6 HOURS AGO Anna & Elsa are servin' up some major hairspo! #PrincessStat: http://t.co/dQpwHoErKm

9 HOURS AGO Swap out your fatty foods for clean nom-worthy treats: http://t.co/HvO68YoFFc

10 HOURS AGO Color-changing nail polish just may be the coolest thing ever: http://t.co/sJVrKrDBFm

COMMENTS

6 mistakes you shouldn't make during a makeout sesh

Can’t seem to shake the kissing nerves? No worries, we’ve all been there. Whether you’re stressin’ because you have yet to lock lips with your ah-dorable crush...

MOD
Okay so i likedd this guy and i finally got up enough courage too tell him, and it turned out he liked me too! i was really happy and everything was going great untill i found out he was telling another girl the EXACT same things as he was telling me... i confronted him but he relpied with "i didnt do anything wrong" that was two months ago and we havent talked since.. my friend said i should apologies but i dont want to compete with the other girl for his attention.. i told him he could have her. Did i make a mistake?

Hey Girl, I don't think you did make a mistake and I do not agree that you should apologize. You did the right thing for you by not getting involved in all that drama. You're also respecting yourself because you deserve better than a guy who can't choose between two girls.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Tayla8991 on 2/7/2013 4:27:36 PM

in class today I was packing up and I guy I sorta like ran in my direction away from his friend and his friend said "are you trying to make out with her? Don't do that!" I was just standing there confused then the guy came behind me and held onto my shoulders and I kept asking what he was doing and all he kept saying was I am using you for protection! I have no idea what he was talking about but when I put my coat he let go and ran to put his on. We never usually hug or anything in the 4 years of knowing him the most that has happened was a high five and that does ot happened ever lol Then in another class he ran up to me at the end shouting its the end of the day are you not happy you should it's the end of the day! I just want to make a little sense out of it all! Thanks MOD Smile

Hey! sounds like he's flirting Smile he doesn't know how to say he likes you so he's acting out. You are welcome!

Helen S.

by InsideOutKid on 1/10/2013 7:20:26 PM

How do I act around my crush? We are in different schools but we still have one class together (long story). He also has a girlfriend, and I want to become better friends with him so I can flirt when he breaks up with his gf. How can I get to know him better if we only have one hour together (he sits right in front of me!)?

by LilTigel on 12/30/2012 11:19:20 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
So the other night i was at this Christmas party and there were a bunch of guys there that don't go to my school. From when I first walked in I though that one was really really cute. Later we played a board game that involved questions and teams of two and I got paired with him. Our friends then decided to make me and him the subject of the answers to their questions, which was pretty awkward. I thought that it would just be fun to kinda flirt with him and stuff at the party thinking I would never see him again, but that night and the next day my friends sent me his number and keep trying to get me to text him. I kind of ended up really liking him, so I don't know what to do. I've never had a boyfriend or any thing before, so I'm not sure if texting him would be weird if he's just not into me and I should forget about it, or if I should just go for it. If so I would have no idea what to text him in the fist place. Sorry this was so long!
Thanks!

hey girl! honestly, I say you should go for it. you like him, he doesnt go to your school, this is your best opportunity. and hey, if he doesnt return the vibes, so what?! you can say goodbye and never have to deal with him again. you could text him with an inside joke that refers to the game you played or something. good luck!  xoxo

Katie L.

by pinkballerina25 on 12/24/2012 12:45:47 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!
Help!! My boyfriend and I are going on our first date Wednesday! Yay! My dilema is that we're going bowling then to a nice restaurant. I have no idea what to wear! I don't want to look too dressy for bowling or too dressed down for the restaurant. What can I wear that's dressy, but not too dressy? Please help!! P.S. Merry Christmas!!!

hey girl! wow, sounds like a fun date. btw, congrats on the new boyfriend Smile I think your best option is a funky/casual skirt, plain shirt, and blazer or cardigan. That way youre right in between casual and dressy. xoxo

Katie L.

by Crush2010 on 12/24/2012 10:32:35 AM

Dear MOD,
So there is this guy...and I gave him a note before the world was 'supposed to end' (because I assumed it was perfect timing and an excuse to be brave) and I told him I like him! He said he likes me too Smile we have been texting..so he texted me one day, but then I texted him first the next day. Is it too clingy for me to text him first again tomorrow? I feel like if he likes me enough he should be texting me first. This is really silly, but I am getting really paranoid because I like him sooo much haha
-RAL

Hey girl,

I think that it would be fine to text him first if you know you like him, but if he starts not responding I would wait for him to text you first the next time. And try to have real conversations either in person or on the phone in addition to texting! Smile

Meghan D.

by rlitke13 on 12/23/2012 12:21:14 AM

MOD!!!
This is a delicate situation. I am in 7th grade. Something has been bothering me for the past few years. I truly wish I could move up a bit on the "status triangle" in school. Its DEFINITELY not that I don't have any respect for the group of kids in my grade, its just that most of them can be so clingy and insecure. I really wish I could have recognition from some of the awesome, appealing kids. It would totally increase my self-confidence. I would try to hang out, but I've been pretty tightly-knitted with my "nerdy" group,and I have even bigger problems- my stereotype. Its not too offensive, but all the students think I am a geeky know-it-all and a softy. That's totally wrong! I don't have much money so I cant really look as nice as the pkids in my grade, and this stereotype has been going on for too long to escape by not completely changing my personality (which is a no-no). How do I get out of this situation? I want to hang out with the popular kids so bad, its ruining me!

Hey girl,

I hate to say it, but being popular isn't all it seems to be! It's better to have a few great friends than to be in the "popular" circle. I bet a lot of them are jealous of you and your friends for having such close relationships! Don't worry about what other people label you as, because as long as you know who you are, that's what counts. Check out these articles on similar situations! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/01/18/popular-or-loser.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/08/02/I-want-to-fit-in-without-being-someone-else.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/27/I-dont-measure-up-to-the-preppy-girls.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/05/20/Advice-new-school.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/03/19/i-want-to-be-popular.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/09/the-smart-friend.aspx

Meghan D.

by Vintage_Me123 on 12/22/2012 11:35:08 PM

There's this boy, and I really like him, and he really likes me (apparently. I mean, he's told me, and my friends have told me so I just assume it's true). The thing is, he thinks i like this other boy. I did try to like the other boy because i didn't want to like this boy, but i do... so yeah that didn't work out! But anyway, i haven't told this boy i like him back and he saw me talking with the boy he thinks I like, so he might be kinda upset with me right now. he isn't answering my texts (I've sent 2) and now I don't know how to tell him I like him.

Hey girl,

Instead of texting him, try talking to him in person and tell him that you return his feelings! If you can talk in person and show him, I'm sure he'll believe you (and be happy!).

Meghan D.

by romanticbookworm13 on 12/22/2012 10:20:43 PM

I haven't had my first kiss. I'm really hoping my current crush will have my first kiss with me, but he doesn't like me. I mean, he likes me as a friend but not as GF material. I really want to kiss him SOOO bad. What can I do?

Hey girl,

Instead of worrying about making a kiss happen (it's totally normal to have not had one yet, and it will happen when you're ready with someone you like!), try focusing on finding a crush who likes you back. You could try becoming friends with the guy you currently like and spending time with him casually to show him how awesome you are, or keep your eyes open to other guys who might like you too. Your first kiss will come when you're with someone who likes you for how awesome you are, but don't worry if it hasn't happened yet!

Meghan D. Meghan D.

by wesdelwarrior on 12/22/2012 9:12:25 PM

How can I talk to this one guy I know without getting so
Flustered what should the conversation be about?

Hey! Think about how you converse with your friends, girls, guys, whatever. What do you talk about? How did you break the ice when you first met? All that applies to this guy, just think of him like anyone else. it's hard, but honestly if making conversation with him seems awkward every time it may be that you guys don't click, and that's ok! There's nothing specific you can do to make a great conversation, they just happen naturally, and that's how the best friendships are built Smile good luck!

Helen S.

by redvelvetluv on 12/22/2012 3:25:06 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
I think that my BFF's brother likes me. My best friend (let's call her Lucy) has a feeling that he does, and so do other people. According to Lucy, he has talked about how cool he thinks I am. Some of my other friends have said that he stares at me. One time, we were talking and I started to turn left as he went straight. He asked me where I was going, so I answered him and he said, "I was going to go this way to keep talking to you, but I'll go this way now". He's a year older than me, but whenever he sees me, he normally talks to me (unless he needs to go somewhere). I don't know what to do, any advice?

Hey! Well if you think you have feelings for him, maybe talk with him some more when he approaches you to get to know him better, of course it's ok not to be sure if you like him, so really you don't have to do anything Smile

Helen S.

by ashleyrose on 12/22/2012 2:27:53 PM

by puddinface7 on 12/22/2012 12:42:10 PM

Okay, so there's this guy I've liked for a while now. He makes up funny nicknames for me, and his locker is right by mine, so he always talks to me and jokes around. He sits next to me in one of the classes we have together, and this is the class where we can choose our own seats. He always tickles me side and says it's funny when I react to it. Does it sound like he likes me???? Because I really like him...

Hey! Sounds like it to me ;) he pays lots of attention to you it sounds like, and that can be a sign he likes you. Good luck!

Helen S.

by callieluv21 on 12/22/2012 12:39:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
hey GL! so i have a prob..well you see i had a bf before but i broke up with him after two days. everytime a guy asks me out i say no! you see i have this HUGE prob with dating for some reason..once i started dating that guy i let it control my mind and not live my life. i felt weird and uncomfortable. he would send me hearts and i would never reply. i just didnt feel anything emotion and i didnt really like him as much as i thought. i want to date i really do but i always get akward like im not ready. i've rejected almost every guy that has asked me out! and im 13 and i want to date but i cant explain the feeling...help!

Hey girl, if you don't think you're ready then wait to date. There is no rush, you have your whole life ahead of you. Just hang out with your guy friends and get to know them, you don't need to date them just yet. Don't worry about it! Smile

lauren r.

by caseycat16 on 12/22/2012 9:27:37 AM

I really like this guy, and I have for a while now. This whole group of people told me he likes me, and he told me he likes me, but according to one of his close friends it still looks like he likes this other girl. I see him still liking her to, but everyone else says he likes me. I REALLY want him to ask me out too. What should I do?

Hey girl,

The only way to find out who he likes for sure is by talking to him yourself, not by relying on hearsay! If you don't want to talk to him yourself about who he likes, try getting to know him as friends and see how he acts around you. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by claudsoda on 12/21/2012 10:09:28 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!I have known one of my good guy friends since 5th grade.We are in 9th now.I haven't really thought as him as more than a friend until recently And I have come to realize that I REAAALLLLY like this guy.He always knows how to make me smile and talking to him is the easiest thing to do in the world. Also, we slow danced at homecoming with each other in October and it was the most wonderful thing in the world. That dance meant so much to me.So why am i asking for advicec?Well last year he and one of my friends that I am just becoming really close with this year liked eachother.They never dated or became official but they had "flirtationship".Now I dont know whether I should lay off on my feelings or go for this guy that I have liked more than any other guy before.My friend claims she likes other guys but she is always unsure about her feelings and who she definately likes so I don't want her to get mad if I tell her.so,should I tell her?&how can I get out of this friendzone?

Hey girl,

If you want to make a move, I would talk to your girl friend first just to make sure their relationship is over and so she doesn't get mad at you later! If she's fine with it, there's no reason not to dance with your guy friend at the next dance, too Smile

Meghan D.

by cutieonpatrol on 12/21/2012 9:30:13 PM

Am I the only one who is utterly confused about tonguing and open mouth?

by karenbug88 on 12/21/2012 9:10:18 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!!!!
I need to get over my ex. Like, seriouly NEED to get over him. I can't stop thinking about him and its affecting everything in my life. Today started winter break so i dont have see him for 10 days, but when we get back i'm gonna need to see him everyday. Plus, we're friends on top of everything, i can't let go of our friendship (we've known each othe for years). How do I get over him????

Hey girl,

Check out this post for tips on getting over your ex, and enjoy winter break! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/10/12/How-can-I-get-over-my-ex.aspx

Meghan D.

by PandaLover0330 on 12/21/2012 8:49:03 PM

MODMODMOD! I just found out one of my older brothers is not coming until late Christmas Eve night! This means he's missing out on our traditions and I feel angry because if will be my first Christmas Eve without me. The other frustrating thing is that he's bringing his preppy girlfriend for Christmas. She's really quiet and just observes my family the whole time, and I feel like I won't be able to be my crazy, weird self and have fun on Christmas! I'm fifteen and act like I'm 6 every year! Do you have any advice on how I can make the situation easier and feel better about him missing Christmas Eve? Thank you soo much!! <3

Hey HowToLove, look on the bright side, it's just Xmas eve, not Xmas. And he'll be there for the rest of the holiday. And his girlfriend just sounds really shy. Imagine how you would feel spending the holiday with your boyfriend's family? Try talking to her to make her feel more comfortable. I'm sure she won't mind your wild behavior. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by HowToLove on 12/21/2012 7:55:25 PM

Mod mod mod
Can you help me? this is very urgent. I modded before about my group of 5 friends being called lesbian. It never bothered me heaps until my friend texted me last night and told me a group of guys (whom she had never heard of before) called her up and started saying horrible things to her about her being "lesbian". We have never even given any reason for anyone to say this. We are all totally straight. I told her to tell her parents about it coz they will know what to do. Her response was it didnt bother her. I know it is because she wont stop talking about it and how she thinks it will spread around the school. An with our school this is very likely coz gossip like that spreads super fast. People already dont make contact with my group of friends because of this rumour i dont want it to be more. What can i do???

Hey Enriquette96, unfortunately you can't stop rumors. All that matters is that you guys know it isn't true. People will always believe what they want to think. You just have to show them that their opinions of you don't matter. Once kids at your school see how their words and lies aren't affecting you guys, they will stop spreading the rumors. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Enriquette96 on 12/21/2012 7:41:40 PM

Lyane P. Mod
Thanks soo much Laughing

Glad I could help ya!! Smile

Lynae P.

by favcolorgreen on 12/21/2012 7:01:37 PM

Lynae P. Mod
no he thanked my friend

Oh then he'll probably thank you once you guys get back to school. If not, you can walk up to him and ask who the football player is and keep the convo going from there. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by favcolorgreen on 12/21/2012 6:53:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
today before lunch we had half hour core classes then lunch and then we got to choose whether we wanted to watch a movie, crafts games or cookie decorating, i chose games and was in the same room as my crush, i had wanted to give him a football player's signature (for somereason this "famous" idk who he was football player was at our school and i got his signature) then my bff takes the signature and calls him over and shows it to him, after he sees who it was he like looked exactly like a fouryearold getting the BEST thing ever then she said semi loudly Christmas presant from clara. The rest of the time his friends kept on staring at me. What should i do we just got on break and i won't see any of them for 2 weeks. I do not want them to know i like him. thanks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! Laughing

Hey favcolorgreen, there's really nothing you can do. I would wait until these weeks are over and see how he acts. He'll probably say something to you first. Did he get a chance to thank you for the gift? Xoxo

Lynae P.

by favcolorgreen on 12/21/2012 6:43:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok so this is my first mod..yay!!! ok, so i'm a freshman in highschool and i havent had a REAL boyfriend... i know it seems kind of early but i really want one... i like this guy and he has a girlfriend but i've liked him for more than a year now... and i like this other guy who rides my bus... i like both so i've decided to go after the guy on the bus.. there's problems though. he occasionally smokes drugs, and is super popular... their both really nice... i guess you could say im boy-crazy right now. this may not make sense but, help? so many boys at my school and none flirt with me... how can i get a guy i want and to have him notice me?

Hey SarahBear19307, the guy on the bus may not be a good fit for you. Be the type of person you want to attract. You want someone who is friendly, attractive, and confident right? So be sure you're always nice, look good, and appear confident. You'll find someone who matches you. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by SarahBear19307 on 12/21/2012 6:19:44 PM

MOD!
I had my first date with my bf yesterday (it was a double date) and I was very nervous. I was so nervous I hardly even talked (I am shy anyway.) I had texted him many times before and I could keep a conversation going like that, but it is much harder in person. I like him and I want to be able to turn the texting into talking. How can I get over the shyness? Thanks!

Hey Bridegge2010, you can always bring up something you texted when you see him. Does he ever send you jokes? The next time you're out together, tell him how funny you thought it was. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Bridgge2010 on 12/21/2012 5:06:10 PM

The picture is so so funny!

by lilyyum on 12/21/2012 4:56:41 PM

*MOD MOD MOD*
Me and my boyfriend never get to hang out. Most of the time we're both busy and we only get to see each other at church. But when we have a chance to hang out, my mom always says no, he's a really good guy and he respects me but my mom won't understand and let us hang out. What should I do?

Hey imposible2, maybe your mom feels the way she does because she doesn't know your boyfriend. Introduce them two or even invite him to dinner so they can talk. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by imposible2 on 12/21/2012 4:25:40 PM

Hey girls! There's a reason that this club exists-- and this reason is to give advice on boy troubles! I'm on GL almost everyday and have experience with guy troubles. Take a look at my new, improved club and ask a question--you won't regret! Just type in the searchbox: Middle School Love(: and you will find it!

by neo6m on 12/21/2012 4:24:28 PM

honestly i thought this article was useful but really funny.

by allyluvsgl on 12/21/2012 2:13:29 PM