2 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

3 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

4 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz What kind of friends does your personality attract? http://t.co/RQkbRjeZXx

COMMENTS

4 unhealthy holiday excuses we all use...and how to beat 'em

You’ve gone all year working your butt off and eating right, and it’s totally paid off—you look and feel amazing. But it’s no secret that...

My Mom And Dad Both Say Its A Special Event, BUt Even If Its Not They Still eat Unhealthly And Use THat As Their Excuses. Is There Any Thing I Can Say That Wont Hurt Thier Feelings?

Hey girl,

Maybe you could suggest adding fruits or veggies to what they're eating, or offer to help cook and suggest healthier options while you help them. Say you want what's best for your family without being too pushy!

Meghan D.

by ArianaKatFan on 1/4/2013 8:45:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm thinking about going vegetarian for a while. I'm not a big meat eater and neither is the rest of my family so it shouldn't be too hard, but I mainly eat meat now because it's convenient. What are some dishes I could eat instead of mainly meat foods?

Hey girl! you came to the right mod, because I myself am a vegetarian Smile

A lot of vegetarians eat a lot of salad, but I don't particularly like salad. I often opt for pasta with veggies for dinner, and veggie sandwiches for lunch. Make sure to get protein from sources like beans and legumes. A lot of times, I pop black beans into one meal a day. I love making homemade BBQ pizza on pita bread with BBQ sauce, cheese, black beans, and avocado chunks. Sounds weird, but it's totally YUM. Spend a weekend experimenting with meat-free meals to find what you like. And if you like salad, totally go for that!!!

xoxoxo

Katie L.

by beaversanddandelions44 on 1/2/2013 5:24:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
okay i am thirteen and i want to start working out but i don't know where to start can you give me tips but not a link actual things to get me started it is my new years resolution. thank you
-Sydney

Hey girlie, start out slow. Make it a goal to work out three times a week. Buy a pair of 2-5 pound hand weights. Find work out videos for free on YouTube. Building muscle will help you burn more calories and lose more fat.

Lauren T.

by funnybunny661 on 12/30/2012 6:34:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD please please help! My thighs are really big and my butt is really flat - I'm really insecure about them both! Also I'm getting a little chubby around my tummy! How can I make my thighs smaller? And how can I get a flat stomach? And a better butt? I never have time to work out (it seems that way at least) but I really want to get in shape. I have basketball everyday from 6-8 but that never seems to help...what are some ways to get the above things while maybe studying or doing homework so I can multitask? I already sit on a bouncy ball (from another article ahaha)! And how can I FORCE myself to work out & eat healthier and not give into my temptations to like eat a candy bar or just like veg out on the couch? thank you!!

hey girl! you've really just gotta fight to find the motivation within yourself. it's impossible to spot reduce, you can't just "make your thighs smaller". it's going to be an all-around weight loss. convince yourself that it's for your health, because it IS. try putting work outs into your schedule so you can't cancel on yourself. You probably have some time you regularly spend to get on the computer or watch TV, so try exercising instead.

good luck! xoxo

Katie L.

by thatsnotawkward on 12/19/2012 4:27:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I'm 5'4, and about 125 pounds. If I have gym 2-3 times a week, for 90 minutes and If I do ab workouts everyday (50-80 sit ups and other 5 other ab workouts), how long would it take for me to have a flat, hard stomach? I also drink water a lot & have recently been healthier.. thanks!

hey girl! I'm sorry but it really just is impossible for me to say. I'm not a doctor or a professional. It sounds like you are very dedicated and also healthy, so just give it time. It takes a lot of effort and hard work for a girl to get a "hard" stomach, but you can do it if you set your mind to it! keep working hard, stay realistic, and believe in yourself. good luck!

xoxo

Katie L.

by Symphoni789 on 12/19/2012 3:24:02 PM

I love the mandarin oranges at christmas so I basically live off those.

by taylorswiftlover101 on 12/19/2012 1:30:04 PM

I don't eat a lot so I'm skinny but at the holidays I basically live off chocolate and cookies but I don't eat a lot of it so I don't gain any weight. It's not healthy, I know.

by taylorswiftlover101 on 12/19/2012 1:27:37 PM

"waiting for santa?" man.. Maybe i am getting too old for this cite :/

by dojhallow97 on 12/19/2012 11:27:49 AM

My excuse is "to do it later" and "it is the holidays", but later never rolls around. Frown

by emmacd on 12/19/2012 2:51:57 AM

I always think "You only live once"...while shoving that third cookie into my mouth :/ True, we only live once, so why not use that one chance in being as healthy as possible?

by jessm4ever on 12/18/2012 10:32:08 PM