1 HOURS AGO Try this GLgirl's all-natch beauty look: http://t.co/CSBmtk5DVx

13 HOURS AGO Why you should be rockin' a super cute sun hat this season: http://t.co/6iUJMHrLzm

16 HOURS AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

COMMENTS

Why you sleep like the living dead

You know how it goes: You can’t get out of bed ‘til Mom drags you out. You fall asleep in homeroom. And pre-calc. And mid-sit-up...

MODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!1
So for a while I have been having pain in my lower stomach and i was wondering if you can get cramps before you actually get your period?

Hey girl,

You shouldn't have menstrual cramps before your first period, but it's possible that your muscles could be cramped from other things. Try stretching and using an ice pack and if the pain doesn't go away in a day or so, I would talk to your parents about seeing a doc!

Meghan D.

by rachelnrocks on 12/17/2012 7:22:53 PM

Getting 5 hours a sleep a night when you're in high school is not good...why do we have to start at 7 in the morning again? When the elementary school kids, who need less sleep, start at 9???

by callieluv21 on 12/17/2012 6:52:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD. MOD
Whenever I stand for a long time ( even in the shower) my ankles get all itchy. It's been happening a lot and I don't know what it is please help thx in advance

Hey girlie, I've never heard of anything like that before. That sounds like something you should address with your doctor the next time the next time you're there.

Lauren T.

by juliacar on 12/16/2012 8:52:02 PM

if only it were that easy to get enough sleep...

by monicagrace on 12/16/2012 8:51:03 PM

MOD!
so I haved been singing since before I could talk so naturally my life long dream has been to be a performer. and at 15 I realize the easiest way to do this is become popular on youtube but I have no idea how. Any tips? thanks

Hey girlie, start by uploading videos of you singing on youtube. Then send the link to your friends, put it on facebook, share it on blogs and forums. Do whatever you can to spread the link, and the video hits will start coming.

Lauren T.

by ladyinlike on 12/16/2012 7:25:21 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I just found out that I weigh WAY more than I should... Im over twenty pounds over weight. This so strange for me bc ive always been fairly average, even now I look skinny but I feel so fat!! Ive never felt this way either...i feel like crying. I wanna loose weight but im not a real sportsy person, meaning I suck at them. What can I do to loose weight?

Hey girlie, first of all, you might not weigh more than you should. Your BMI doesn't take into account muscle mass and other factors. If you look skinny and you can feel good about yourself, you're probably a healthy weight. But if you're still worried about it, add more vegetables to your diet. Vegetables fill you up with fewer calories than fatty, greasy foods. You can also find free yoga and zumba videos online that you can do to have fun while you're working out.

Lauren T.

by mayzok1 on 12/16/2012 7:15:21 PM

I have probs sleeping so I told my doctor and she recommended an over the counter medicine. Its called melatonin and it replaces the melatonin you lose. If you have trouble sleeping like I do just ask your doctor if you can take this. It really works!

by skiwi2 on 12/16/2012 5:24:43 PM

Thank you so much for this article! This is exactly what I needed! For two reasons.
1. I have had a hard time sleeping, and this tells me WHY I am tired all day and energized all night.
2. Now I can prove to my 16-year-old brother that he DOES need more than 7 hours of sleep! For some reason, he thinks everything I say is wrong and everything he says is right. Brothers. *Eye roll.* Smile

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 12/15/2012 10:43:14 PM

I'm on my Ipod up until I go to sleep. xD
The "lights" it gives off or whatever your excuse to get kids off the internet is doesn't effect me, or any of my friends, for that matter.

by ziirnn on 12/14/2012 6:20:02 PM

I go to bed around 10:00 every weeknight and more like 10:30-10:45 on the weekends...I'm the type of person that needs her rest in order to function lol

by maggie183 on 12/13/2012 6:23:51 PM