9 HOURS AGO Can we get a "yas" for this surfing pig? http://t.co/NKdXo1fHEB

11 HOURS AGO Listening to @BeaMiller #youngblood and wishing it was live like yesterday! #glfashbash

12 HOURS AGO Stripes, polka dots, or floral?! Find your perf print match here: http://t.co/lM41ZdRSJ6

COMMENTS

GL's 365 best tips-of-the-day ever

Have your best year yet with a li’l help from GL. We’ve pulled together our top tips of the day, from style inspiration to health...

***MOD***MOD***MOD***
I'm sixteen and a junior in high school. My best friend is well...the best, but I can never hang out with her outside of school. Her parents are really strict. They know me and like me, but they believe that socializing is a waste of time and they don't trust other people at all. I understand that they're trying to protect her, but I think the fact that they don't let her experience anything at all will only make her more naive. She's not allowed to go to any school events or any parties that I have (sleepovers, small get togethers, etc.) The only time I can hang out with her outside of school is when we volunteer together. What are some more ways we can volunteer together? And I know her parent's rules are out of my control, but is there anything that I can do? Thanks!

Hey Girl, planting trees is fun and you can do it outside. You can set up regular volunteer hours at places like SPCA. Find something you're interested in that you can do together.

HAnnah H.

Hannah H.

by crazyshortie13 on 1/3/2013 4:59:26 PM

What should i wear going back to school after winter break? Hair? Makeup? Outfit?
I want to stand out more and make a change! I got my eyebrows done and have been using different facials and got red gel nails but i need all the rest of the outfit. Probably going with the color red because of my nails. I don't have any blazers, or colored jeans, and dont really want to wear a skirt or dress. So thats pretty much it.

Hey Girly! Lots of girls break out all the new clothes they got over the holidays once they get back from break. What did you get? Can you create a cute outfit from that? Dress up some jeans with a scarf over a cute girly button up and a zip up jacket. Pair the outfit with some rockin' shoes like classy flats or some chic boots. add some accessories to your hair like a floral headband.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by <3qtpiecatherine<3 on 1/3/2013 2:40:14 PM

wow. that's a lot.

by aki2000 on 1/2/2013 6:25:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
ok well i've noticed on this website that there is alot of stuff about working out and i've never really worked out before. i never thought that i needed to since i'm skinny but now i really kinda want to start cause i wanna feel healthy. i just don't know how! can u help me start an exersize routine that i can do daily and give me some tips? thanks! i'm new to this and don't really no what to do or how to start!

Hey girlie, I think YouTube workout videos are a great place to start. You can find videos for any kind of exercise that you're interested. You can try circuit training, yoga or zumba and you won't need much more than your computer and maybe some hand weights.

Lauren T.

by Alykat18 on 1/2/2013 4:59:50 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
So during winter, where i live we have a lot of snow, so obviously I can't run. I want to convince my parents to let me get a membership to our city rec-center but they aren't listening. So,
1. how do I convince my parents to let me get a membership to the rec-center and
2. What are some good workouts to do inside? and
3. If we have a good idea for a post that GL should do, is their a way to submit it?
Thanks Smile

Hey girlie, 1. look at the cost with them to see what it breaks down to. If you get any sort of allowance or anything you could offer to use some for your membership. 2. You can find all kinds of workouts on YouTube. Anything from Jillian Michael's videos to yoga and pilates. 3. You can visit http://www.girlslife.com/page/contact.aspx to get in touch with GL staff.

Lauren T.

by riadaisy on 1/2/2013 4:49:54 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!
I really think you'd find my profile quite interesting. I would really appreciate if you'd give it a look and tell me your thoughts? Thanks, brother!
ruuuuuuufff!

hey ozzy! OMG, is this a profile for your dog?! I've never seen a profile like this before haha...try and keep it to humans from now on, okay? Smile

xoxo

Katie L.

by ozzy on 1/2/2013 4:48:18 PM

How does one cut soda out of their diet once and for all? Impossible! It's everywhere like at celebrations and in the fridge. You can't really just get rid of it.

also, I think some of the healthy choice things are good ideas. For other people. I'm one of those people who just don't find certain things tasty. Zucchinis, cucumbersm, oatmeal, milk (except chocolate), plain cheese, coconuts, the list goes on. SO its kind of hard to switch out unhealthy stuff i like to eat with healthy stuff i absolutely hate tasting and even smelling. Any ideas for me?

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 1/2/2013 3:32:50 PM

Loved reading these! Never knew some of this stuff, thanks this helps A LOT!

by LexiNicoleBieber on 1/2/2013 1:51:00 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my new years resolution was to tell Him I LOVE him!!! So I did and all my friends liked the post on instagram. My friend even TAGGED him!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH I don't wanna wait for him to see it!!! I've liked him for SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long! how can i handle waiting?

Hey girl, it seems like your wish came true then. Why not message him on facebook or send him a cute text asking if he's seen it yet?

Jenn S.

by YayaYuiki on 1/2/2013 12:17:17 PM

Mod mod mod
It said uggs are bad for ur feet. What do they do? Does that go for all fluffy boots? Thanks xoxo

Hey girl, they're not necessarily bad they are just not ideal for days where you plan on walkin a lot since the bottoms are flat and they do not give your foot and support, which can lead to you feelin sore later.

Jenn S.