8 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

11 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

12 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

Your beauty survival kit for the End of the World

It’s about time we stop tiptoeing around the real problem about the impending doomsday—what are we going to do with all of our makeup? It doesn’t make...

MOD!
Hi, I am 13 years old and in 8th grade. I really want to start wearing some simple and neutral makeup to school but my mom says I have to wait until highschool. I need some informal ways to ask my mom if I can early without sounding pushy because literally every girl at my school at least wears mascara and I don't understand why I am not allowed to. If I wore makeup to school I would only wear some coverup powder, blush, mascara, lip gloss, and some very neutral eyeshadow. ThanksSmile

Hey girl,

It's hard to understand your mom's rules now, but try to understand that she's doing what she is because she loves you and cares about you! Try to make a compromise with her, like that you could start out by wearing only mascara or lipgloss for now. If that doesn't work, show your maturity by not getting upset and handling the situation calmly. You can always bring it up again in a few months. And if you really can't wear makeup until high school, it's not the end of the world--you are already beautiful exactly as you are!

Meghan D.

by elisea625415 on 12/31/2012 4:32:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
I have brunette, straight, and long (like, at the end of my underarms) hair. Curls always fall out of it within 20 minutes, no matter how much you curl it. I have a semi-formal dance coming up and don't know how I should style it! Help!

hey girl! you could try an updo, like a twisted braid bun. or if ya really want curls, use hot rollers and use plenty of hairspray. good luck! xoxo

Katie L.

by soccacheer on 12/21/2012 3:32:46 PM

This was so....embarrassing to read. I feel bad for you Frown

by ♥purplexing♥ on 12/20/2012 10:53:47 PM

My comments aren't working or posting can anyone else see my comments! Cuz I can't see them

by _Sadie_ on 12/20/2012 8:59:44 PM

I luv the lip gloss!

by _Sadie_ on 12/20/2012 8:55:51 PM

I don't think the world will end and some People are making a huge deal about it. Chill and live life while u canSmile

by _Sadie_ on 12/20/2012 8:55:25 PM

Okay, first off, I do not think the world is gonna end. Second, people chill with all this "only god knows when it will end and I don't think I will need perfect makeup then" because we are obviously kidding around. And I get maybe t some PEOPL it's serious , and we shouldn't kid around, but were just trying to brighten the mood.

by _Sadie_ on 12/20/2012 8:53:00 PM

Geez louise on a cracker! These articles are ridiculous! THE WORLD WILL NOT END TOMORROW, PEOPLE.

by HelenaPS on 12/20/2012 8:18:07 PM

Girlies, Chill! These articles are meant (I'm 99.99 percent sure) to make fun of "the end of the world"! Thank you so much for these articles GL, I just laughed so incredibly hard!Smile

by * Queen of the Fashionistas* on 12/20/2012 7:48:24 PM

mod mod mod!
I love gl but I was wondering why you guys are posting so many articles about the end of the world. It may have been funny at first but now its just unnecessary. What's the point??

Hey girl! They're just fun little articles! Don't worry; new topics tomorrow! Thanks for reading!

xo