14 HOURS AGO #GLQuiz Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/4LTyVqDpZO

15 HOURS AGO What to expect transitioning from home schooling to public school: http://t.co/VexOwlx570

16 HOURS AGO Exactly what to put in your BTS makeup bag! http://t.co/N6wTjqrhwe

COMMENTS

Put your hearts up: Opening up about the Sandy Hook shooting

Just a few months ago, the world reeled following the Aurora movie theater shooting. And now, here we are again, shocked and horrified and unbelievably...

A few days ago,on the 22nd,it would have been one of the little girls who was shot's birthday.It's so sad that an innocent little girl cannot celebrate her 7th birthday.I wore pink all day to honor her and thought about her all day.This was sick.Just sick

by ashbabe567765 on 2/26/2013 11:27:20 PM

This is so sad. When I heard about it, I had just come home from walking with my friends from the bus stop after school. I walked in the door, put down all my stuff and then my mom came over and hugged me and she told me everything she knew about it. I didn't cry. I didn't curse the man who did it. I was in shock. I didn't know what to make of it. The aftereffects didn't really kick in until about a week later when I saw all these posts on Pinterest. Then I started crying and crying so hard. I have an eight year old brother who I love soooo much and it would kill me if he died. I never ever had to worry about all this when I was his age and now he does. I think that this situation the US is in right now is unacceptable because nobody except the military should have guns and now look what happened. Children have died. And in order to change this we have to stand up against guns. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but this is what I think. Rest in peace little angels.

by Alligator157 on 1/26/2013 6:01:05 PM

I remeber thinking that the next morning i would walk up to it being Friday and I could have safed them but i live half way across the country...... im guessing God wanted his angels back Frown

by ArianaKatFan on 1/9/2013 6:50:03 PM

@cheerfulcheer, my heart truly goes out to you and your family. I am so sorry that you have to go through that. I don't have relatives or friends up there, but I know that it must be horrible. When I think of this situation, it brings tears to my eyes and a pain to my heart. Just know that you are in my prayers, along with everyone else affected. Please know that your cousin will forever be smiling down on you.

by the_girl_in_goal on 1/8/2013 5:45:32 PM

20 futures. 20 parents. 20 employees. 20 wives/husbands. 20 more angels in Heaven.

by Rotfl:brbttyl:) on 1/1/2013 7:36:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD please answer ASAP
My mom died 8 1/2 years ago, but for some reason I'm still not over her death. I always wake up in the middle of the night crying cause I miss her. Or some days I lock myself in my room and cry alone. It's gotten a lot worse now that my dad is gonna get re married. Nowadays I cry myself to sleep. Please help! Is there something wrong with me? I just miss her so much!!!

Hey girl, it sounds to me like you may be suffering from depression. The best thing you can do right now is find someone you trust to talk to about these feelings. It's hard but will help so much. Ultimately you may want to seek counseling to help you, and a good place to start may be school. Above all, if you feel overwhelmed please don't hesitate to go here: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Helen S.

by Kat_13 on 12/27/2012 1:29:54 PM

The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom should I fear?
The Lord is my life's refuge;
Of whomever should I be afraid?

We need to remember that no matter what, God is with us. Even in times like this, He shows Himself. I can see Him in my mind's eye waiting at the doors of Sandy Hook Elementary to welcome those who passed into His eternal home. I'm sure He received them with loving arms and a warm heart. I am positive that He comforts those who did survive. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

by Emathmind98 on 12/23/2012 12:03:12 AM

They will be in my thoughts in prayers. We must remember to cherish the little children in our lives that are our siblings, the kids we babysit, etc. because this could have been any one of them.

by The.musician.98 on 12/22/2012 10:58:16 PM

Newtown- you are in my heat and prayers and my families hearts and prayers. God bless you all

by sarebear118 on 12/22/2012 6:57:52 PM

I hope and I pray that those families are ok. I can't imagine what could go through someone's head to make them want to do something like that's. That is terrifying.

by hungergamesfan on 12/21/2012 10:32:28 PM

Wow.. im speechless god bless Connecticut. This is just so sad.

by outlera212 on 12/20/2012 9:08:24 PM

He did murder his mom in the house they lived in. It is so sad and scary to hear about these things. My prayers are with the families and friends of the victims

by neo6m on 12/19/2012 6:12:49 PM

he didnt murder his mom in her home. his mom was the kindergarden teacher.

by YayaYuiki on 12/17/2012 9:00:50 PM

One if my friends new a girl who was shot. Thank you for letting people know about this.

by cp33 on 12/17/2012 8:31:18 PM

Because of this, my school's security has now been upped so much. We are no longer allowed to carry our backpacks (the school is huge and sometimes your locker is one one end, upstairs, and it takes all of break just to get there, let alone go back to your classes), if you have to go between the two buildings, the doors are locked until a hall monitor sees your ID card and lets you in. IDs have to be with you at all times, even the classroom doors are locked, and we are not allowed to leave our classrooms during class.

The sad thing about this, is, it took a shooting that kills so many people for my school to up the security.

Everyone is really upset about the backpacks because we have such long distances to walk through our school. I think that schools should have the metal detectors you walk through so that makes us even safer.

It is so wrong that this happened, and my prayers go out to the town and the families.

by callieluv21 on 12/17/2012 6:48:51 PM

I was horrified to hear about this, and my heart will always be with the families of the victims.W hen I heard about the Aurora shooting I thought that was really bad. This is even worse. I cried myself to sleep that night. I am so sorry for all the Newtown people and the community. The country is feeling your pain. We all love you and we are all grieving right now. And to all the children that were at the school and came out unharmed physically, You are all so brave and I am proud of what you did. to the boy who comforted his teacher, you were braver than I probably would have ever been in that situation. LOVE EVERYBODY. YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS. Frown Meghan D.

by chiarasparks on 12/17/2012 4:32:53 PM

I hate it how here I am simply typing on my computer while so many families are going though this tragedy. In school today we had a moment of silence, and now have to practice lock downs

by ColosalMascara on 12/17/2012 2:07:40 PM

@cheerfulcheer my heart goes out to you and your family. Nothing can fill this pain but I wish on you every happiness in the future. Nobody deserves this and my prayers and heart goes out to all the families affected by this tragedy.

by lolobelle_loves13 on 12/17/2012 1:33:04 PM

I'm from Newtown and the whole town is just devasted. Peopple are walking around crying. The churches are packed all the time. Yesterday there was a bomb threat in the center of twon and all most all the polices force from surrondong towns came. Tomorrow we will be going back to school. I have no idea what it is going to be like. If anybody could, wear green and white to honor Sandy Hook. It is a part of Newtown and it would mean the world to us here if anybody could

by peachyqueen on 12/17/2012 10:08:03 AM

actually,he killed his mother at home,then went to the school,then killed 6 teachers and 20 children.the mother wasnt at the school when she died

by rainbowssparklesdesu on 12/17/2012 3:50:46 AM

ITs so scary to think that we could go to school tomorrow and that could be it. I have family that lives close to Sandy Hook, and one of them is in elementary school. I am so grateful that he wasnt involed. I cant imagine what the families of the victems, and the children who wittnessed the shootings are going through.

by PS2905 on 12/16/2012 8:36:04 PM

this is wrong the post and the inciddent, he killed his parents 6 adults 20 children and himself anyway wear blue and yellow tmro to honor sandy hook

by skysky429 on 12/16/2012 8:18:49 PM

How could this happen?? One of those innocent children could have grown up to become the greatest president yet, or the doctor with a painless cure for cancer. However because of this despicable human being the world will never know!! Now their families will have a hard time trusting anyone again. They will be afraid to send their other children to school or anywhere else!!! All I can say is that is this is what humanity has to show for itself than this is a sad day indeed.

by Bookworm16 on 12/16/2012 7:54:15 PM

I can't even imagine what the parents, relatives and friends are going through. Love to you all that have experienced this tragic incident. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

by WashingtonGirlie13 on 12/16/2012 7:51:48 PM

it is so terribly sad. Little kids. How do the parents feel? i can only imagine. My god sister lives in that community and a very good friend of hers that she had know since preschool was shot and killed.

by fanciestjen on 12/16/2012 7:46:59 PM

You need to get your information from a better source, he killed both his parents at there house, shot the principle along with 6 other staff while he was saying announcement & kill 19 kindergartens, & some are still missing

by RubySparkle on 12/16/2012 5:22:06 PM

What I don't understand is how can you look into the eyes of a 6 year old (let alone 20) and just shoot them? It takes one sick minded man to break the hearts of the whole country.

by tennischic9 on 12/16/2012 5:07:42 PM

So sad... Praying for all of the people involved...<3

by HowToLove on 12/16/2012 5:06:07 PM

When I heard about this, I was utterly and completely shocked. Elementary school kids. This is absolutely horrible, and I'm at a total loss for words. How could someone look into the eyes of a child and STILL pull the trigger????? My heart goes out to the families of the victims and to the survivors. You will all be in my prayers.

by lpolk on 12/15/2012 11:16:11 PM

I'm sorry, but this article is beyond inaccurate. A tragedy such as this deserves the FACTS, not false 'journalism'. Show some respect, please.

by mintytcc on 12/15/2012 11:01:53 PM

I just don't understand what that guy was thinking. That is just really sad. Meghan D.

by Sarah510 on 12/15/2012 10:54:55 PM

What happened is beyond awful. Our state has been affected immensely by this tragedy. My heart is with all the families of the victims. Please everyone try to help in any way you can whether it be a prayer or donation or anything to help the families. We all need to be thankful for all the loved ones in our lives and spread kindness and love. <3 Meghan D.

by hali1184 on 12/15/2012 10:32:25 PM

my heart and prayers go out to all these families, this was such a terrible thing to happen.

by jillybean1998 on 12/15/2012 9:32:06 PM

why did he have to go and take all those children along with himself. this is a horrible thing to happen, the things people do in this world, it scares me, i dont like this world. i dont feel safe, even in my own house. schools need to have better security, where when you first come in you come into the office.

Meghan D.

by ellaphantm on 12/15/2012 9:30:00 PM

I am doing okay in light of this tragedy.

by otter77 on 12/15/2012 9:21:43 PM

First of all, chicas, you should all where yellow and blue on monday because those are the Sandy Hook school colors. I live in Alaska and fortunately, I don't know anyone that lives in Connecticut but that doesn't mean my heart doesn't go out to every single man, woman, and child that lives in Newtown and I hope that in the years to come that they all may find closure and have that never happen again. I hope that this will never, ever happen again to anyone, but I know it will. Most of all, I pray that it never happens to any of my loved ones or my friends' loved ones.

by IDKBoys on 12/15/2012 8:52:27 PM

I live 20 minutes from Newtown, so my school was on lockdown from the minute they heard about the first kill. We were on a secret lockdown. None of the students knew about the lockdown, only the teachers and staff. If he didn't kill himself, he could have come for my school. But, the man was named Adam Lancos and he had a mental illness. He killed his mother at her house with his mothers guns. Then he proceeded to the school and killed 8 adults and 18 children and 3 people were brought to the hospital but only one lived which means he killed 20 children. My boyfriend's dad went to the scene because he was a state trooper. I knew many of the cops that went there. But, anyway he killed the principal, all the people in the front office, and teachers. When the children were evacuated, they had to be told to close their eyes and run because of all the corpses. My town had a prayer thing at the town gazebo to pray for the parents and families going through this tragedy. Pray for everyone.

by allyluvsgl on 12/15/2012 8:25:42 PM

FWD FWD FWD:
EVERYONE WEAR BLUE ON MONDAY TO HONOR THE STUDENTS AND STAFF THAT DIED IN THE SHOOTING. R.I.P.

It makes me really sad to hear about this. Why would he do such a thing, in his moms own classroom? Hang in there everyone. I know it's hard to see, but things will get better!xoxo

by Vjazzy2000 on 12/15/2012 8:21:13 PM

Heyy everyone for school on Monday were blue for all the staff members and children that died. Forward this to EVERYONE you know. Make people feel bad for what happened so hopefully some of this will stop Frown

by Izzybel on 12/15/2012 6:56:47 PM

My heart goes out to the families that were affected by this and everyone else who was there and in the building.I fell bad for the children who watched their friends die and be so close to the person who killed all those people.

by emmacd on 12/15/2012 6:47:20 PM

When I heard about this my heart sank.I couldn't believe that some one would go and kill innocent little children like that.And unfortunately we can't stop people like this and unfortunately it will happen again .What is this world coming to?

by emmacd on 12/15/2012 6:39:50 PM

I hate to be a downer like this, but there is nothing we can do to make sure it will never happen again. It's happened before, and it will happen again. We can wrap everyone in bullet-proof vests, but evil people will just find another way to mutilate innocent bystanders. It's just important to appreciate every minute we have, because we never know when it will end. My heart goes out to all affected by this horrible incident.

by happy-go-lucky14 on 12/15/2012 5:02:56 PM

This happened so close to my house, and such a terrible incident...... I camt believe anyone could be so heartless as to kill innocent children, i started crying when i heard the news...ots just so terrible

by LilyLookALike on 12/15/2012 4:47:11 PM

I feel horrible for everybody. For the parent who lost there child that day, I feel so horrible. Also, the kids who saw their teacher and best friends get shot. They're going to carry that in their minds their whole life. I cry everytime I hear about it.

by julybaby01 on 12/15/2012 4:03:05 PM

A boy in 6th grade at my school died, I was very close to him. I was already sad about his loss... and now this?! Part of me thinks the world is going to end because of all of these killings

by heather99 on 12/15/2012 3:15:11 PM

I was in this building when this happened. I was hysterical afterwards.The moment I saw my mom running towards me and my sister in the distance I ran straight into her arms, where I stayed there crying for hours, crying and sobbing my heart out.

by Sarah510 on 12/15/2012 3:01:32 PM

20 families who have probably going to keep there children's 2012 Christmas presents forever. 20 families who will never forget there heart dropping when they found out part of their heart got killed. How could that stupid man do something so harmless!!! The children did nothing wrong - why did he have to take his anger and frustatin out on innocent five year olds!!! I am so grateful that me and my sister are alive.

by Sarah510 on 12/15/2012 2:59:18 PM

I think it was 20 children. How could someone do this?!!! I have a little brother and sister who around the same age as the children who died, it breaks my heart. My thoughts and prayers are with the poor parents of those children, and the kids who saw their friends shot; they will never be the same. It is such a tragedy... those poor people

by Kstar101 on 12/15/2012 2:55:30 PM

I was at this school when this happened.I'm in sixth grade, but my younger sister is in 4th grade and her teacher wanted me to come in so I did and the shooting happened.My sister dodged a shot, I was terrifed. All of the teachers were amazing trying to protect the kids. I never would have thought that this would have happened in such a small town. But it did. A few of my sister's friends got killed ; and I am so glad that my sister or I didn't. To all of the families who just lost a child or a few children I am speechless and so sorry. I just don't understand how somebody could do something that cruel. If he had a problem with his mom, he should have talked to her about it - not come to school and kill all the people I know so well. I will never forgive that guy; I don't care how sick and twisted he is; I am so glad he's dead. I will never be able to forget this; forget how I helped my sister's classmates hide; and I'll never be able to forgive him. Never. I am still in hysterics.

by Sarah510 on 12/15/2012 2:54:27 PM

I don't know what to say. I just feel really bad. Frown

by iRead on 12/15/2012 11:22:13 AM

Fly high baby angels<3 you're missed so much by everyone.

by Beachychick on 12/15/2012 10:44:19 AM

its messed up. I live in connecticut!!! Just because you have a mental illness doesnt make it okay for you to just shoot innocent kids!!! RIP.....

by Volleyballrulez on 12/15/2012 10:33:39 AM

God bless. All of my friends sat together and cried. It is just so inhumane.

by pfeiloli000 on 12/15/2012 9:40:18 AM

It's terrible. He must have been mentally ill to kill his own mother and all the innocent children. I cant even imagine how it would feel, to drive to my child's school to see if they were alive.

by chick987 on 12/15/2012 9:20:58 AM

I don't understand how someone could look at twenty little kindergartners and kill them. Especially so close to Christmas.... I can only imagine the pain that these families and the other kids and teachers are going through right now. Those kids had so much ahead of them; graduating High School, going to college, getting married, having their own kids... But now they're up in Heaven with God<3 My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in NewTown. Something like this is just so heartbreaking, it makes me want to cry. :'(

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 12/15/2012 9:08:44 AM

i am so sorry for the victims and their families

by sydstar1999 on 12/15/2012 9:02:24 AM

Who could do such a thing? People are so sick. All those kids had so much to look foward to in life, and now they won't even be able to experience any of it. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, their families, friends, Sandy Hook Elementary School, and Newtown, CT. May God watch over these children (and teachers) in Heaven, and may He give strength to those who have lost anyone in this shooting. Frown

by Run4Life28 on 12/15/2012 8:57:49 AM

Why would someone do something like that? This is horrible.

by superglittergirl on 12/15/2012 8:52:03 AM

GL has their facts wrong, 20 children were shot in total, and Eight adults.

by Lalainya on 12/15/2012 1:05:28 AM

I can't imagine how the families are feeling right now. This is an incident that never should have taken place. I can't imagine how the families of the children, men, and woman who were killed in this feel right now. The children will have that picture engraved in their mind forever. I feel so sorry for all of them.

by DancrGurl on 12/15/2012 1:03:32 AM

I read that this man's brother said the gunman had been diagnosed with mental illnesses earlier, and that may have been why, though now nobody will know. It will be so much easier when it all stops. It all, just, stops.

by happyone123 on 12/14/2012 11:37:59 PM

this is a horrible incident...i don't really know what to say. my heart goes out to all those people who lost their lives and their families. this man was cruel and heartless, it isn't fair that he ended so many lives so quickly.

by sammyy99 on 12/14/2012 11:29:21 PM

I don't get it!! Everday after schooli go and help teach kindergarteners music and reading. How can someone be so heartless!!! Today I broke down crying when I was helping and all the kindergarteners ran over and gave me a big hug..... I just cant imagine what there families and communities are going through.ill pray and pray and pray for all of them.

by wyotrees on 12/14/2012 11:28:36 PM

Its just so sad. Why are people so intent upon killing people? Its awful, so sorry for the families affected by this tregedy. I cant even imagine killing my own mom. What could someone have done to make that person like that?????
Frown

by purplecupcake411 on 12/14/2012 11:24:54 PM

I don't understand how such cruel, heartless, cold, people can do such a thing. I can only think of how this man could kill 10 children, and his mum! Ten children... ten little lives ruined. And for the 15 more people, their lives were cut unexpectedly short, by someone so heartless. I will be praying for the families of these children, men, and women who were killed. And I will be praying for the lives of the people who were injured during the shooting. Those people will never live their lives as if they had if the shooting never happened. They will always have the picture of a man, shooting their friends, acquaintances, and complete strangers, and they lived. I wish I could just send flowers and a 'Get Well Soon' or 'Sorry For Your Loss' card to the families of the children, men, and women who were either killed or injured, or even visit them. I feel horrible for them. And, why would he kill so many people if he was going to kill himself? I just don't get it. I am so sorry for them.

by Rey on 12/14/2012 11:03:15 PM

MOD!!!!

Hey girl,

I'm so sorry for your boyfriend and what he must be going through. I would recommend that he speak with a trusted adult such as a parent, teacher, guidance counselor or doctor ASAP about what he's going through and how he's feeling. For additional help, I would refer him to this post, which has hotlines and resources of professionals he can speak with. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by luv798 on 12/14/2012 10:38:57 PM

Whenever something like this happens, i want to cry. Who would walk into a school and shoot and kill 20 innocent children. Children who held promises, hope and nothing but good intentions. 20 families will have children who will never open Christmas presents under the tree. 600 children have had their innocence stripped away-forever. It makes me sick. I pray for all these families who have been affected by this tragedy. Several yrs ago my school had an almost shooting,luckily someone caught the kid in time. I could never imagine this happening to anyone. Ever. I will hold all the victims in my heart for the weeks, months and years to come. <3

by iheartu? on 12/14/2012 10:32:17 PM

What a terrible, terrible tragedy. Those young kindergardeners and teachers didn't deserve a fate like this. Imagine losing your little 5 or 6 year old around the holidays and to such a random act of horror. I can't even begin to imagine the pain the families are going through. I can only hope this experience can be learned from so that it never happens again..... I will be praying for everyone involved and everyone please do the same. This just shows us that life is a gift and we shouldnt take for granted what we are given because every day might be your last.. Make your days count<3
- God Bless -
-Caroline xx

by dojhallow97 on 12/14/2012 10:31:57 PM

I just can't imagine what it's like for all of these families whose little children won't be coming home today. they are just starting out and now they don't get to experience the things that every person should get to experience.

by soccerholic on 12/14/2012 9:59:15 PM

At school I had a really bad feeling that something was going to happen today, people asked me whats wrong I lied and said I was just nervous about presenting a project in front of the class. Then I come home and my sister tells me about what happened. The shooter was mentally ill, may the all the lives lost rest in peace, and to the parents, siblings, relatives and friends who lost a love one today, I am so sorry.

by hinatagal on 12/14/2012 9:53:09 PM

The shooters mother was actually killed at her home before he proceeded to the school. She wasn't teaching the class during the shooting.
This is so tragic... I mean I am almost in tears. 18 families are now torn apart, and just in time for the Holidays too. They had wonderful, full and complete lives ahead of them. Today I was on a field trip, so we were allowed to text (b/c we weren't in school), and my friends mom texted her and told her what happened. She said that she was heartbroken... and I am too.
And for all of the children at Sandy Hook and their families who were fortunately unscathed during the shooting: just be extremely grateful. You were granted and blessed with this gift from God. I cannot imagine being exposed to so much, at such an early age...
I love every single one of you out there. Don't stop believing. And if you are in one of those families who were affected by this tragic event, Don't Be Afraid To Tell Your Story. Let It Out. Forward this message.

by ImaCuteGeek72 on 12/14/2012 9:38:02 PM

I live close to this town and 2 friends of mine go to Sandy Hook. They were fine. I'm praying for anyone who was effected.

by olivia192000 on 12/14/2012 9:31:41 PM

That is sooooooooooooo sad. I feel so sad right now, because of this. I saw the comment posted by chherfulcheer and I am praying for your family. I live no where near there, but I am horrified, because what if they shot at my brother's school, and his friends died? No family deserves to go through this. I would be scarred for life to see 18 of my friends dying before my eyes. I can't believe someone would do this. All I see on the news these days are deaths and injuries. Everybody: don't turn out like these horrible people on the news who spread sadness and hate. Everybody, just Put Your Hearts Up.

by HappySunshine on 12/14/2012 9:21:53 PM

I am crying. No. I'm actually bawling for these families. I have a five year old sister, and I can't say how thankful I feel for being able to see her again...some families in this world, can't say the same. And my heart aches for them.

by E1R2I3N4 on 12/14/2012 9:09:56 PM

I'm crying.Nno. I am acutally bawling my eyes out for these families. I have a five year old sister, and I can't even begin to imagine, nor do I want to. But unfortunatly some parents have to tonight. I just don't understand what our world is coming to...

by E1R2I3N4 on 12/14/2012 9:05:53 PM

it was 18 children

by ljbdaisy on 12/14/2012 9:04:50 PM

My prayers go out to the families and anyone else harmed by this incident. i just cant beleive someone would take the lives of people escpecially kids who were probally coloring thinking about christmas they were so young, and all the un-opened presents on christmas it's just so sad my heart goes out to all affected by this. Only the good die young... RIP

by jazmine ann on 12/14/2012 8:31:45 PM

We have TVs in our school cafeteria, and today during of lunch one of them was covering the shootings at Sandy Hook. My BFFs and I were shocked. An ELEMENTARY SCHOOL?!?!? Kinda ruined the rest of our day.

Hearts go out to everyone in Newtown...

by JaceFanGirl on 12/14/2012 8:26:12 PM

"Everybody put your hearts up for me"
- Put Your Hearts Up by Ariana Grande
I feel terrible for the victims which are innocent children thinking that school is the safest place for them to be right now. ;( Put your hearts up for these children. Go onto Youtube and search the song above and comment on what you'll do to put your hearts up and comment here on Girlslife.

by transform2314 on 12/14/2012 8:04:17 PM

This is so Ironic. My school just had a lock-down drill. This is so sad. This guy probably is mentally off. Meghan D.

by miley13t on 12/14/2012 7:56:24 PM

I'm shocked and heartbroken about the news. I heard about it in my math class. My teacher was looking at her phone and said that there was a shooting today. I was sad of course but not THAT sad. But when i got home and saw it on the news, I saw the reality of it. It reminds me of the Columbine shooting story.
It just breaks my heart to know that somebody would do something like this. And to do it to Children? Not teenagers, but 9 and 10 year old's, children that had a life ahead of them full of dream come trues and love. All of it was taken away from them. It truly breaks my heart.

My sympathy goes out to the parents and the lost lives of the children. I wish them the best.

by Sparksfly on 12/14/2012 7:40:33 PM

I don't know how sick and horrible a person must be to be able to look into a frightened child's eyes and still pull the trigger. I mean that is just awful and my heart and prayers go out to all the families who were/are effected and especially the children who had to be there and see their friends, classmates, and teachers die right before their eyes. Frown

by lhmercier on 12/14/2012 7:33:38 PM

HOW CAN ANYONE PULL A TRIGER AT A KINDERGARTENER!!!??!! They R SICK, I tell U SICK!

by sarahsprinkles265 on 12/14/2012 7:30:49 PM

This is the kind of thing that keeps me up at night. I live in Colorado, a few cities away from the Aurora shooting. I remember how scared i was when that happened. Also, kids at my mom's school have been putting homemade bombs in the school yard. Another boy at her school has threatened teachers and kids and said he was going to kill them. How can someone do this and still have a human conscience?! Why would you rather end the life of someone else, including family, to feel better about your self. Please prevent things like this happening.

by cupcake_mutt13 on 12/14/2012 7:22:50 PM

I am at a loss for words for how horrific this is. I have no idea why anyone would want to kill innocent children. I am praying for those families in Connecticut.

by AMCfangirl on 12/14/2012 7:20:04 PM

o.m.g that is so sad why would he do that

by fashion456 on 12/14/2012 7:13:47 PM

I don't have family members that were in or at the shooting, but my sympathy goes out to anyone's loved ones who were victims of the shooting.

by coldplay12 on 12/14/2012 7:03:37 PM

My love goes out to these poor families. It is disgusting to think that people do these things. They will definitely be in my prayers! <3

by Sprinklz28 on 12/14/2012 6:45:19 PM

This just disgusts me. All those people and especially the children. They had their whole lives ahead of them and they all had the potential to be the next Bill Gates or Ghandi. There is so much evil in the world. I am so sorry for the families affected by this tragedy. No one deserves something like this to happen. People need to live with the light of love in their hearts and I believe that one day, we will succeed to shut out the darkness. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

by cali princess on 12/14/2012 6:33:18 PM

Frown sad face...I can't believe someone would do that!

by Izzybel on 12/14/2012 6:28:55 PM

Wow...I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would do something like that. Killig innocent kids, who will never get to laugh again, or play again, or celebrate holidays. They will never get their first kiss, never go on dates, never get married. They were cheated out of a wonderful life. They were still so young. They had their WHOLE life ahead of them. They had so many good things going from, so many things to look forward to. And in an instant, that is no more. That one selfish murderer hurt 25 families, and affected 100's of families. Everyone that knows the families will be mourning for them. And think of all of the other kids in the school. Their innocence is ruined. They will have to grow up a lot faster now, because 18 of their friends DIED! A 5 year old shouldn't have to experience that. Situations like that really put things into perspective. You never know what you have until it's gone. I urge you to pray for the families and friends of the victims.

by rockchik333 on 12/14/2012 6:20:38 PM

That is just horrible. I give all my condolences to that teacher, to the 25 adults and children, to children's parents, and also to the children who had to witness that. Things like this have been happening countless times and its sick. I cant find any words to express my sympathy and how my heart is broken for all these people.

by Chloe<3 on 12/14/2012 6:19:01 PM

Thank you, Girlslife, for posting this article. My cousin was one of those little kids shot, and we're all having a hard time right now.

by cheerfulcheer on 12/14/2012 6:07:54 PM