2 HOURS AGO Do you think smoking is a big deal? http://t.co/wRmpH82b03

5 HOURS AGO 5 ways to remix your salad routine: http://t.co/ritxTtorOn

6 HOURS AGO 5 furry friends you need to follow on Instagram ASAP: http://t.co/PVxAb5RkaE

COMMENTS

How to deal with grief: A lesson from Sesame Street

Many years ago, our beloved PBS mainstay, Sesame Street, lost a beloved character, Mr. Hooper. And with that loss, they gained an opportunity to teach...

My dog died recently... he was only 2 years old. I came home from school and within 3 hours he died... I only got to see him for ten minutes and he looked like he was in so much pain... I still cry, but to make myself feel better, I got one of his un-ruined toys and I sleep with it EVERY night. I don't think there was a night I haven't slept with his toy. It makes me feel better.

by twilightskittle on 5/16/2013 10:36:23 PM

moddddddddd
im going to be super sad during the summer because all of my besties are going to colorado together for the whole summer but ill be bored here at my house until i go on vacation for 3 weeks on an island with NO INTERNET! im gonna be depressed. have any tips of things i can do during the summer that will help me not be depressed and have fun? thank you sooooo much! <3

Hey! try something new this summer, you'll be surprised how stimulating it can be. If you think you're terrible at drawing, get a sketchpad and take trips to the park with it. If you're not into exercise try walking each morning and try to build that up to a daily jog. It'll keep your mind engaged and off sad feelings about your friends, trust me Smile http://www.girlslife.com/RockYourWeekend.aspx

Helen S.

by Carrie_Underwood on 4/27/2013 9:28:37 AM

I'll See You Again. This is not where it ends. I will carry you with me. Til i see you again. -Carrie Underwood
if you trust in Jesus,you will see them again.

by Carrie_Underwood on 4/27/2013 9:16:39 AM

My great-grandmother died sunday night. I was really close with her and I miss her a lot. But I'm staying strong like she always did. She lived without her husband for 8 years. She's an inspiration.

by hbmsbraceface on 1/17/2013 4:08:58 PM

old sesame street episodes were rated pg13. is this 1 of them?

by dramaticstar on 1/8/2013 9:38:46 AM

Remember: If life had no ups and downs, there would be no life.To prove it, just look at a heart monitor from a hospital. The best we can do is just accept that life is not perfect and that's the way it's supposed to be. Everything has an ending, but don't make someone else's sad. Remember them for their happiness, jokes, and laughter.They will always be watching over you.

by lms229 on 12/18/2012 1:13:07 PM

Sometimes you have grief, just remember:
YOLO
You
Only
Live
Once
Live your life and don't let grief hold you back. Feel the pain and then let in the light.

by transform2314 on 12/17/2012 8:47:44 PM

My cousins died when they were very little. My baby cousin Aidan died when he was only 3 days old. Frown And Andrew died when he was 2 but it was 10 days before he turned 3. They both had their whole lives ahead of them. I never met Aidan. I went to his funeral and only saw him in his shoebox coffin. It was literally a white shoebox. So dealing with little kids and adults dying I know how it feels.

by allyluvsgl on 12/17/2012 7:32:01 PM

live your life to the fullest and don't let anyone stop you. crazy things happen but thats just the way it goes.

"its a mad mad world you got to get an escape,but its a perfect world when you go all the way...hit the lights"
-Selena Gomez

by kyra678 on 12/17/2012 6:14:27 PM

i actually almost cried...this really helped me to deal with greif. Here's how i cope
1. I remember all the good times i had with them to make me smile
2. i appreciate what a good person they were and how they made the world and my life brighter place and time.
3. i am lucky just to have gotten to meet them and be able to know them while they were here
4. i let go,there time here is done, but theres a whole wide world of freindly people and faces just waiting for me to meet them. when i go i hope to be able to be remembered just like this.people dont die, they go away for a while...thats just the way things are. life is all just a big cycle of joy and rememberance. were here to make others happy and bring smiles to the world. the point is...make your mark on the world while your here before your cycle is up...because time is ticking...some have shorter time than others so on your mark, get set, LIVE! and youll be happy that you did.
~MAKE YOUR MARK~

by kyra678 on 12/17/2012 6:12:15 PM

I handle grief by pushing the thought of it away until I become numb to the pain and I can think about it without feeling anything anymore.

by otter77 on 12/17/2012 6:05:23 PM

My friend and her mom died in September in an accident, and I just didn't understand why. Why people have to go, and why they can't come back. I know, I sound like a little kid, but if you've ever lost someone you know, you might understand. I couldn't believe it for a long time.

by oceangurl13 on 12/17/2012 4:37:49 PM