8 HOURS AGO Bust out a brand new you! How, you may ask? We have all the answers right here!: http://t.co/hC70M42weR

9 HOURS AGO Who run the world? Girls (& tampons)!: http://t.co/sF2jsA3yCU

9 HOURS AGO RT @Amber_Montana: Thanks for including me in your magazine this month @girlslifemag! pic.twitter.com/i536Du2w8k

COMMENTS

Put your hearts up: Opening up about the Sandy Hook shooting

Just a few months ago, the world reeled following the Aurora movie theater shooting. And now, here we are again, shocked and horrified and unbelievably...

I read that this man's brother said the gunman had been diagnosed with mental illnesses earlier, and that may have been why, though now nobody will know. It will be so much easier when it all stops. It all, just, stops.

by happyone123 on 12/14/2012 11:37:59 PM

this is a horrible incident...i don't really know what to say. my heart goes out to all those people who lost their lives and their families. this man was cruel and heartless, it isn't fair that he ended so many lives so quickly.

by sammyy99 on 12/14/2012 11:29:21 PM

I don't get it!! Everday after schooli go and help teach kindergarteners music and reading. How can someone be so heartless!!! Today I broke down crying when I was helping and all the kindergarteners ran over and gave me a big hug..... I just cant imagine what there families and communities are going through.ill pray and pray and pray for all of them.

by wyotrees on 12/14/2012 11:28:36 PM

Its just so sad. Why are people so intent upon killing people? Its awful, so sorry for the families affected by this tregedy. I cant even imagine killing my own mom. What could someone have done to make that person like that?????
Frown

by purplecupcake411 on 12/14/2012 11:24:54 PM

I don't understand how such cruel, heartless, cold, people can do such a thing. I can only think of how this man could kill 10 children, and his mum! Ten children... ten little lives ruined. And for the 15 more people, their lives were cut unexpectedly short, by someone so heartless. I will be praying for the families of these children, men, and women who were killed. And I will be praying for the lives of the people who were injured during the shooting. Those people will never live their lives as if they had if the shooting never happened. They will always have the picture of a man, shooting their friends, acquaintances, and complete strangers, and they lived. I wish I could just send flowers and a 'Get Well Soon' or 'Sorry For Your Loss' card to the families of the children, men, and women who were either killed or injured, or even visit them. I feel horrible for them. And, why would he kill so many people if he was going to kill himself? I just don't get it. I am so sorry for them.

by Rey on 12/14/2012 11:03:15 PM

MOD!!!!

Hey girl,

I'm so sorry for your boyfriend and what he must be going through. I would recommend that he speak with a trusted adult such as a parent, teacher, guidance counselor or doctor ASAP about what he's going through and how he's feeling. For additional help, I would refer him to this post, which has hotlines and resources of professionals he can speak with. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by luv798 on 12/14/2012 10:38:57 PM

Whenever something like this happens, i want to cry. Who would walk into a school and shoot and kill 20 innocent children. Children who held promises, hope and nothing but good intentions. 20 families will have children who will never open Christmas presents under the tree. 600 children have had their innocence stripped away-forever. It makes me sick. I pray for all these families who have been affected by this tragedy. Several yrs ago my school had an almost shooting,luckily someone caught the kid in time. I could never imagine this happening to anyone. Ever. I will hold all the victims in my heart for the weeks, months and years to come. <3

by iheartu? on 12/14/2012 10:32:17 PM

What a terrible, terrible tragedy. Those young kindergardeners and teachers didn't deserve a fate like this. Imagine losing your little 5 or 6 year old around the holidays and to such a random act of horror. I can't even begin to imagine the pain the families are going through. I can only hope this experience can be learned from so that it never happens again..... I will be praying for everyone involved and everyone please do the same. This just shows us that life is a gift and we shouldnt take for granted what we are given because every day might be your last.. Make your days count<3
- God Bless -
-Caroline xx

by dojhallow97 on 12/14/2012 10:31:57 PM

I just can't imagine what it's like for all of these families whose little children won't be coming home today. they are just starting out and now they don't get to experience the things that every person should get to experience.

by soccerholic on 12/14/2012 9:59:15 PM

At school I had a really bad feeling that something was going to happen today, people asked me whats wrong I lied and said I was just nervous about presenting a project in front of the class. Then I come home and my sister tells me about what happened. The shooter was mentally ill, may the all the lives lost rest in peace, and to the parents, siblings, relatives and friends who lost a love one today, I am so sorry.

by hinatagal on 12/14/2012 9:53:09 PM