AN HOUR AGO Is your cereal causing you to have a bad day? http://t.co/qBXmfHfn4h

2 HOURS AGO Haute 'n' haunted #HalloweenNails: http://t.co/wibxKc4jOc

2 HOURS AGO #Unraveled by @GenniferAlbin is finally in stores! Still need to catch up? Read the first book in the series, #Crewel, on @wattpad for free!

COMMENTS

GL's 365 best tips-of-the-day ever

Have your best year yet with a li’l help from GL. We’ve pulled together our top tips of the day, from style inspiration to health...

i really want to pick up some cute shirts from the boys section of stores but my mom said thats not how it works. she says that you by knock offs of duds clothing from the girls side. i tryed to tell her that id really like to get some dude shirts(flannel). and she told me if i ask again she'll cancel my subscription to teen vouge(thats where i got the idea from). how should i convince her without losing my subscription?

Hey girlie, if you try boys clothing (instead of men's) you'll get a more flattering, feminine fit since it'll be smaller. And boy's clothing is usually way cheaper than similar shirts you'll find in the women's or junior's department. Just ask her if you can try one on. There's no harm in trying it and then you can both see if it works or not.

Lauren T.

by Prim on 8/12/2013 7:19:13 PM

This is gonna be really helpful during the school year! Thanks GL!!

by sweetsummerglam on 8/6/2013 12:25:35 PM

Mod mod mod
I'm reeeeaaallyy short, skinny, and flat chested. How could I get taller naturally. Like what helps make you grow? I have heard about drinking lots of milk and eating protein but what are like some exercises or other foods to eat too? Really anything will help. I'm like an at least an inch shorter than everyone else my age Frown
❤ This post by the way. It's really cool

Hey chica, as long as you're eating a healthy and balanced diet, you'll grow into whatever natural height your bod should be.  To my knowledge, there are no super-growing foods.  Idea: rock some sweet heels.

Karin E.

by Fierymindedgal<3 on 1/21/2013 3:15:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD ! HELP!!!!!!!!!
Okay So I am very flat chested and I'm trying to gain weight! Thats my NYE Rezzie ! Im 86 lbs and very skinny! My mom had her period a few weeks after she turned 13 and it has been 5 months for me ! I Look like I'm bulimic (I'm Not) And I Really Want To Look More Lean And Healthy! I'm Going Into HS && I Dont Want To Look Wierd ! Are There Any Recipes or Workouts that can help me gain weight? I Really Need Some Help! I Wanna' Look Healthy Before I Go Back To The States This Summer !

Hey girl, I would first start off just eating really hardy meals. But if you're already eating large meals and are still worried about your weight, talk to your parents about taking protein supplements or other aids that may help you. I would personally stay away from those, especially because your body is still growing and maturing. Just continue eating healthily and working out!
lauren r.

by SweetLyricz on 1/13/2013 1:19:13 AM

Mod!
I'm pretty fit, but i need advice on what to eat. I'm allergic to nuts and peanuts. I can't eat apples because I wear braces and I don't eat eggs.

Hey girlie,

Check out our recipe section for tons of healthy snack ideas--a lot of them are allergy friendly! http://www.girlslife.com/category/healthy-recipes.aspx

Meghan D.

by DDacat on 1/13/2013 12:06:16 AM

sorry but i also wanted to ask this:how can i look like a tomboy??what type of clothing,hair and makeup should i wear?thanks again! Laughing

hey! oh ok! You should def hit up the boys section at target they have a lot of great stuff you can match with feminine pieces to get that tomboy look.

Helen S.

by hot mess on 1/5/2013 4:30:03 PM

lately i want to become a tomboy.can u please help me to become one??thanks! Laughing

hey! if you spend a lot of time outside you might get really into outdoor activities and sports and stuff Smile

Helen S.

by hot mess on 1/5/2013 4:19:24 PM

ohmygosh, this helped with everything soooo much! thank u! GL is just about the bestestest thing out there for girls! I love reading ur guys' advice! it inspires me and makes me feel sooo calm! thank u soooo much! im so grateful for everything gl has done for girls! thanks! xo

by lalalagurl on 1/5/2013 12:09:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
1) Okkkkk........so this is kinda a weird question, but how do you make shoes smell better? my tennis shoes reek because I wear them all the time and wear them for PE, track, and volleyball. They're pretty groos. Help!!!!!!!
2) I'm not sure whether or not I should ask out the guy I like. I like him sooooooooooooooooo much its crazy!!!!!!!!!! but we're friends and I don't wanna wreck that....but I think he might like me back Smile
3) I want to get my hair cut but I'm not sure how I should get it cut. My hair is blonde and down to my lower back, but the weird thing is its straight on top, curly around my face, and wavy on the bottom......yeah. its kinda messed up. Anyway.....I want to get around 10 inches off so I can donate is, but I don't know what I should get like layers and stuff. (it needs to fit into a ponytail!!!!!) Thanks!!!!!! sorry its kinda long.......

Hey actress12345, throw your shoes in with all your other dirty clothes and wash them. Maybe add extra fabric softener. Let them air dry so they won't shrink in the dryer. Wash them every now and then. Friendships can become damaged if two people try something romantic out and it doesn't work. Be sure he likes you too and then try something. You two should promise to each other that not matter what happens, you'll always be friends. I think a hair bob would look cute on you. Google pics of Lauren Conrad, Jessica Simpson, Rihanna's hair bobs for inspirations. Hope this all helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by actress12345 on 1/4/2013 5:48:31 PM

OK so at my school we have this program called The American Experience where kids come from Korea for 1 month. And they follow somebody around to their classes everyday (one girl for AM one for PM) And I was chosen! They're coming next week and I'm taking her in the PM, my best friend in the AM. I did this last year too, but I didn't really bond to well with the girl. And also because we're at a Christian school we're supposed to share our faith with them.
What are some tips to
Bond well with her
oh and also to teach her about Christianity
Thx so much

Hey! just stay really friendly and positive the whole time you're with her. it can be scary to be in a new place, possibly speaking a second language or none at all. How would you feel if you were visiting a Korean school? So just be sensitive. If you feel kind of awkward try to push past that and keep smiling and talking to her and trying to engage her in conversation. Show her around your school, including the christian traditions that you practice there and just be very open and honest about explaining what it all means to you and answer her questions if she has any. you'll do great, I know it Smile

Helen S.

by hermione&ron on 1/3/2013 8:39:03 PM

***MOD***MOD***MOD***
I'm sixteen and a junior in high school. My best friend is well...the best, but I can never hang out with her outside of school. Her parents are really strict. They know me and like me, but they believe that socializing is a waste of time and they don't trust other people at all. I understand that they're trying to protect her, but I think the fact that they don't let her experience anything at all will only make her more naive. She's not allowed to go to any school events or any parties that I have (sleepovers, small get togethers, etc.) The only time I can hang out with her outside of school is when we volunteer together. What are some more ways we can volunteer together? And I know her parent's rules are out of my control, but is there anything that I can do? Thanks!

Hey Girl, planting trees is fun and you can do it outside. You can set up regular volunteer hours at places like SPCA. Find something you're interested in that you can do together.

HAnnah H.

Hannah H.

by crazyshortie13 on 1/3/2013 4:59:26 PM

What should i wear going back to school after winter break? Hair? Makeup? Outfit?
I want to stand out more and make a change! I got my eyebrows done and have been using different facials and got red gel nails but i need all the rest of the outfit. Probably going with the color red because of my nails. I don't have any blazers, or colored jeans, and dont really want to wear a skirt or dress. So thats pretty much it.

Hey Girly! Lots of girls break out all the new clothes they got over the holidays once they get back from break. What did you get? Can you create a cute outfit from that? Dress up some jeans with a scarf over a cute girly button up and a zip up jacket. Pair the outfit with some rockin' shoes like classy flats or some chic boots. add some accessories to your hair like a floral headband.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by <3qtpiecatherine<3 on 1/3/2013 2:40:14 PM

wow. that's a lot.

by aki2000 on 1/2/2013 6:25:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
ok well i've noticed on this website that there is alot of stuff about working out and i've never really worked out before. i never thought that i needed to since i'm skinny but now i really kinda want to start cause i wanna feel healthy. i just don't know how! can u help me start an exersize routine that i can do daily and give me some tips? thanks! i'm new to this and don't really no what to do or how to start!

Hey girlie, I think YouTube workout videos are a great place to start. You can find videos for any kind of exercise that you're interested. You can try circuit training, yoga or zumba and you won't need much more than your computer and maybe some hand weights.

Lauren T.

by Alykat18 on 1/2/2013 4:59:50 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
So during winter, where i live we have a lot of snow, so obviously I can't run. I want to convince my parents to let me get a membership to our city rec-center but they aren't listening. So,
1. how do I convince my parents to let me get a membership to the rec-center and
2. What are some good workouts to do inside? and
3. If we have a good idea for a post that GL should do, is their a way to submit it?
Thanks Smile

Hey girlie, 1. look at the cost with them to see what it breaks down to. If you get any sort of allowance or anything you could offer to use some for your membership. 2. You can find all kinds of workouts on YouTube. Anything from Jillian Michael's videos to yoga and pilates. 3. You can visit http://www.girlslife.com/page/contact.aspx to get in touch with GL staff.

Lauren T.

by riadaisy on 1/2/2013 4:49:54 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!
I really think you'd find my profile quite interesting. I would really appreciate if you'd give it a look and tell me your thoughts? Thanks, brother!
ruuuuuuufff!

hey ozzy! OMG, is this a profile for your dog?! I've never seen a profile like this before haha...try and keep it to humans from now on, okay? Smile

xoxo

Katie L.

by ozzy on 1/2/2013 4:48:18 PM

How does one cut soda out of their diet once and for all? Impossible! It's everywhere like at celebrations and in the fridge. You can't really just get rid of it.

also, I think some of the healthy choice things are good ideas. For other people. I'm one of those people who just don't find certain things tasty. Zucchinis, cucumbersm, oatmeal, milk (except chocolate), plain cheese, coconuts, the list goes on. SO its kind of hard to switch out unhealthy stuff i like to eat with healthy stuff i absolutely hate tasting and even smelling. Any ideas for me?

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 1/2/2013 3:32:50 PM

Loved reading these! Never knew some of this stuff, thanks this helps A LOT!

by LexiNicoleBieber on 1/2/2013 1:51:00 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my new years resolution was to tell Him I LOVE him!!! So I did and all my friends liked the post on instagram. My friend even TAGGED him!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH I don't wanna wait for him to see it!!! I've liked him for SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long! how can i handle waiting?

Hey girl, it seems like your wish came true then. Why not message him on facebook or send him a cute text asking if he's seen it yet?

Jenn S.

by YayaYuiki on 1/2/2013 12:17:17 PM

Mod mod mod
It said uggs are bad for ur feet. What do they do? Does that go for all fluffy boots? Thanks xoxo

Hey girl, they're not necessarily bad they are just not ideal for days where you plan on walkin a lot since the bottoms are flat and they do not give your foot and support, which can lead to you feelin sore later.

Jenn S.

by Fierymindedgal<3 on 1/2/2013 11:58:53 AM

MOD!MOD!!MOD!!!
Hi I go back to school tomorrowFrown and over break got some cute new clothes that I am excited to wear. Tomorrow I would like to wear a sweater/sweatshirt that I got a forever21. It is a light pinkish color and is a plain crew neck sweatshirt (with no hood) but then on the back there are 3 bows and there is like a slit down the back(sorry its kinda hard to describe). I really want to start the new year and school off with a cute outfit so what should I wear with it? I also don't know how I should do my hair. I was thinking a casual sock bun, curls, combed out curs(waves), or straightened. What do you think I should do for the outfit and hair? ThanksSmile

hey girl! that sounds really cute. I think that would look really cute with black skinny jeans, boots, and combed out curls for a fresh take on a retro look. If you want to go more casual, go with the sock bun, light wash jeans, and flats. For something really girly, curl your hair and wear the sweater with a flouncy skirt, tights, and boots.

xoxo

Katie L.

by elisea625415 on 1/2/2013 11:08:37 AM

1. How can I make a ponytail like Cheryl Cole's in her music video Call My Name? My Hair falls till the middle of my forearm, it's straight. But my bangs come just till above the bottom of my nose I.e. they're way short!!!!

hey chica! first of all, I LOVE Cheryl Cole. Isn't she just awesome?! So I just rewatched the video...it depends on if you want your hair to have the bangs spread across your forehead, or pushed to both sides. If you want your hair like she wears it in the beginning, you're going to have to get your bangs cut into something called The Bardot Bangs. They hit almost at the eyebrows and are longer on the sides. And it's awesome because they're flattering on pretty much every face shape! If you want your bangs pushed to the side like they are about halfway into the video, you don't have to cut your hair. Just style it into a high pony, and maybe curl a couple strands and then brush them out to give you more texture. Then part your bangs down the middle and use a bit of hairspray to keep them to their side.

xoxo

Katie L.

by LilyBS123 on 1/2/2013 7:25:04 AM

Woah just read the whole thing! This is excellent! Love this website!!! THANK YOU GL

by ForeverYoung501 on 1/2/2013 2:11:16 AM