9 HOURS AGO 4 things that could cause serious probs "down there" http://t.co/py0Tymr2JB

10 HOURS AGO The real reason your ex doesn't wanna be friends after the breakup: http://t.co/BQy2Q6DFT5

11 HOURS AGO The shocking truth about flu shots: http://t.co/LX6Niz48FW

COMMENTS

Why you sleep like the living dead

You know how it goes: You can’t get out of bed ‘til Mom drags you out. You fall asleep in homeroom. And pre-calc. And mid-sit-up...

Thanks for the advice Lauren T. The headaches
I get are not like terrible also I feel like my
Breasts keep getting bigger and bigger and I'm
Only 15 I have bigger breasts then my sis who's
20 is there something wrong with me thanks!

Hey girlie, there's nothing wrong with you. Everyone grows to their own size and at their own speed. Yours might stop growing this year while some of your friends might end up the same size just not until their late teens. You're totally normal!

Lauren T.

by redvelvetluv on 1/9/2013 5:21:16 PM

What are some healthy Chinese food appetizer options
Also sometimes when I get hungry I get a headache start
Sweating a little and feel a little dizzy Thanks so much!

Hey girlie, any appetizer with vegetables is a good start. Avoid anything fried like egg rolls. Spring rolls are a healthier option. Make sure that you're drinking lots of water throughout the day. It sounds like it might be a dehydration problem, not a hunger one.

Lauren T.

by redvelvetluv on 1/9/2013 5:06:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Please help. So i am a 16 year old sophomore, everything's great, but i am very self conscious of my weight. i don't think there is one instant of the day when i'm not thinking of it, it's almost like an obsession. i weigh only 94 lbs, and i'm 5'2". i have no curves, and my wrists are as skinny as 5th graders, and i'm FIVE YEARS OLDER. i guess i wouldn't think about it much, but people always say comments like "anorexic", "boney", "scrawny" "breakable" and it hurts. i've been doing some work outs for 2 months to gain hips, butt, and arm muscle, but nothing's working. i don't even feel like a women, i look around and compare everyone's womanly body to my skinny frame. i need help, i almost cry myself everyday, please, please help me. thank you!

Hey! I'm really sorry that you're going through this right now. I am also 5' 2" and small for my age, and have been told so all my life. It's hard not to let it get to you, I know. Though these comments are hurtful, you have to understand that most people will pick out the most noticeable thing about you, whether you're really tall or speak differently from them, or have a birthmark, and point it out just to have something to say. It's not an excuse but it should help you understand that these remarks don't define you. You are so much more than what other people may think. I urge you to seek counseling to talk to someone trustworthy about these feelings. They can build up and become harmful if you don't speak your mind to someone. I read a book about happiness once that says "Comparisons will ruin your happiness" and I think that can be true. Here's a resource for you if you start feeling really depressed: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

best luck to you!

Helen S.

by Lizzy_2015 on 1/3/2013 6:41:09 PM

I feel like my thighs and butt are too big for my body:/ how do you get a small yet toned bottom and lean inner thighs? Any workouts? ThanksSmile

Hey Girl, sometimes you have to remember that girls are supposed to have curves. Still, to keep 'em toned try wall site, lunges, and squats. And exercises like running aren't just for cardio, it's great for your whole body.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by ForeverYoung501 on 1/3/2013 3:51:05 AM

so lately since school break started ive been staying up till midnight and on because I'm not tired! But then I sleep till noon and then I'm tired all day... what can I Dp to get back into my routine? ??

Hey girl, sleeping more than 8 hours actually makes your body even more tired. I would try and set an alarm for 9:00 or 10:00 and you'll feel better during the day!

lauren r.

by DreamSinger on 12/29/2012 1:02:33 AM

lol no caffine nor sugar during the day, just so i can sleep? no.

by kellebelle99 on 12/21/2012 1:15:09 AM

MOD MOD MOD Please please help me! I'm absolutely terrible at managing my time after school! It seems like the hours slip away and soon enough its 1am and I haven't even done half my homework! I don't like doing this but I always just let it happen! How can I fix this?? I have basketball from 6-8 and then I have to eat dinner when I get back so that occupies so much time. I get home at four and between then and basketball i usually just relax, but that's probably not a good idea. I do really well in school, but I'm not trying to my full potential - I don't do all my homework and hardly study! Plus I write on Wattpad (an ebook community thing) and I need to write so I can update on there! I have so much to do but so little time! I feel like I'm just not concentrating on my homework enough to get it done quickly - it takes me FOREVER! how can I fix this and manage my time so I can do everything and get to bed by 11ish?! Thank you so much!! Smile

hey chickie! you need to get your priorites in order first. school is most important, then what? write a list and complete all of your activities according to their importance. good luck!

xoxo

Katie L.

by thatsnotawkward on 12/19/2012 4:33:45 PM

I think my body is trying to tell me something- sometimes I'm overly stressed for no reason even when I'm not doing anything and suddenly- POOF the blockage in my mind is free and I feel awesome. I'm just starting to go though puberty so I don't know if this is normal... Thanks a lot!!

Hey Girl, I think what you're going through is normal. Your stress could be due to hormones or you could be worried about something like school or friends. next time you feel this way take a deep breath and try to determine why you're all worked up.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by CornOnTheCobIIV on 12/18/2012 9:46:47 AM

Modmodmodmod!
Help my back is killing me and my refuses too take me anywhere. But I can't sleep! SO I wake up in the middle of the night unsure of what to doFrown(( it hurts so bad. I don't know, I just want it to go a way so I can have a normal life,

Hey Girl, your parents won't take you to a doctor? I don't know what kind of pain you're having, but Definitely put ice and heat on it, alternate 20 minutes each. Talk to them about some pain medicine. A warm bath might help too. Sorry I can't help you more.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by 25noodles on 12/18/2012 3:45:12 AM

I fall asleep whenever i fall asleep. I go to sleep at about 9:00 or 10:00 on weeknights. And about 12:00 or 1:00 on wekends. When i travel by car i can stay up for longer but not by a lot maybe by about 3 or 4 hours. I dont have very good sleep habits. Smile

by hgrules on 12/17/2012 7:41:06 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!1
So for a while I have been having pain in my lower stomach and i was wondering if you can get cramps before you actually get your period?

Hey girl,

You shouldn't have menstrual cramps before your first period, but it's possible that your muscles could be cramped from other things. Try stretching and using an ice pack and if the pain doesn't go away in a day or so, I would talk to your parents about seeing a doc!

Meghan D.

by rachelnrocks on 12/17/2012 7:22:53 PM

Getting 5 hours a sleep a night when you're in high school is not good...why do we have to start at 7 in the morning again? When the elementary school kids, who need less sleep, start at 9???

by callieluv21 on 12/17/2012 6:52:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD. MOD
Whenever I stand for a long time ( even in the shower) my ankles get all itchy. It's been happening a lot and I don't know what it is please help thx in advance

Hey girlie, I've never heard of anything like that before. That sounds like something you should address with your doctor the next time the next time you're there.

Lauren T.

by juliacar on 12/16/2012 8:52:02 PM

if only it were that easy to get enough sleep...

by monicagrace on 12/16/2012 8:51:03 PM

MOD!
so I haved been singing since before I could talk so naturally my life long dream has been to be a performer. and at 15 I realize the easiest way to do this is become popular on youtube but I have no idea how. Any tips? thanks

Hey girlie, start by uploading videos of you singing on youtube. Then send the link to your friends, put it on facebook, share it on blogs and forums. Do whatever you can to spread the link, and the video hits will start coming.

Lauren T.

by ladyinlike on 12/16/2012 7:25:21 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I just found out that I weigh WAY more than I should... Im over twenty pounds over weight. This so strange for me bc ive always been fairly average, even now I look skinny but I feel so fat!! Ive never felt this way either...i feel like crying. I wanna loose weight but im not a real sportsy person, meaning I suck at them. What can I do to loose weight?

Hey girlie, first of all, you might not weigh more than you should. Your BMI doesn't take into account muscle mass and other factors. If you look skinny and you can feel good about yourself, you're probably a healthy weight. But if you're still worried about it, add more vegetables to your diet. Vegetables fill you up with fewer calories than fatty, greasy foods. You can also find free yoga and zumba videos online that you can do to have fun while you're working out.

Lauren T.

by mayzok1 on 12/16/2012 7:15:21 PM

I have probs sleeping so I told my doctor and she recommended an over the counter medicine. Its called melatonin and it replaces the melatonin you lose. If you have trouble sleeping like I do just ask your doctor if you can take this. It really works!

by skiwi2 on 12/16/2012 5:24:43 PM

Thank you so much for this article! This is exactly what I needed! For two reasons.
1. I have had a hard time sleeping, and this tells me WHY I am tired all day and energized all night.
2. Now I can prove to my 16-year-old brother that he DOES need more than 7 hours of sleep! For some reason, he thinks everything I say is wrong and everything he says is right. Brothers. *Eye roll.* Smile

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 12/15/2012 10:43:14 PM

I'm on my Ipod up until I go to sleep. xD
The "lights" it gives off or whatever your excuse to get kids off the internet is doesn't effect me, or any of my friends, for that matter.

by ziirnn on 12/14/2012 6:20:02 PM

I go to bed around 10:00 every weeknight and more like 10:30-10:45 on the weekends...I'm the type of person that needs her rest in order to function lol

by maggie183 on 12/13/2012 6:23:51 PM

Its impossible for me to go to sleep at night! I have so much energy I can hear my heart beating really really fast because I have so much energy and I don't fall asleep until 5 AM!

This is a LEGIT club about boy advice. Any questions you have let me know because guess what?! I have 5 brothers and I have each age group of boys that you will have questions for (about ANYTHING)get REAL answers from REAL BOYS themselves! Or you can get girls perspectives! BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!

by Chloe<3 on 12/13/2012 5:01:02 PM

You say power down the phones and laptops 2 hours before you go to sleep. I am not sure if that is reasonable. That is when things just get powered up certain days. I agree on getting enough sleep, its so important but sometimes it isnt possible.

by fashionqn on 12/13/2012 4:37:11 PM

***HEY GIRLS*** want advice on boys,beauty,or just want to have a conversation?join my advice queen! Smile
we can talk about stuff that you wouldn't be comfortable with other people,and i will not judge you
-VNJ99