laugh at/with each other . I find him staring at me sometimes when i'm not looking and it's really cute Smile i don't know if he actually likes me though. He gives body language that shows he likes me but maybe thats just a coincidence? I just really like this guy and don't know what to do about it. I don't want to say anything if he doesn't feel the same way, what should i do? Do you think he likes me? He has told me he did before but that was a while ago.

Hey Girl, if he said he liked you, chances are he still does. How did you respond? You might have made him a little nervous around him, and you're going to have to make the first move.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by pimpmysims2 on 12/11/2012 2:43:33 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
i've recently noticed that a guy in my grade might like me.he's always trying to joke with me, he smiles at me when he sees me, and in my home and careers class we were doing a snow man project and he stood in the middle of my friend Diana and i, and the whole time he was leaning into me and was joking with me.Does he like me? if he does how do i tell him that i only want to be friends without actually telling him? Please help

Hey girl,

It sounds like he likes you or is at least flirting with you! If he doesn't tell you he likes you or ask you out, you don't have to do anything, but if he does, just be honest with him and tell him that you enjoy his company but only want to be friends. It's better to be honest with him now than to hurt his feelings later!

by aweaver13 on 12/10/2012 8:55:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have two questions:
1: How do you become a Mod?
2: one of my BGFs asked my friend out. He has said he liked me, but then he stopped bc of some reason (I really dont know... I dont know if he ever stopped liking me!!) Anyways, he asked her out, and she hasn't said her answer yet. I kind of like him, and I was going to tell him that I liked him (he is just awesome and stuff, I can't take it!!), and then I figured out that he asked her out. Today, he asked me if I liked him like a BF, and me, being and idiot, said no. So here is my question: How do I tell him that I like him before this girl says yes or no? Maybe another Q: What if she does say yes? What do I do then? I dont wanna be THAT girl who likes her friends BF. And she doesnt know that I like him, yet.

Hey girl,

Our mods start out as GL interns, and you have to be 18 or older. Here's the info on interning: http://www.girlslife.com/page/Intern-at-Girls-Life.aspx. If he's already asked another girl out, I would let their relationship run its course before you say anything. Even if she says no, he might want time to get over her before moving on to you telling him you like him. Since he's one of your best friends, try being supportive of him whether or not they start dating (and if they do start dating, try to be happy for him even though it's hard, since you're friends!), and you could tell him you like him after he's had time to get over her.

by Rey on 12/10/2012 8:41:13 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!
how can i tell what body type i have? Im thinking hourglass but wanna double check thanks!

Hey girl,

Check out this post for all the deets on body shapes! Smile http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/06/06/The-scoop-on-body-shapes.aspx?cp=all

by YayaYuiki on 12/10/2012 8:36:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I really like this guy. he is in two of my classes. The problem is, he is really popular. I know this shouldn't be a problem, but a LOT of girls like him. I also noticed he flirts a lot, but he flirts the most with me. I really want to ask him out, but I'm afraid of what other girls might say. He doesn't have a girl friend. What should I do?

Hey girl,

If he flirts with you, that's a good sign! There's no rush to ask him out, so if you're not sure if he likes you, you could always keep being friends with him for now and then see if he likes you. But if you're ready to ask him out, don't worry about what other people will think! If you like him, that's all that matters--there's so much more to life than being "popular," so don't let other people hold you back!

by HappySunshine on 12/10/2012 8:21:38 PM

I have a big problem. I really want to get gifts for my friends and family but i really don't have a lot of money. I only have 15 dollars and i decided that i would use it to by my family gifts.But i really want to get my friends something because they've told me that their going to get me a gift or that they already got me one. I feel really guilty knowing that i can't return the gesture Frown I really need your advice!!

Hey girl,

If you don't have the money to buy gifts for all of your friends, why not give them something homemade? It would mean a lot to them that you took the time to make something. You could paint an ornament or decorate one with rhinestones, or you could bake them cookies and decorate them yourself. Check out these posts for ideas on gifts you can make yourself! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/12/07/Cute-Christmas-tree-crafts.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/12/18/bejeweled-ornament.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/12/05/GREAT-GIFTS-FAST-Create-piles-of-prezzieswithout-spending-piles.aspx

by Sparksfly on 12/10/2012 7:37:32 PM

Will someone tell me whats up with the
"MOD MOD MOD"
thing

by Lovergirl13 on 12/10/2012 7:17:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My hair looks really pretty down because it is really shiny and soft, but when I brush it and go to school (leaving it down) it becomes tangled and grungy looking by 10:00! How do I avoid this, and please don't suggest always keeping my hair up, cuz i like it down.

Hey girl,

Maybe you could try a taming product to keep your hair in place, or you could carry a small hairbrush with you and touch up in the bathroom every few hours. Check out our hair tips page for more ideas on keeping your hair looking neat! http://www.girlslife.com/category/hair-tips.aspx

by Pinklife on 12/10/2012 7:10:47 PM

Last year, I started really liking my BGF we were good friends so I didn't know if he was being flirty or friendly at times. IN the summer, I went on a school trip to Costa Rica and a few of my classmates went too, including by BGF. I was so excited! During the trip, a few things happened that made me sure he liked me. We shared a pizza and salad, slept on eachother's shoulders, and did everything together. For the rest of the summer we texted back and forth, adding up to about 350 texts. THen, when school started, we only had one class together and we didn't sit next to eachother (we had assignned seats) we would talk and stuff during in between classes but I still felt like I was losing him. Then, 2 weeks into school he asked out this girl i am mutual friends with. He was excited about the relationship at first but then things calmed down and thought he started flirting with me. But the other day, he was talking about how he wanted to make out with her. I miss him! Help!

Hey girl,

It sounds like you shared some close moments over the summer, but if he's dating someone else you can't do anything while they're together! I know it's hard, but try to be happy for him since he's your best friend. He would want the same thing for you, too! Be there for him as a friend for now, and try focusing on friends, family and school to get your mind off of it. You could also try getting to know his girlfriend--she might be really nice, and maybe you two could be friends! And keep your mind open to the possibility of finding a new (available!) crush.

by Pinklife on 12/10/2012 7:07:46 PM

Over the summer I went to a camp, and I met this really great guy. He's two years older than me though, so I knew we would never end up dating. I ended up asking him to the dance, and he said yes. It was amazing going with him. I had only gotten to know him for 4 short days, but I felt like I had known him forever. We talked a lot, and we texted sometimes over the summer but he stopped responding so I stopped trying after the second "Hey." I can't get over him though. I miss him. How do I get over him?

Hey girl,

If he stopped responding, I would wait for him to text you first next time? Instead of only texting, try talking to him in person or at school. But if you do want to get over him, try spending more time with your friends and family and focus on school instead of on guys. Check out this post for more tips! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/10/12/How-can-I-get-over-my-ex.aspx

by abm25 on 12/10/2012 5:37:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
There's this guy that i sorta like. We have two classes together. In the first class we talk a lot, have fun, joke around, and flirt when he comes and sits next to me. But when we get to the 2nd class (where were in a group of friends) he sorta flirts with this girl that im good friends with. My friend has a boyfriend, and she talks about how great he is so i know she doesnt want my crush. But i cant help but get the feel that he likes her. What should i do? Were two grades apart but were both mature enough. Should i flirt? Back off? Thanks Smile

Hey girl,

If you're not sure if he likes you, you can keep flirting with him or you could try just getting to know him as friends, even in a less flirty way. If you hang out with him in a casual setting, you can get to know him and show him how great you are! Since you have a class together, try setting up a study date or working on a project together. You can also talk to him at lunch or after school!

by elevenbailey on 12/10/2012 5:35:04 PM

Mods...I swear are no help at all.

by LLL328 on 12/10/2012 5:23:33 PM

So theres this guy I like in my math class and today we played jeopardy and the final question we could get help and he was up at the desk and he pointed at me to come because I got a question right but there was another guy in our group and he got an answer right but he chose me. And the whole time I was was standing next to him and I was kind of happy but flustered because of it. But I go the answer right except for shading the graph on the wrong side and we lost 200 points because of it. I felt really bad about it I said sorry but I don't think he heard. I still feel really bad about it what do I do? Help Please!

Hey girl,

I wouldn't worry about it, it was just a game! No one expects you to be perfect, and everyone makes mistakes! If you said sorry, I don't think you need to worry about it again. He didn't know either, or he wouldn't have asked you for help!

by HockeyLuver on 12/10/2012 5:23:15 PM

Mod Mod
Okay, so there's this guy who I used to be super good friends with 2 years ago, but we stopped talking basically, and now his friends keep saying he likes me. And since he hasn't actually like, made an effort to talk to me, I didn't think it was true, but he's starting to, and today I was walking with him to class and his friend came up and said, "You guys are the cutest couple ever" and he turned like bright red. Do you think he actually likes me?

Hey girl,

He might like you, but if you're not sure, why not keep talking to him as friends and getting to know each other? There's no rush to make a move, so if you're not sure whether or not he likes you, getting to know him as friends will give you a better idea, and you'll also learn more about him and be able to figure out if you like him Smile

by cheerfulcheer on 12/10/2012 5:21:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!! I have had a huge crush on this guy since like October, and I was going to tell my friend about it today. But I got to school and she ran up to me and told me that they are dating. I know I shouldn't get mad at her or want them to break up because she didn't know, but I can't help it, and still really like him. what do I do?

Hey girl,

If your friend didn't know, the best thing you can do is try and be happy for her, even though it will be really hard! Try to be supportive since you're friends and deep down, you really do want her to be happy. And if you really like him, you will want him to be happy too! Stay friends with both of them for now and try to find an available cutie to dance with at your next dance.

by bluebanana989 on 12/10/2012 5:08:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay so I blush really easily, and get very red when I do and in the last week my blushing has been pointed out twice and it's just embarrassing...I know it's not my fault I blush...like I'll blush when I'm laughing and get super red and then someone will be like, "why are you blushing so much" or whatever and I don't know what to say....please help! How can I minimize blushing? And what should I say when it happens for no reason other than my skin must just be really thin! Please help me and thanks!!!

There's nothing you can really do. Blushing is very natural and many people can't help it. Try going along with it...next time someone calls you out, you can just say hahah yeah i have a blushing problem and laugh! It's nothing to be ashamed about!
mailyse f.

by LLL328 on 12/10/2012 4:55:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
There's this guy in my PE class, who I think likes me. He always sits by me, compliments me, is REALLY REALLY nice to me all the time, etc. He's a good friend, but I don't like him like that. Also, he can tend to be a bit clingy. How do I best deal with that without hurting his feelings?

Maybe you should talk to him about how you guys are friends, and only friends. Talking to him will make him understand more.
mailyse f.

by lpolk on 12/10/2012 4:20:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am really sick and tired of everyone in my school. My schools small so I know everyone pretty well. I want to reach out to kids outside of my school. I looked at dance class, co-ed teams and things like that but there wasn't much around. Do you have any other suggestions? where I can meet boy and girls? thanks

Try finding clubs/sports outside of your town!
mailyse f.

by ljbdaisy on 12/10/2012 4:18:20 PM

Hey Girls! Join Legit Boy Advice!

This is a LEGIT club about boy advice. Any questions you have let me know because guess what?! I have 5 brothers and I have each age group of boys that you will have questions for (about ANYTHING)get REAL answers from REAL BOYS themselves! Or you can get girls perspectives! BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!

by Chloe<3 on 12/10/2012 4:10:03 PM

********************************************HEY GIRLS!!!!!***************************************************

by puddinface7 on 12/10/2012 3:49:36 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!!!
There's this guy, hes great. Super cute, funny, and sweet. He told this girl that he liked me. The girl started going around telling people what he told her. I'm not sure if he was tellng the truth, though. Once, he told me and a bunch of other people that he liked this other girl. Plus, the girl he told is a huge gossip. This guy knows what happened, i mean he's completeley ignoring me. I really want to talk to him about it, but we only have one class together and we're on complete other sides of the room. Hoe do I approach him about this???

You can try talking to him after class one day and tell him what you heard and take the risk in telling him you like his too. It seems like he might like you and is too embarrassed to say anything since everyone knows. Maybe if you confront him, he will open up.
mailyse f.