Bridget M.

is modding

AN HOUR AGO First time runnners: This is how ya get prepped for your first race! http://t.co/Fj5hMpOn7r

4 HOURS AGO Which @5SOS guy ditched the group? http://t.co/ha18y5CgrB

5 HOURS AGO Don't deck the hall, deck your nails with 5 fab Christmas manis: http://t.co/lRl4FxZNXW

COMMENTS

Your beauty survival kit for the End of the World

It’s about time we stop tiptoeing around the real problem about the impending doomsday—what are we going to do with all of our makeup? It doesn’t make...

MOD!
Hi, I am 13 years old and in 8th grade. I really want to start wearing some simple and neutral makeup to school but my mom says I have to wait until highschool. I need some informal ways to ask my mom if I can early without sounding pushy because literally every girl at my school at least wears mascara and I don't understand why I am not allowed to. If I wore makeup to school I would only wear some coverup powder, blush, mascara, lip gloss, and some very neutral eyeshadow. ThanksSmile

Hey girl,

It's hard to understand your mom's rules now, but try to understand that she's doing what she is because she loves you and cares about you! Try to make a compromise with her, like that you could start out by wearing only mascara or lipgloss for now. If that doesn't work, show your maturity by not getting upset and handling the situation calmly. You can always bring it up again in a few months. And if you really can't wear makeup until high school, it's not the end of the world--you are already beautiful exactly as you are!

Meghan D.

by elisea625415 on 12/31/2012 4:32:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
I have brunette, straight, and long (like, at the end of my underarms) hair. Curls always fall out of it within 20 minutes, no matter how much you curl it. I have a semi-formal dance coming up and don't know how I should style it! Help!

hey girl! you could try an updo, like a twisted braid bun. or if ya really want curls, use hot rollers and use plenty of hairspray. good luck! xoxo

Katie L.

by soccacheer on 12/21/2012 3:32:46 PM

This was so....embarrassing to read. I feel bad for you Frown

by ♥purplexing♥ on 12/20/2012 10:53:47 PM

My comments aren't working or posting can anyone else see my comments! Cuz I can't see them

by _Sadie_ on 12/20/2012 8:59:44 PM

I luv the lip gloss!

by _Sadie_ on 12/20/2012 8:55:51 PM

I don't think the world will end and some People are making a huge deal about it. Chill and live life while u canSmile

by _Sadie_ on 12/20/2012 8:55:25 PM

Okay, first off, I do not think the world is gonna end. Second, people chill with all this "only god knows when it will end and I don't think I will need perfect makeup then" because we are obviously kidding around. And I get maybe t some PEOPL it's serious , and we shouldn't kid around, but were just trying to brighten the mood.

by _Sadie_ on 12/20/2012 8:53:00 PM

Geez louise on a cracker! These articles are ridiculous! THE WORLD WILL NOT END TOMORROW, PEOPLE.

by HelenaPS on 12/20/2012 8:18:07 PM

Girlies, Chill! These articles are meant (I'm 99.99 percent sure) to make fun of "the end of the world"! Thank you so much for these articles GL, I just laughed so incredibly hard!Smile

by * Queen of the Fashionistas* on 12/20/2012 7:48:24 PM

mod mod mod!
I love gl but I was wondering why you guys are posting so many articles about the end of the world. It may have been funny at first but now its just unnecessary. What's the point??

Hey girl! They're just fun little articles! Don't worry; new topics tomorrow! Thanks for reading!

xo

Taeler L.

by skigirl8 on 12/20/2012 7:31:21 PM

UGH!! How many more times must I say this? WE WILL NOT DIE AT MIDNIGHT!!! Get this, they can't predict the future. God can't just agree with the Mayans and kill us at midnight in the worst cases ever. So, Mayans are wrong!! There will be NO apocolispse, we WILL NOT DIE!!!

by wesdelwarrior on 12/20/2012 7:29:08 PM

REALLY?!?!?!? are you kidding me?!?!? This is just tooooooo far! All of you at GL just need to stop with all the end of the world stuff. Just please stop! Its really starting to bug me a lot!

by eclipsechick12 on 12/20/2012 7:02:27 PM

Mod mod mod!
Ok so the other night my mom told me that she might be sending me to charm school this summer to "properly learn my manners, gain poise, and grace and confidence". I'm a bit hestitate about it and want to know ; what is charm school exactly? What do you learn? And most of all is it fun? Thanks!

Hey girl! I don't know too much about charm school, but sounds fun! Ask your mom for more details and get into a bit of research to learn more about the school you're going to attend. I bet you'll dig up some pretty cool stuff! Good luck!

xo

Taeler L.

by iheartu? on 12/20/2012 6:12:37 PM

lol I absolutely love this post so much!!! LOL LED lip gloss!!! Who cares if the world may not end. These ideas are good ideas even if you just lose power!!!

by BabyDahl13 on 12/20/2012 6:10:24 PM

Okay this is a little bit too much. There are too many articles on the mayan apocalypse on this website right now. GL I think you should tone it down with all of this end of the world stuff.

by fieldhockey001 on 12/20/2012 5:48:07 PM

I agree with drummergirl133, lilyyum, and hardwoodqueen almost 100%. I put up with it because it's fun, and even though the world isn't going to end we can still use this as a packing guide for trips and things. But yeah, it is a little excessive--all this "end of the world" stuff. I'm actually looking forward to the 22nd, just cause it'll be funny when those who thought the world was going to end realize it never did.
Oh, and actually they found more Mayan calendars saying the world won't end for tens of thousands of years, anyway--though only God knows when the world will end. It says so in the Bible. How do I know the Bible doesn't lie? Well I believe it doesn't,I trust it. But If that isn't enough...................................it passes the internal and external test better than any other historical document of its time, and still passes the bibliographic test very well. So ha.

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 12/20/2012 4:07:32 PM

So if the Mayans could predict the "end of the world", why weren't they smart enough to save their own civilization?

by sophlida on 12/20/2012 4:00:07 PM

I agree with u drummergirl133. only God does know when the worlds going to end. I think no one can predict that except for God.

by hardwoodqueen on 12/20/2012 2:43:15 PM

First off, why all this end of the world nonsense?! I know it's just fort fun and all but it's kinda excessive. And if the world did end? The last thing on my mind would be manicures, perfect blush and lipgloss, and if my hair was shiny or not. I also agree with drummergirl133, only God knows when the world will end. While this is a nice list of travel cosmetics, I wouldn't be worrying if the world did indeed end.

by lilyyum on 12/20/2012 2:13:09 PM

OMG I have the EXACT same Hello Kitty nail clippers! I got these a LONG time ago!

by TresSapphire on 12/20/2012 2:11:36 PM

Wow. Only God knows when the world is going to end. And anyways, beauty products arent even important if the world was to end tomorrow!

by drummergirl133 on 12/20/2012 1:20:58 PM

Thank goodness I already have a ton of those little hand sanitizers. That's one less thing to worry about Smile

by catlover11 on 12/20/2012 11:50:15 AM

ummm if the world really does end i dont think lip gloss or beauty supplies would protect us....

by kyra678 on 12/20/2012 10:00:52 AM