Bridget M.

is modding

AN HOUR AGO #QUIZ! Which new years resolution should you lock in? http://t.co/EsgRMIwtgm

1 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 2 trendy gals rock this Juicy Couture cross-body wallet from @Kohls: http://t.co/wGYY2ZBj9x

2 HOURS AGO The best post-holiday sales to hit up this week: http://t.co/Mj2olj0QoW

COMMENTS

6 mistakes you shouldn't make during a makeout sesh

Can’t seem to shake the kissing nerves? No worries, we’ve all been there. Whether you’re stressin’ because you have yet to lock lips with your ah-dorable crush...

MOD
Okay so i likedd this guy and i finally got up enough courage too tell him, and it turned out he liked me too! i was really happy and everything was going great untill i found out he was telling another girl the EXACT same things as he was telling me... i confronted him but he relpied with "i didnt do anything wrong" that was two months ago and we havent talked since.. my friend said i should apologies but i dont want to compete with the other girl for his attention.. i told him he could have her. Did i make a mistake?

Hey Girl, I don't think you did make a mistake and I do not agree that you should apologize. You did the right thing for you by not getting involved in all that drama. You're also respecting yourself because you deserve better than a guy who can't choose between two girls.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Tayla8991 on 2/7/2013 4:27:36 PM

in class today I was packing up and I guy I sorta like ran in my direction away from his friend and his friend said "are you trying to make out with her? Don't do that!" I was just standing there confused then the guy came behind me and held onto my shoulders and I kept asking what he was doing and all he kept saying was I am using you for protection! I have no idea what he was talking about but when I put my coat he let go and ran to put his on. We never usually hug or anything in the 4 years of knowing him the most that has happened was a high five and that does ot happened ever lol Then in another class he ran up to me at the end shouting its the end of the day are you not happy you should it's the end of the day! I just want to make a little sense out of it all! Thanks MOD Smile

Hey! sounds like he's flirting Smile he doesn't know how to say he likes you so he's acting out. You are welcome!

Helen S.

by InsideOutKid on 1/10/2013 7:20:26 PM

How do I act around my crush? We are in different schools but we still have one class together (long story). He also has a girlfriend, and I want to become better friends with him so I can flirt when he breaks up with his gf. How can I get to know him better if we only have one hour together (he sits right in front of me!)?

by LilTigel on 12/30/2012 11:19:20 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
So the other night i was at this Christmas party and there were a bunch of guys there that don't go to my school. From when I first walked in I though that one was really really cute. Later we played a board game that involved questions and teams of two and I got paired with him. Our friends then decided to make me and him the subject of the answers to their questions, which was pretty awkward. I thought that it would just be fun to kinda flirt with him and stuff at the party thinking I would never see him again, but that night and the next day my friends sent me his number and keep trying to get me to text him. I kind of ended up really liking him, so I don't know what to do. I've never had a boyfriend or any thing before, so I'm not sure if texting him would be weird if he's just not into me and I should forget about it, or if I should just go for it. If so I would have no idea what to text him in the fist place. Sorry this was so long!
Thanks!

hey girl! honestly, I say you should go for it. you like him, he doesnt go to your school, this is your best opportunity. and hey, if he doesnt return the vibes, so what?! you can say goodbye and never have to deal with him again. you could text him with an inside joke that refers to the game you played or something. good luck!  xoxo

Katie L.

by pinkballerina25 on 12/24/2012 12:45:47 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!
Help!! My boyfriend and I are going on our first date Wednesday! Yay! My dilema is that we're going bowling then to a nice restaurant. I have no idea what to wear! I don't want to look too dressy for bowling or too dressed down for the restaurant. What can I wear that's dressy, but not too dressy? Please help!! P.S. Merry Christmas!!!

hey girl! wow, sounds like a fun date. btw, congrats on the new boyfriend Smile I think your best option is a funky/casual skirt, plain shirt, and blazer or cardigan. That way youre right in between casual and dressy. xoxo

Katie L.

by Crush2010 on 12/24/2012 10:32:35 AM

Dear MOD,
So there is this guy...and I gave him a note before the world was 'supposed to end' (because I assumed it was perfect timing and an excuse to be brave) and I told him I like him! He said he likes me too Smile we have been texting..so he texted me one day, but then I texted him first the next day. Is it too clingy for me to text him first again tomorrow? I feel like if he likes me enough he should be texting me first. This is really silly, but I am getting really paranoid because I like him sooo much haha
-RAL

Hey girl,

I think that it would be fine to text him first if you know you like him, but if he starts not responding I would wait for him to text you first the next time. And try to have real conversations either in person or on the phone in addition to texting! Smile

Meghan D.

by rlitke13 on 12/23/2012 12:21:14 AM

MOD!!!
This is a delicate situation. I am in 7th grade. Something has been bothering me for the past few years. I truly wish I could move up a bit on the "status triangle" in school. Its DEFINITELY not that I don't have any respect for the group of kids in my grade, its just that most of them can be so clingy and insecure. I really wish I could have recognition from some of the awesome, appealing kids. It would totally increase my self-confidence. I would try to hang out, but I've been pretty tightly-knitted with my "nerdy" group,and I have even bigger problems- my stereotype. Its not too offensive, but all the students think I am a geeky know-it-all and a softy. That's totally wrong! I don't have much money so I cant really look as nice as the pkids in my grade, and this stereotype has been going on for too long to escape by not completely changing my personality (which is a no-no). How do I get out of this situation? I want to hang out with the popular kids so bad, its ruining me!

Hey girl,

I hate to say it, but being popular isn't all it seems to be! It's better to have a few great friends than to be in the "popular" circle. I bet a lot of them are jealous of you and your friends for having such close relationships! Don't worry about what other people label you as, because as long as you know who you are, that's what counts. Check out these articles on similar situations! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/01/18/popular-or-loser.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/08/02/I-want-to-fit-in-without-being-someone-else.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/27/I-dont-measure-up-to-the-preppy-girls.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/05/20/Advice-new-school.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/03/19/i-want-to-be-popular.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/09/the-smart-friend.aspx

Meghan D.

by Vintage_Me123 on 12/22/2012 11:35:08 PM

There's this boy, and I really like him, and he really likes me (apparently. I mean, he's told me, and my friends have told me so I just assume it's true). The thing is, he thinks i like this other boy. I did try to like the other boy because i didn't want to like this boy, but i do... so yeah that didn't work out! But anyway, i haven't told this boy i like him back and he saw me talking with the boy he thinks I like, so he might be kinda upset with me right now. he isn't answering my texts (I've sent 2) and now I don't know how to tell him I like him.

Hey girl,

Instead of texting him, try talking to him in person and tell him that you return his feelings! If you can talk in person and show him, I'm sure he'll believe you (and be happy!).

Meghan D.

by romanticbookworm13 on 12/22/2012 10:20:43 PM

I haven't had my first kiss. I'm really hoping my current crush will have my first kiss with me, but he doesn't like me. I mean, he likes me as a friend but not as GF material. I really want to kiss him SOOO bad. What can I do?

Hey girl,

Instead of worrying about making a kiss happen (it's totally normal to have not had one yet, and it will happen when you're ready with someone you like!), try focusing on finding a crush who likes you back. You could try becoming friends with the guy you currently like and spending time with him casually to show him how awesome you are, or keep your eyes open to other guys who might like you too. Your first kiss will come when you're with someone who likes you for how awesome you are, but don't worry if it hasn't happened yet!

Meghan D. Meghan D.

by wesdelwarrior on 12/22/2012 9:12:25 PM

How can I talk to this one guy I know without getting so
Flustered what should the conversation be about?

Hey! Think about how you converse with your friends, girls, guys, whatever. What do you talk about? How did you break the ice when you first met? All that applies to this guy, just think of him like anyone else. it's hard, but honestly if making conversation with him seems awkward every time it may be that you guys don't click, and that's ok! There's nothing specific you can do to make a great conversation, they just happen naturally, and that's how the best friendships are built Smile good luck!

Helen S.