1 HOURS AGO Go behind the scenes of this year's #GLfashbash: http://t.co/qDH8tnIGJi

2 HOURS AGO Our girl, @lauramarano shows us why veggies are the http://t.co/pLtNniQ0l2: http://t.co/Zd1nuJDn4c

3 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 2 chatterboxes talk it out with @PantechMobile's Pantech Vybe: http://t.co/ISHwCBt5o7

COMMENTS

Put your hearts up: Opening up about the Sandy Hook shooting

Just a few months ago, the world reeled following the Aurora movie theater shooting. And now, here we are again, shocked and horrified and unbelievably...

The shooters mother was actually killed at her home before he proceeded to the school. She wasn't teaching the class during the shooting.
This is so tragic... I mean I am almost in tears. 18 families are now torn apart, and just in time for the Holidays too. They had wonderful, full and complete lives ahead of them. Today I was on a field trip, so we were allowed to text (b/c we weren't in school), and my friends mom texted her and told her what happened. She said that she was heartbroken... and I am too.
And for all of the children at Sandy Hook and their families who were fortunately unscathed during the shooting: just be extremely grateful. You were granted and blessed with this gift from God. I cannot imagine being exposed to so much, at such an early age...
I love every single one of you out there. Don't stop believing. And if you are in one of those families who were affected by this tragic event, Don't Be Afraid To Tell Your Story. Let It Out. Forward this message.

by ImaCuteGeek72 on 12/14/2012 9:38:02 PM

I live close to this town and 2 friends of mine go to Sandy Hook. They were fine. I'm praying for anyone who was effected.

by olivia192000 on 12/14/2012 9:31:41 PM

That is sooooooooooooo sad. I feel so sad right now, because of this. I saw the comment posted by chherfulcheer and I am praying for your family. I live no where near there, but I am horrified, because what if they shot at my brother's school, and his friends died? No family deserves to go through this. I would be scarred for life to see 18 of my friends dying before my eyes. I can't believe someone would do this. All I see on the news these days are deaths and injuries. Everybody: don't turn out like these horrible people on the news who spread sadness and hate. Everybody, just Put Your Hearts Up.

by HappySunshine on 12/14/2012 9:21:53 PM

I am crying. No. I'm actually bawling for these families. I have a five year old sister, and I can't say how thankful I feel for being able to see her again...some families in this world, can't say the same. And my heart aches for them.

by E1R2I3N4 on 12/14/2012 9:09:56 PM

I'm crying.Nno. I am acutally bawling my eyes out for these families. I have a five year old sister, and I can't even begin to imagine, nor do I want to. But unfortunatly some parents have to tonight. I just don't understand what our world is coming to...

by E1R2I3N4 on 12/14/2012 9:05:53 PM

it was 18 children

by ljbdaisy on 12/14/2012 9:04:50 PM

My prayers go out to the families and anyone else harmed by this incident. i just cant beleive someone would take the lives of people escpecially kids who were probally coloring thinking about christmas they were so young, and all the un-opened presents on christmas it's just so sad my heart goes out to all affected by this. Only the good die young... RIP

by jazmine ann on 12/14/2012 8:31:45 PM

We have TVs in our school cafeteria, and today during of lunch one of them was covering the shootings at Sandy Hook. My BFFs and I were shocked. An ELEMENTARY SCHOOL?!?!? Kinda ruined the rest of our day.

Hearts go out to everyone in Newtown...

by JaceFanGirl on 12/14/2012 8:26:12 PM

"Everybody put your hearts up for me"
- Put Your Hearts Up by Ariana Grande
I feel terrible for the victims which are innocent children thinking that school is the safest place for them to be right now. ;( Put your hearts up for these children. Go onto Youtube and search the song above and comment on what you'll do to put your hearts up and comment here on Girlslife.

by transform2314 on 12/14/2012 8:04:17 PM

This is so Ironic. My school just had a lock-down drill. This is so sad. This guy probably is mentally off. Meghan D.

by miley13t on 12/14/2012 7:56:24 PM