AN HOUR AGO So, you wanna be team captain this year? Learn how to nab that top spot: http://t.co/PX9vcyHJ3w

2 HOURS AGO 2 tech cuties secure a @motrrmotrr Galileo robotic dock for iPhone/iPod Touch: http://t.co/myxUcmZB6N

3 HOURS AGO The best headphones to rock at the gym: http://t.co/1VEs3uhAWj

COMMENTS

GL's 365 best tips-of-the-day ever

Have your best year yet with a li’l help from GL. We’ve pulled together our top tips of the day, from style inspiration to health...

i really want to pick up some cute shirts from the boys section of stores but my mom said thats not how it works. she says that you by knock offs of duds clothing from the girls side. i tryed to tell her that id really like to get some dude shirts(flannel). and she told me if i ask again she'll cancel my subscription to teen vouge(thats where i got the idea from). how should i convince her without losing my subscription?

Hey girlie, if you try boys clothing (instead of men's) you'll get a more flattering, feminine fit since it'll be smaller. And boy's clothing is usually way cheaper than similar shirts you'll find in the women's or junior's department. Just ask her if you can try one on. There's no harm in trying it and then you can both see if it works or not.

Lauren T.

by Prim on 8/12/2013 7:19:13 PM

This is gonna be really helpful during the school year! Thanks GL!!

by sweetsummerglam on 8/6/2013 12:25:35 PM

Mod mod mod
I'm reeeeaaallyy short, skinny, and flat chested. How could I get taller naturally. Like what helps make you grow? I have heard about drinking lots of milk and eating protein but what are like some exercises or other foods to eat too? Really anything will help. I'm like an at least an inch shorter than everyone else my age Frown
❤ This post by the way. It's really cool

Hey chica, as long as you're eating a healthy and balanced diet, you'll grow into whatever natural height your bod should be.  To my knowledge, there are no super-growing foods.  Idea: rock some sweet heels.

Karin E.

by Fierymindedgal<3 on 1/21/2013 3:15:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD ! HELP!!!!!!!!!
Okay So I am very flat chested and I'm trying to gain weight! Thats my NYE Rezzie ! Im 86 lbs and very skinny! My mom had her period a few weeks after she turned 13 and it has been 5 months for me ! I Look like I'm bulimic (I'm Not) And I Really Want To Look More Lean And Healthy! I'm Going Into HS && I Dont Want To Look Wierd ! Are There Any Recipes or Workouts that can help me gain weight? I Really Need Some Help! I Wanna' Look Healthy Before I Go Back To The States This Summer !

Hey girl, I would first start off just eating really hardy meals. But if you're already eating large meals and are still worried about your weight, talk to your parents about taking protein supplements or other aids that may help you. I would personally stay away from those, especially because your body is still growing and maturing. Just continue eating healthily and working out!
lauren r.

by SweetLyricz on 1/13/2013 1:19:13 AM

Mod!
I'm pretty fit, but i need advice on what to eat. I'm allergic to nuts and peanuts. I can't eat apples because I wear braces and I don't eat eggs.

Hey girlie,

Check out our recipe section for tons of healthy snack ideas--a lot of them are allergy friendly! http://www.girlslife.com/category/healthy-recipes.aspx

Meghan D.

by DDacat on 1/13/2013 12:06:16 AM

sorry but i also wanted to ask this:how can i look like a tomboy??what type of clothing,hair and makeup should i wear?thanks again! Laughing

hey! oh ok! You should def hit up the boys section at target they have a lot of great stuff you can match with feminine pieces to get that tomboy look.

Helen S.

by hot mess on 1/5/2013 4:30:03 PM

lately i want to become a tomboy.can u please help me to become one??thanks! Laughing

hey! if you spend a lot of time outside you might get really into outdoor activities and sports and stuff Smile

Helen S.

by hot mess on 1/5/2013 4:19:24 PM

ohmygosh, this helped with everything soooo much! thank u! GL is just about the bestestest thing out there for girls! I love reading ur guys' advice! it inspires me and makes me feel sooo calm! thank u soooo much! im so grateful for everything gl has done for girls! thanks! xo

by lalalagurl on 1/5/2013 12:09:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
1) Okkkkk........so this is kinda a weird question, but how do you make shoes smell better? my tennis shoes reek because I wear them all the time and wear them for PE, track, and volleyball. They're pretty groos. Help!!!!!!!
2) I'm not sure whether or not I should ask out the guy I like. I like him sooooooooooooooooo much its crazy!!!!!!!!!! but we're friends and I don't wanna wreck that....but I think he might like me back Smile
3) I want to get my hair cut but I'm not sure how I should get it cut. My hair is blonde and down to my lower back, but the weird thing is its straight on top, curly around my face, and wavy on the bottom......yeah. its kinda messed up. Anyway.....I want to get around 10 inches off so I can donate is, but I don't know what I should get like layers and stuff. (it needs to fit into a ponytail!!!!!) Thanks!!!!!! sorry its kinda long.......

Hey actress12345, throw your shoes in with all your other dirty clothes and wash them. Maybe add extra fabric softener. Let them air dry so they won't shrink in the dryer. Wash them every now and then. Friendships can become damaged if two people try something romantic out and it doesn't work. Be sure he likes you too and then try something. You two should promise to each other that not matter what happens, you'll always be friends. I think a hair bob would look cute on you. Google pics of Lauren Conrad, Jessica Simpson, Rihanna's hair bobs for inspirations. Hope this all helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by actress12345 on 1/4/2013 5:48:31 PM

OK so at my school we have this program called The American Experience where kids come from Korea for 1 month. And they follow somebody around to their classes everyday (one girl for AM one for PM) And I was chosen! They're coming next week and I'm taking her in the PM, my best friend in the AM. I did this last year too, but I didn't really bond to well with the girl. And also because we're at a Christian school we're supposed to share our faith with them.
What are some tips to
Bond well with her
oh and also to teach her about Christianity
Thx so much

Hey! just stay really friendly and positive the whole time you're with her. it can be scary to be in a new place, possibly speaking a second language or none at all. How would you feel if you were visiting a Korean school? So just be sensitive. If you feel kind of awkward try to push past that and keep smiling and talking to her and trying to engage her in conversation. Show her around your school, including the christian traditions that you practice there and just be very open and honest about explaining what it all means to you and answer her questions if she has any. you'll do great, I know it Smile

Helen S.